PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Shadows of the Damned
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #31
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxex View Post
Great guide. Thanks a lot for it. I read that It might be possible to glitch or farm for red gems so I did a little of those and figured missing a few from the guide wouldn't matter. I got near the end and needed more than were left (post-5-2/Christopher), I chose to restart the chapter and using this guide the last three gems were my last three upgrades. Got really lucky there. I'd recommend people get just about every one they can normally and buy others as a safety measure. If I'd have needed one more gem I would have had to collect them in another playthrough.
Yeah, seriously. I completed the game on easy last night, my first playthrough. Ended on 79 red gems. For my last visit to Christopher, I had 24 white gems left over... so I was only 21 white gems away from the achievement. So, basically, every red gem counts. Not sure what I will do now... not too confident about trying to get 80 red gems on normal.

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:20 AM   #32
Downsize

Downsize's Gamercard
Many thanks to the OP for this guide!
Downsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #33
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Damn, I ended 5-2 with 10 slots(not counting the three in 5-3). You HAVE to farm them at the infinite spots. There is not enough white in the game if you don't farm. Sucks for me. I'm not playing through again.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #34
DJ RJester

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Great guide, I'm just starting out on this game so this will help me a lot, thanks.
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #35
LordOdadjian

OdadjianActual's Gamercard
People are really calling this a "great" guide? I've already given up on the guide after missing gem #5. I got the strawberry and moved on but there was no baby gate with a gem. I think I might have had to backtrack but the guide didn't mention that at all lol. I really don't get how a guide can be so poorly written for a game like this with no backtracking allowed and no chapter select and no multiple save filed or manual saving. As soon as you miss a gem, that's that you can't get it again and that's more pointless white gem grinding that I should have to do. Ugh.

I'd really love to know why the description for gem #5 doesn't mention you need to backtrack. Just wow.
LordOdadjian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #36
Aruwal

@LordOdadjian: Sorry to hearyou didn't like the guide, and that it was no use to you. I do not see anything wrong with description on red gem 5 though, I think it's quite accurate.

What does the rest think? Does it need even more description, or is it fine the way it is?
Aruwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #37
LordOdadjian

OdadjianActual's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruwal View Post
@LordOdadjian: Sorry to hearyou didn't like the guide, and that it was no use to you. I do not see anything wrong with description on red gem 5 though, I think it's quite accurate.

What does the rest think? Does it need even more description, or is it fine the way it is?

Don't take me too seriously. I love whining like a stuck pig when things don't go my way.

Seriously the rest of the guide is perfectly fine. But the baby door is before the red strawberry for gem number 5. I believe it might help others to mention this and tell them to backtrack aafter getting the strawberry.

Aside from that, the guide has been perfectly fine. My anger is more towards this achievement in general. It's really silly because literally the only way to get this achievement is to grind white gems, even with all the red gem pickups.

Last edited by LordOdadjian; 07-09-2011 at 04:36 PM.
LordOdadjian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:03 AM   #38
Bringin SXC bak

Bringin SXC bak's Gamercard
"26: Behind cracked stone wall to the left of fireworks launcher: Demolish the cracked stone wall to the left of the fireworks launcher to find a red gem. You can clear away the wall even in the darkness, although it's safer to do it in light."

Just thought I'd let you know that after you've gotten this one and finish doing what you have to do in the next area where Chris's shop is and after you've gotten the next red gem, the strawberry and reached a save point. You can quit out of the game, then continue from the last checkpoint. Walk back out the gate and this same red gem quoted above will be behind the cracked wall near the fireworks again, ripe for the picking I'm not sure if there's any other areas in the game where you are forced to backtrack and can exploit the save system to find duplicate gems but I thought I'd mention this one
123,456 Gamerscore unlocked at 12:34:56am on 7/8/9

People that write guides without a roadmap... Why do you even exist?! Write a damn roadmap!!!
Bringin SXC bak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:15 AM   #39
mnwlkr

Mnwlkr's Gamercard
I think you may want to add a BIG WARNING on the top.
For example:
Quote:
1. Do this ON LEMON. (I know you did this, just not ye-catching enough I think.)
2. You will have to NET EXTRA 500(or so) WHITE GEMS besides regular playthrough on LEMON.
Well obviously, I didn't do that and ended up with 8 empty slots.
(When I heard Christopher said "This is as far as I go" on Act 5-2, I was like "WTF?")

The best places to farm white gems are obviously the two "3-face demons".
They spawn infinite Normal Demons.
In case some may find fighting three normal demons is risky(esp. for Demon and Legion), here is a trick.
Shoot off the leg of one demon, and shoot off both arms once it's on the floor.
It won't be a threat anymore and there will only be two demons running around.

