Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-02-2012, 04:27 AM   #151
Torpid Obzen

Torpid Obzen's Gamercard
Sonofabitch Bethesda

Took me just under 2 hours to get this, I think the game is named Rage ironically for this achievement. But it got easier with practice, and the pause method definitely makes it easier. I learned that pushing A and pause simultaneously screws with the rhythm a bit. If you hit pause straight after, a millisecond or two, it gives the knife time to lift up and gives you a wee bit better gauge of where it is again. The only reason it is difficult is because of when two are adjacent, and you tend to hit either too early or too late, hitting A about a second after pause seemed to get most of these. It DOES get easier when you get the hang of the pause, but fuck, I'd tickle this achievement's nutsack with a chainsaw anyday.
Torpid Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #152
Tex Willer

Thanks a lot for tip!
Stupid nerve-racking game..
Tex Willer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #153
SATYATEX

SATYATEX's Gamercard
Anyone could help me to get it to avoid a stroke or heart attack for a guy who's close to 50 and hasn't the same reflexes as a decade ago? Let me know what u need in favor, if it doesn't require the same reflexes/skills I'll help. Drop me a msg on XBL if u decide to save an old gamer's life...
Old 09-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #154
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thank fucking GOD I never have to do that shit again. I was finally able to get the achievement using your pause method OP. Thanks so much for the awesome tip. I was seriously considering giving up and not going for the 1000 until I saw this. It still took a lot of tries to get it to work. But it finally did. Now I just have to finish up the last few crappy races and my Nightmare run. Then it's on to the co-op and multiplayer.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #155
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
I'm not actually finding this method any easier :s

Actually, let me rephrase that, it's easier, just not any better.

No, I need to rephrase that again, it is easier, and it is better than trying it freely, but it's bringing it's own problems now. Possibly.

At some point whilst I go through round 5 I can guarantee that I'll hit A and start together, and it will show the red dot in the middle of the fingers, but once I restart it will still hit one. It is bullshit to an epic degree. I'm not sure if pausing it is causing it to delay, or if it's just the way the stupid ass piece of crap is designed, but I clearly hit the buttons over the table and it will still hit a finger. Stupid piece of crap.

Things like this make me question the intelligence of the developers sometimes. Seriously, at some point there must have been a general agreement that this horrible mini game that doesn't seem to work properly was a good idea to add. Did nobody after that bother to actually test it perhaps? Which brain sick gonad actually thought it would be a good idea. I think the only games where I've never once said 'my god, that is just plain bad, why did they add it in?' are Elder Scrolls ones. Every other game I've played this generation has had something that makes me ask 'why?' because its clearly a bad idea.

Edit: Finally got it using the pause method, but with a little twist. If any of you are having the same problem I did when using the pause method (sometimes your A button presses don't register) try flipping your pad upside down for round 5. I found that it was screwing up for me because when pressing both buttons, I was slightly quicker with my left thumb. flipping the pad upside down puts your left thumb on A and right thumb on start, meaning that, if like me your left thumb was slightly faster, you'll always be getting button press in before pause. Doing it this way I got it on my 2nd try, and I only screwed up the first try because my timing was bad, my button presses counted every time.

Also, in case anyone worried about this, because you're pressing both buttons every time, there's no risk of getting it mixed up if you play it with the pad flipped.

I still want to give Id a 2 fingered f-you because of this achievement though.

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.

Last edited by Grummy; 09-10-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #156
DeafSunchaser

MrSunchaser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
FUCKING HELL FIRE!!!!!! lol thanks for this game worked 1st time!! after at least an hour trying!!

BF2142

DeafSunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #157
el_pieablo

el pieablo's Gamercard
Serioulsy I have been trying for this for days(not all days only a couple of goes each time back at city) and get to the final round each time and still cannot get it. I have tried the pause method mentioned above and still cant get it. Looks like this and Jackpot wont be got

100K GS 10.06.2011(uk) - Old School - Saw 2: Flesh and Blood

el_pieablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #158
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I am truly in your debt for posting this method, i was about to go insane trying to get this achievement.

Fuck this minigame.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:30 AM   #159
srhdt

Thanks for this. Seriously one of the hardest achievements I ever tried to get.
srhdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #160
Old Books

old books's Gamercard
JOY, JOY, JOY!! FINALLY unlocked it. But only thanks to pause + A. Great guide by pwningyoursoul but, like others have mentioned, pause needs to be pressed like 2 milliseconds after rather than at the same time. Makes the world of difference! Can no get on and enjoy playing through the campaign and Scorchers DLC on ultra nighmare! :-D
Old Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #161
1mpr3gn4t0r

Hmm, there seems to be a weird lag for me. The knife move ever so slightly after I press the button, making this extremely difficult. Sort of like playing Guitar Hero when the calibration is off. I press the button when the red is on the finger, and this lets me complete level 1.

I can't even get past the very first section of level 2 - 1,2,1,3... I tried the pause+A and I still can't get it.
1mpr3gn4t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:42 AM   #162
TheSaferHouse

TheSaferHouse's Gamercard
Thanks for posting this method, worked like a charm!
TheSaferHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #163
E vee dub

Send a message via AIM to E vee dub

E vee dub's Gamercard
Merci

Yup! This gets the job done!

Pausing was the way to do it.

Nice!

RAGE 1000/1000G, Mar 31st 2013

NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
RALEIGH, N.C.
"CLASS OF 2005"
"THE WOLFPACK"

Last edited by E vee dub; 03-31-2013 at 06:54 AM.
E vee dub is offline   Reply With Quote