Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-15-2013, 03:51 AM   #1
DrLoveBunny

DoctorLoveBunny's Gamercard
Breach Stance

Have to complete 'UNSC Ordnance Mastery' for this. I've finished the challenges for all ordnance weapons EXCEPT the Sticky Detonator & Railgun. I'm having so much trouble with these two guns. When I finally get one of them in Big Team or 4v4, I have trouble getting kills with them or just die trying & get no kills. Haa. Any tips or easier ways to finish this?
DrLoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Railgun is simply a matter of being quick on the trigger. Some people don't realize this, but you don't have to fully charge the shot for it to go off. It only takes a couple seconds to be ready to fire and a direct hit is a guaranteed kill.

As for the Sticky Pistol, I find it's best as a camping weapon. Find areas that are high traffic and fire the grenade onto the back of a crate or into a little nook that makes it hard to spot and just wait for somebody to pass by it. Radars give you a good idea of where the enemies are and you can bait enemies to come closer by moving so you show up on the radar. If you're good enough to actually stick a guy with it, a team that works together will usually get close and take both of them out. (Admittedly, I sometimes stick my teammates and let them run into combat and get a kill and betrayal. This is NOT generally recommended.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
You could always try commendation boosting if you're that desperate.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Big Stoz

big stoz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
(Admittedly, I sometimes stick my teammates and let them run into combat and get a kill and betrayal. This is NOT generally recommended.)
LOL That's cold, but an interesting solution to a problem. Master Chief would probably approve.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
Team Doubles seem to spawn sticky detonators and railguns at the start of every match. I'm pretty sure this applies to all maps as well.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
quocviet0908

ArbiterVN's Gamercard
I finished the Breach Stance so I think I can give you some advices:
-Railgun: just don't stand too far from the enemies, get close enough so your crosshair can turn red (this will help you to score a direct hit perfectly with the aim assist system). You don't need to fully charge it for a shot, just charge for a couple of seconds (the bar goes full) and release the trigger immediately. If a enemy is standing too far away you can charge the gun first and zoom to him for a clean hit.
This gun is also good to destroy any vehicle, 2 hits for a full health Ghost, if a Ghost is on smoke and its wings is shattered, you can destroy it with only 1 shot, same as Warthorg if it is already emitting some fire.
quocviet0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Obviously do UNSC stuff on every Ordinance you can. I don't think I'll get mine until there's a Splazers playlist or something.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #8
quocviet0908

ArbiterVN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
Obviously do UNSC stuff on every Ordinance you can. I don't think I'll get mine until there's a Splazers playlist or something.
Just play Ragnarok as much as possible. There is always a Spartan Laser at the center, all you do is just grab a Ghost and quickly get to that place, take it and use it to destroy Banshee, Ghost, Warthorg, etc...

Sometimes this map will spawn 2 more Splazers at the middle of the game. Just be fast and you will get a plenty of kills with it.
quocviet0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
For StickyDet and Railgun your best bet is regular 4v4 slayer and use trackers armor perk thing to get the chance to reroll if you don't get those weapons. And ammo perk is important!

For spartan laser, just play dominion and try to get longbow. Exile is good too, but longbow is IMO better. I stil need like 200 more kills to master splaser and then I'll unlock my breach. Already have believe
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 AM   #10
I Di3 Happy

I Di3 Happy's Gamercard
For the railgun playing with a good partner in team doubles helps...theres a railgun on every map for that playlist if i remember right..havent played doubles in awhile

sticky - i just try and get lucky with it lol..dont really have a tip..except when you have it and you see a fully loaded warthog...nice lil boost for one shot
I Di3 Happy is offline   Reply With Quote