PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #61
AeroSpartacus

AeroSpartacus's Gamercard
I picked up Borderlands 1 GOTY edition recently to see what the hype is about, but I didn't enjoy it that much. I 1000'd the main game and finished 2 of the DLC's, but the looming boredom of Mad Moxxi and camping for robot parts has kept me from putting it back in. I also wasn't too impressed by GTA IV. I beat the main story, but I haven't finished any of the side mission achievements. I'm also not huge on Dragon Age.
AeroSpartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #62
Akir388

Akir388's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Only two so far- Assassins Creed and Final Fantasy. Both for the same reasons. I cannot get used to the play style and just do not feel connected to the storyline. Might try giving them a second try later on. It took me a while to get into Mass Effect 2 and now it is one of my favorite games.

Sig made by Gackt
Akir388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #63
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Halo - just not my type of game. Though I have to admit I only played ODST for the 360, I don't see myself ever playing Halo again

Final Fantasy - since I'm an RPG fan, a friend recommended me to try out FF13. It seemed like a great game, but I just could not get along with the turn-based combat system.

Assassins Creed 3 - this was a slight disappointment. I really enjoyed the other AC games, but AC3 just could not grip me. Completed the story and never played it again

Crysis - same as Halo. Just not my type of game

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #64
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I just CANNOT get into Fallout 3. I have tried multiple times but to no avail. There is something about it which I just do not like at all.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #65
Slaughter.
GIT GUD

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Gears of War and Halo. I can't get interested in either of their stories/ concepts.

Most recent completion - Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:24 AM   #66
chewbaccagaijin

chewbaccagaijin's Gamercard
Bioshock. I really liked the atmosphere but after a few hours I just couldn't put up with the poor gameplay anymore.
chewbaccagaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 AM   #67
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
Skyrim. I loved Oblivion and I love the Fallout games as well, but Skyrim is just to damn boring to get into.

It really pisses me off too, I was looking forward to playing it. All I've heard since its release is how utterly great the new game engine is, but aside from duel wielding weapons, which is unimpressive in my opinion, I'm hard pressed to see any serious difference.

The quests are mind numbingly monotonous, you can sum them up in two categories: Go somewhere and kill a group of people or go somewhere and fetch some item. Not only that, but there's absolutely no motivation given for anything you're asked to do, I have no clue why I'm doing half the things I'm asked to do in this game.

There's also no repercussions what-so-ever for any action you take. You can be a thief and rob people blind and everyone will still treat you like a hero. Of course that's pointless because there's nothing in the game to steal that cant be found lying around for free or gotten off of a dead enemy anyway. Even if you get caught killing an innocent person all you have to do is pay a fine and it's as if nothing ever happened. There's two warring factions in the game but neither side seems to care at all if you help the other one.

There's no motivation to go out and explore because the loot in Skyrim is nothing but low level crap that you could easily make yourself. Even the unique items are less powerful than what I can make on my own, assuming you have your enchanting skill at a decent level.

Finding decent weapons is kind of pointless anyway seeing as once you reach max level you're so overpowered it's ridiculously easy even on the hardest difficulty. I've yet to find an enemy that wont die in one or two swipes of my sword since hitting level 70 or so. It's gotten downright boring.

Don't even get me started on the bugs, Bethesda's inability to make a game that's not riddled with glitches isn't even funny anymore. How they manage to stay in business is mind boggling.

If its true that what you don’t know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!

Last edited by ReaptheChaos; 02-26-2013 at 05:25 AM.
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #68
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
GTA 4.

Biggest load of **** I've ever played and finished. Didn't understand the hype.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #69
evanswrath7

EvAnSwRaTh v2's Gamercard
the batman games!!!!....just cant be arsed to get into them and lord knows i have tried loads of times!!.just bored me and annoys the hell outta me!!
evanswrath7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:14 AM   #70
packers4life12

Cb7tuner91's Gamercard
I just can't get into anything MP (CoD, Halo, Gears) Loved Gears SP. Idk maybe I'm just old school and remember games when it was just me and a controller and a good SP campaign. That's why it makes me sad to say that after almost 200,000GS I'm leaning towards jumping to PS3 cuz of there amazing SP exclusives. Just seems like M$ only really cares about MP. They just don't show any of us SP lovers any love with there 1st party studios
Old 02-27-2013, 03:28 AM   #71
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Skyrim, wanted to like it, but just couldn't and now it's stuck on my list at 10/1000 ><. I loved Oblivion, it was one of, if not the first, game I 1k'd so Skyrim was a massive let down for me.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #72
metalsteelix

Send a message via Skype™ to metalsteelix

ChaoticFantasyX's Gamercard
Tales of Vesperia
GTA IV
Blue Dragon

By all means, they aren't bad games, I just can't get into it.

Thanks to Gackt for this AMAZING sig ^^

Youtube: BokxieFTW
XBL: ChaoticFantasyX
Steam: Bokxie
3DS: 3110-4834-1382 (Nintendo Network ID: Bokxie)
Playfire: BokxieFTW
metalsteelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #73
AlmostHero

AlmostHero15's Gamercard
Call of Duty
Dead Space
Mass Effect
Assassins Creed
AlmostHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #74
SinEchoHunter

SinEchoHunter's Gamercard
Skyrim and minecraft, this is mostly because of people saying that its awesome and then talking about it so much that when i actually play them there is nothing exciting as with tales of vesperia im near the end and i cant be bothered to play it anymore (mostly because i havent played it on around 6 months)
Old 02-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #75
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
This is a great topic choice for a thread.. Kinda reminds me of the "Unpopular Opinions" thread a while back.

