PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-24-2012, 03:52 AM   #91
theirishmagnum

A DarkSim x360a's Gamercard
Honestly, who said you can't save....

I have beat the game with 3 saves plus the free 1 at the checkpoint! Considering the fact you can save 3 times in all resident evil games and still get an "A" rank, and under time limit/bonus objectives/ no F-aid spray boggles my mind that people think it's done in 1 play through lolTry it for your selves people! I think this is just 1 person trying to make the game seem way harder than it is! Hope this helps, have good day, and have fun! PS. I would like to know who originally said the no saves...

GOOGLE+ ( ALL BAND LINKS HERE )
https://plus.google.com/u/0/111421712472205257809/about
Currently ON TOUR with:
http://bobbycleveland.bandcamp.com/
TIED WORLD RECORD !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhueKUHUKg
TIED WORLD RECORD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H23AXyTXuSA
theirishmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #92
Teh Paralyzer

New Paralyzer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theirishmagnum View Post
I have beat the game with 3 saves plus the free 1 at the checkpoint! Considering the fact you can save 3 times in all resident evil games and still get an "A" rank, and under time limit/bonus objectives/ no F-aid spray boggles my mind that people think it's done in 1 play through lolTry it for your selves people! I think this is just 1 person trying to make the game seem way harder than it is! Hope this helps, have good day, and have fun! PS. I would like to know who originally said the no saves...
This is incredible. The most common known method for A Rank has been no saves. Doing a lot of Research it seems his 3 saves seem to be true. Though I cannot confirm this but it seems Code Veronica uses a score system (a system we can't see)

Now if the info I found is true you can get an A rank multiple ways.

You lose points for Saving,retrying,using sprays and such.

Now for the Rank you only need so many points. Now if you Save your game you just lost a lot of points. Now if you keep saving you will lose fewer points but it still adds to your total.

Now you can only lose so many points before your out of a Rank. So decide what you want to use. Also Aim for time. If you fall under 4h 30min but you didnt save or retry OR heal then you should have enough points left over to save your Rank.

This could be a game changer. I cannot confirm this (yet) but it looks true to me.

4th Person to 1K DDR Universe on X360A... on my old gamertag
Teh Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:17 AM   #93
theirishmagnum

A DarkSim x360a's Gamercard
In every resident evil, your able to have three saves and still get an A rank, provided your under time limit also. The ranking system, although hard to tell how it runs, but I do believe its a simple style point system, based off my knowlegde from speed demo archives.com. Use an aid spray, or save past 3 times, or retry, or skip special tasks, do reduce points. In re2, if you get all the photos, you get an extra point, or collect all the diaries, you also get a point! so if you decide to use an aid spray, it just cancels it out, and isn't a permanent deduction towards your rank. in re:Code VX, If you kill the worm outside the training hall then you wouldnt have to, lets say give rodrigo his hemo-stat, or a different special; task! Or skip a certain task and get a better time limit, although thats only based on some of my lucky runs in other res games?! I hope this helps and once again, this knowledge is based of of time iv played the series of res games and people on SDA.com. When I beat game, I had just under 4 hours, but had 3 saves, then i checked this site, to see reviews and stuff, so know ima try to beat game with killing worm, but not do another task, i will post my results in the next 2 weeks time! and will be trying several different methods to help the people on here get a more clearer description! ill be back lol

GOOGLE+ ( ALL BAND LINKS HERE )
https://plus.google.com/u/0/111421712472205257809/about
Currently ON TOUR with:
http://bobbycleveland.bandcamp.com/
TIED WORLD RECORD !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhueKUHUKg
TIED WORLD RECORD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H23AXyTXuSA
theirishmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:42 AM   #94
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theirishmagnum View Post
In every resident evil, your able to have three saves and still get an A rank, provided your under time limit also. The ranking system, although hard to tell how it runs, but I do believe its a simple style point system, based off my knowlegde from speed demo archives.com. Use an aid spray, or save past 3 times, or retry, or skip special tasks, do reduce points. In re2, if you get all the photos, you get an extra point, or collect all the diaries, you also get a point! so if you decide to use an aid spray, it just cancels it out, and isn't a permanent deduction towards your rank. in re:Code VX, If you kill the worm outside the training hall then you wouldnt have to, lets say give rodrigo his hemo-stat, or a different special; task! Or skip a certain task and get a better time limit, although thats only based on some of my lucky runs in other res games?! I hope this helps and once again, this knowledge is based of of time iv played the series of res games and people on SDA.com. When I beat game, I had just under 4 hours, but had 3 saves, then i checked this site, to see reviews and stuff, so know ima try to beat game with killing worm, but not do another task, i will post my results in the next 2 weeks time! and will be trying several different methods to help the people on here get a more clearer description! ill be back lol

