Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #31
orp08

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You should erase the note about "disable vita chambers" cause is not true you can get the achievement with the vita chambers on, just dont use it. I know cause i didnt disable them and got the achievement.
And did someone actually need help against Atlas??? for me he was the only bad thing about the game, easiest fight ever, killing big daddys in the beggining was way harder.
orp08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #32
Spades12321

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Can we add to the guide for the new achievement, that it is a good tip to use target dummy when facing ATLAS. This seriously makes ATLAS a hell of a lot easier, because ATLAS and the splicers do not even bother attacking you when the taget dummy is used, allowing you to take loads of health off ATLAS without him or any other enemy attacking you. It really makes it a lot easier.
Spades12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #33
saoskate

um i was trying to use your guide for defeating atlas i just couldn't seem to do so i tired random things and then it worked a lot easier. I used the electric gel for the first stage of atlas and then u use it again for the second stage after that you just keep shooting him with your grenade laucher it was a lot easier for me at least.
saoskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 AM   #34
gjd139

murderDOCkill's Gamercard
Spades had a great point that I actually used myself. Because I only harvested 2 little sisters throughout my play through on Hard I had next to no new slots for what the guide calls for. Using the dummy helped immensely when reloading and just playing through overall.

Be aware those that haven't beaten it yet, when you drain Atlas for the final time splicers can still kill you. I found this out the hard way as I was in the middle of draining him but had less than 1/3 of my life left. Needless to say I made sure the next time I drained him for the final time I was full of life.
gjd139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #35
MuhFucNAdams

Send a message via AIM to MuhFucNAdams

Adams I a2O's Gamercard
Why is everybody arguing if you have to turn them off or not? Do it how you want to, you can do it with them on and just don't use them, or you can be extra safe and turn them off. What's the difference?
MuhFucNAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:35 PM   #36
Whistler

demonWhistler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhFucNAdams View Post
Why is everybody arguing if you have to turn them off or not? Do it how you want to, you can do it with them on and just don't use them, or you can be extra safe and turn them off. What's the difference?
Because the guide says you MUST and it's not true. And if you turn them off you will get longer loading times.

Loading times is like commercials in movies and series
Old 12-18-2007, 08:11 PM   #37
patches4711

patches4711's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place   Donator - Level 3   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide I am working on this now. I am turning vita chambers OFF I do not want to take any chances. This is the only achievement that I need and I do not want to mess it up.

patches4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:05 AM   #38
koosbane

koosbane1985's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips.
koosbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #39
moonhog

RenegadeMilk's Gamercard
Talking

YOU HAVEN'T SCREWED UP YOUR SAVE IF YOU'VE DIED AND RELOADED!

I just got the achievement, and I died and re-loaded many times. You have to have downloaded the 'Ryan Industries Plasmids and Gene Tonics' download from the xbox live marketplace first. Then, before you defeat Fontaine, turn on 'Disable Vita Chambers'. So long as you haven't died and then saved it, this can be done whenever. I turned it on just before I entered the lift to Fontaine and I got the achievement. Huzzah!
moonhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #40
RonanN1

Send a message via Yahoo to RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

hello..i have a problem

i have just updated the game and in the options menu i don't have that option... to disable..vita chambers...

please help...i only need the last ach

is there a problem with my game ? ...

i have just exit the game and in the bottom is says bioshock 1000/1000

that means that i don't have the update right ? how do i start the update again ?

do i have to delete all my bioshock save data ? ...

(pardon my bad english)

later edit

i have try this

Quote:
try clearing the Xbox 360 Hard Drive cache. With the Xbox 360 Hard Drive attached to the console, follow these steps: a. Locate the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard. b. Select Memory, select Hard Drive, and then press Y to view the device options screen.c. On the Xbox 360 Controller, press the X button, press the X button again, press the left bumper, press the right bumper, press the X button, and then press the X button again.d. You will be prompted to confirm system maintenance, select Yes by pressing A.
and still...1000/1000

help pls

later edit 2

heeee ups my mistake...

i have dld the new update from the addons...sorry now its' working i have just read the post of moonhog

Last edited by RonanN1; 12-27-2007 at 10:25 PM.
RonanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:49 AM   #41
DruidSeamus

DruidSeamus's Gamercard
i cant seem to find the action "turn off vita-chambers" in my start menu. can somebody tell me where it is in the start menu
DruidSeamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:48 AM   #42
matty cheetham

Matty Cheetham's Gamercard

cheers for the tips guys i think ill start this tomorrow.

