Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-14-2011, 02:29 AM   #211
HornzOverHalos

HornzOverHalos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfel View Post
There is a part in Moresby... the beach right behind Nick's house area. You walk down from Nick's and there is a group of them off to the right. Huck some meat bait over there. Wait for them all to gather and that should pop it for ya. Myself, my brother and one of our friends got it there. So I know there is at least 10. GL mate!

Exactly. I did the exact same thing, but right outside the church in Moresby if you go to the right.

I just aggro'ed the zombies that I could and then meat baited and like 4 more came over.

It went almost exactly like the youtube video posted.

HornzOverHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #212
HornzOverHalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornzOverHalos View Post
Is there a way to reload just the mounted gun part without having to do the supermarket and sewers every single time?

Bump since it's on a new page.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #213
Gertle627

Send a message via AIM to Gertle627

Gertle627's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornzOverHalos View Post
Is there a way to reload just the mounted gun part without having to do the supermarket and sewers every single time?
I think you have to go thru those parts of the level the first time, then simply kill the 15 or however many zombies at the beginning on the level, pause, and reload checkpoint before you reach the next checkpoint. In other words, don't finish that section.

But for those who want an easy way to get gun kills without doing this, I found a different way now that the patch is out. Start a new game + with the character you finished the game with. Choose to start from Chapter 18 with your existing character. Just go pick up the guns and ammo from the rooftop, and quit. Then start another new game + from Chapter 6. And choose the character from your Ch 18 game. I just ran around the city killing zombies until all my ammo was gone (usually got 20-25). Then quit. And repeat: new game + from Ch 6 using Ch 18 character.
Gertle627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #214
HornzOverHalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertle627 View Post
I think you have to go thru those parts of the level the first time, then simply kill the 15 or however many zombies at the beginning on the level, pause, and reload checkpoint before you reach the next checkpoint. In other words, don't finish that section.

But for those who want an easy way to get gun kills without doing this, I found a different way now that the patch is out. Start a new game + with the character you finished the game with. Choose to start from Chapter 18 with your existing character. Just go pick up the guns and ammo from the rooftop, and quit. Then start another new game + from Chapter 6. And choose the character from your Ch 18 game. I just ran around the city killing zombies until all my ammo was gone (usually got 20-25). Then quit. And repeat: new game + from Ch 6 using Ch 18 character.

Can't believe I didn't think of that.

Thanks, man!

Old 11-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #215
Gertle627

Send a message via AIM to Gertle627

Gertle627's Gamercard
Glad I could help.

For anyone needing the "Catch!" achievement, the rooftop (Ch 18) is also the best place. The level starts off by giving you a bunch of grenades, and after you kill the first 5-8 human enemies, infected dressed as police start swarming.
Gertle627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #216
AgEnT STARZz

AgEnT STARZz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
There is a part in Moresby... the beach right behind Nick's house area. You walk down from Nick's and there is a group of them off to the right. Huck some meat bait over there. Wait for them all to gather and that should pop it for ya. Myself, my brother and one of our friends got it there. So I know there is at least 10. GL mate!
Sorry i never saw your reply! ill give this a go as i still havent got it! the amount of times ive tried when ive had 10 around my car to find 9 bodies after

Currently on 101'937 (03/09/13)
Working on: Mass Effect 3(1375/1550), GOW3(1825/2000)

GoW3: Rank 49(Blue) (Seriously 3.0 - 51/65 Onyx - 94.34%)

My Girlfriend takes up to much of my time these days
AgEnT STARZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #217
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgEnT STARZz View Post
Sorry i never saw your reply! ill give this a go as i still havent got it! the amount of times ive tried when ive had 10 around my car to find 9 bodies after
That spot works like a charm. Be aware though that there have been a couple times where only 9 enemies were there. If that's the case, simply go back in Nick's Hub and come back out and they'll have respawned.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #218
dalton32389

dalton32389's Gamercard
can we get a roadmap in the achievement guide? thank you.
dalton32389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:44 PM   #219
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Send a message via MSN to The Pants Party

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalton32389 View Post
can we get a roadmap in the achievement guide? thank you.
It's up on the main site now. I also posted the DLC guide.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
The real question is: where was your penis?
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #220
dalton32389

dalton32389's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
It's up on the main site now. I also posted the DLC guide.
well done, youre the man
central US timezone.
i use my headset liberally.
have a nice day.
dalton32389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #221
spacely

In regards to getting to level 50 neither of those methods work anymore with the patch. Unless I'm doing something wrong with the thug. I've broken both arms and used brass knuckles but I'm only getting 38xp each time.

