Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Exciting new forum!

Cool idea for the new forum. Looking foreward to seeing what kind of stuff goes on in here. Maybe representer tournaments in the future!

Also is this gonna be exclusively for reps?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
Cool idea for the new forum. Looking foreward to seeing what kind of stuff goes on in here. Maybe representer tournaments in the future!

Also is this gonna be exclusively for reps?
One of the things we have in the works is indeed Representers-only Tournaments. To answer to the other question: the forum will be visible to everyone.

The reason is because there will be new sign-up thread and FAQ about Representers to get more people excited to join us.

We're planning to grow the group of Representers and get them to become a active part of this community. Kind of like another choice for Subscribing if you want to help the site out.

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Cool sounds good. Looks like some good stuff is happening on the site at the minute. Here's to 2013!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Is this thread open to everyone?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Spade View Post
Is this thread open to everyone?
Yes it is. We are looking forward to hearing some discussion from non-Representers as well as current Representers about what we could do even better

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I like the idea of rep events, more chances to come last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
I refuse to use Spotify because they have no Taylor Swift albums.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #7
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
Yes it is. We are looking forward to hearing some discussion from non-Representers as well as current Representers about what we could do even better
Okay because I'm not an "official" rep (I'm a rep just without x360a in my tag). But I'm looking foward to the great ideas that (hopefully) come out of this thread. Maybe strike up a few of my own.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #8
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Spade View Post
Okay because I'm not an "official" rep (I'm a rep just without x360a in my tag). But I'm looking foward to the great ideas that (hopefully) come out of this thread. Maybe strike up a few of my own.
You seem to be the only Rep without "x360a" in the gamertag
We will be glad to hear ideas from anyone but keep in mind that the future perks that the Representers have are only for the Official Representers

Microsoft Fanboy:
Old 01-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #9
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
how would one go about getting a referral from a mod. it just seems a bit intrusive to send one of them a message just for a quick game and a referral.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 PM   #10
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Jappe x360a is the one to MSG regarding new rep eligibility I believe...
Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #11
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I like the idea of rep events, more chances to come last
That is always a good reason to take part in Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
how would one go about getting a referral from a mod. it just seems a bit intrusive to send one of them a message just for a quick game and a referral.
Currently some of the moderators are very busy with all the new things going on with the site and that is one reason why x360a recruited new staff recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
Jappe x360a is the one to MSG regarding new rep eligibility I believe...
That is correct. There's going to be some changes to the eligibility rules in the near future so it might take a while to get accepted since we have a lot of things to do but stay tuned

Microsoft Fanboy:
Old 01-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #12
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Like changing the requirement to something a little sooner than six months?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #13
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
We are looking into that requirement but I'm not making any promises. We do need to see the activity and interest of the applicants so being a member for 6 months is quite good amount of time where you can get yourself known in the community and that makes it easier for you to be approved

Microsoft Fanboy:
Old 01-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #14
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Check our gamertags, we all play games, look for a MP game we are playing and send a PM here. Don't harrass anyone but mods should be cool about getting inquiries on play dates for games they are already playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
I don't see that changing and would be strongly against it. Take those 6 months to get to know your fellow members and maybe get some games in with the staff. Also, subscribers are excempt from the membership requirements except getting a referral from staff.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer
Very cool, the events sound interesting, especially after completely missing the January completion event. Who knew having a baby took up so much fricking time lol.

FYI: I am resubbing as well just at a lower tier for a little while until my wife is back in work.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Closed Thread