Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #271
Jonlizardking

Jonlizardking's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
I'm no fan of season passes, day 1 DLC and DLC disc, but it's harsh to lump DS3 in with games that do that (apologies if you aren't doing that, it just comes across that way to me). The DLC available from day 1 is actually just pointless items. Extra weapons, suits etc. Not like it's full DLC with achievements. And Awakened wasn't on this disc already, plus no season pass for DS3.

Can't say the speed increase bothered me that much. Made it more of a challenge in some places but that's a good thing I think.
In a way I kinda was lumping it in there. I get really bothered by online passes. I mean, we already have to pay to play online, and now if we don't buy a game new, we have to buy codes to play it. My first time experiencing this was Mass Effect 2, and thought it was cheap, now lots of games are like that. DS3 wasn't as offensive as having Javik as a day one DLC character for ME3. I know RE5 Versus mode was already on disc, so I assume other devs do that as well.

And as a correction, I meant online passes, not season passes lol
Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #272
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlizardking View Post
In a way I kinda was lumping it in there. I get really bothered by online passes. I mean, we already have to pay to play online, and now if we don't buy a game new, we have to buy codes to play it. My first time experiencing this was Mass Effect 2, and thought it was cheap, now lots of games are like that. DS3 wasn't as offensive as having Javik as a day one DLC character for ME3. I know RE5 Versus mode was already on disc, so I assume other devs do that as well.

And as a correction, I meant online passes, not season passes lol
Ah, that makes more sense then. Yes I hate online passes, but I guess they've done their job with me because I refuse to buy online-pass games second hand. Although, with most, buying new is still cheaper anyway unless the game is really new.

Other devs do put DLC on disc then release the DLC a month down the line, Visceral didn't with DS3 though, Awakened was a 1.14GB download.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #273
jpace731

DoubleOh Sl3v1n's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterk73 View Post
and ive heard it debated that they have to pay a rental license to the publishers but i dont know how true that is..
When people buy the used games from gamefly they get the codes that came in the box. I got the Cerberus network when I got ME 2 from them.
jpace731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #274
Madame Kennedy

makeSHIFTxNine's Gamercard
I've yet to get the Scavenger Bot achievement and I've deployed my bots on probably 30+ successful scavenges lol. Suppose it's a glitch.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #275
Reb

Marrilyn's Gamercard
Dark Souls

Dark souls pissed me off so much! You die from 1-2 hits, and lose all your souls. Don't get me wrong, it was a great game, but damn, it was challenging!
Reb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #276
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Kennedy View Post
I've yet to get the Scavenger Bot achievement and I've deployed my bots on probably 30+ successful scavenges lol. Suppose it's a glitch.
Probably obvious but are you sure you are dropping them in the right places? When you get the pulsing rings on the display?
Also, are they all in the same save file? Pretty sure some of the achievements don't track between save files, so you'd need 10 on the same playthrough.
If yes then it's either your progress being reset each time you quit the game and load it up again, or some other unfortunate bug.
What does the "Achievements" page in the pause menu say for that achievement?

If the counter simply isn't going up then try clearing your cache and download the update again. If that doesn't work clear your cache but decline the update. If your progress is being reset each time you quit the game then you'll have to find 10 bot spots in 1 sitting.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #277
x410xDragon
Banned User

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebyfive200 View Post
Really don't like universal ammo, survival horror is suppose to be guns with limited ammo but then again this watered down survival horror.
That is where I am going to stop you; yes, universal ammo may have "watered down survival horror" however, that aspect was brilliant considering it saves you inventory space, and last time I checked people where complaining about inventory space.

Not sure if it has ever happened to you,but I have had instances(in previous Dead Space games) where I have had too much ammo in my inventory, and had to drop ammo or perhaps TK'ing ammo to a safe in order to pick up Health, Schematics, or even Statis Packs when needed without sacrificing ammo.

This accounts for: Impossible on Dead Space and even Hard Core on Dead Space 2

Now I am more than likely going to sound like an ass for saying this, but maybe, you should hit your targets limbs then you'd realize that if you did, you would have a lot of spare ammo. You understand where I am coming from? The Universal Ammo is not a bad thing and it saves space! Though I have noticed the games' intention of wanting me to use Statis as I have a ton of Statis Packs during the course of Dead Space 3.

Sorry if I sounded like an ass, but I think it is a nice addition to the game.
x410xDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #278
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Gone through chapter 14 several times looking for the final weapon part (13/14) and still nada. Looks like my counters glitched because I'm referring to a video guide whilst I do it.

Looks like I finish with 57/58 because starting a new save file just for the sake of picking shit up isn't my idea of fun.

Gun Collector; the one that got away. After doing HXC legit it's pretty funny that this is the achievement that fucks me over.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #279
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Of 87 View Post
Gone through chapter 14 several times looking for the final weapon part (13/14) and still nada. Looks like my counters glitched because I'm referring to a video guide whilst I do it.

Looks like I finish with 57/58 because starting a new save file just for the sake of picking shit up isn't my idea of fun.

Gun Collector; the one that got away. After doing HXC legit it's pretty funny that this is the achievement that fucks me over.
Did you check Co-op because that's a co-op mission
Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #280
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Drew up a list of all the gun parts in chapter 14 and went through them again.

One last time.

No really, I can quit anytime. I'm not addicted.

It was the Full Zoom Scope in the main chapter.

The collectible video starts here, and my orinentation's great, I know where this is instantly. All previous times I see the weapon part and think "Well, no fucking way I missed that." and turned it off before the message flashed up on screen. This time I didn't. Revelations followed. You beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys19QXjHW8M#t=5m52s

Bitching rescinded.

New bitch: The Dig Deep Suit is nearly identical to the Flight Suit. :/
Never satisfied.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #281
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Of 87 View Post
New bitch: The Dig Deep Suit is nearly identical to the Flight Suit. :/
Never satisfied.
I agree with you on that but I like the Earth Gov Suit
Old 04-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #282
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
Anyone else feel the game dragged on too long? Or maybe just the alien city was really boring. By the time i got there i had to force myself to get through and see the piss easy final boss with the awful ending.

Fun at first but just didn't enjoy it like the previous two.

mr wong tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #283
x410xDragon
Banned User

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wong tong View Post
Anyone else feel the game dragged on too long? Or maybe just the alien city was really boring. By the time i got there i had to force myself to get through and see the piss easy final boss with the awful ending.

Fun at first but just didn't enjoy it like the previous two.
It was good,however, dragged away from its roots from the first installment. Playing the first installment still makes me jump even though I know something is there and expect it. The Second Dead Space was brilliant also, as it was scary, in my opinion, as it added a bit of narrative, plus the scare factor; Dead Space 3, however, did not do this. They can give Issac a voice, sure, however they messed up on what made the first two titles SO great, the "I am alone aspect in Space."

What Dead Space 3 lacks in story makes up in the bench. However, I may be the only one here, but I preferred the bench separate from the store and only be used to upgrade weapons,rig, and so forth. The game gives you suits(for free) that lack any utility to use other than for seer looks. What the first title did right was when you upgraded your RIG, Suit, you saw the 'evolution' in the upgraded armor with the percentage going up and more things added, such as: the helmet changing and the rings of armor increasing. The second game did not do this,however, gave distinctive abilities as a bonus to wearing the suit - which was amazing.

In all honesty, if they are making a forth title for the Dead Space series, they need to stick to their roots. Trying to impress another genre of gamers is not going to improve profit, as proven with Dead Space 3 sales. I am not an expert at the least, I however, know they can do it! If Co-op is going to be in this next title they need to make me scared while playing co-op and make me stay on my toes while playing Single player.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #284
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x410xDragon View Post
In all honesty, if they are making a forth title for the Dead Space series, they need to stick to their roots. Trying to impress another genre of gamers is not going to improve profit, as proven with Dead Space 3 sales.
I agree completely. If I wanted to get into shootouts with generic human enemies then I would have bought Call of Duty, not Dead Space. The new weapon upgrade/combo system was a nice touch. Too bad it was about as scary as the last two Resident Evil installments, heh...
Old 04-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #285
samjpulley

bullsbehad's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebyfive200 View Post
before anyone makes some BS up, companies get money from games rental but you can't play online

This is very true, I was a Store Manager at a Movie/Game rental company, and we paid an obscene amount for games from the publisher...some times over $80 if it was hot...then we either sold them used or returned them to the company once the rental frenzy died down after 30-45 days.

The Passes are clearly there to prevent rental companies from doing this, but I think it kills the market. We already pay for Xbox gold...then to buy a pass too...kinda BS...but I get why it's done, I just think it happens at the expense of the multi-player community. Will be currious to see how next gen changes all of this...I fear it won't be for the better.
samjpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #286
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
I didn't like the bench at all because I'm a plasma cutter only guy. Making those weapons when i went after achievements was cool but I'd honestly just prefer the game to give me a select few to stick with.

And i came back because i had to say Jesus Christ this game is driving me nuts. 4 PLAY THROUGHS WHERE I CAN'T SKIP CUT SCENES. What were they thinking. I mean Jesus if i didn't use the usb trick and died to a fucking falling rock which i usually always do and would have to watch it all a fifth time i would have snapped the bloody disk.

mr wong tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #287
Emzx99
Banned User

Emzx99's Gamercard
Whining about inventory space? What the fuck is the point of survival if you can carry every bloody thing you see you moron? Possibly the most stupid person I've seen on this forum.
Emzx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #288
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
overall the game was good, but there are a few things I didn't like, of course the whole microtransacctions... pointless, but mostly the auto saves.. because of those auto saves I lost my save file in which I had found all the artifacts, so I had all the suits... it sucks
Old 05-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #289
Mr McNubs

Mr McNubs's Gamercard
Don't know if I should get this game, looks like the achievements are ridiculously hard as balls.
Mr McNubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #290
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr McNubs View Post
Don't know if I should get this game, looks like the achievements are ridiculously hard as balls.
They really aren't that hard at all. I thought the first game was much more difficult and Hardcore in this game is a joke compared to DS2. If you ensure that you will be able to use the Devil Horns in your additional playthroughs then 100% should be a cake walk.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #291
SHawk996

shawk996's Gamercard
I'm the pot calling the kettle black, as I hate people who claim glitched achievements when they really aren't.

But the fvucking drill sergeant acheivement is glitched...for me.

I've done that stupid thing 15 times with no luck.

-I use the devil horns
-I do NOT totally destroy the drill. I complete all 3 waves
-I've tried using a healthback to verify I didn't lose health, I've tried not even trying to use a health pack, etc etc.
-I NEVER get hit. Ever.
-I've waited in the elevator for a few minutes, played the story for the next 5 minutes, etc etc.

Total bullshit.

AND I HATE MP ACHIEVEMENTS. Aside from the drill sergeant and finishing my hardcore play through, the rest of my achievements are depend upon someone else. I can't stand that.
100k - Aug 9th 2012
Gamerscore goal complete...working on my completion percentage now.
Looking to boost: Gears 3, Rainbow Six Vegas
SHawk996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #292
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHawk996 View Post
I'm the pot calling the kettle black, as I hate people who claim glitched achievements when they really aren't.

But the fvucking drill sergeant acheivement is glitched...for me.
It was glitched for a lot of people. Check the forums. There are several threads, including [this one], that mention the fix. Just get hit, die, and reload.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #293
LostSoul 301281

LostSoul 301281's Gamercard
Just going to bitch about the checklist on this site.
I'm still missing 140 points from my game as the site won't save certain achievements once I select them.
These are:
Stranger in a Strange Land
Space Odyssey

True Believer
Get to the Chopper

I've only actually got 2 achievements to get(Axes High and Aren't You Thankful).

No matter how many times I try, those 4 achievements just won't save to my list.
LostSoul 301281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:26 AM   #294
x410xDragon
Banned User

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr McNubs View Post
Actually, not at all. The achievements for Dead Space 3 are particularly easy compared to the first installment. However, the annoying aspect is that you have to play through multiple times on different difficulties for certain achievements. Although, it was not a bad game.

Last edited by x410xDragon; 06-15-2013 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Oh you know, my computer.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #295
LostSoul 301281

Yeah, I'd say that if you've managed to at least get most of the achievements from the previous games, you shouldn't have too much trouble with this one.
I'd recommend doing all the main achievements before attempting Awakening.
Especially because it's easier to do the Devil's Hand work around without Awakening as you have to delete the DLC as well as the update for the work around to actually work.
And of course having the DH for Hard Core and Pure Survival makes those difficulties far more bearable.
It's just a shame that you have to use the damn work around in the first place.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #296
x410xDragon
Banned User

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul 301281 View Post
Just going to bitch about the checklist on this site.
I'm still missing 140 points from my game as the site won't save certain achievements once I select them.
These are:
Stranger in a Strange Land
Space Odyssey

True Believer
Get to the Chopper

I've only actually got 2 achievements to get(Axes High and Aren't You Thankful).

No matter how many times I try, those 4 achievements just won't save to my list.
I may know what your problem is. Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but I am positive you have to do some of those on one separate play through. The "Axes High" are counting,but on that particular save file. It will not carry over onto other play-throughs. For example: if you are playing on Normal difficulty and you have 28/30 counting for "Axes High", but start Survivalist difficulty it wipes it clean to 0/30.

I have finished the game 100% for awhile now and I and several others had this same issue like you. If you need a further explanation or need a HardCore partner(makes it a bit easier), shoot me a request. Good luck!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #297
LostSoul 301281

Quote:
Originally Posted by x410xDragon View Post
I may know what your problem is. Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but I am positive you have to do some of those on one separate play through. The "Axes High" are counting,but on that particular save file. It will not carry over onto other play-throughs. For example: if you are playing on Normal difficulty and you have 28/30 counting for "Axes High", but start Survivalist difficulty it wipes it clean to 0/30.

I have finished the game 100% for awhile now and I and several others had this same issue like you. If you need a further explanation or need a HardCore partner(makes it a bit easier), shoot me a request. Good luck!
I've yet to get that achievement(Axes High), and I'm aware the count doesn't carry over to different save files.

My issue is with checking off my achievements on this site.
Every time I check off every achievement I've got and then select save at the bottom of the page, it reloads and deselects the same 4 achievements.
I've even tried just selecting all achievements, including the ones I've yet to complete, and then saving, and it still deselects the same 4, making the list incomplete.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #298
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul 301281 View Post
My issue is with checking off my achievements on this site.
Every time I check off every achievement I've got and then select save at the bottom of the page, it reloads and deselects the same 4 achievements.
I've even tried just selecting all achievements, including the ones I've yet to complete, and then saving, and it still deselects the same 4, making the list incomplete.
That tends to happen whenever they add DLC to a list you've been using. The fix is posted [here] among other places.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #299
Emzx99
Banned User

Emzx99's Gamercard
I don't know if this is the right place but the achievement checklist doesn't work.
Emzx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #300
LostSoul 301281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buruma View Post
That tends to happen whenever they add DLC to a list you've been using. The fix is posted [here] among other places.
Brilliant! That worked perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzx99 View Post
I don't know if this is the right place but the achievement checklist doesn't work.
Go to your achievement list and delete Dead Space 3.
Do not just disable it, delete it completely, and then go back to the achievement list for it and re-enable DS3 and check of the achievements you have.
It works as I've just done exactly that.