Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #121
BiggD
57 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Hey! Ho! You guys still post here? I'm dumbfounded.

Let's derail the topic even further from Spartan IV pictures and bodybuilding...

Would anyone say the mods on the Epic forums are worse than the ones on B.net?
Dude...Lemons. Your new avatar and sig are sick man.

EPIC Forums as in the Gears Forums?

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #122
Mr Snict

DEATH WATCH 962's Gamercard
Quote:
Would anyone say the mods on the Epic forums are worse than the ones on B.net?
Defo. The Epic forums are barren now as far as I know. Bnet's community is still pretty big even with a new developer of Halo. Think they still have the forums Halo section up.

To bad some of the mods are fucking insane haha.

"If you ain't high by 2 in the afternoon, GO F***yourself!"
Mr Snict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:16 AM   #123
BinaryRuse

Send a message via Skype™ to BinaryRuse

BinaryRuse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
BinaryRuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 AM   #124
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I got sick two fucking weeks in a row and haven't been able to train and I feel lazy and weak and fat even though I lost 9lbs from a sweet combo of throwing up and not eating and now Beyonce can out deadlift me I just want to dieeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:55 AM   #125
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
At the moment:
Maka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #126
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Dude...Lemons. Your new avatar and sig are sick man.

EPIC Forums as in the Gears Forums?
Thank you.

I keep forgetting about this thread, ever since it got kicked out of the Halo 4 forums.

And yes, the Gears forums/Epic forums, whatever. That's like, the most strictly structured forum on the Internet. If you politely question the Retro Lancer's stopping power in Gears 3, and ask for community support to raise attention to Epic, mods go down on your ass and ban you for questioning Epic's ability to program a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I got sick two fucking weeks in a row and haven't been able to train and I feel lazy and weak and fat even though I lost 9lbs from a sweet combo of throwing up and not eating and now Beyonce can out deadlift me I just want to dieeeeeee

Damn gurl

I've been doing weighted sit ups. Don't know the exact term 'cause I'm still a n00b, but I lightly press a 50lb block to my chest, and do sit ups on an inclined leather bench. I was going ham and did quite a few reps within a set, no problem. So I did another set, and another set. Didn't feel anything burn in my stomach, which I thought was weird, because I've never done weighted sit ups. I was finishing off my workout for the day, and I was getting out of the gym with my buddy when I collapsed in the middle of the street because I got this crazy burning feeling in my abs. Even threw up.

Still burns after 2 days. Which is whack, I stopped doing sit ups, and half an hour later the burn just kicked it. Don't get why there was such a delay.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #127
BiggD
57 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
And yes, the Gears forums/Epic forums, whatever. That's like, the most strictly structured forum on the Internet. If you politely question the Retro Lancer's stopping power in Gears 3, and ask for community support to raise attention to Epic, mods go down on your ass and ban you for questioning Epic's ability to program a game.
Lololol. That's hilarious. Forget those Forums, they sound awful.

Quote:
I've been doing weighted sit ups. Don't know the exact term 'cause I'm still a n00b, but I lightly press a 50lb block to my chest, and do sit ups on an inclined leather bench. I was going ham and did quite a few reps within a set, no problem. So I did another set, and another set. Didn't feel anything burn in my stomach, which I thought was weird, because I've never done weighted sit ups. I was finishing off my workout for the day, and I was getting out of the gym with my buddy when I collapsed in the middle of the street because I got this crazy burning feeling in my abs. Even threw up.

Still burns after 2 days. Which is whack, I stopped doing sit ups, and half an hour later the burn just kicked it. Don't get why there was such a delay.
Hanging Leg Raises/Laying Leg Raises > Sit-Ups. Works your core more effectively. Not to rain on anyone's parade, but Sit-Ups barely tighten your core. The Leg-Raises, Oblique Crunches, Captain's Chair Crunches and Yoga Ball Crunches are far superior in defining your abs, and strengthening your core.

Anyways, I did chest last night and I'm uber sore. Went really light though, 185bs on the flat barbell press, and 155 on the barbell incline press, and I don't care what anyone says about training light from time to time, lighter weight + more reps + shorter rests, is better than the "I'm gonna bench 1 or 2 reps with alotta weight cause I have a big ego" alternative.

Threw in 6 sets of pushups and some cable flyes and I feel good. Two days rest, than shoulders on Monday!

