PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Cave
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
wmattlowe

zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz's Gamercard
Any Good?!?!

Love platformers and quirky humor. Trailer pretty much sold me on it. But curious as to what you guys think about it as well as the cheevos etc thanks for any and all help!
wmattlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The game is fun. there are some easy puzzles and then you have the not so easy puzzles. the achievements are all easy. even the not dying one. problem is some are missable but you can replay them anyways. lately i havent been in the mood to 100% arcade games. this one will be completed.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
I have a bias for Double Fine games, Stacking was the only one I really didn't enjoy too much. The Cave in my opinion is great, as like most DF games it's unique, has some humor to it and never really takes itself too seriously. I bought it after playing the demo and no regrets so far.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #4
wmattlowe

Anyone know how long the game is give or take...
Old 01-26-2013, 02:20 AM   #5
ErrolErrolson

Errol Errolson's Gamercard
It's about an hour per playthrough. You'll need at least 5 to get every achievement.
ErrolErrolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #6
wmattlowe

Only an hour from beginning to end?! What?! 1200msp!? that doesn't add up =/
Old 01-26-2013, 02:57 AM   #7
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErrolErrolson View Post
It's about an hour per playthrough. You'll need at least 5 to get every achievement.
Maybe if you race through it and use a guide instead of figuring out the puzzles yourself.
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:15 AM   #8
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaleg View Post
Maybe if you race through it and use a guide instead of figuring out the puzzles yourself.
Yes, but once you've played everybody's level and know it by heart you can blow through all 3 levels in an hour per game. doesn't matter which 3 you choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmattlowe View Post
Only an hour from beginning to end?! What?! 1200msp!? that doesn't add up =/
Um.... no. you need to play this game at least 3 times just to get everybody out of the cave. and another 3 for whichever ending you didn't get. and if it's your first time playing, it will take you longer than 1 hour to complete it unless you're super smart.

Last edited by Annalie; 01-26-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:09 AM   #9
wmattlowe

Talking

Appreciate all the quick responses guys! As soon as I get home im gonna boot it up and see for myself =) fairly certain I'll buy it...i love playing these side scrollers with my lady friend lol there's not many couch co op games out there anymore unfortunately so I can usually ignore little issues with these games due to the fun factor of couch co op
Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #10
ErrolErrolson

Errol Errolson's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaleg View Post
I must admit I forgot how long my first playthrough was (the time-travelers puzzles stumped me good and proper and the Twins house was also quite tricky) but by the end of my 7th playthrough I had it down to a tee.

So yeah, first playthrough with each character will be a little longer. By the time you're mopping up you're looking at about an hour.
ErrolErrolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #11
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I tried the demo just now. It really reminds me of The Lost Vikings. Will definitely get this later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:59 AM   #12
Wolfwood NLB

Wolfwood NLB's Gamercard
I bought this game as soon as I found out it was created by the same mind behind "Maniac Mansion", and when I saw the SEGA logo, I knew nostalgia was knocking.

Great game, albeit a little bit repetitive (although most of the game changes with new characters, there are a handful of sections that you will have to replay at LEAST five times to get all of the achievements). That aside, still well worth the 15 bucks!
Wolfwood NLB is offline   Reply With Quote