Thanks to supergaz for the sig

matty cheetham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #43
Akamaru_Sensei

Send a message via AIM to Akamaru_Sensei

akamaru sensei's Gamercard
I think I am going to give this achivement a quit try, i don't remember how long it took me last time to beat it, but i could fly through it just for that achivment!
Akamaru_Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:19 AM   #44
gjd139

It seems that the "Disable Vita-Chambers" option in the options screen is a hit or miss. For whatever reason it was available to me on a game I borrowed from a friend. However, when I gave the game back to him and he started his hard run through it gave no such option he told me.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #45
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjd139 View Post
It seems that the "Disable Vita-Chambers" option in the options screen is a hit or miss. For whatever reason it was available to me on a game I borrowed from a friend. However, when I gave the game back to him and he started his hard run through it gave no such option he told me.
Did you both get the DLC? The disable option is linked to the DLC.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #46
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
OK I have the DLC but I don't have the Disable Vita-Chambers option!

EDIT: I just had to update the game from XBL, I have the option now.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.

Last edited by Nevander; 01-04-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:13 AM   #47
JEFF BAYLUN

Have there been any confirmations on whether or not using the DLC keeps you from getting the Brass Balls Achievement?
Cheers!

* willing to boost Gears 3
JEFF BAYLUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #48
RyoHahn

I am going through this and it is hard as hell, at first. when you have no weapons or power ups you are SOL. Now I am on arcadia, have a nice set of weapons, used a PttP to increase my Nade lancher so I can beat down a daddy faster for adam and I am taking photos to get the bounses to kill baddies faster. it looks good from here on out.
RyoHahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #49
a1recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mug View Post
im not reading the wwhole thread, but you DONT HAVE TO TURN OFF VITA CHAMBERS! If you respawn at one, just load your previous save. It works. If you say it doesn't, you're lying and you screwed up somewhere or the game bugged. I did it HEAPS of times. It's how I got the achievement so fast.

I'd love to say that is true....but it isn't. I'm pretty pissed right now. I just discovered this thread. I went through the entire game on hardest skill level, saving OFTEN, and the few times I did die, I simply loaded from a previous save, thinking that would be fine since I saved BEFORE I died and went into a Vita-chamber. When I beat the game, all I got was the "GOOD AT THIS" achievement, and did NOT get the "Brass Balls" one. Not a happy man at all.

The first poster is right, this isn't HARD to do, but the fact that some stupid bug like that with the saves is going to make me replay this thing AGAIN, I'm really not happy. Its not the difficulty...its the freakin TIME it takes.
a1recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #50
a1recoil

Well....good news now. I read the an above post about that extra content to download from Marketplace for Bioshock. I did that download, went into the game, loaded from my final save on Proving Grounds (right before I went up to Fontaine) and went into OPTIONS and then disabled the Vita Chambers. Saved it one more time, went up, whipped Fontaine, and then I got the achievement.

Weird how you need to either Download that extra content, or turn off the Vita Chambers in the menu (which wasnt an option for me until I downloaded that content) and THEN it works.

Well either way, just got my 1100/1100 so I'm happy again.
a1recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:45 AM   #51
Quiet Killda 102

Quiet ZED 446's Gamercard
Thanks! If you didn't tell me about the not using any vita chambers thing in the menu i would have screwed up my entire save. Thanks again!

I even asked about this in a post before. and people said that if you load your last save before deing that you will be ok. Grrrrrr, that makes me mad.