Any ideas?
spacely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #222
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacely View Post
In regards to getting to level 50 neither of those methods work anymore with the patch. Unless I'm doing something wrong with the thug. I've broken both arms and used brass knuckles but I'm only getting 38xp each time.

Any ideas?
I assume you mean other than leveling up the normal way? Now that they fixed the experience on quests even in the beginning of the game there is no reason not to do it legit.

I got to 50 back before the quests were fixed and it took me 2.5 playthroughs, now... should barely take you a full two.

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #223
spacely

Yeah I know, but honestly I got bored of the game after completing it the first time and doing the other 3 runs of Act 1. Basically I just wanted to level up and be done.

This thread should help people who don't wish to replay the story.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=349113
spacely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #224
FAT PENGUIN 555

FAT PENGUIN 555's Gamercard
Awesome guide
FAT PENGUIN 555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #225
paul_b_88

paulb1988's Gamercard
Great guide pants 1000g.
paul_b_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:43 AM   #226
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
One is all I need 20
Kill 5 Infected in a row with a single blow.

This description here seems to be misleading some people, but all you need for this is five consecutive one-hit kills with a melee weapon. I got this with the sickle you earn in an early side-quest, while using Analog controls. With the analog control scheme, it is actually much easier to pull off a head slice with the right-to-left motion of the thumbstick. Let zombies charge you as their momentum seems to aid the decapitation. A good spot for this is while defending the gas station during Chapter 2. About 6-8 zombies will charge you when you open the garage door.

Another method is to join a friend toward the beginning of a new game with your high level character. The lower level zombies will easily die in a single shot.

This achievement invloved you killing 5 Infected zombies. Meaning the running ones. If you look at them it will specifically say "infected". And the best way to get a one hit on them is when THESE SPECIFIC zombies are running at you.

That is why the achievemernt says Infected. And I know 100% that it has to be infected cause I have a weapon that kills zombies in one hit (infected, walkers, etc) not the big zombies (thugs, rams, floaters, etc) and the achievement progress only counted if you did infected. Same with my friend.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #227
purpleinsect

MissRiddlez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Easier way to get the 10 heads are better than 1 achievement is on ACT1, Quest= Make yourself at home.

As many of you know there is a Thug who won't fight back. Make sure you got plenty ammo when you get there. First I hit his arms with a blunt weapon (to get more xp) then I started hitting him with a sword to get the health down. When the health was almost gone I shot him in the head. Once he dies don't pick up the keys he drops just load checkpoint and do this 9 times more. Be careful not to kill him when you are trying to lower his health. Better be safe than sorry So if you have enough ammo you can easily take a few shots at his head. I had a shock pistol that I used. Also this was on my second playthrough. I found this to be the easist way as he will just stand there so you get a clear shot towards his head and there won't be any other zombies bothering you.

Finally I got to level 50! Found that doing the champagne quest was really effective. But I didn't want to farm champagne, so I just did the oleander thing for last 2 levels If I've already done every quest once and finished the game, I don't think I missed out on anything by buying 700 oleanders and giving them to that guy. It was boring as hell, but rather that than grind the same missions again with the same character

Last edited by purpleinsect; 02-10-2012 at 12:09 PM.
purpleinsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #228
Rascalov

EbonHawk01's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
The guide says there are no missable achievements. Shouldn't There and Back again be listed as missable? As if you have less than 56 locations before going to the Prison, you have to play through the whole game again to get it...