Old 02-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #128
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Anyways, I did chest last night and I'm uber sore. Went really light though, 185bs on the flat barbell press, and 155 on the barbell incline press, and I don't care what anyone says about training light from time to time, lighter weight + more reps + shorter rests, is better than the "I'm gonna bench 1 or 2 reps with alotta weight cause I have a big ego" alternative.
This is what I'm finding too, though I do like to try and see what I can do for a single rep max like once a month. My goal for the end of the year is just to bench 315lbs once and my current max is 265. It would put me in the advanced category for bench for my weight, so that'd be nice.

I got sick for the past two weeks in a row now, which has totally fucked up my training. I only felt well enough to train one day each of the past weeks. Each day I tried to at least do something for each part of my body, but there's only so much energy you can have when recovering from being sick and some of my body parts definitely didn't get worked out as well as they could have. Gotta just kill it next week before I go on vacation.
Quote:

Old 02-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #129
BiggD
57 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
This is what I'm finding too, though I do like to try and see what I can do for a single rep max like once a month. My goal for the end of the year is just to bench 315lbs once and my current max is 265. It would put me in the advanced category for bench for my weight, so that'd be nice.

I got sick for the past two weeks in a row now, which has totally fucked up my training. I only felt well enough to train one day each of the past weeks. Each day I tried to at least do something for each part of my body, but there's only so much energy you can have when recovering from being sick and some of my body parts definitely didn't get worked out as well as they could have. Gotta just kill it next week before I go on vacation.
Oh yeah, I mean I still train real heavy, or just moderately heavy but on the 3rd or 4th week, I like to have a light workout with just more reps for volume rather than strength/pure mass (if mass and volume can be seen as different).

Your current max is definitely good. If you can bench your body weight for 8-10+ reps, then I've read and have heard from trainers everywhere that it's really good. I'm trying to get my bench up as well, but since I'm much lighter, 205lbs, I'm nowhere near the 265 mark, lol.

I'd say when you're sick, just take off for as long as necessary until you're 100% better. No need to put excessive stress on your body. But you gotta look good for vacation, so either start bulking up and lifting heavy, or shred down and look all sexy.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #130
Unalive3

Unalive3's Gamercard
I'm with The BiggD on this one. Love the Mark-VI, although since Halo 3 its been Mark-V with the three emblem. But noooo 343 didn't want to put number emblems or the mark-v helmet in Halo 4

Old 02-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #131
BiggD
57 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unalive3 View Post
I'm with The BiggD on this one. Love the Mark-VI, although since Halo 3 its been Mark-V with the three emblem. But noooo 343 didn't want to put number emblems or the mark-v helmet in Halo 4
Mark-VI is sexy.

I liked the Mark-V from Reach more (or technically from Halo: Combat Evolved). It's a shame it's not in this game.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #132
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Worked like a mad man on tricep extensions and lunges today. Can't walk, and I can hardly pick shit up.

Fuck me.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #133
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
Worked like a mad man on tricep extensions and lunges today. Can't walk, and I can hardly pick shit up.

Fuck me.
I haven't been working out consistently this past month. I got sick two weeks in a row, with the second keeping me sick for almost 2 weeks, and then I went on vacation for 5 days and ate like shit and drank beer. I only trained like 10 days the whole month and I feel like a weak loser. At least I got a nice tan and don't look like I spend 10 hours a day indoors (I do).

Oh well, back to working out next week, and I gotta start doing cardio now that I wanna get rid of my gut for summer. Gonna try to lean more towards weight loss than strength gains for most of March, (this will be ruined by St Patrick's Day coming up with beer beer beer all day) then start up creatine again at the end of the month.

gotta get swole
Quote:

Old 03-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #134
BiggD
57 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Chest and Tris today.

I'm mad sore - 7 sets Flat Bench to begin might have been a bad idea (in a good way)

I've gotten so swole in the past 2 months. And my legs...I have some serious wheels.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #135
darkmikasonfire

darkmikasonfire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Cause I'm sexy and I know it. Getting to max rank so close but so far. Still working on Reach too, takes sooooo long to level up in Reach... stupid system of slow shit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullbody.jpg (8.1 KB, 7 views)

95.63% 1903/1990 cheevos gotten 12-03-02

I exclude games and DLC i don't own. (-3 games, -3 DLC)

Last edited by darkmikasonfire; 03-04-2013 at 06:53 PM.
darkmikasonfire is offline   Reply With Quote