PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
itsnotunusual

itsnotunusual's Gamercard
In form! Achievement - Hints

Hi, I know many people have a lot of frustration with the Inform Achievement. There is a 7-pages thread already with people in frustration.
I decided to make start a new thread on this topic with some hints on how to get the achievement compiling everything I know so far. I gave some tips in the other thread but they get lost in the pages and every week people come with the same questions, get bad advice from other people and lose their hard earned coins...
I will write the tips in a Q&A format. Please be aware that the tips I give are based on my experience and some statistic tests I did. There is no super trick in this thread that will guarantee you an Inform player in a pack, I just want to keep you from wasting money on stupid packs and maximize your chances of getting IFs. Just for reference, I pulled seven IFs so far. But I opened a lot of packs You should expect to open around 100 packs till you get the achievement, some may be unlucky enough to open 250, others will get it in their first twenty...

If I open a pack on the web app and get an IF, will I get the achievement on the console?
No.

Do I get the achievement for upgraded/transferred players like in Fifa 12?
No.

Do I get the achievement for MOTM/TOTY players?
Yes.

What is the probability of getting an IF player?
My current calculations come up with a probability of 1.3% in a gold premium pack in a typical week.

What can I expect from a premium gold pack?
3.12 0.53 (standard deviation) players, 0.9 0.7 rare players and of course some other stuff.

Should I rather buy 10 bronze packs or 2 silver packs instead of the gold premium pack?
No, absolutely not. Buy gold premium packs. As there is 5000 silver players compared to 1000 gold players, the probability of getting IFs in silver packs is much smaller than in gold packs. This changes if the ratio of silver to gold players in the TOTW should ever exceed 16:5.

Should I buy regular gold packs or premium gold packs?
That is somewhat an open question. I think that IF players count as rare cards, no matter whether they are nonrare in the regular version (this needs to be verified though!). Therefore you increase your chances by buying premium gold packs. In my experience, the additional rare items also have a good probability of netting you an item that you can sell for a high enough price to get those extra 2.5k back.

Are some weeks better than other weeks for buying packs?
Not absolutely clear, but I would say yes. I believe that players are not equally distributed in packs and low rated players are much more often in packs. Therefore, your highest probability of getting an IF is in a week where all players are gold and have a low rating. You can also watch out for specials like TOTY or MOTM, when the whole TOTY was in pack you basically had a double chance of getting IFs since there was more IF players in packs.

Is there a specific time of the day where packs are better?
I am almost 100% sure that is a myth. I opened several packs with a friend of mine during the supposed magic hour of Wednesday 6-7 pm GMT, true to the randomness of the whole affair I got some decent packs and he just got *** packs. Nothing statistically significant in my opinion.

Do I have a higher chance of getting IFs from buying with Fifa points rather than with coins?
Another myth in my opinion. My distribution is 4 from points and 3 from coins. But I opened more packs with points than with coins I think, so again, no statistical significance.

Which happy hour packs exist and which should I buy?
Sorry, I don't recall them all... I will try to make a list of them and make some advice based on IF probability calculations. I will use the premium gold pack as reference.
- Premium Jumbo Gold packs (24 items, 7 rare, 15000 coins)
=> Yes, absolutely buy those. The free rare item compared to two premium gold packs is really good.
- Gold premium player pack (12 players, mostly gold, 3 rare players, 25000 coins)
=> I would say do not buy it. You can open 3 gold premium packs for 22500 where you get 9 players and typically 3 rare players. For the achievement, the IF probability of 3 gold premium packs is therefore the same as for this GPP pack, but you paid less and get a bunch of consumables extra that you can sell for profit.
- Mega Packs (30 items, mostly gold, 18 rare items, 35000 coins)
=> Well, for slightly more money you would get 5 premium gold packs, netting you 15 rare items. The mega pack does seem a good deal then. However you only get 30 items compared to 60 items from five packs. Nevertheless I would say they are a fairly good deal.
- Jumbo rare player pack (24 rare gold players, 100000 coins)
=>The 100k coins are worth 13 premium gold packs from which you would expect around 13 rare players. Therefore I would say achievement wise the 100k pack is a good idea, but you lose a lot of consumables that you can potentially resell nicely.
- Packs with 2x chance
=> Obviously buy when these are on, rare as they are. But don't expect too much from those. Don't discard stuff you could sell for more money just to make room for new packs...

