PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > DmC: Devil May Cry
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
Mr Deftino

Mr Deftino's Gamercard
Save Reading Glitch?

Anybody else encountered this?

When I load up the game and it asks me to select my storage device, I select my HDD, and it just has the option to create a new game in each of the 5 slots, so I can't load my old game :/. When I go into storage on the dashboard and look at DMC, there is a 2MB save in Slot 1, which is my original save file, but for some reason the game is not reading it. Any reason why this is happening?

I'd really want to recover this save as it has 2 completed playthroughs will all collectibles and upgrades. I was going to go for the Nephilim SSS playthrough

Completed Retail: COD4, Oblivion (1250), Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Harry Potter OOTP, Harry Potter HBP, Fallout 3 (1000), Tomb Raider Underworld (1000), L.A. Noire (1400), Captain America: Super Soldier, Iron Man 2, The Amazing Spider-Man, Mafia II (1000), Saints Row: The Third (1000), LEGO Harry Potter 1-4

Completed Arcade: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (250)
Mr Deftino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Rogue joker

Roguejoker86's Gamercard
I've also just experienced this. I just finished up DMD mode and only had HOH and HAH left. I remember reading on the PC forums that going into training mode ruined someone's save file. I do recall going into training right before my save file couldn't upload anymore. The circumstances are pretty much similar as my save file was 2mb. I've had no luck with clearing cache, reinstalling, and cleaning the disk/xbox.
Rogue joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Try putting onto a USB and loading from there?

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Mr Deftino

Mr Deftino's Gamercard
I can't find anything on this elsewhere, this is literally the only thread I've seen. It must be a very rare glitch. A horrible one to get though

Mine happened when I took my HDD over to a friends house and used it on his Xbox, it wouldn't read the save then but I just thought oh, maybe it was just coz of his Xbox. Put it in mine, same thing.

And also TGM I've tried loading it from Cloud storage and it still doesn't show up, so I don't think its location is the issue

Completed Retail: COD4, Oblivion (1250), Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Harry Potter OOTP, Harry Potter HBP, Fallout 3 (1000), Tomb Raider Underworld (1000), L.A. Noire (1400), Captain America: Super Soldier, Iron Man 2, The Amazing Spider-Man, Mafia II (1000), Saints Row: The Third (1000), LEGO Harry Potter 1-4

Completed Arcade: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (250)
Mr Deftino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #5
Rogue joker

Roguejoker86's Gamercard
I ended up just starting over again. I'm about caught up now, this game has become very natural to me.
Rogue joker is offline   Reply With Quote