The Mile High guide/Discussion

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that video guide in the first post is excellent.

had only attempted a couple of times before watching.

now less than half an hour later I have my 1000g.

completed it on recruit regular and hardened in quick succession before taking on veteran.

found it help to knife toilet guy then hipfire at guy in the doorway throwing the flash over his head.

pop out and spray the guys who are blinded and pick up the P90.

duck and reload and wait, pop the guys hiding round the corners in the T junction. flash the main room then run and lie down to the left. team clears the room. run up the stairs, flash to the right and head back down and up the left stairs. spray the guys.

pause and reload whilst pressed up against the wall in the middle. kill the shotgun guy waiting at the corner then flash the corridor on the right and run out spraying. knife the last unflashed guy and sprint to the doors.

headshot was easier on veteran imo as there is more head to aim for.

If I grab a shotgun to replace my pistol, will I pull out the shotgun once I reach the VIP or does it always default back to the pistol once the door opens and the time slows down? I don't want to finally make it to the VIP and then be forced to pull out my shotgun to try and sharpshoot the terrorist holding him hostage.

It will always go back to your pistol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i finally got 'mile high club!' i've come to the conclusion that people who had an easy time, must've gotton lucky with the squad AI. i did the EXACT same strategy over and over, only thing that changes is how i get screwed over.

it was either half of the enemies dropping into last stand when i hipfire, or squad AI missing obvious targets. some enemies magically stand up halfway thru the flash duration, it was just aggrivating because i won by using the same strategy i used for forever. only thing that changed, is the game decided no BS on that particular run thru.

not to mention i shot the damn VIP TWO TIMES!!! lol the first time it happened last night i nearly cried, then after the second choke i was determined!:p

/rant over

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i finally got 'mile high club!' i've come to the conclusion that people who had an easy time, must've gotton lucky with the squad AI. i did the EXACT same strategy over and over, only thing that changes is how i get screwed over.

it was either half of the enemies dropping into last stand when i hipfire, or squad AI missing obvious targets. some enemies magically stand up halfway thru the flash duration, it was just aggrivating because i won by using the same strategy i used for forever. only thing that changed, is the game decided no BS on that particular run thru.

not to mention i shot the damn VIP TWO TIMES!!! lol the first time it happened last night i nearly cried, then after the second choke i was determined!:p

/rant over

That's your problem - you followed a strategy you saw to the letter.

You should of just got a feel for your own - it took me a couple of attempts once I'd worked out my pattern and *bleep bloop*.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got it this afternoon. Took me about eight tries or so to get it, but it took me over two hours last night of just trying over and over again to the point of frustration too immense to continue playing.

Personally, I killed the guy in the washroom and ran up to shoot the guy in the doorway and took the left path. Other than that I just followed the same strategies and paths as the guys on YouTube. The only way to finish this mission is to get lucky. That's all I've found out.

--PrivateLeFeuvre--

Man after years I went back on this one, I just couldn't leave it at 980 :gsicon:. Did it within 2h. Yessir! :woop:

I used this, so thanks to the uploader:

I just did this in under 45min. Very important hint: don't rush with the headshot!! I didn't notice the timer reset to 4 sec in the end and killed the hostage like 4-5 times cause I thought I had less time >_<

I only used this video, it shows the best path and the places to throw flashbangs. For the rest you just need some luck (I often got killed because I got hit by the toilet guy's dying shots or because my team mates didn't take out the guy in the right in the first room). At the end I flashed and ran and shot 3-4 guys from up close, I died a lot there but most of the time they try to melee you and miss cause you keep running. When you know their positions just start shooting a little before you can see them or they might hit you first.

Personally I found the 9 minute mission in the nuke base on Veteran harder than this one.

Now to kill some tv's and steal some laptops...

• 2 weeks later...

I Admit this was a real though one. There are also a few youtube movies thay might help. You just need to know where to throw the flashbangs. Some say you need to swith to pistol. To be honest that really didnt work for me. I finaly beaten it with only my smg and knife. So i've any has trouble with this too only fucus on where to trow the flashbang and keep you own playstyle.:)

I had been trying to nab this achievement off and on for the last 4 years. Finally, I got it after a good 2 hour stretch of failing. I had even got to the end and ended up shooting the hostage a few times. Knowing where to throw flashbangs is essential.

Here's the video of my run:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OADPOuwtAn8]Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare "Mile High Club" Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Don Jose

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but when you hide behind most walls prone, you can wallbang the enemies. This helped me kill most of the enemies. Like the little wooden wall when the plane shifts.

wow, i was thinking of giving my 100% on COD4 another try this weekend. that video was by far the best ive seen on the mile high club mission, the step by step with pauses and description. for sure getting this done finally! lol

ty for post

Hehe no problem. I helped me a lot. This was so damn frustrating!

• 1 month later...