R.I.P CrustyDirtDemon 1986-2011

Last edited by Rascalov; 09-02-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Rascalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #229
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
has the patches made the achievements less glitchy.

ScOoP!

guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #230
Grimfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascalov View Post
The guide says there are no missable achievements. Shouldn't There and Back again be listed as missable? As if you have less than 56 locations before going to the Prison, you have to play through the whole game again to get it...
You don't have to play through the WHOLE game again. You can chapter select... unless something changed. You can even jump into a friend's game that is at the right place and get it that way... So it's not really missable.

(Edit)Besides... to get all the achievements you have to play the game AT least twice if not more so if you are getting all the achievements it's not missable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo316 View Post
has the patches made the achievements less glitchy.
Theoretically... but some people are still popping up saying they have issues. Not as many though... Although that may be because this game is way old now.

Quote:
Old 09-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #231
DerEnglaender

MakeMeACoffee's Gamercard
It's probably worth mentioning in hte roadmap (but particularly relating to the 72 locations achievement) that if your online status changes (you loose or gain connection to xbox live) your achievement progress gets reset by a couple of minutes.

So for example if you do the quest in act 1 in the hotel while disconnected from xbox live and connect say right at the end of hte hotel its possible that you wont get credit for all hotel areas.

The kill xx enemies in a row achievements will also reset etc

DerEnglaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #232
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
o00 old post but thank you! lol this is one of the last achievements i need save the DLC which i havent started yet. i remember i used to farm rage kills over there a lot when the game came out. everytime i try to get 10 zombs on fire at once by that wambulance i only get 8 or 9 .

for some reason i have a hard time finding nicks area in the city now, i think when i got there before i was always just tailing my friends haha. but i do remember they respawn everytime you go in and out of nicks apartment, so its a pretty safe bet to get 'light my fire' there. with molotov and meat bait blueprint, im hoping i can get this tonight!
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #233
Grimfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
o00 old post but thank you! lol this is one of the last achievements i need save the DLC which i havent started yet. i remember i used to farm rage kills over there a lot when the game came out. everytime i try to get 10 zombs on fire at once by that wambulance i only get 8 or 9 .

for some reason i have a hard time finding nicks area in the city now, i think when i got there before i was always just tailing my friends haha. but i do remember they respawn everytime you go in and out of nicks apartment, so its a pretty safe bet to get 'light my fire' there. with molotov and meat bait blueprint, im hoping i can get this tonight!
Yeah, that was the most consistent for me... it still took some luck though. I think there might be like 11 total... so you have to get them all close. Then huck the meat bait. THEN huck a molotov and hope it hits them all. It really does help to have at least one other person to help with the wrangling.

Quote:
Old 09-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #234
Ropedawg

Ropedawg's Gamercard
Great guide. Thanks for the help
Ropedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #235
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Did they patch "Swing them sticks" so the driving kills no longer register towards it? Tried it a bunch earlier but couldn't get those kills to count for the analog control kills no matter what I did.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:53 AM   #236
ShadowBlade1488

Send a message via AIM to ShadowBlade1488

ShadowBlade1488's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Did they patch "Swing them sticks" so the driving kills no longer register towards it? Tried it a bunch earlier but couldn't get those kills to count for the analog control kills no matter what I did.

I found a solution for it on True Achievements. You need to be playing the game alone, change to analog before you start the game, have fists equipped and throw a few punches in the air before getting in the vehicle. This worked for me, but at one point I got out of the vehicle and when I got back in the counter didn't increase. I suppose you have to throw the punches every time before entering a vehicle during a play session for it to count.
ShadowBlade1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #237
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Great, thanks!! Will give it a try!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #238
jds78

Jds78's Gamercard
love this game
jds78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #239
Survived Quarry Junction

l Stab People's Gamercard
Rootin Tootin Lootin is really getting on my nerves.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #240
Pheran

Pheran1's Gamercard
Just completed my 100% achievements in this game yesterday, thanks for the guide folks. That killing a ram with a tackle one takes a while, even after beating him down to low health with a weapon I think I had to tackle him 20 times or so.
Pheran is offline   Reply With Quote