When are happy hours?
Find out on EAs twitter page:
https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA

I hope this compiles all questions related to this achievement. Feel free to ask further questions or correct any mistakes. If anyone wants to donate coins so I can improve the calculations, feel free to contact me

tl;dr

Only buy gold premium packs or jumbo gold packs when there is lots of low rated gold players on the TOTW. Good luck, you will need it, expect to open around 100 packs.

Last edited by itsnotunusual; 03-02-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: added some more packs
itsnotunusual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
ciruzzo86

Stic86's Gamercard
great topic.
what do you think about the current TOTW?
shall i give it a shot?
i have 165k, i need to plan exactly my suicide mission

ciruzzo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
itsnotunusual

Twelve gold players this week is a quite good number. Many of them are also relatively low-rated, so I think you could give it a shot. But you might wanna wait if EA do another jumbo pack happy hour this weekend. As described above those give you the most money back.
I would not fall for these gold premium player packs for 25k, those give you small resell value from my experience.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
ciruzzo86

Stic86's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotunusual View Post
Twelve gold players this week is a quite good number. Many of them are also relatively low-rated, so I think you could give it a shot. But you might wanna wait if EA do another jumbo pack happy hour this weekend. As described above those give you the most money back.
I would not fall for these gold premium player packs for 25k, those give you small resell value from my experience.
there is the million weekend until sunday.
but if i got well there'll be only the 25k packs.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
itsnotunusual

Good news, there is going to be a Jumbo premium pack happy hour today from 4:00-5:30 pm GMT. As I said, I think those are the best chances of getting IFs.

On top of that, the next TOTW is probably the lowest rated one so far, so good chances of getting IFs in that week also!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
MikeCorruption

MikeCorruption's Gamercard
Quote:
Good news, there is going to be a Jumbo premium pack happy hour today from 4:00-5:30 pm GMT. As I said, I think those are the best chances of getting IFs.

On top of that, the next TOTW is probably the lowest rated one so far, so good chances of getting IFs in that week also!
i hate to sound stupid, ive only just got into UT this week, but whats a Jumbo Premium Pack?

MikeCorruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
ashleary

Send a message via MSN to ashleary

ashleyleary's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCorruption View Post
i hate to sound stupid, ive only just got into UT this week, but whats a Jumbo Premium Pack?

Quote from a few posts up - not my work.

- Premium Jumbo Gold packs (24 items, 7 rare, 15000 coins)
=> Yes, absolutely buy those. The free rare item compared to two premium gold packs is really good.
- Gold premium player pack (12 players, mostly gold, 3 rare players, 25000 coins)
=> I would say do not buy it. You can open 3 gold premium packs for 22500 where you get 9 players and typically 3 rare players. For the achievement, the IF probability of 3 gold premium packs is therefore the same as for this GPP pack, but you paid less and get a bunch of consumables extra that you can sell for profit.
- Mega Packs (30 items, mostly gold, 18 rare items, 35000 coins)
=> Well, for slightly more money you would get 5 premium gold packs, netting you 15 rare items. The mega pack does seem a good deal then. However you only get 30 items compared to 60 items from five packs. Nevertheless I would say they are a fairly good deal.
- Jumbo rare player pack (24 rare gold players, 100000 coins)
=>The 100k coins are worth 13 premium gold packs from which you would expect around 13 rare players. Therefore I would say achievement wise the 100k pack is a good idea, but you lose a lot of consumables that you can potentially resell nicely.
- Packs with 2x chance
=> Obviously buy when these are on, rare as they are. But don't expect too much from those. Don't discard stuff you could sell for more money just to make room for new packs...
Amstrad CPC 464, Game Boy, SNES, Dreamcast, GBA XBOX, PSP, XBOX 360
Please follow @mouseymessages on Twitter
ashleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
vithzeral

Send a message via ICQ to vithzeral

vithzeral's Gamercard
This is very useful information. I have to say I was lucky in getting this achievement as the first time I won Division 1 I got an IF in the free pack. Only a discard value IF but at least it got the achievement out of the way.

