Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
Rage

Prodx's Gamercard
Brass Balls Glitch Not Working

Hello fellow BioShock players. I started the game on hard and then switched to easy at some point when I realized that there was a glitch. I then proceeded to fight my way to Fontaine and do the trick where you kill him on easy then switch it to hard as you plunge in the last syringe. I have tried about 5 times now with no achievement popping luck.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to why the achievement will not pop for me. Is it because I started on hard and switch to easy then back to hard? Also, I did die along the way but don't see why that matters when you just load up a save that was before your death since the vita chambers are off? Any input would be greatly appreciated as I had already 1000'd this game back in 2007 and played through numerous times and would hopefully not have to again. Thanks.

EDIT: And yes I did make sure to press start after I changed the difficulty and not B

Last edited by Rage; 03-12-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I started on Hard, changed to easy and then tried this glitch and it didn't work for me either.

I'm pretty sure the switch from Hard to Easy and then back to Hard probably jinxed it.

However, I also have the Ultimate Rapture Edition, so there is a Survival difficulty that comes up before Hard when pressing right. So that could be my problem as well. I'm thinking of picking up a used copy of the original game and seeing if I can make it happen.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
Rage

Prodx's Gamercard
Yeah if I had known that there were so many little factors that could have gone wrong I would have just played the whole thing on hard since I have every other achievement, but I guess that is what you get when you try to take shortcuts. They had a sale on it last week on games on demand so I just picked up the virtual copy for $4.99

EDIT: But now the question is do I play it again just doing it the legit way or risk it again by just doing the glitched way and starting on hard with never changing the difficulty until the end.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:18 AM   #4
SicklyPlague
Not that kind of plague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
Also, I did die along the way but don't see why that matters when you just load up a save that was before your death since the vita chambers are off?
I think that may be why it messed up for you, it was brought up in the achievement guide but im not sure if it was confirmed that even if you use a prior save of you not using a vita chamber is will void the achievement.

Thanks to Magixman for the sig!
SicklyPlague is offline   Reply With Quote