Games that I have no interest in that everyone else thinks are so great:

Oblivion and Skyrim - I'm sorry but I'm not into the whole fantasy Mid-Evil, swords and sorcery stuff. This is also why I always had a hard time getting into the lord of the rings films and Game of Thrones on HBO. I'm more of a Sci-Fi guy, that's why I prefer fallout over these.

Final Fantasy - Basically everyone I ever played. I don't know what it is about them, but they arn't Xenogears.. far from it.

Mindcraft - It's a level editor to me.. and not having a creative bone in my body doesn't boost my interest in this title whatsoever.

The Orange Box - I am just not a fan of Valve, Steam or that walking contradiction Gabe Newal. While I did enjoy Portal, Team Fortress was as much as a bore as Half Life 2 IMO. I prefer ID's games any day of the week and twice on Sunday! They also take more pride in their console ports as well.

Castle Crashers - I just couldn't get into it, I instead had a friend get me all the achievements in a day.. I was only a level 22.

Happy Wars - Same thing, just couldn't get into it.

Doritos Crash Course - I've never been this frustrated and pissed off since playing the first 3 MegaMans on the NES.. At least the Mega Man games were good though.

I really can't think of anymore off the top of my head but I can tell you that I have also lost interest in Gears, Halo and Cod completely and I have absolutely no interest the Music, Simulation (very few exceptions like racers) or Real Time strategy genre whatsoever. I also despise PC gaming and don't even look at the PC as a gaming platform for me. I also don't understand how anyone can game sitting at a desk to game.. even some console gamers do that and I'll never understand it.. it's just "Alien" to me. Too each their own, but these are almost pet peeves of mine.

I think I covered everything except for all the games I could care less about.

Last edited by Delow317; 02-28-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Delow317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 AM   #76
messytacos

messytacos's Gamercard
COD Pretty much all I can think about of complete garbage to me but gold to others just saying.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:42 AM   #77
Skelerabbit

Skelerabbit's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Halo - I've played 1, 2, 3, Reach & ODST and I could not tell you what the plot is in any of them. I end up blanking and just going through the motions because I become so bored. I tried really hard to get into Halo and I failed.

COD - To be fair, I haven't played any of them, but I've seen gameplay footage and it just doesn't seem appealing. What really puts me off is that it seems like they release the same game over and over.

Final Fantasy - I had (still have, actually) Final Fantasy VIII for Playstation and I couldn't get past the very beginning. I've never been able to get into turn-based RPGs. I did, however, play a demo for a turn-based RPG over and over as a kid.. if I had ended up getting the game, it may very well have been the only one I would have liked. I think it was called The Legend of Dragoon. Not sure though.

I also can't get into any RTS games and while I'll pop in a fighting or racing game every now and then, I generally can't play them for more than an hour or so (unless it's Mortal Kombat Trilogy on N64, I can play that for quite awhile).
Skelerabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #78
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Gears of War...its just...urghhh.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #79
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

RAGE

Uncharted Series

Call of Duty series

Bayonetta

Batman Arkham Asylum

hated all the above. Everyone says how great COD 2 was. I was happy to 1000 that Garbage. It was boring and uninspired. I'll play the great medal of honor games anyday over that game.

How Treyarch and IW are still in business through COD has me confused.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 05-10-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #80
IDarK VorteXX

IDarK VorteXX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn
COD

I cant get into the story but i just finish it anyways for the cheevos. Its just meh.

*Thanks to Audacious for the great signature*

I wear a mask. And that mask, is not to hide who I am, but to create what I am. I'm BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet just because there’s a picture with a quote next to it.” – Abraham Lincoln
IDarK VorteXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #81
ESG BLAZE

ESG BLAZE's Gamercard
Dishonored - friends told me about it... tried it myself but idk just couldn't get into it.

Madden as of late - the 25th An. seems to be changing controls a lot but I stopped being interested quite a few years ago because they tweak but don't change much. At some points I almost felt they should just update the game every few months and focus on making a new one every two years instead of one so it would be more of a new game then what they do now.

Borderlands 2 - I actually enjoyed the first one but now I almost feel like its too much of the same. All characters are different still.. very repetitive.

I'm sure there is more but can't think of em at the moment
ESG BLAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:31 AM   #82
UT Austin

Hurricane Matt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Bioshock was that way for me, I just could not get into the game despite trying multiple times. Everyone says it is so great but I have absolutely no affinity for it.

UT Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #83
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Dead Island, Lost Odyssey
Old 05-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #84
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle View Post
I just CANNOT get into Fallout 3. I have tried multiple times but to no avail. There is something about it which I just do not like at all.
This is how it was for me.. I just couldn't get into it.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:28 AM   #85
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Minecraft. It doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:55 AM   #86
ThunderingLefty

Mass Effect
Final Fantasy (really any Japanese anime style game)
Minecraft
Torchlight
Assassins Creed
Batman Arkham
Castle Crashers
any turn-based rpg
Portal

ThunderingLefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #87
LollySoF2

LollySoF2's Gamercard
The Ghost Recon games...
LollySoF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #88
HoliestEd

HoliestEd's Gamercard
Probably Minecraft for me. Tried out the trial but just couldn't get into it.
HoliestEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:24 AM   #89
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

I also say Minecraft. I tried the trial got bored fast,didn't like it.

My 9 year old nephew loves the game trial though. Played it a million times. I'm scared to get it for him cause he would play that game nonstop lol.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #90
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Mass Effect, played a bit of 1 but got bored really quickly. I got 2 for my birthday but haven't played it since I wanted to finish the original first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is online now   Reply With Quote