Last year you could pretty much guarantee an IF by opening bronze packs and selling the contents to fund more packs. But this year the IF chance in bronze packs is reduced to a ridiculous level, so as the OP says you have to open gold packs to have any chance.
vithzeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
Rillan

Rillan's Gamercard
Buy only bronze , you can always make your money back with bronze packs so u can open unlimited packs . Two bronze IF this week ...it's the way I did it and the way most of my friends did it.
Rillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #10
DieSel0lz

Diesel0lz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillan View Post
Buy only bronze , you can always make your money back with bronze packs so u can open unlimited packs . Two bronze IF this week ...it's the way I did it and the way most of my friends did it.
So Rillian i have just over 500k saved up just for this damm achievement.Are you saying to do away with gold premuim packs and just buy bronze 400 coin packs untill i get the achievement.Cause thats a lot of packs.
DieSel0lz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
Rillan

Rillan's Gamercard
Just opened a bronze premium gave me 3 players 3 contracts 2 balls and 4 kits, sell the players, contracts and balls min u get is 150 so 150 x 8 is 1200 thats 450 proffit from one pack.

Everyother pack or so you will get a player fitness card 250+ and or a squad fitness card 2000+ you will never lose money on bronze packs .

So you can spend all your 500,000 on gold (as i have done in the past ) and have 66 chances or getting it and you be lucky to have 50 or 60k left or spend 500,000 on bronze and have 666 chances and still have 500k at the end .

Took me over 100 packs took my friend on monday 20 packs just your luck. I would only try this when you have 2+ bronze IF players , you have 2 this week so stark buying packs as it changes tomorrow and god knows when we will have 2 If bronze again.

GL all.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
Morbido

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Just opened a bronze premium gave me 3 players 3 contracts 2 balls and 4 kits, sell the players, contracts and balls min u get is 150 so 150 x 8 is 1200 thats 450 proffit from one pack.

Everyother pack or so you will get a player fitness card 250+ and or a squad fitness card 2000+ you will never lose money on bronze packs .

So you can spend all your 500,000 on gold (as i have done in the past ) and have 66 chances or getting it and you be lucky to have 50 or 60k left or spend 500,000 on bronze and have 666 chances and still have 500k at the end .

Took me over 100 packs took my friend on monday 20 packs just your luck. I would only try this when you have 2+ bronze IF players , you have 2 this week so stark buying packs as it changes tomorrow and god knows when we will have 2 If bronze again.

GL all.
Where as I can completely understand your logic. Bronze packs will not lose you money, golds will. The stat im going to quote below shows you that gold packs are the way to go for an IF

Quote:

Should I rather buy 10 bronze packs or 2 silver packs instead of the gold premium pack?
No, absolutely not. Buy gold premium packs. As there is 5000 silver players compared to 1000 gold players, the probability of getting IFs in silver packs is much smaller than in gold packs. This changes if the ratio of silver to gold players in the TOTW should ever exceed 16:5.
And of course there are usually less Bronze IFs per week than silver.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #13
DieSel0lz

Diesel0lz's Gamercard
[QUOTE=Rillan;5690260]Just opened a bronze premium gave me 3 players 3 contracts 2 balls and 4 kits, sell the players, contracts and balls min u get is 150 so 150 x 8 is 1200 thats 450 proffit from one pack.

I dont understand the math in this statement.I open a bronze premuim pack its cost 750 coins.When i go to quicksell all remaining items in pack i get between 140-160 coins.Thats nearly a 500 coin loss on each pack.
Unless your talking about selling them on the market,but your not going to sell most of the normal bronze players on the market and definatley not going to sell balls and bronze kits.Nobody buys them.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #14
Rillan

Rillan's Gamercard
[quote=DieSel0lz;5690792]
Quote:

I dont understand the math in this statement.I open a bronze premuim pack its cost 750 coins.When i go to quicksell all remaining items in pack i get between 140-160 coins.Thats nearly a 500 coin loss on each pack.
Unless your talking about selling them on the market,but your not going to sell most of the normal bronze players on the market and definatley not going to sell balls and bronze kits.Nobody buys them.
Trust me you will sell the players and the balls I have sold over 1200 bronze players and 50+ balls ppl do buy them
Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #15
DieSel0lz

Diesel0lz's Gamercard
i am doin this right now but it isnt working for me.I have spent 130k on bronze premuim packs alone.While im getting fitness cards and rare players im selling im not getting the IF.Must be at 150 packs by now.Starting to get disheartened,this will be my final push at getting the IF achievement.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #16
Rillan

Rillan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieSel0lz View Post
i am doin this right now but it isnt working for me.I have spent 130k on bronze premuim packs alone.While im getting fitness cards and rare players im selling im not getting the IF.Must be at 150 packs by now.Starting to get disheartened,this will be my final push at getting the IF achievement.
I got 300k u can have if you run out.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #17
DieSel0lz

Diesel0lz's Gamercard
im currently at 330k as im selling bronze cards constantly.Ive done 170k so far,do you think,in your opinion of course,i should just carry on with bronze premuims.Theres only 2 IFs but surely ive got to find 1 eventually.Please hold that 300k for me,I will send you friends request if i run out of money,thank you.
Also if i get achievement i will donate all my coins to the next person.
Last cheevo for me in game.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #18
Morbido

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Three bronzes this week. So if your going to carry on buying bronze packs (not recommended), this week will be the week to do it.

