PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Slayer12321

Slayer12321's Gamercard
Fallout 4?

First post, new to this so if there is another thread similar to this then feel free to post link! Just had a couple questions and thoughts and wanted people's opinions.

First, any ideas when it actually comes out? I know there hasn't been a release stating when it comes out but any ideas when it does? I'm hoping soon, honestly I don't even want an Elder Scrolls MMO, I WANT FALLOUT 4.

Second, any thoughts on running the Skyrim engine? I guess the style fits but the color scheme seems a little too dark for the 50s themed Fallout.

And finally, who thinks they'll change the skill system to more of an Elder Scrolls way of leveling? The problem I had with Skyrim was that it fully threw out replay value. I was able to do pretty much everything in one play through because you didn't pick main skills, you could get all levels in each skill without starting over. I like having specialization of skills in Fallout where you pretty much HAVE to start over to have a different style of gameplay. Would Bethesda go for more of a Skyrim way of skilling?
Slayer12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
pandaliamcod6

xG i GeNoCiDeZ's Gamercard
I'm not sure if Bethseda have given any information away regarding their next Fallout installment. But I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere, that Bethseda announced that Fallout 4 would be the final Fallout.

It seems like you literally want the next Fallout to be literally "Skyrim with guns and VAT". You have to understand that the Elder Scrolls and Fallouts are two completely different game series.

50,000 G 28/01/2013
pandaliamcod6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Slayer12321

Slayer12321's Gamercard
Sorry if I was unclear but what I was saying is that I know they're using the Skyrim engine but I hope they don't mess with the actual gameplay. I enjoyed Skyrims gameplay but I DON'T want the Skyrim skill system or anything but possibly the engine.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
pandaliamcod6

xG i GeNoCiDeZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer12321 View Post
Sorry if I was unclear but what I was saying is that I know they're using the Skyrim engine but I hope they don't mess with the actual gameplay. I enjoyed Skyrims gameplay but I DON'T want the Skyrim skill system or anything but possibly the engine.
Okay, that's good, hopefully Fallout 4 isn't too similiar to Skyrim; but I'm sure it will be a fantastic game nevertheless.

50,000 G 28/01/2013
pandaliamcod6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
II Mortis II

Mortis x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't think they will announce a release date for a while yet. From the look of things they're still in discussion about locations and story. A lot of people are saying it will be set in Boston, but a few think it will be set in Kansas. Bethesda refuse to comment. I recon late 2013 at a push.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
Slayer12321

Slayer12321's Gamercard
Ahh you're probably right, Far Cry 3 will hold me over until it finally comes out, I'd rather wait a while and the game be amazing then them just push something bad out
Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
combustible lemon

unsnaggedfive3's Gamercard
Skyrim's skill system is a lot like communism. It looks great on paper but when you put it into practice and factor in all the variables, it turns out to be horrible.
Some skills like sneak power leveled themselves whilst others like speech were practically impossible to get up. I also agree that this, alongside the lack of NV style consequences or opposing factions, killed the games replay value.

If the next FO game does away with SPECIAL and skill points then I simply will not play it.
combustible lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #8
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Fallout 4 is waiting for the next generation so don't expect anything until after the new XBOX. And even then, it'll probably be until at least 2014 before we see it considering they have Elder Scrolls Online coming for 2013.

Also, Fallout 4 was only going to be the final Fallout in the license that Bethesda had originally signed with Interplay which was for 3 games total (Fallouts 3, New Vegas and 4). Now that Bethesda has settled with Interplay and now owns the Fallout property in it's entirety (including the MMO Interplay had already started working on) I'm sure that 4 will not be the last in the series.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:44 AM   #9
THE DEADLY DOG
StudentTeaching/Back soon

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Ahh this thread got my hopes up. Thought there was some new info about the game.

bplayak at his.. finest?
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #10
Cann0nSen5ei

Cann0nSen5ei's Gamercard
Yay, news on the next Fallout game! the Skyrim skills are a bit finicky, hope they stay with the normal Fallout skills and SPECIAL things.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
Slayer12321

Slayer12321's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
Fallout 4 is waiting for the next generation so don't expect anything until after the new XBOX. And even then, it'll probably be until at least 2014 before we see it considering they have Elder Scrolls Online coming for 2013.