I am trying this on Demon now.
I have net 999(Max) white gems on both "3-face".(That gives me 26 red gems.)
But now I am already on Act 4-1 yet still have 28 empty slots.
Meaning I will have to net 750 white gems until Act 5-2.
Anyone think I could do that?
mnwlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #40
mnwlkr

Mnwlkr's Gamercard
Oh, and BTW, great guide.
I love guides with BOTH texts and videos.

But can you change "rotunda" into, like, "circular room"?
"Cause I think not a lot of people know that word.

And for #38, there are actually 2 rooms filled with hanging corpses.
You may want to indicate it's the small one with only one exit(the entrance).
Because I in fact searched the other one like three times and failed to find a barrel.
I even thought maybe my game was glitched.

Talking about glitch.
On the chandelier stage, there is a chance that the demons will be "glitched" into the wall, making them impossible to be killed. And you'll have to quit and restart.

Last edited by mnwlkr; 07-14-2011 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Grammar things
mnwlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #41
sw204me

sw204me's Gamercard
I got all the hidden gems and was 3 short....so now, instead of having to play this fucking game 3 times, I have to start over and play it again on Easy, just to get all the red gems, then go back AGAIN, and beat it on Medium and Hard. I really like this game, but fuck, this is just stupid.
sw204me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #42
Zim

Thanks for the guide however I wanted to add that as other people have said there are in fact 5 gems in act 4-3. Not 3 or even 4 as the guide says. One in the second glowing wall, destroy all the barrels and boxes to get it. And another in the third glowing wall, again destroy all the barrels and boxes. The last one make sure you destroy the wall before destroying the two light barrels to the left of it as that triggers a cutscene.

There is in fact also another red gem that isn't in the guide and I have seen no one mention. Act 5-3 has 4 not 3. There is the one in the hanging corpse room. However there is also one in the barrel to the right of the cage holding the strawberry. To get this one though you may need to first go through the left and straight forward options of the maze and get the cutscene where Garcia and Johnson talk about Paula.

So yea great guide, however it's missing 2 gems and the fourth one on 4-3 isn't a maybe. It appeared in all 3 of my playthroughs.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #43
Bahumaut

Bahumaut's Gamercard
I had an interesting glitch occur in 4-4 Great Demon Forest where I somehow collected 51 white gems. Afterwards in level 4-5 I seemed to have 'noclip' on and passed through everything incliding gates and barriers (events also did not occur such as enemies spawning and picking up ammo chests). After restarting the level the game went back to normal. Strange no?
Bahumaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #44
Younicorn

younicorn's Gamercard
Can anyone tell me what the exact cost of the Red Gems are on easy?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #45
gunstar808

Arlong's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Younicorn View Post
Can anyone tell me what the exact cost of the Red Gems are on easy?

Thanks in advance!

From Christopher? 45 White iirc.
gunstar808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #46
Garlyle

Garlyle's Gamercard
I think I may have found a place to farm white crystals earlier than the spots previously mentioned. In section 2-1, just after justine shakes the place up with her voice, you will come to a stair well with an opera poster to its right. When you go down the stair well, darkness will form around two bodies and Johnson will tell you to dispell the darkness; DO NOT LISTEN. After the initial wave of demons has been dealt with demons will continually spawn two at a time as long as you don't shoot the goats head with the light shot. Not only is this spot not totally covered in darkness, you have a clear shot of the demons and for me, on easy, they constantly dropped ammo so there should be no fear of running dry. It will take longer than the other farming spots, but not only is it earlier, it is easier. I hope this helps.
Garlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:30 AM   #47
toss3n

toss3n's Gamercard
i got this achievement a few days ago, i think it popped sometime at the end of chapter 4. I collected all but 2 red gems from the guide (i didnt kill the demons with the chandelier because it was bugged) but i did farm around 5-600 white gems at the first spinning head boss and 999 white gems in the swamp. im not completely sure but i think i also picked up 2 gems in the library that isnt in the guide, you have to blow a hole in the wall twice with the hot boner (iirc its just before the boss fight).

toss3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #48
xxthegodofwarx

Send a message via AIM to xxthegodofwarx

brian pumpher's Gamercard
thanks for the guide

xxthegodofwarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #49
NShepherd N7

NShepherd N7's Gamercard
Wish I would have read that you can't get this "legitimately" before I started playing. Still have to go through the game on Normal and Hard, so I'll start grinding on my next playthrough.

