PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
xXSauliuSXx

ArkhmInmate0801's Gamercard
Will the Army of Two: 40th Day USB method work to fix 'Payday!'?

I have used the achievement solution on trueachievements.com to help many people unlock Payday!, so I have a clear understanding of what the requirements are for this achievement. Unfortunately the achievement won't unlock for me; I assume this is because I started the multiplayer in 2009.

I heard people saying the the Army of Two: The 40th Day USB method for resetting online stats could work for Ghostbusters (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=216808)

Has anyone tried this with success? If so, please explain how you did it.
Thx

xXSauliuSXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
Clockman89

Rurik Krychek's Gamercard
It's an interesting theory, but I suppose the question would be: Does Army of Two's online stats get held on your X-Box or on their servers? If it is on AoT's servers then it's entirely possible. If it is held on your X-Box, then I don't think the same trick would work. Ghostbuster's online stats are held on their servers.

I might give it a try later, it should be no problem to get Egon's Guinea Pig in the matter of ten minutes.
Clockman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
xXSauliuSXx

Yes, Army of Two:T4D saves all stats on the server, not on the Xbox. Please let me know if you are able to successfully unlock Egon's Guinea Pig.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
Clockman89

Hm. Definite possibility then. I'm going to finish up what I'm doing on WWE 13 and I'll give it a try.

Update: I'm having difficulty with the moving / downloading profile to USB portion for some reason. I'm going to keep trying, however.

Update 2: It did not work for me. Once I checked online stats and it still showed all my stats I was dubious that it would work, but I tried for Egon's Guinea Pig anyway and it did not unlock.

Last edited by Clockman89; 01-09-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 AM   #5
xXSauliuSXx

Ok, thanks. I actually tried too, but I was using a Games On Demand copy rather than a disk. Same result as you; no luck.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #6
Clockman89

Indeed.

I've heard of if a fresh gamertag--I.E. no gamerscore on it at all--gets an achievement that is glitched for you while you're in the game with that gamertag (As in playing with someone playing that account) it'll unlock for you. I haven't attempted it yet as I'm wary on spending money for it (and I don't know if it would work with multiple glitched achievements or if you can only do one per fresh tag).
Old 01-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
RIVE

Send a message via MSN to RIVE

RIVE XNGLE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockman89 View Post
Indeed.

I've heard of if a fresh gamertag--I.E. no gamerscore on it at all--gets an achievement that is glitched for you while you're in the game with that gamertag (As in playing with someone playing that account) it'll unlock for you.
That sounds like a Second Profile Glitch. I've been meaning to test different SPG methods out but haven't worked out a time since my second account belongs to my nephew.

As for the Army of Two method, it has been discussed on this forum once before, and has proven not to work. You're welcome to make it work though.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
Clockman89

Hm. Well keep us informed of the second profile glitch if you attempt it. I also keep meaning to attempt it, but it's a big hassle for me to get an account up and running on X-Box Live (long story, no point in sharing).

Maybe I'll try it this weekend if someone else hasn't by then.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #9
Rage66

x Inflames80 x's Gamercard
so after using the Army of Two USB Method... have you tried earning the Achievement again ? or have you just logged in hoping for a *POP* ?

The Onlinestats for Ghostbusters are Stored on the Server so your Online Stats are not affected by this Method... BUT your Achievement Progress is Stored on your PROFILE! So maybe yeah MAYBE this Method works? you guys should give it a Go.

so i really would like to know if this works... I never started this on my Profile because i want a 100% completion Profile so i've played the Game on a Dummie Profile.
Rage66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:26 AM   #10
Clockman89

After doing the AoT style reset I actually attempted to get Egon, not simply hoping it would pop.

From what I gather so long as you have not beaten story, and have not played the game on your profile pre-patch nothing glitches. I did both, so I've got a lot glitched.

Still keep meaning to try the second profile glitch. Has anyone tried and confirmed it works?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
Clockman89

I am saddened to report that the second profile glitch did not work when 'I nakedLee I' and myself attempted it the other day.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
Shdwwrym

Shdwwrym's Gamercard
Thank you for attempting it, I was waiting to see your results before I decided what to do in this game.

Looking For Elliott's Portrait in Fable 3!

Message me if you're organizing something in multiplayer for Red Dead Redemption!
Shdwwrym is offline   Reply With Quote