PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 AM   #1
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
MP Warning (Stats reset)

Ok so like a few people I've been grinding out levels in private MP games solo and was almost 2nd prestige and out of nowhere just started a new game and all of a sudden i was reset to level 11 prestige.

Obviously there is no way to confirm this is something that has been done to prevent private match grinding but i have no other explanation really.

I did nothing different than what i usually do when i'm leveling but just thought you guys might wanna no about it
MyRifleIsBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
alanp9

alanp9's Gamercard
I would venture a guess that it has something to do with playing the game before it's officially released.
alanp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp9 View Post
I would venture a guess that it has something to do with playing the game before it's officially released.
Doubtful since there are people higher than me still going strong and playing a legitimate copy of a game before release should have no impact unless they do a mass reset.

Also i was reset to level 11 not to 0 which tells me that the game has a backup system similar to guardians of middle earth does and it reverts back to a previous stored save if there is profile data corruption
Old 02-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
immikeulate

m easy021's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRifleIsBroken View Post
Also i was reset to level 11 not to 0 which tells me that the game has a backup system similar to guardians of middle earth does and it reverts back to a previous stored save if there is profile data corruption
Well that sucks. But we'll see Tuesday when it officially releases if everyone's stats revert back to 0 with the inevitable day 1 patch. BTW did this game have an online pass?

immikeulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by immikeulate View Post
Well that sucks. But we'll see Tuesday when it officially releases if everyone's stats revert back to 0 with the inevitable day 1 patch. BTW did this game have an online pass?
No online pass.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp9 View Post
Oh so true! Besides that its probly already no longer a secret at Crystal Dynamics that this glitch or whatever you may call it is possible.
So no big suprice sinds everyone is posting about it its def being patched day one! So again the gamers who actualy have to wait for the game at proper release day getting shafted again.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRichard View Post
Oh so true! Besides that its probly already no longer a secret at Crystal Dynamics that this glitch or whatever you may call it is possible.
So no big suprice sinds everyone is posting about it its def being patched day one! So again the gamers who actualy have to wait for the game at proper release day getting shafted again.
I don't think it will be patched, they put earning xp in private games in there on purpose, there is even a leaderboard for private matches
Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRifleIsBroken View Post
I don't think it will be patched, they put earning xp in private games in there on purpose, there is even a leaderboard for private matches
I see thnx for the info then. Sorry but i can't tell still gotta wait almost a full week before my copy is ready waiting at the gamestore for me to pick up. Lets hope they not somehow fix the prestige thing in private matches before
Old 02-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Seems like the game had a little glitchy hiccup. Seeing as XP was placed in Private Matches on purpose, I cannot see a reason why they'd reset you for using a feature they've placed into the game.

I think if you'd been reset, you'd be placed at Rank 0 and not randomly at 11. Plus other people are still playing/boosting and nothing has happened to them.

Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force
Starting GSL13 Gamerscore: 211,477

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
huijoan74

bmw's Gamercard
Just a common error message.
huijoan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #11
Barad
Nice One Bungie

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
So this means this could easily happen to any one of us just for private boosting like on Gears 3?

Hopefully it is a bug like Bozza says.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #12
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Ill be backup saving my game to a USB anyways so garbage bugs like this don't effect me.

Last edited by Annalie; 02-27-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 AM   #13
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Ill be backup saving my game to a USB anyways so garbage bugs like this don't effect me.
You can try but most multiplayer stats are saved to your gamercard like COD.

I can say that I was a full Prestige ahead of Sphinx so if they were going to reset him they would have reset me. Im in the 3rd Prestige now, nobody has been a higher rank then me. When I first started there was only me, the testers and development team on the leaderboards and I was ahead of them.

I think it was a rare glitch. Nobody else has suffered this, so hopefully nobody else will.
DOPE BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:31 AM   #14
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Yeah this won't work plus the game for single player has 3 save slots and you press start while in game and click choose new save slot and basically have your save in all 3 slots.

Your save for MP is not on the HDD though so you can still lose all MP progress
Old 02-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #15
WhiteWolfDamo

whitewolfdamo's Gamercard
don't any of these developers realise that the one part of the game that should be absolutely faultless is anything to do with saves and progress.

Do we know yet if this is just shit luck for the OP's or something that may affect us all.
WhiteWolfDamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWolfDamo View Post
don't any of these developers realise that the one part of the game that should be absolutely faultless is anything to do with saves and progress.

Do we know yet if this is just shit luck for the OP's or something that may affect us all.
I personally just think they hate me, lol
Old 02-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
Cavenag

AlexCavenag's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE BOI View Post
You can try but most multiplayer stats are saved to your gamercard like COD.

I can say that I was a full Prestige ahead of Sphinx so if they were going to reset him they would have reset me. Im in the 3rd Prestige now, nobody has been a higher rank then me. When I first started there was only me, the testers and development team on the leaderboards and I was ahead of them.

I think it was a rare glitch. Nobody else has suffered this, so hopefully nobody else will.
We all hope so
Cavenag is offline   Reply With Quote