Bronze players, including non rare will sell eventually. Might have to put them up several times tho. As for kits/balls, unless you get a fancy design they wont sell.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #19
DieSel0lz

Diesel0lz's Gamercard
bronze

im at 250k after spending half my money and 9hrs buying bronze premuims yesterday.Dont know if i should carry on with bronze,after todays team change,or cut my loses and buy gold premuims.

I spent 150k on gold premuim packs and my last 100k on bronze tonight after new TOTW release.It did not work again,lost the lot.I now have just 5k left.
What a complete waste of time.

Last edited by DieSel0lz; 04-11-2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: update
Old 04-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #20
ashleary

Send a message via MSN to ashleary

ashleyleary's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Really sucks to see you guys still struggling with this achievement still.

This is purely speculation on my part, but perhaps their might be an end of season special pack once the season finishes? After 200+ pack without a sniff of an IF player, I got 2 from 5 Chinese new year packs.

If you have was of coin might be worth sitting on them for a few Weeks and seein what comes along.

Wish I could help!

If it makes you feel better, ive still not blocked a shot on the line lol.
Amstrad CPC 464, Game Boy, SNES, Dreamcast, GBA XBOX, PSP, XBOX 360
Please follow @mouseymessages on Twitter
ashleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #21
DieSel0lz

Diesel0lz's Gamercard
im done with this crap now.Opened another 120 bronze packs today as theres 3 IF this week.Not a sniff.Spent 350k just on 750 packs............What a joke
Old 04-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #22
ciruzzo86

Stic86's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieSel0lz View Post
im done with this crap now.Opened another 120 bronze packs today as theres 3 IF this week.Not a sniff.Spent 350k just on 750 packs............What a joke
116k worth of bronze packs (after around 300k on gold in the past months), around 200 bronze premium packs open.

nothing.

i won't have my 100% completion for every game i played anymore.
time to grow up

Old 04-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #23
Ned King

It's good that people are giving advice but its just pure luck,I was really lucky that I got the IF player from the 3rd pack I opened but I've opened loads since and got none.
My friend has spent 500 on FIFA points to get a good team and he still hasn't got the achievement.Might sound nuts to most people but he works for a living and can spend his wages on whatever he wants,I wouldn't with my wages lol.
Ned King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #24
itsnotunusual

Go for it guys! With two teams of the season on top of the normal TOTW the chances of getting an IF are basically tripled! Hopefully EA will do some reasonable happy hours! (again, read the original post which packs are a ripoff)
Old 05-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #25
BoxNerd

enracer's Gamercard
Quote:
So now that there is a Silver TOTS is there still no point on buying silver packs?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #26
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxNerd View Post
So now that there is a Silver TOTS is there still no point on buying silver packs?
No. It's not a Silver TOTS, it's a Silver/Bronze TOTS. And seeing as there's a full Gold TOTS as well, the chance of getting an IF in a Gold pack is still the biggest

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #27
BoxNerd

enracer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post
No. It's not a Silver TOTS, it's a Silver/Bronze TOTS. And seeing as there's a full Gold TOTS as well, the chance of getting an IF in a Gold pack is still the biggest
Oh right, thanks
I just hope they leave this TOTS up forever while this game still has online, I hate when achievements can no long be got.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #28
Freewillfour6

Freewillfour6's Gamercard
Anyone got some spare coins? I have wasted 210k so far with no luck at all. Help would be much appreciated and if I get anything good I can return it.
Freewillfour6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #29
dowds08

Dowds08's Gamercard
ok so this week there are a lot of silver totw players, am i better buying the silver premium packs or gold premium packs cz ive got lots of coins saved and need 2 nail this achievement soon, any help would be greatly appreciated
dowds08 is offline   Reply With Quote