PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #61
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
cheers.

as you have reached prestige 3, once get there when is the best point to start buying anything? i have read that you need to be level 58, so do you buy everything when you reach level 58?
Well I was going to buy everything once I hit LV58 but I couldn't resist haha. I had +280.000 Salvage (already all chars unlocked) and just started buying everything like crazy. So go ahead on a shopping spree!

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #62
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureRuby View Post
Monkey Around 15
Survived 3 times in multiplayer by using the rope ascender.

Online private match boostable (2 people needed)
This can all be done in one session with a partner. Stand at the bottom of the rope and have the other person shoot you until you are low on health. Now jump up on the rope and hold . Get back to that point and repeat until you get the achievement. The damage must be by another player and not by yourself (this means you cannot use explosions or fire that you cause).
Just wanted to let you know that you can unlock this solo, it worked for me just now. I was on the beach level and I stood on the fire until my screen turned grey, then ran for the zip line. Did this twice more and it unlocked.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #63
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Just wanted to let you know that you can unlock this solo, it worked for me just now. I was on the beach level and I stood on the fire until my screen turned grey, then ran for the zip line. Did this twice more and it unlocked.
Maybe I was not injured enough. I tried like 8 times. So maybe it has to be like grey everywhere. I thought I had myself pretty close to death.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #64
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I had the same problem at first but you need to stand on the fire long enough so that the screen goes grey and the sound becomes muffled. I even stood on the fire to take one more hit after that before running for the zip line.

Maybe if someone else can test this, but it definitely unlocked in solo for me?
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #65
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I had the same problem at first but you need to stand on the fire long enough so that the screen goes grey and the sound becomes muffled. I even stood on the fire to take one more hit after that before running for the zip line.

Maybe if someone else can test this, but it definitely unlocked in solo for me?
It definately works, it's how I got the achievement. Just know you can stay on that fire for a long time, like twenty-five seconds or something ridiculous and then go up the zip line. The only issue is that is doesn't always register, I probably did it about five times before the achievement unlocked.

What you should note in that achievement description is that you have to be using a Solarii character as survivors can't do the same thing on the zipline.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #66
ttdrevan

o Revan x's Gamercard
I can also confirm this, just got Monkey Around by damagind yourself 3 times in a row by standing in burning tires on Beach map. Your screen needs to be gray with heartbeat sound, stand for 2 more seconds then quickly run to zip line.

Revan's 1000/1000+ Games
Call of Duty 2, Fable II, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Assassin's Creed 2, The Force Unleashed, Modern Warfare 2, Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3, Prince of Persia (2008)
ttdrevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #67
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
All right, I'll put that as an alternate method. Thanks for confirmation

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #68
KnightOfTruth

Slye Knight's Gamercard
Just wanted to say "Thanks" - noticed that this thread moved a ways down on the forum, and figured I'd move it back up to where it belongs. Now if it'll just get stickied we won't have to search for it

Currently looking for Online Boosting help with:
Mortal Kombat vs. DC, SSFIV, BF:BC1, AC:Brotherhood
(if you see a game in my played list, I can probably still help you with it)
KnightOfTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #69
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTruth View Post
Just wanted to say "Thanks" - noticed that this thread moved a ways down on the forum, and figured I'd move it back up to where it belongs. Now if it'll just get stickied we won't have to search for it
Well that's really nice of you but there is a reason why Tyger7 has sticked a specific thread like this, might want to look out for these in future:

--> Useful Links and Guides (Click for Link!)

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #70
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTruth View Post
I may very well just sticky both guides. They are both rich with good content and there's no reason we can't have mulitple stickied. They are different writing styles and that gives you a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Well that's really nice of you but there is a reason why Tyger7 has sticked a specific thread like this, might want to look out for these in future:

--> Useful Links and Guides (Click for Link!)
Yes, Blaze has it down

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #71
Tubby 94

Tubby94's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Great Guide, Thanks