Thanks! This is great information.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #95
Pryor de Pirate

Pryor de Pirate's Gamercard
When you gain control of chris.. Isntead of going through the mission, turn around and go through the door steve goes through when you gain control of him. talk to clair and the achievement will pop.
Pryor de Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #96
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryor de Pirate View Post
When you gain control of chris.. Isntead of going through the mission, turn around and go through the door steve goes through when you gain control of him. talk to clair and the achievement will pop.
What are you referring to?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #97
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I think he's referring to a later-later part of the game...in the little mansion area at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #98
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
Exclamation

Where are these "so-called" links to videos in the guide? Did the OP fail to reserve posting spots, so more details to the guide could be added at the top?

I totally agree with the few people who think an achievement guide should NOT be written before the game is ACTUALLY played! I believe this WAS a rule on "achieve 360 points . com" when posting a guide.

It seems to me, that it is more important to some of these people... to "be the first post" on this web site, be it comments on the "Latest News" section, or making an achievement guide.

For the record... listing all the achievement names and the description is NOT A GUIDE - it's just an achievement list (that may not have been the case in this thread... but it HAS occurred on this web site for other games)! The people here who do that, are just wanting to "be first!" I know these comments might seem harsh, but it's simply the truth... and the truth sometimes hurts.

For this particular guide... perhaps you HAD enough details to "think" you were prepared to post an accurate guide, but you have to be honest and ask yourself... what was more important to you - being the "first" to post a guide, or that a guide was created that was complete and accurate for other users to use?

I'm sorry that I'm also using this post to "get on my soapbox..." but it irks me that MOST of the achievement guides that I've tried to use here, were merely "achievement lists" and weren't even arranged in the order that the achievements are unlocked! I've seen a few that were updated, but most of the OP's of guides do not know how to handle ANY criticism (instead of JUST FIXING the problem... they get defensive). People on this web site ALWAYS gripe about bugs that game developers fail to catch, but when these same people get upset that users gripe about flaws in achievement guides they've written... I think there's a real problem there!

All I can say is (this is in conclusion)... that if you DON'T want to hear people complain about your achievement guides... DON'T write a guide that is likely to cause complaints! Trying to be first to post a guide - for the sake of being first... is childish, and the moderators/owners of this web site should ACTUALLY set some solid rules in place, regarding people posting first - JUST to be the first to post. I appreciate the effort made, but a thicker skin should be a requirement for people who write achievement guides (which "technically" should be a "walkthrough"). When I come to this site for an achievement guide... I'm expecting play-by-play instructions, screen-shots or videos - and probably spoilers. When I know I can figure out how to unlock achievements on my own (because the descriptions for them are straight-forward)... I don't come here to see "who got to be first to post an achievement list!"

That said... the guide looks mostly complete (confusing as the ENTIRE thread is). Would it be "possible" to write a NEW achievement guide/walkthrough... get that stickied and have this one UNstickied? There's too much crap-postings here (no offense to the people who had their gripes) that make it a mess... and it seems the OP needs a couple of extra "reserved" posting spots to account for revisions!
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #100
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restricted-Access View Post
[COLOR="Black"]Where are these "so-called" links to videos in the guide? Did the OP fail to reserve posting spots, so more details to the guide could be added at the top?
\
They are in another post as requested by an X360A mod. On the weapon achievements click the purple HERE and it will take you to them.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #101
Jeesp

Jeesp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
"Battle Master" should be listed as a missable achievement, because you can miss the gold luger replica in the story.

I guess there isn't any other way to unlock Steve in Battle Game?
Jeesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:36 AM   #102
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
Dhorne Avenger... those videos do NOT help - they aren't even in English (which is a requirement here for posts. Anything else that shows text - including videos or pictures... should be too)! If you can find videos that are in English, it would be better.
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #103
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
There is no Easy mode in the EU version... That would be a first. Difficulty is sometimes higher in European versions, not the other way around. Ever played a little series called Metal Gear?
Old 09-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #104
Chada Darkmane

Chada Darkmane's Gamercard
5/10 difficulty my fucking ass. I am struggling just to finish the story with these god awful controls, let alone doing a speed where you cant even fucking save. This is one of the most inaccurate guides i have seen.