OG Fire Lord 1's Gamercard
how to link up XBL account

I just change my Game Tag i was trying link up it wont work some one help
FireLord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Go to your User CP. You need more posts though.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
Darkappostle

Darkappostle's Gamercard
Gotta make 5 posts before you can link your gamercard to your account if I'm not mistaken.
Darkappostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You need 5 posts.
Your at 3 right now, so you only need 2 more
Delta3519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #5
sentury111

sentury111's Gamercard
I followed the instructions and entered my gamertag in the control panel but it's not showing. Is there something else you are supposed to do?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:19 AM   #6
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentury111 View Post
I followed the instructions and entered my gamertag in the control panel but it's not showing. Is there something else you are supposed to do?
I don't see the problem. The link under your AV (to the left) worked. So you have it unless I'm missing something
Old 03-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
llanelwy

Llanelwy's Gamercard
What is the reason that you need 5 posts to edit your own profile?
llanelwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
sentury111

sentury111's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta3519 View Post
I don't see the problem. The link under your AV (to the left) worked. So you have it unless I'm missing something
I have a box with an X saying sentury111's gamercard for IE10 and in chrome it's a box with a broken picture. The only thing I see on the left is the 49ers pic.

Some peoples Gamercard show up and others don't. I'm pretty sure I have the latest Java but I'll double check. Same thing happens on my surface some show some don't.

The top right of the screen where it should show your gamercard is a box with an X in it on IE10 and broken pic in chrome.

Any ideas?

EDIT: the only one I see in this thread is dakisbak the rest are the same as my own gamercard. BTW is my signature gamercard showing up for you as well? Seems the coding is correct but the image doesn't show for me in any browser.

Last edited by sentury111; 03-13-2013 at 10:30 PM.
sentury111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #9
TemporalWizard
Guide Team Peon

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
The Gamer Cards aren't currently working. It's a known issue with no known ETA on a fix.
TemporalWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #10
KnightFall47

KnightFall47's Gamercard
thanks this helped, i just changed mine too
KnightFall47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #11
Xx4DxXi

Xx4DxXi's Gamercard
Things not to do

this is annoyin

4 more to post

3 more to post

2 more to post

1 more to post wooooop!!!

thank god for that

yayyyyyyyyyy

mine still not wrkin???

what am i doing wrong!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by troy0891; 03-17-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Newbie spamming
Xx4DxXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #12
troy0891

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891

Bungling Ninja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx4DxXi View Post
what am i doing wrong!!!!
Well, for starters you're spamming and you're double posting like a mad man. These are all violations of the forum rules. You're new so let me point you in the right direction.

I would like you to take a moment to review our forum rules. Knowing and following these rules will not only help you navigate the site, but keep you out of trouble as well. For your convenience, I have copied our forum rules pertaining to spamming:

Quote:
"Don’t Spam. If you have nothing new and constructive to add to a thread...don’t post. If someone has posted an answer or a link, there is no need for a ‘What he said’ post. Don’t spam the New Members board. If you are just going to post a short generic message, don’t bother. Don't make posts like "I agree" or "Thanks for 'X'" as it just clutters up threads.

If Staff feel that your thread isn't adding anything constructive to the site, they will remove it without warning."
You can view the rest of our rules here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=180508

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your cooperation!

ps: I've merged all your previous posts into one. Please heed the forum rules. Further disregard will likely result in infractions and stuff and no one wants that.

There is a known issue with the gamercards appearing on the site. There's not much you can do about that. Find a place to post good contributing posts to get up to your required 5 to edit your profile. Don't know where to go for that? May I suggest checking out the forums for the games you're currently playing? Or our general discussion forums?

Last edited by troy0891; 04-08-2013 at 01:47 PM.
troy0891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:16 AM   #13
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
May I suggest checking out the forums for the games you're currently playing? Or our off topic and general discussion forums?
I thought that posting in the off topic forums does not add to your post count.....
Old 03-18-2013, 03:31 AM   #14
TemporalWizard
Guide Team Peon

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
I thought that posting in the off topic forums does not add to your post count.....
You are correct. Anything in the Off Topic section does not add to post count.
TemporalWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #15
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemporalWizard View Post
You are correct. Anything in the Off Topic section does not add to post count.
I have noticed that posting in the member profiles topics does not add to your post count, yet it's in the general discussion forum. Shouldn't it be in the off topic or some other forum? It just seems like it would make more since to be in one of the other forums.
If this seems silly then just say so, I don't mean to make more work for anyone
Old 03-19-2013, 04:24 AM   #16
EternalHaze