Also, Fallout 4 was only going to be the final Fallout in the license that Bethesda had originally signed with Interplay which was for 3 games total (Fallouts 3, New Vegas and 4). Now that Bethesda has settled with Interplay and now owns the Fallout property in it's entirety (including the MMO Interplay had already started working on) I'm sure that 4 will not be the last in the series.
Ahhh makes complete sense, I forgot all about the new Xbox coming out, considering that I have no complaints. I'd much rather have it for the new Xbox then for the 360 for only a year
Old 12-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #12
THE DEADLY DOG

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Quote:
Ahhh makes complete sense, I forgot all about the new Xbox coming out, considering that I have no complaints. I'd much rather have it for the new Xbox then for the 360 for only a year
Absolutely. Make it wait until you can put it on a system that blows the 360 out of the water.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #13
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Absolutely. Make it wait until you can put it on a system that blows the 360 out of the water.
Or just play it on PC and not worry about that. :P

There's no doubt that Fallout 4 will use the Creation Engine, but it will likely be tweaked, just like the Gamebryo engine was for Fallout 3. Still, Bethesda really need to work on their engines more, they're so damn buggy.

Also, it would have to use the Fallout SPECIAL system and same skill system, they are part of what makes Fallout, Fallout, they are unique to the games and simply couldn't change them. We may see new skills and some slight tweaks, but definitely nothing major. Regardless, I can't wait for Fallout 4! I just hope they come back to the east coast!

Last edited by WOLFkraut; 12-19-2012 at 04:27 AM.
WOLFkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #14
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
I just hope they come to the east coast!
Um, isn't Washington, D.C. on the east coast?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:31 AM   #15
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Or just play it on PC and not worry about that. :P
!
I would need to leave consoles if I was to play PC again.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 12-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #16
Slayer12321

Slayer12321's Gamercard
Quote:
Yep but Fallout New Vegas was in the Mojave Desert, not the East Coast
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #17
Slayer12321

Slayer12321's Gamercard
Quote:
I just hope they come back to the east coast!
If this whole Boston rumor is right then I'll be happy! I think that would be a great place to have it in as long as we see some new factions. Also, having some historical quests would be awesome like a lot of the side quests in Fallout 3!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #18
THE DEADLY DOG

Roaming the streets of Boston, and then sliding down to the Big Apple for a nice DLC. I see it coming together nicely.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 12-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #19
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Yes, it is, lol, just a slight typing error on my part. I meant to say, "I just hope they come BACK to the east coast.". My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
I would need to leave consoles if I was to play PC again.
Haha, I'm questioning if I'll even buy the next Xbox or if I'll just, become a full PC gamer. :P No doubt Fallout 4 will be amazing on PC, though! Skyrim opened up a whole new world of possibilities.

Quote:
If this whole Boston rumor is right then I'll be happy! I think that would be a great place to have it in as long as we see some new factions. Also, having some historical quests would be awesome like a lot of the side quests in Fallout 3!
I agree! Boston would be a great place for a Fallout game. I'm sure we'll see some new factions, too. Perhaps the Enclave will return on a larger scale, seeing as how Boston would be a very fitting place for the Enclave's message. Also, agree with more historical quests and places. Stealing Independence was a great idea for a quest!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #20
YiazmatXII

YiazmatXII's Gamercard
Quote:

Next Gen? I highly doubt it considering Bethesda have publicly said they are reluctant to develop on Next Gen at the moment

Pray, or you will become prey!
YiazmatXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #21
sticks117

Sagacious Rat's Gamercard
Hi everyone, I found more info about Fallout 4 on shoptonet of all places:

http://www.shopto.net/news/41658/Rum...l-to-Fallout-3

Talks about leaked information from someone called GNR_informer; click the link or read the info below.

