PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #31
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
It seems people are more pissed off about MP achievements than the MP itself I cancelled my preorder simply because of the inclusion of the MP. The fact that MP has never been in a Tomb Raider game before means that a large amount of time and resources would have been spent planning/building it. If it turns out there is still a lengthy/riveting SP experience then I may change my mind and buy it. (Probably won't touch the MP)
They had a secondary studio develop the multiplayer, a studio that would have had no part of the single player development had they not been working on the multiplayer.

So many people say that "single player" games don't need multiplayer, but unfortunately sales figures are proving everything you guys are saying wrong. Single player games just don't generally sell as well as multiplayer games. It is simple fact. No matter how good/bad a game is, on paper, multiplayer = replay value = higher sales.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the multiplayer from this game was developed because of the direction they went for the SP and they realized they could actually support a working MP from it, not the other way around, which in this case is perfectly acceptable. They have even said, we aren't sure how well it is going to work out, but we wanted to try it. Sounds reasonable to me. I agree that adding achievements for it is kind of mean/stupid, but to say they are "forcing" you to play the multiplayer? Grow up. You will play it if you want the points, or have an unfinished game on your card if you don't, but passing on what could be the first GOTY contender (and looking like a strong one from reviews) because of the achievement list? Pretty extreme, considering you don't HAVE to play games on your main profile, and can still play good looking games for fun.

For my general response to the topic, fine by me, even if the multiplayer sucks ass, as long as they didn't sacrifice thier single player in development, which most don't, which is why it usually sucks.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 03-01-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #32
Dark Bahamut085

Dark Bahamut085's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge View Post
Multiplayer in most games is pretty fun, so yeah, I'm happy with that decision.
You will not be happy with this decision until you play the MP... it's the worst MP that I have played in my entire life! Graphics are washed out, awful control + you have to prestige nearly 4 times... blehh.
Dark Bahamut085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #33
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Bahamut085 View Post
You will not be happy with this decision until you play the MP... it's the worst MP that I have played in my entire life! Graphics are washed out, awful control + you have to prestige nearly 4 times... blehh.
Then you haven't played ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES MP...

The MP mode of this game is not as bad as it seems.

Signature by BAD VII

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:00 AM   #34
BIG L RETURNS

BIG L RETURNS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post

So many people complain about MP achievements, but most of the time thats for one of two reasons :

a) Your not good enough to earn them legit
b) Your not good enough to earn them legit

Put MP achievements in, and dont make them easy to obtain. Then I can try to do something and actually achieve something, that others cant. Seems like this TR has done that, so im happy. I'll be proud of my 1000g, while a lot of people obviously wont attain it.
Max out Ninja Gaiden 2 including it's DLC trials legit and i'll re think what you said about people not being good enough to earn mp achievements legitimately.

The MP achievements aren't hard except for the 2 that people are complaining about. That is the only reason everyone is angry.

In case you haven't noticed or haven't done any research on the shopaholic achievement you might want to head over to another thread and check it out?

I can try to do something and actually achieve something, that others cant???

If you get that achievement you'll have achieved NOTHING. You grinding something out. You didn't achieve anything. plain and simple. Several gamers wont obtain the 1000G because they have better things to do and other wonderful games to try. Have fun wasting 40 hours of your life playing a MP with a community that will be vacant in a month all because you think you'll achieve something.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on getting that extra 20G bro.

BIG L RETURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #35
BIG L RETURNS

BIG L RETURNS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
So many people say that "single player" games don't need multiplayer, but unfortunately sales figures are proving everything you guys are saying wrong. Single player games just don't generally sell as well as multiplayer games. It is simple fact. No matter how good/bad a game is, on paper, multiplayer = replay value = higher sales.
You do realize that Bioshock Infinite is going to debunk your theory. OH, wait.....Skyrim, Dishonored, Dragon Age already did that long ago.

BIG L RETURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #36
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG L RETURNS View Post

If you get that achievement you'll have achieved NOTHING. You grinding something out. You didn't achieve anything. plain and simple. Several gamers wont obtain the 1000G because they have better things to do and other wonderful games to try. Have fun wasting 40 hours of your life playing a MP with a community that will be vacant in a month all because you think you'll achieve something.
Is that you did for Gears of War 2 - Seriously 2.0, not the community that will be vacant in a month part.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:03 AM   #37
Hangman KB23

Send a message via MSN to Hangman KB23

Hangman KB23's Gamercard
50/50

I enjoy it most of the time, but I prefer co-op when it comes to multiplayer in any RPG. I'm very interested in it when it comes to this game though.
Hangman KB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #38
BUZZARDIO 1080

BUZZARDIO 1080's Gamercard
i hate tacked on m/p. In this game the m/p is really bad , i dont mind it being there , i just wount play it ,i do think its a bit of a bugger that there are loads of g for m/p
BUZZARDIO 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote