PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: What is your current Gamerscore?
0-10,000G 7 5.30%
10,000-25,000G 6 4.55%
25,000-50,000G 33 25.00%
50,000-75,000G 33 25.00%
75,000-100,000G 14 10.61%
100,000-200,000G 34 25.76%
200,000-300,000G 4 3.03%
300,000-400,000G 1 0.76%
400,000-500,000G 0 0%
500,000G+ 0 0%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
VirtualShakey

Send a message via MSN to VirtualShakey

VirtualShakey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Gamerscore Survey

Just a quick survey/poll for my line of work, writing a short study, the reasons why people gain achievements i might post it up on the website

If you could choose one option that conicides with you current Gamerscore band and post a reply it would be most helpful
VirtualShakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
I have just shy of 153k, I mainly play easy games for the sake of competitions, otherwise I do it to help pass the time between major releases. Completion is not a big deal for me, I try to maintain around 68% to 70%. I just like playing a lot of games and complete what I like for whats easy.

I do like the idea of having a massive score but sometimes the desire for gaming isn't there, so I do something else. Hope this helps.
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
I have 134k now.

I like the fact they give me alot more from a game.
On previous consoles i would complete the game and do side missions ect but then normally leave it. (Dont count FFX had about 300hours game time )

But with achievements it gives me more to do. E.G Play it on super hard or in a special mode and what not.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I'm almost at 42k right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Just over 30000 and I am heading towards 50000. Trying to get a completion rating of 80%, which is when I'd be happy to relax a little and play some of those harder games I haven't played for over a year. They are still in plastic.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualShakey View Post
the reasons why people gain achievements
For me (unless I'm competing) it's kind of really hard to say why for certain. I think the motivation is similar to what I would have had back in the old pokemon days (before this new crap). Just because I beat pokemon yellow/blue didn't mean I wanted to be done with them. There were still pokemon to catch and train, and I really enjoyed those games so I wanted to finish them beyond just the standard game. With the "minimalist design" you see in quite a few (but not all) games this last generation achievements are a great way to get in that bit of extra replay value. To some up, watch this video and replace every use of the word catch with achieve :

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
Smoochy

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
It's only about 13k or so. As I've said elsewhere, I don't particularly care about my gs.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Just over 68,000.
I'm not sure why I go for achievements. I'm certainly not as fussed about getting them as some people (no Avatar or other really easy games), I don't play a specific game just to get the achievements from it. I only play games I actually want to play and then go for the 100% completion of that game if I feel like it.

I suppose it's just fun, and a good excuse to play a good game multiple times usually.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Slightly above 68k. I feel like achievements add to the amount of play value, you can squeeze out of a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #10
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Just about 47.5K.

And kaleido, I like the way you worded your post, so I'll quote it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
I think the motivation is similar to what I would have had back in the old pokemon days (before this new crap). Just because I beat pokemon yellow/blue didn't mean I wanted to be done with them. There were still pokemon to catch and train, and I really enjoyed those games so I wanted to finish them beyond just the standard game.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Just hit 30K not too long ago, achievements are fun but I rarely ever bother getting the full amount.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
runswithscissors

silverstorm55's Gamercard
I have just over 50000. I get achievements as they are something extra in the game and do go towards my overall gs and %. Just like the challenge i guess...
Old 03-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #13
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Mine is about 81,000. I have no idea why I go for achievements. Maybe I'm somewhat of a completionist.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #14
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Just hit a measly 36k last night. I have 11 completions which takes up a 3rd of my GS but still a shitty completion ratio.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #15
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
207k - I just play games like to complete them 100% always have done since playing the SNES.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
Alec216

