PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback > FAQ
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
CrimsonBohemian
 
CrimsonBohemian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 90

CrimsonBohemian's Gamercard
Custom Avatars?

Ok so kinda new to the whole forum thing, and I finally got my signature to work with movements and all!

So I was wondering about "custom avatars"? I see images I would like to post but it says the limit is 100x100 or 19.6 KB (whichever is smaller). I'm seeing people with fuller sized avatars, so is there something I can do? On a side note can avatars be gifs as well or just jpeg?

Also can we have more than one sig? I kinda wanna put something with my GT next to Buffy...
__________________
CrimsonBohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,600

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBohemian View Post
So I was wondering about "custom avatars"? I see images I would like to post but it says the limit is 100x100 or 19.6 KB (whichever is smaller). I'm seeing people with fuller sized avatars, so is there something I can do? On a side note can avatars be gifs as well or just jpeg?
Subscribers get a slightly larger limit of 150x150 (unsure about file size), that may be what you're seeing.

Avatars can be gifs, but most gifs are going to be too large for the restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBohemian View Post
Also can we have more than one sig? I kinda wanna put something with my GT next to Buffy...
You can have multiple signature images, but all your images combined need to fit within the restrictions (500x300).
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
Kairi
Moderator
 
Kairi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Le cauchemar rouge
Posts: 9,658
Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Referrals - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
The bigger avatars are for subscribers only. The avatars can be gifs as long as they are 100x100 and under the 19.8 Kb limit.

As for the sigs, you can have more than one. However, everything put together can not exceed the 500x300 size limit.
__________________
XboxAchievements Code of Conduct - Read. Understand. Follow.
Backloggery | GoodReads | iCheckMovies
I wish I could be the one, The one who won't care at all
But being the one on the stand, I know the way to go, no one's guiding me.
When time soaked with blood turns its back, I know it's hard to fall.
Confided in me was your heart. I know it's hurting you, but it's killing me.

Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Shut up and Kiss me!!
Posts: 5,148

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - Scotty   5,000 Posts   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBohemian View Post
Ok so kinda new to the whole forum thing, and I finally got my signature to work with movements and all!

So I was wondering about "custom avatars"? I see images I would like to post but it says the limit is 100x100 or 19.6 KB (whichever is smaller). I'm seeing people with fuller sized avatars, so is there something I can do? On a side note can avatars be gifs as well or just jpeg?

Also can we have more than one sig? I kinda wanna put something with my GT next to Buffy...
to get the fuller sized avatar image, you need to subscribe, it is one of the many perks. if you are interested, CLICK HERE TO BEGIN.

as for your signature, i think you can have as many as you want, so long as it is within the total size limit.



EDIT: ninja'd by 5 minutes! how embarrassing, that it took me so long to type
__________________
Support the site! / Like awards?
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
CrimsonBohemian
 
CrimsonBohemian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 90

CrimsonBohemian's Gamercard
Thanks for the heads up guys...any tips on maybe where is a good place to make sure I can get avatars that fit? (or a way for me to resize them?)
__________________
CrimsonBohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
KuShNsTieN
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 567

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBohemian View Post
Thanks for the heads up guys...any tips on maybe where is a good place to make sure I can get avatars that fit? (or a way for me to resize them?)
Usually any picture you place for your avatar will be resized by itself.

If you want to do it on your own you can use programs like Photoshop, Gimp, etc. to resize it
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
100x100, custom avatats, gifs, question

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:59 PM.