PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #31
SageRuffin

Send a message via MSN to SageRuffin Send a message via Skype™ to SageRuffin

Devilhand Sage's Gamercard
NV is great, but I greatly preferred the atmosphere and setting FO3, especially since I was actually living in DC at the time I got it. Seeing the charred, crumbling remains of such important landmarks like the Capital Building and the Washington Monument just struck something in me.

And I'll admit, getting a new perk every other level kinda bugs me.
SageRuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #32
DaChin2130

DaChin2130's Gamercard
Loved most of the changes from Fallout 3, but it was missing something, not sure what. Going back through it for the first time in 2 years to finally 100% it.
DaChin2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #33
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansathan View Post
It gets bashed because of the game-breaking corrupt save freezing issues. 24 hours in and was absolutely in love, when my game started freezing like crazy. It's now unplayable. What a joke of an engine.

I was 2 hours in when I got it back in 2010 in December for PS3 when it started to freeze every 2 hours,lagged so bad I lagged within each step,and enimies were stuck in the ground. That night was about to take it back to Red Box a day early when Patch 4.0 was released. Got it again Decmber last year and glad they fixed many of the glitches. Almost platniumed before my PS3 died in early 2011.

I was 5 hours play time in today when I thought I came upon a legionary under the ground i couldnt complete ''Boots boots boots'' quest cause i couldnt untie the powder gangers cause of the nearby hostile leginary. I fast traveled to Good springs then fast traveled back to the camp and he was gone and I completed the quest. Then the game froze while on the last bit of ''Come fly with me'' when I was trying to barter with the guy at Good Springs Genearl Store. It froze 3 times in a row while trying to trade with him at the Barter screen. I cut of the 360 for an hour and it did the same thing. About to complete the quest so I hope that will fix it,hes my main connection for now.

The glitches are pretty bad in New Vegas. In 3 i encountered no glitches through 12 playthroughs

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 04-29-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #34
Crimson x360a
Banned User

Crimson x360a's Gamercard
Mine froze a couple times at Good Springs General Store within the first hour of play. I restarted and everything is fine. Weird how it works.
Crimson x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:18 AM   #35
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

I dont see why people hate on this game. I like it even more then I did Fallout 3. Theres so much to do,I love the factions system,new weapons,mods,side quests,everything only thing i didnt like was

Locations-it was really annoying going to a new location only to see that there was nothing there. Like even in a cave i get a few inches in,then theres a blockade. Plus nothing really stood out like in 3.

Glitches,Frame rate. Much better in 3, i encountered no glitches in 3 through 12 playthroughs, i encountered a bunch in New Vegas from 6 playthroughs.

Karma system- I do good in the World. Then why are there so many legionaries after me. Like I get neutral with the Legion at the end of the story,then im exploring they see me and attack me im like WTF. I rember early on i pissed off the Legion and they got on my nerves the rest of the game with their assassins. Powder gangers are criminals that kill and steal from Caravaners then why do I lose karma when I steal from them. The Legion are slavers that enslave innocent people,why the fuck do I lose karma from stealing from them. In Paradise Falls in 3 you lost no karma from stealing from the slavers,even though their items were in red on the Pipboy meter. In 3 Karma was handled much better.

Repaetiveness of Main story. The only real story differences gameplay wise is Caesers legion were you kill the President of NCR thats pretty much it. I mean whether you side with Mr. House, Yes Man,Casers Legion, you are still doing the same missions, protect the president (Or kill him for Ceaser), Activate the Securtrons under Caesers camp, install this chip into the NCR mainframe, Destroy the Brotherhood of steel bunker,deal with the Omertas, deal with the khans,deal with the White glove society, fight the in the final battle, deal with Lanius(Or fight alongside him). Its fun the first time but by the 3rd time it got boring and i started hating those '"Story achivements''.

Yay Got 1000 in New Vegas now

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 05-08-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #36
Crimson x360a
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
I dont see why people hate on this game. I like it even more then I did Fallout 3. Theres so much to do,I love the factions system,new weapons,mods,side quests,everything only thing i didnt like was

Locations-it was really annoying going to a new location only to see that there was nothing there. Like even in a cave i get a few inches in,then theres a blockade. Plus nothing really stood out like in 3.

Glitches,Frame rate. Much better in 3, i encountered no glitches in 3 through 12 playthroughs, i encountered a bunch in New Vegas from 6 playthroughs.

Karma system- I do good in the World. Then why are there so many legionaries after me. Like I get neutral with the Legion at the end of the story,then im exploring they see me and attack me im like WTF. I rember early on i pissed off the Legion and they got on my nerves the rest of the game with their assassins. Powder gangers are criminals that kill and steal from Caravaners then why do I lose karma when I steal from them. In 3 Karma was handled much better.