Alec216's Gamercard
Interesting! Would love to see results of the whole "investigation"! I'm pretty obsessed with my cheevos, but not to the point of getting any old game I don't even like just for gamerscore. How my mind works is that I like to get a minimum of 50% achs and 50% gamerscore for all my games. Also, I won't keep playing a game I'm bored of just for one ach. Gears of wars 'seriously...' achievements are a good example of this. I love an ach that makes you do something a little different, or think about how you play a level. Killing an enemy with every weapon and things like that are always good! But if I look at an ach and realise it's simply not going to happen, then I won't bother! (Well, I may have a go, but won't drive myself mental over it!) I know this may not be the attitude to have on an achievements site, but hey ho. As long as I'm getting the ones I want to, and get at least my 50%, I'm happy. And I do push to get the tougher achs, just not kill myself over it! I'd be interested to know if anyone else has similar feelings on achievements?
Lance hard for your mother, lance hard for your father, lance for your children, for your sisters and brothers. Leave all your longshots and boomshots behind, you can't carry them with you if you want to survive. The gnasher days are over, the sawed-off days are done. Can you hear the lancers? Cos here they come!
Alec216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #17
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
289,000. Not that impressive though since I'm not much of a completionist unless I really REALLY like a particular game enough to get all of the achievements. I think I'm somewhere between 60-70%
I used to be quite addicted to achievements for a few years, but that has been slowing down as of late. Not sure if the next gen will reignite my addiction or not, I'm hoping not since I am enjoying gaming more without worrying about the achievements.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #18
Spade.
Telemiscommunications

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Currently sitting at 26k. Should change over the summer when it gets here.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
zanota

Just hit 50k , no idea why I even try so hard for achievements.
zanota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #20
twinkie

a gijoeindapupr's Gamercard
i'm getting close to 107k. i stopped caring once i hit 100k. now, i'm mostly finishing up my games to boost up my completion rate

twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
Cann0nSen5ei

Cann0nSen5ei's Gamercard
Currently over 40K

I don't even actively achievement hunt, I've just been using the same profile since forever.

If I was an active achievement hunter, I would have a gamerscore at around 100,000+
Old 03-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #22
Mandalorian831

Mandalorian831's Gamercard
Currently a little over 37k. I try and keep my completion percentage over 80. I just enjoy getting achievements for the most part.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #23
Lockdown Loaded

Lockdown Loaded's Gamercard
Just over 25,000G, I`m just trying to complete all of the games achievements that I own.
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
Usually they use a giant game board with the names of old arcade games. Then they chop the head of a chicken and let the rest of the chicken lose on the game board. Which ever game name it finally lands on, get processed to the 360.
Lockdown Loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #24
oo0 SH0GUN 0oo

o0 SH0GUN 0o's Gamercard
Hit 43,000 tonight, took me 3 years with like a 9 or 10 month break from X-box. Hoping to get to 50,000 by time the next system comes out. I've gone up 7,000 since November and I still have a stack of games to beat. Love being an achievement whore and I have no idea why.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #25
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I'm around 62k right now.

I don't go outta my way to buy games in order to boost my GamerScore and I usually only buy like a game every 2-3 months, as were a lot of gamers buy like 10 games in one month.

Despite my low GS compared to other hardcore achievement hunters, I'm still a completionist and love going for 100% in my games. It adds more replay value and gives me a little bit of a challenge when I'm going for something like NYMH Mode in Max Payne 3 or completing an FPS on the highest difficulty setting.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #26
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
~143k.

I like going for 100% in my games, and I have a lot of games.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #27
MrSpanner

mrspanner's Gamercard
About 26000, but I really couldn't care less about achievements now.

MrSpanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #28
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

my gamerscore is somewhere between 150-160,000... i play frequently and i honestly dont know what it is, mainly because i do not care about gamerscore. It started as a competition between my friend and I, seeing who could get to 25,000 first and now I just complete every game i play (1000gs/all achievements) and after 7 years of having an xbox 360 those 1000s add up.

I do NOT go and look for easy games to 1000, not saying i haven't 1000'd easy games, but i haven't made a habit of it.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #29
DriftingBeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DriftingBeast
I'm at 38k right now, I love going for achievements.

DriftingBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #30
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm at a shade under 90k. Echoes of a time past, back when it mattered to me.

That said, I still wouldn't want to lose them all, so I guess maybe I do still care a bit.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote