PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Kinect Adventures
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
illuzion313
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 114

iLLuZion313's Gamercard
Platinum Scores

so i just finished this game 100% and i was thinking some people might like to get a list going of their platinum scores so people have something to shoot for, for the platinom nom nom achievement.

if anyone is interested in this let me know and i will post all mine, and then people can add theirs and then replace with the lowest cutoff.
__________________
illuzion313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
H3ALY
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7

H3ALY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuzion313 View Post
so i just finished this game 100% and i was thinking some people might like to get a list going of their platinum scores so people have something to shoot for, for the platinom nom nom achievement.

if anyone is interested in this let me know and i will post all mine, and then people can add theirs and then replace with the lowest cutoff.
I'm interested in that i only need to get like 5 more platinums in the free play and would be interested to know how close i'm getting if you put your scores up i'll see if i have any lower to replace them.
H3ALY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
wildwest08
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 574

wildwest08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuzion313 View Post
so i just finished this game 100% and i was thinking some people might like to get a list going of their platinum scores so people have something to shoot for, for the platinom nom nom achievement.

if anyone is interested in this let me know and i will post all mine, and then people can add theirs and then replace with the lowest cutoff.
i would like to know to as I just started playing
__________________
Looking to boost:

Call of Duty Black Ops
Halo Wars General
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
wildwest08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
MangledRex
 
MangledRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wexford, Ireland
Posts: 396

MangledRex's Gamercard
I'd be interested in seeing these as i have a few platinums left to get
__________________

MangledRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
davehx
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 70
Maybe if people post their gold scores too, so we can get highest gold/lowest platinum to help narrow down the target? Will post back some of mine later
davehx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
davehx
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 70
Actually, a good starting point would be the scores here
http://www.trueachievements.com/view...tid=261169#vch
davehx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #7
Cully
 
Cully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 228

Cullyz0rz's Gamercard
I'm not convinced that this thread will help much. I mean, spending time finding out how much you need just wastes time really.

I choose a level and remember my gold score.. then replay and keep replaying until I beat it... knowing that I need 4 or 50 more won't help me in any way really... it's still just as hard to get them.
Cully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:59 AM   #8
litepink
 
litepink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,141

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cully View Post
I'm not convinced that this thread will help much. I mean, spending time finding out how much you need just wastes time really.

I choose a level and remember my gold score.. then replay and keep replaying until I beat it... knowing that I need 4 or 50 more won't help me in any way really... it's still just as hard to get them.
This thought crossed my mind the other day too. Sure, maaaaaybe you might be playing rallyball and realize your score is too low half way through Round 2, but the time you take to back out and restart, not to mention as Cully said, researching the scores, seems counter productive.

I mean really, you should be trying as hard you can until you reach Platinum because you might screw up later. You can't really "do really well the first round", then take it easy in round 2 because "you think you can do it in round 3" because these games are pretty volatile and mistakes can balloon so you end up with Gold only.
__________________

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #9
yippy smalz
 
yippy smalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 302

YIPPY SMALZ's Gamercard
The only levels i would need platinum/gold scores posted for would be for the river rush and reflex levels, they seem to be the hardest to get them in
__________________


Completed games and 1,000G+
Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears 2, Fallout 3, Bioshock 2, Guitar Hero 5, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo:Reach, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fable 2, Dead Rising:CZ, Magna Carta 2, Lego Batman, C&C red alert 3, Call of duty WAW(1015), Lego star Wars TCS, Monkey Island: SE, Dash Of Destruction
yippy smalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:49 AM   #10
Scrapdaddy
 
Scrapdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 821

Scrapdaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cully View Post
I'm not convinced that this thread will help much. I mean, spending time finding out how much you need just wastes time really.

I choose a level and remember my gold score.. then replay and keep replaying until I beat it... knowing that I need 4 or 50 more won't help me in any way really... it's still just as hard to get them.
I think these types of threads are helpful. It helps you determine if you will bother with that achievement or not which could save you a lot of time in the long run. Not knowing the cut off point on something means not really knowing how close (or how far) you are to obtaining something.

Example: Say it takes 200 pins for gold and I can just BARELY get 200 - 210 pins everytime I play. If I dont know what the platinum score is I cant really decide if I want to invest the time to get it. I may never be good enough. I could play for hours and never reach it, which would become frustrating if that is the only reason I'm playing the game anymore. If I know it is around 225 well maybe someday I'd randomly get lucky and get that score, so I'll keep trying. But if the cut off is say 300 then I'm SO far away that I'll never get it and would be just wasting my time. Since I know the cut off I can make an educated decision about how bad I want the achievement and by extension how much time I want to put into a game.

I like achievements but I don't have to get every one in every game I play. I mean if I'm no longer having fun with a game and I'm solely going for the at that point, then I want to finish as fast as possible or cut my losses and move on to something else.

More info is always better and especially if it is in a separate thread. Then people can decide to read it or not to read it. Works out for both camps.