First and foremost, the game will take place in Boston, and be kind of a direct sequel to Fallout 3 with a few groups returning.

From what it sounds like, "The Institute" is pretty much the downtown DC or New Vegas of this game. Boston is going to be unlike anything we've seen in a Fallout game before, with buildings more on par with cyberpunk and retro-futurism.

Androids play a big part in this game. The railroad from Fallout 3 is a faction. The enemies of the railroad is "the Plantation" -- a group who force Androids to farm so that Humans can get food. The Institute is highly advanced and probably obtained or built their own GECK to start a farm.

Due to complaints about using Super Mutants and the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 3 excessively and going against the lore too much, Bethesda has decided to avoid using these groups. Bethesda wants to make a new "race" (think Ghoul, Super Mutant) which will be central to Boston. Bethesda is currently looking at Lovecraftian fiction since Boston is around "Lovecraft Country".

Bethesda has no plans to reinvent the leveling up system to make it more like Skyrim and want to make Fallout 4 more distinct from Skyrim since of the complaints that Oblivion and Fallout 3 were too similar. Bethesda is thinking about introducing a system, similar to Skyrim, where your skills can level up if you perform certain tasks.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #22
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
hopefully when it does come out its more like Fallout 3 rather than New Vegas did like the idea of having to start over to play different
story arcs. IM also still waiting for the New Vegas dlc to come on offer.a

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #23
killermophead

killermophead's Gamercard
Boston really? Why not do it in another country completely....Fallout London would be pretty fun

Brotherhood of Steel should still be in it as they are always the fun and the best....Where else would I be able to loot great power armor? D:
killermophead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #24
nia333

StormyC93's Gamercard
Something I find cool is that Erik Todd Dellums who voiced Three Dog tweeted earlier this month that he is most likely going in to do recording for this character again soon.
nia333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:41 AM   #25
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermophead View Post
Boston really? Why not do it in another country completely....Fallout London would be pretty fun

Brotherhood of Steel should still be in it as they are always the fun and the best....Where else would I be able to loot great power armor? D:
A large part of what makes Fallout what it is, is the very American atmosphere, influence and feeling. A Fallout game set anywhere else wouldn't make any sense and it really wouldn't be Fallout. I wouldn't mind seeing other places in the world, but only as a spin-off game or maybe a DLC. And even then, I'd really only care to see China.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #26
AxeBlaze

Ax3bl4z3's Gamercard
Cool

firstly this link: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/25/wh...ame=0&ns_fee=0

I wouldn't mind if Fallout 4 or whatever they're calling it used the Skyrim engine or a completely NEW engine! But even IF Fallout 4 was a carbon copy of 3 or NV I would still buy it. What I would really like is if they made the plot similar to Fallout 3's plot but with the different factions that Fallout NV had. Also make it more of a survival game Bethesda! I want to be wandering the wastelands scavenging for supplies and ammo, having to use ALL my weapons in my arsenal to fight off bad guys because I ran out of ammo for my "main" weapon or even having to resort to using melee weapons Also make a better weapon mod/creation system where you have to gather supplies from either vendors or find them in the Wastes
AxeBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:25 AM   #27
veppa

veppa's Gamercard
Thumbs up

I hope it is going to be awesome. Plz make it awesome.
veppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:41 AM   #28
HELLSPWAN 88

HELLSPWAN 88's Gamercard
they have to keep the brotherhood imo it just would not be fallout if they were not in the game
Old 03-14-2013, 02:11 AM   #29
Legrand

Legrand the III's Gamercard
In any case hopefully Bethesda is working on something pertaining to Fallout 4 seeing that Skyrim being they're last major release was amazing, I can't help but feel that on another note I like most of the weaponry in both Fallout 3 & New Vegas better though
Legrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #30
enoughbeck96

enoughbeck96's Gamercard
cool a new fallout cant wait, still playing fallout new vegas which is taking me ages.
enoughbeck96 is offline   Reply With Quote