PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 3 > Awakened
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Mr Blonde 324

mr blonde 324's Gamercard
last dlc?

what do you guys think? will this be the last dlc for DS3 or has anything else been hinted at?
Mr Blonde 324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
I JUST D0 WORK

GriZzly GRiP's Gamercard
With the way the DLC ended I think that that will be the last DLC for the game. It set up DS4 perfectly
I JUST D0 WORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I JUST D0 WORK View Post
With the way the DLC ended I think that that will be the last DLC for the game. It set up DS4 perfectly
This! It was a fast release (one month after) but I doubt there will be more!

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Think its the only one. Now set up for DS4 despite stupid cancellation rumours.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
M0rpheus

M0rpheus1894's Gamercard
when they were talking about the dlc a month ago, on a lot of sites they were talking about the first dlc will be released in march...
M0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm fine with it if it's the only DLC we get. I love Dead Space but DLC hasn't ever been a stong suit for the franchise.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I think they could quite easily get another DLC out of where they've left the story if they wanted, however it's been left perfectly for Dead Space 4. That plus the hints previously that this would probably be the only one makes me think we won't get anymore.

I'm fine either way. I'd love more DLC but perfectly happy to wait for another full game.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #8
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Anything else would have to happen prior to the end of Awakened imo. I don't want them fucking about with the future story at this point. Take a breath. Work out where you want to go with it, and save it all for DS4.

"Everything we've ever known. It's all hanging by a thread, Garrus."

Razor's EdgeDark WitnessRequiem

Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:07 AM   #9
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rpheus View Post
when they were talking about the dlc a month ago, on a lot of sites they were talking about the first dlc will be released in march...
Source, plz?

For as long as I've heard anything about DLC, I haven't heard anything about more than just Awakened. Right from the get-go, Visceral announced it as the most disturbing Dead Space content ever. But they've also distinctly point out that after Awakened, they had no further plans for DLC.

So most likely what you're referring to is these "sites" referring to Awakened as the "first planned DLC" for Dead Space 3. Maybe implying that there could be more down the line. But like I said. Visceral has stated several times that Awakened was all they had in the pipeline.

Personally? I'd abso-fuckin-lutely LOVE more content. Even if it's just weapon and outfit packs. But I seriously doubt we'll see anything else. They released EVERYTHING that was left with Awakened. All of the preorder and limited edition content (which was a bit of a shock, really), to the marketplace. And that's usually a sign that they're officially done with post-launch support.

But so be it. I'd much rather they focus on Dead Space 4. And just if anyone is curious. I think those "reports" that the franchise was canned by EA were completely unsubstansiated trash. I firmly believe that the future of the series was never once in question. And I think it's a complete joke that so many sites reported this rumor as fact.
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #10
M0rpheus

M0rpheus1894's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
Source, plz?

For as long as I've heard anything about DLC, I haven't heard anything about more than just Awakened. Right from the get-go, Visceral announced it as the most disturbing Dead Space content ever. But they've also distinctly point out that after Awakened, they had no further plans for DLC.

So most likely what you're referring to is these "sites" referring to Awakened as the "first planned DLC" for Dead Space 3. Maybe implying that there could be more down the line. But like I said. Visceral has stated several times that Awakened was all they had in the pipeline.

Personally? I'd abso-fuckin-lutely LOVE more content. Even if it's just weapon and outfit packs. But I seriously doubt we'll see anything else. They released EVERYTHING that was left with Awakened. All of the preorder and limited edition content (which was a bit of a shock, really), to the marketplace. And that's usually a sign that they're officially done with post-launch support.

But so be it. I'd much rather they focus on Dead Space 4. And just if anyone is curious. I think those "reports" that the franchise was canned by EA were completely unsubstansiated trash. I firmly believe that the future of the series was never once in question. And I think it's a complete joke that so many sites reported this rumor as fact.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/dead-sp...rch-12-6404964
can't find the second site for now.... maybe they adjust it & ther's no other dlc? I just remember this one... can be good source, can be a bad source? Let's hope they're wright lol
Old 03-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
ThePumpkinKing

Quote:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/dead-sp...rch-12-6404964
can't find the second site for now.... maybe they adjust it & ther's no other dlc? I just remember this one... can be good source, can be a bad source? Let's hope they're wright lol
Eh... I'd take this with a grain of salt. That article is the only one I've ever seen referring to Awakened as the "first expansion". And I'd call that poor wording before I'd call it a sign of future DLC. If Visceral hadn't come right out and said that Awakened was all they had planned, that'd be one thing. But they didn't. And with the way it closes, it just doesn't make any sense to continue the storyline with DLC.

Though, I will say, that I'd gladly fork over some more cash for DLC that takes place during the SCAF expedition. They made that entire sub-plot interesting enough to warrant more hands-on exploration. But I won't hold my breath.
Resident Evil 5
Old 03-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #12
M0rpheus

M0rpheus1894's Gamercard
lol, yeah srry mate, maybe they can make a storypart somewhere between DS2 & 3? a forgotten part OR not with Isaac, but they showing how his ex (or not lol) & that bastard had problems (refering to chapter4 in DS3) OR a fantasic online multiplayer that will kill this game and will have empty servers in no time (gears judgement next week...)
Old 03-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
ThePumpkinKing

Quote:
lol, yeah srry mate, maybe they can make a storypart somewhere between DS2 & 3? a forgotten part OR not with Isaac, but they showing how his ex (or not lol) & that bastard had problems (refering to chapter4 in DS3) OR a fantasic online multiplayer that will kill this game and will have empty servers in no time (gears judgement next week...)
I'm actually starting to wonder if the Wellers (from Extraction and Severed) will ever be revisited. For Visceral to leave that plot just hanging like that makes little to no sense. Kinda bothers me, now that I think about it. Visceral has created an entire world of lore around the Dead Space franchise. But the most we get in terms of added content is one DLC for each game. There's so much they can expand on. And they don't. They do graphic novels, and animated films, and books. But where the games are concerned. They've really only ever followed Isaac at length. Sure, Extraction and Severed was Weller. And Ignition was Franco and his girlfriend. But they could do so much more. I'd love to see a prequel that follows the events surrounding the discovery of the Black Marker. That'd be just about the best thing ever. Hell, I even think they could expand Dead Space into a sucessful arcade series.

So many opportunities there. All of them just going to waste.
Resident Evil 5
Old 04-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
Dark Anaconda

I think this is the last DLC but i am not sure, i want to trade this game, so i hope there are no more DLC`s.

Is there any confirmation that this is the last DLC?
Dark Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #15
Miss Allen86

Miss Allen86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
This! It was a fast release (one month after) but I doubt there will be more!
God I hope you're wrong.

I don't care if they make up a DLC composed of entirely different characters and story, as long as I get to play more Dead Space.

Maybe if they did a DLC where you play as Ellie or even Captain Norton and experience their side of the story.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more Dead Space!

Join my group - Survival Horror Lovers

Miss Allen86 is offline   Reply With Quote