I'd say post them. Even if it helps 1 person, mission accomplished.
Scrapdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #11
Takeoverfuture
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21

TakeoverFuture's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapdaddy View Post
I think these types of threads are helpful. It helps you determine if you will bother with that achievement or not which could save you a lot of time in the long run. Not knowing the cut off point on something means not really knowing how close (or how far) you are to obtaining something.

Example: Say it takes 200 pins for gold and I can just BARELY get 200 - 210 pins everytime I play. If I dont know what the platinum score is I cant really decide if I want to invest the time to get it. I may never be good enough. I could play for hours and never reach it, which would become frustrating if that is the only reason I'm playing the game anymore. If I know it is around 225 well maybe someday I'd randomly get lucky and get that score, so I'll keep trying. But if the cut off is say 300 then I'm SO far away that I'll never get it and would be just wasting my time. Since I know the cut off I can make an educated decision about how bad I want the achievement and by extension how much time I want to put into a game.

I like achievements but I don't have to get every one in every game I play. I mean if I'm no longer having fun with a game and I'm solely going for the at that point, then I want to finish as fast as possible or cut my losses and move on to something else.

More info is always better and especially if it is in a separate thread. Then people can decide to read it or not to read it. Works out for both camps.

I'd say post them. Even if it helps 1 person, mission accomplished.
true

just finished the achievement and the link mentioned a few posts above really helped because i had a target , when i knew i was only a few from platinium i retried and mostly got it the 2nd time.

this achievement is not as hard as it seems though
Takeoverfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #12
XxINYOUREYE11xX
 
XxINYOUREYE11xX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 394

BlackHoleFTW's Gamercard
Just a thought, the ball hitting mini games and the space bubbles games are easier with 2 people. On the ball hitting one just get a multiball as soon as possible and with 2 people you should have hardly any difficulty keeping it in play. As for the space bubbles you have half the room to cover when you have 2 people and the same amount of bubbles. The rafting games are easier done with one person and just learn the level. The reflex ridge ones are the hardest in my opinion and are best done alone since you can't effect the other persons score with your performance. My favorite is the fish tank ones but they are easier with only one person because it adds more leaks with 2 people. Try to anticapate where the holes will be and position yourself before they are even made. I know this doesn't directly relate to this thread but people looking for help on platinum medals will probably look here seeing its the only one with any good advice
__________________


XxINYOUREYE11xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #13
Joel78
 
Joel78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 667

joel78's Gamercard
Anyone having trouble getting platinum on the cruiser level of reflex ridge? It's the only RR one I need...it's supposed to be a basic level but for the life of me I can't get it....I think I need at least 300 and the best I got when I thought it was pretty much a perfect run was 298....most times it's around 290. I am jumping as much as I can to speed up but it still doesn't get enough...any tips? What's the best pose for the last set of pins? I hardly get any of those...


I finally got it

Last edited by Joel78; 12-10-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Joel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #14
neb86
 
neb86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 188

neb86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I was also having trouble with the Cruiser level on Reflex Ridge. I originally thought that if I jumped as much as possible that I would get to the finish faster and get more bonus points. The problem with that was that it cost me some of the Adventure Pins floating in the air and the Adventure Pins you get from using the Pull Bars(thanks goes to Forteblast pointing out that using the Pull Bars each time gives you a few Adventure Pins).

Taking my time and grabbing every Pull Bar in the level and snatching up a few of the extra floating Adventure Pins gave me enough to get platinum. The only time I would jump like crazy would be when the lift would be turning or going down. Hope this helps.
__________________
neb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #15
VisitorQ
 
VisitorQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 185

MechaHertz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb86 View Post
I was also having trouble with the Cruiser level on Reflex Ridge. I originally thought that if I jumped as much as possible that I would get to the finish faster and get more bonus points. The problem with that was that it cost me some of the Adventure Pins floating in the air and the Adventure Pins you get from using the Pull Bars(thanks goes to Forteblast pointing out that using the Pull Bars each time gives you a few Adventure Pins).

Taking my time and grabbing every Pull Bar in the level and snatching up a few of the extra floating Adventure Pins gave me enough to get platinum. The only time I would jump like crazy would be when the lift would be turning or going down. Hope this helps.
I'm jut getting back into these and Cruiser is one of the 3 I still need Platinum on. I wll try this next time I boot it up.
Thanks
__________________
VisitorQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #16
Schismfist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5

SchismFist's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel78 View Post
Anyone having trouble getting platinum on the cruiser level of reflex ridge? It's the only RR one I need...it's supposed to be a basic level but for the life of me I can't get it....I think I need at least 300 and the best I got when I thought it was pretty much a perfect run was 298....most times it's around 290. I am jumping as much as I can to speed up but it still doesn't get enough...any tips? What's the best pose for the last set of pins? I hardly get any of those...


I finally got it
Well done! This has caused me too much grief! Still to get it....
Schismfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:58 AM.