PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #61
Blue PLanet CorPoRaTiOn

Send a message via AIM to Blue PLanet CorPoRaTiOn
Well, what can I say other than a sterling job from the GFX team- keep it up!
Blue PLanet CorPoRaTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #62
kaleido42

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Silver   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Emerald   Staff Club - Minty   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
but hard games aren't fun.
Keep in mind that not all of them on the hard list are really that hard or annoying, a few are just more time consuming. And if you enjoy the game there shouldn't be any issue gladly investing a little more time in it

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #63
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Keep in mind that not all of them on the hard list are really that hard or annoying, a few are just more time consuming. And if you enjoy the game there shouldn't be any issue gladly investing a little more time in it
That's true. Mafia 2 is a good example of that. I don't want to get the posters but I'll end up doing it because driving a hot rod around town is fun.

Still. Games that are impossibly hard aren't fun. Play on hard, Die in one hit, go through the game only with melee, and don't die. I won't even bother with achievements like that (combination of all 4).
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #64
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Still. Games that are impossibly hard aren't fun. Play on hard, Die in one hit, go through the game only with melee, and don't die. I won't even bother with achievements like that (combination of all 4).
You and I both. Games should be fun!
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #65
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Games are fun! Just gotta go out your way a little and have some persistence when going for harder achievements. At the end you shall be rewarded with kickass achievements and more importantly..x360a awards!

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #66
kaleido42

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Silver   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Emerald   Staff Club - Minty   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
That's true. Mafia 2 is a good example of that. I don't want to get the posters but I'll end up doing it because driving a hot rod around town is fun.
Way to let the cat out of the bag, that one wasn't announced publicly yet

but ya, I counted about 6 that'd I'd end up getting anyways just because I do/will enjoy the game, not including ones I already have.

EDIT: Just noticed mafia 2 isn't even on the list, way to make a fool of myself >.<

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #67
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchambers69 View Post
I dont get what they are but i am new to this, i got 40000 gamerscore and have posted over 5 times yet it still wont show up on here
What is it you're trying to accomplish?
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #68
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Way to let the cat out of the bag, that one wasn't announced publicly yet

but ya, I counted about 6 that'd I'd end up getting anyways just because I do/will enjoy the game, not including ones I already have.

EDIT: Just noticed mafia 2 isn't even on the list, way to make a fool of myself >.<
I hadn't even read the list prior to that post anyways. Way to point fingers bro. Now I'll just go cry in a corner...
Old 03-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #69
Youjustgotownt

Black BIood's Gamercard
Quote:
hard games aren't fun.
Completely disagree. I love the satisfaction of beating the hardest games and completing all their achievements
Youjustgotownt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #70
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youjustgotownt View Post
Completely disagree. I love the satisfaction of beating the hardest games and completing all their achievements
In retrospect I agree it is worth it. However, suffering from bullshit controls, spawning, weapons, glitches, and dying from one shot isn't fun.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:08 AM   #71
troy0891 x360a
On Hiatus

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
I think there's a fine line between hard enough to be a true challenge giving great satisfaction once overcome and being something that makes even mild mannered me want to break things and rage quit the game forever.
troy0891 x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:22 AM   #72
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
You and I both. Games should be fun!
Some hard games are fun, Dark Souls for example
Issue is more that most developers don't know how to do "hard" instead they just go the cheap route. Cheap deaths, jack up the enemies health and damage and call it good.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #73
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Quote:
Agreed, as long as you get a fair chance and don't have to deal with utter BS.

Achievement #1000 - Seek and Destroy - Achievement #10000 - Fully Evolved

Overachiever: 54 points - 15 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 7-4-0

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:04 AM   #74
EmeraldLover

vanilla autumn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Oh i want that Bulletwitch Hell mode award.
EmeraldLover is offline   Reply With Quote