But really, what were they thinking? Difficulty achievements that don't stack, and one that requires tons of grinding in a few spots where enemies infinately respawn?
NShepherd N7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #50
NShepherd N7

NShepherd N7's Gamercard
Despite getting 999 white gems in boths areas with the skull-heads, I don't think I'll be able to buy all 40 gems on normal. I was really mad that there wasn't a Christopher shop in between the second skull-head and the swamp (unless I missed him) and he still wasn't there for a while. I lost quite a few gems because I couldn't fit any more. Then there were three Christopher stores real close to each other, so close I didn't earn enough gems to buy a Red Gem between them!

Argh, this means I'll be going through this game 4 whole times. I really like it, but this achievement is just stupid.
NShepherd N7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #51
PsychicHorns

ThyKingdomScum's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringin SXC bak View Post
"26: Behind cracked stone wall to the left of fireworks launcher: Demolish the cracked stone wall to the left of the fireworks launcher to find a red gem. You can clear away the wall even in the darkness, although it's safer to do it in light."

Just thought I'd let you know that after you've gotten this one and finish doing what you have to do in the next area where Chris's shop is and after you've gotten the next red gem, the strawberry and reached a save point. You can quit out of the game, then continue from the last checkpoint. Walk back out the gate and this same red gem quoted above will be behind the cracked wall near the fireworks again, ripe for the picking I'm not sure if there's any other areas in the game where you are forced to backtrack and can exploit the save system to find duplicate gems but I thought I'd mention this one
That is a brilliant find. In fact you can do this exploit any time you can bactrack to a red gem you've already found. Just quit, reload and get the gem again. I was able to get 26 and 27 three times doing this.
PsychicHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #52
Of cass

Send a message via AIM to Of cass

of CASS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruwal View Post
Act 4-3:

21: In the Hall of Gluttony within book stacks: Explore the darkness-filled corridor to the left of the goat's head to find a bottle of tequila and a shiny red gem.
22: In the Hall of Heresy, opposite of the second goat lamp: After traipsing across the bookshelf bridge, turn right to explore the shadowy stacks. At the end of the farthest corridor is a red gem for the taking.
23: In the basement down within the book stacks passed while following sushi lamp: Nestled between two bookshelves, down a pitch-black dead end, sits a red gem ripe for the picking. After the sushi lamp makes it first right, continue moving forward and turn right when you run into a bookshelf. The red gem is at the end of the corridor.

Note: Players report that a fourth gem has appeared in this stage, after Red Gem #22. When demolishing the second glowing wall hidden among the bookshelves, it reveals a room filled with crates. Break open the crates, and lucky people will find a red gem here.

I can confirm the existence of the extra 4th gem. It is in fact behind the second glowing wall, where you need to use the secondary shot from your hot boner to break. (Confirmed three times on all 3 cheevo difficulties)

I'm commenting to add that there is a 5TH GEM IN THIS AREA! Following soon after the 4th extra gem noted in the quote (which is behind the second breakable wall in the area), there are two more breakable walls left before a cut-scene activates which leads the player to the next boss fight.

How to Obtain it:
THE FINAL BREAKABLE WALL, ONCE YOU GO IN ACTIVATES THE CUT-SCENE. Don't rush in. The cut-scene activates based off of a few seconds and the player going inside it. Inside the room are a few crates, as soon as you blow the 4th and final wall, quickly shoot another explosive shot from your hot boner and blow it up, then Dive. into the room for a 5th red gem. =]

Happy Hunting!
Of cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #53
Opopanax

Savage Opopanax's Gamercard
You might want to mention for the very last one that it's the other room with hanging corpses, the one accessible from the flower room. Scared the hell out of me.

Great guide otherwise, though.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #54
NeoVampyre
Banned User

NeoVampyre's Gamercard
This may have been asked before, but I'm on 4-6, are there any good white gem grinding spots before the last shop?
NeoVampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #55
DJ DEXTA

DJ DEXTA's Gamercard
Great guide, has helped me get an extra 75 GS. WOOP!

Of course i have initiative..... im just waiting for someone to tell me when to use it.

DJ DEXTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:41 AM   #56
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Thanks for the guide! I used it on my original Gamertag and on my new one! Thanks again...
Old 12-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #57
PHub07

PHub07's Gamercard
Doubt its gonna be edited but I just missed two red orbs on the second chapter because how you listed these. Why list the one you get at the end of chandeleer prior to listing the supposed 2 you get from killing all the enemies crawling on the wall?
PHub07 is offline   Reply With Quote