100% completed retail games:
BioShock, Halo 3, Amped 3, COD4, King Kong, Kameo: Elements of Power
100% completed arcade games:
DOOM, Marble Blast Ultra
50% - 99% complete retail games: 11
50% - 99% complete arcade games: 6
Quiet Killda 102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #52
gjd139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Did you both get the DLC? The disable option is linked to the DLC.
To be totally honest I don't remember if/when I downloaded it whether it was after the first run-through on normal or sometime during the Brass Balls run.

When I brought the game over to my friend the first thing he did while I was there was download the plasmid download and went and bought 1 plasmid (he was 1 shy for the achievement). A couple hours later it was actually his ROOMMATE that started the brass achievement and DIDN'T dl the DLC and HE was the one that couldn't access the Disable Vita-Chambers option.

So there. I guess.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #53
Shaun Cee

im embarressed to say this but....
i dont know if i can get this achivement because i cant seem to find the dlc if any1 can help me here it would b great as i have already started towards the achievent and i would like to know if i can still get this ach if i download it now?

any help here is appreciated. Thanks
Shaun Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #54
buknasty88

Send a message via AIM to buknasty88

Doktor BuKnAsTy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
the dlc is on XBL not as a game update. go to the marketplace then to the game store. then choose the last option "more...", then game add-ons. go to all game add-ons and find bioshock. just download that content they give (Ryan Industries Plasmids and Gene Tonics) thats pretty much it. start the game and go to the options and it should be the second to last choice there. now just choose to disable the vita-chambers
Old 01-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #55
Shaun Cee

cheers man
i'll try this l8r on
will i need to restart my career on hard in order to get the achivement?
because i am already roughly half way through the game without dying
Shaun Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #56
rockhopper

Doomed Smurf's Gamercard
I just want to add this strategy for fighting Atlas, the final boss. He is so easy beyond belief. You can kill him in only 90 seconds without him even touching you. Doesn't require any plasmids or that you have a lot of upgrades, so if you're doing a speed run through the game this will surely help. Just make sure the required weapons are powered up from power to the people machines. Only use the chemical thrower with electric gel for the first two rounds, then switch to your heat-seeking rpg grenades and electric buck shotgun for the third round. As soon as he comes down at the beginning of the fight, unload on his ass with the electric gel never letting go of the button until his health is gone. He can't move. Repeat for second round (assuming you have full ammo at the beginning). Then for third round just fire all your heat seekers real quick and if you run out, finish up with some quick electric buck shotgun. Beat him so fast it was laughable. The only damage I took was from the security bots shooting at me while I stood there electric gelling his ass. You can basically stand in one spot and barely have to move the entire fight except for third round. I did this on hard for the brass balls achievement!

PS3 ID:
rockhopper78

Retail (original 1000) & more:
Arcade (original 200) & more: 44

Last edited by rockhopper; 01-30-2008 at 09:06 PM.
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #57
laundryman

Send a message via AIM to laundryman

a laundryman's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You can load a save if you die. You do not have to turn off your xbox. I died numerous times and loaded my save and I got the achievement last night.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #58
StreetCrab

Word. Just about to start Bioshock again for the 2nd run thru. got all the achieves except the hard playthru and brass balls one. Now, is it THAT much of a pain in the rear to keep reloading saves? does it involve loads of backtracking if you die? i wanna go for the brassballs one but not sure if i can be ringed to keep replaying chunks of levels, also dont really want to skip fights. So basically does using saves rather than vitas cause you THAT much hardship?

Peace out.
StreetCrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #59
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
No, especially since you know when the hard fights will occur. Saving is your friend, auto save is your friend that has your back when you're an idiot. This game is pretty easy on the hard difficulty, compared to other FPS games. The infinate spawn actually works in your favor if you are good with headshots. The natural camoflauge tonic makes headshots even easier because you can just wait for them to get closer and they aren't attacking you until you take the first shot.

Last edited by Shinobi273; 02-04-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:28 AM   #60
bockey69

bockey69's Gamercard
I don't have the option to turn off the vita chambers in my menu?
Where and how do i find this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
bockey69 is offline   Reply With Quote