Eternal Haze269's Gamercard
I have now done everything you are supposed to make my gamertag show up. small letters if I had caps, get the five posts. still nothing works. I ended up switching it back to the actual way my gamertag is and that was the only time I can get Gamerscore and games ive played to show up. yet in the top right corner it says I have 77623 G in my profile it says I have 50000 G or something around there but on my xbox and xbox.com im 87678 G.
EternalHaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #17
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalHaze View Post
I have now done everything you are supposed to make my gamertag show up. small letters if I had caps, get the five posts. still nothing works. I ended up switching it back to the actual way my gamertag is and that was the only time I can get Gamerscore and games ive played to show up. yet in the top right corner it says I have 77623 G in my profile it says I have 50000 G or something around there but on my xbox and xbox.com im 87678 G.
The gamer score is broken. No one knows when and IF it will be fixed
Old 03-20-2013, 05:04 AM   #18
PowerArmagedon

PowerArmagedon's Gamercard
So do you have to set gamerscore yourself?
PowerArmagedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #19
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerArmagedon View Post
So do you have to set gamerscore yourself?
For this site, yes. Here is the guide to setting it up http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=233413
But the GT here on the forums is broken and no one knows when and if it will be fixed

Last edited by Delta3519; 03-20-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #20
jonny viper

Jonny Viper's Gamercard
It is so annoying that you have to post 5 times before you can link your XBL account (can you tell this is just to use one of my 5 posts?).
jonny viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
Quote:
For this site, yes. Here is the guide to setting it up http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=233413
But the GT here on the forums is broken and no one knows when and if it will be fixed
It will be. We think it is related to the leaderboards, and since we are fixing those now the gamertags should be an easy step after that.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
Delta3519

Delta3519's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
It will be. We think it is related to the leaderboards, and since we are fixing those now the gamertags should be an easy step after that.
I hope so. It is something I have wanted since starting here
Thanks for the heads up
Old 03-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #23
Monro

HARBINGERR's Gamercard
Im also having the same problem with linking my account which ive been wanting to do for a while until today when i finally registered here! Been using this site for so long but never registered for some reason... Must b a wide spread problem with newcomers and there info not linking up?? Idk.
Monro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #24
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monro View Post
Im also having the same problem with linking my account which ive been wanting to do for a while until today when i finally registered here! Been using this site for so long but never registered for some reason... Must b a wide spread problem with newcomers and there info not linking up?? Idk.
Is this your gamertag? https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=harbingerr

I'm not a magician, the cards are broken (for the millionth time).
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:29 AM   #25
Monro

HARBINGERR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi273 View Post
is this your gamertag? https://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile?gamertag=harbingerr

i'm not a magician, the cards are broken (for the millionth time).
my post was a quick thought about the tags not working not about asking u to perform magic but thanks anyway for lettin me know that you dont do that sort of thing... And (for the millionth time) the cards are broken and obviously by reading my post im aware of there being some problem with them!! So thanks for replying to my post for no reason instead of actually having some useful info about the problem...

Last edited by Monro; 03-30-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Monro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #26
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monro View Post
my post was a quick thought about the tags not working not about asking u to perform magic but thanks anyway for lettin me know that you dont do that sort of thing... And (for the millionth time) the cards are broken and obviously by reading my post im aware of there being some problem with them!! So thanks for replying to my post for no reason instead of actually having some useful info about the problem...
...Because your original post was full of useful info? Seriously, while I appreciate you editing out the portion of your post where you called one my moderators a dick, both of your posts in this thread are completely a waste of space. Perhaps you need to take a deep breath and re-evaluate your ability to post constructively on the forums. While you are at it, you could work on your spelling and grammar as well.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #27
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #28
Garlyle

Garlyle's Gamercard
I was wondering if you could tell me why my stats on the site, don't reflect what they are currently. In the upper right hand corner it says I'm at 41770. When I click on my profile though, the information is even older, saying my score is 29135. When I click on my xbox link though it immediately shows my current score of 53847. Is there any way I can make sure my information is current on this site?

Edit- I'm seeing, on forum posts, that I'm only at 3 posts! I post in the achievement sections, so I guess what I should be asking is how do I make sure my information stays current there?
Garlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #29
troy0891

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891

Bungling Ninja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlyle View Post
I was wondering if you could tell me why my stats on the site, don't reflect what they are currently. In the upper right hand corner it says I'm at 41770. When I click on my profile though, the information is even older, saying my score is 29135. When I click on my xbox link though it immediately shows my current score of 53847. Is there any way I can make sure my information is current on this site?

Edit- I'm seeing, on forum posts, that I'm only at 3 posts! I post in the achievement sections, so I guess what I should be asking is how do I make sure my information stays current there?
Did you even read the rest of this thread? Or any of the dozens of like threads on the forum?

The gamercard module on the site has been broken for a while now. It is a known issue that has had no fix for ages and ages. With the recent/in progress implementation of the leaderboards, we are hoping that issue will be resolved. In the mean time, if you want to ensure your correct gamerscore is displayed with your posts it is recommended that you use a gamercard generating site and paste the code for it into your signature.

Last edited by troy0891; 04-08-2013 at 06:56 PM.
troy0891 is offline   Reply With Quote