Repaetiveness of Main story. The only real story differences gameplay wise is Caesers legion > everything else. I mean whether you side with Mr. House, Yes Man, or NCR you are still doing the same missions, protect the president, Activate the Securtrons under Caesers camp, install this chip into the NCR mainframe, Destroy the Brotherhood of steel bunker,deal with the Omertas, deal with the khans,deal with the White glove society, fight the Legion in the final battle, deal with Lanius. Its fun the first time but by the 3rd time it got boring and i started hating those '"Story achivements''. Its the opposite in Caesers legion story, Arizona killer was the best quest in New Vegas of kill President Kimball.

The story and many other things are incredible in New Vegas,gambiling is great. A small handful of achivements left til 1000 gs YAY. Bout to start my 2nd playthrough the evil playthrough. I'll side with Caesers legion,do the lockpicking,hacking terminals,and cause 10,000 damages with explosives then thats it 1000 !!)
Main story does get boring after the first time you play it.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #37
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Well, I've since come around, but I boycotted this game for nearly a year.

Let me break it down:

You see, I'm the guy that when told which way to go for the main quest avoids it until I absolutely have to do it to move forward. So when the game wanted me to go to The Strip, I went everywhere else on the map first before setting foot there.

At the time (this was a month or so after release, it's been patched now) I went into Vault 11 and completed it. This is the Vault that has "The Lottery" where the winner gets to go to the Sacrificial Chamber for execution. I killed everything and moved on.

As it turns out, the turrets were faction linked to the Securitrons that guard The Lucky 38 Hotel. When I got to The Strip, Victor greets me and tells me that Mr. House wants to meet me, but when I get up the hotel steps, he's already dead. Presumably because he went ape-shit when I killed the turrets in Vault 11 and the townsfolk destroyed him.

Upon entering the Lucky 38, every Securitron n the building, including Jane, were hostile to me and Mr. House would not appear on the monitor. Basically, their programming mishap caused me to be cut off from one of the ending of the game.

Serendipitously, I ended up meeting the head of recruiting for Obsidian on the bus one morning on the way to work. When I found out that Jim worked for Obsidian, I shook my fist and growled at him. He looked puzzled and asked why I'd had that reaction.

"Fallout: New Vegas," I replied and he dropped his head into his hands embarrassed.

He asked me to write out what my problem was and e-mail it to him and he'd take it to one of the lead programmers to see if anything could be worked out. Naturally, there was nothing they could do since they couldn't retroactively undo the problem. So I was forced to start the game again. *Sigh*

But to salve the wound, Jim gave me codes for all of the DLC, which piqued my interest in finishing the game again. I am now a huge fan of the title and I think it only gets better with all the DLC added in.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #38
Crimson x360a
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
Serendipitously, I ended up meeting the head of recruiting for Obsidian on the bus one morning on the way to work. When I found out that Jim worked for Obsidian, I shook my fist and growled at him. He looked puzzled and asked why I'd had that reaction.

"Fallout: New Vegas," I replied and he dropped his head into his hands embarrassed.

He asked me to write out what my problem was and e-mail it to him and he'd take it to one of the lead programmers to see if anything could be worked out. Naturally, there was nothing they could do since they couldn't retroactively undo the problem. So I was forced to start the game again.
True story eh? Where do you live?
Old 05-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #39
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Tide View Post
True story eh? Where do you live?
Yeah sorry but his story seems too good to be true. I mean meeting the head of Obsidion I wouldn't make him mad or upset him,I'd get his autograph.

Can't wait for Fallout 4 Bethseda's making it !!!

Old 07-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #40
The Lone Nomad

Nomadicide93's Gamercard
I actually liked nv's combat and gameplay better than fallout 3. Alot of people don't like it cause of the bugs and freezing.
The Lone Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #41
NerdExtraordinaire

TheSilverVixy's Gamercard
I'll admit that when I first played New Vegas, it just didn't grip me the way Fallout 3 did. I have gone back and played the game more recently, and I fell in love with just how much care was taken for the different storyline options and the sheer number of ways you have to complete each quest, but I do still think I prefer Fallout 3. I encountered a few too many game-breaking glitches in New Vegas that were never patched to really let myself get as invested in it as I would have liked.
NerdExtraordinaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #42
Eleriel

Eleriel's Gamercard
the bugs and the glitches. hands down.
they made my playthrough hell, even had to start over from scratch for some of the achievements.

that said, the storylines and sheer number of alternative choices you get is far greater than F3.

and with that said, I still prefer Fallout 1 and 2.
Eleriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:18 AM   #43
Jenovaproject

Jenovaproject's Gamercard
I played the first two Fallouts back in the day. This game feels more like a sequel than Fallout 3, excellent though it was, was.

The only wrong Obsidian can do is get in bed with publishers who don't give them the support they need. KOTOR 2 blew KOTOR out of the water, and it wasn't even done!

I had a couple glitches. Nothing major.
Jenovaproject is offline   Reply With Quote