Retail Games completed: 146

Arcade games completed:75

Tubby 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #72
Mad Serg

Send a message via ICQ to Mad Serg

Mad Serg's Gamercard
I finished the game and have some questions.
First, i missed deadeye ach. Where i can do it?
And second. Former Adventurer. I killed|damged like 50 people and still don't have it. Press A and Y and Lara putts arrow in the leg/head of enemy. What i make wrong?
Mad Serg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:56 AM   #73
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Serg View Post
I finished the game and have some questions.
First, i missed deadeye ach. Where i can do it?
And second. Former Adventurer. I killed|damged like 50 people and still don't have it. Press A and Y and Lara putts arrow in the leg/head of enemy. What i make wrong?
Deadeye can be obtained afterwards. Fast travel and search for the extra people running around (best in Shantytown).

For Adventurer, I believe it has to end up in the knee. The head is an instant kill. You have to time it differently to get them in the knee. Press the Y button quicker. Letting it go too long results in instant death for them.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-21-2013, 02:51 AM   #74
David589

No no false alarm they are really gone. 10th
David589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #75
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureRuby View Post
Shopaholic 20
Purchased all upgrades and characters in multiplayer.

To get everything upgraded and all purchase characters in multiplayer, you will have to reach level 60. You will need a lot of salvage in order to get everything. There is an update coming to make The General a free character, meaning you will not have to prestige 3 times . Will update after patch. Once you get to 60, do not prestige.

Play the Rescue Mode and just keep capturing the kits to give yourself easy experience and salvage.

Gametype: Rescue
Faction: Survivors
Kits: 20
Time: 20 minutes
Map: Underground

You can go to the link HERE which has a video and instructions. Thanks to D0pe B0i for clarifying the information and testing it.

Check the link below to learn about a way to get the achievement before the patch comes out.

Buying General before Prestige 3 by Ty-Rex

Just thought I'd throw it out there if it matters to anyone, but if you have the Caves and Cliffs map pack, the Cliffs map is a really good one to grind out XP too. It's super-small, all the medkits are pretty direct to get to, the first eight kits always spawn in the same locations (meaning you can start towards the next before it spawns), it's easy getting all 20 in under 8 minutes (without ever sprinting (with sprinting, under 7 minutes)), and depending on how lucky you get, two of the locations can result in easy long/medium double carries (where you intentionally drop the kit and pick it back up for 700 points total instead of the normal 500 from just the single long carry, resulting in an extra 2-3k per round (specifically, in the tunnel below the drop-off location, there is a snare trap right next to one of the kit spawn locations. If you set it, any time you reach it in bringing back the kit from either of the two locations that are down below, if you intentionally drop the kit, you'll get either a long or medium carry, with the other coming after you pick it up and make it to base)).

With a little luck, you can get 30k XP and 1k salvage per Survivor round, and as a Solarii, doing a salvage gathering circuit, hitting five of the six crates every 1 minute spawn (two on the upper ground ledge, two on the windmill and one at the bottom of the zip-lines (then back to the ledge)), you can get ~1k salvage per minute.

Last edited by jswartz0181; 03-25-2013 at 05:32 AM.
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #76
Raining Light

Decaying Light's Gamercard
I got monkey around solo as well.
If you stay in the fire till you hold your stomach,
then run to the zip line.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:21 AM   #77
lowernest

Ernest Low's Gamercard
Great guide.

One question though, where would be the best location to find birds to kill? The beach works but the seagulls always seem to fly above the water

lowernest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:23 AM   #78
Furryvision78
Banned User

Furryvision78's Gamercard
For i'm all that just start a ranked game wait for someone to get killed and pull and replace your ethernet as fast as possible. Reconnect to live asap and 20 secs later you'll get the win.
Furryvision78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #79
XbLWinston

XbL Winston's Gamercard
The general glitch is not working for me. The update may of fixed this?
XbLWinston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:42 PM   #80
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XbLWinston View Post
The general glitch is not working for me. The update may of fixed this?
Nope, you obviously did something wrong. looks like you have to wait for the general to become free. if that ever happens.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:21 PM   #81
LaserPanther

How do I rope pull armored enemies?

How can I rope pull enemies later in the game? I'm at the beach level right now, where you have to find Alex. It doesn't seem to work anymore since they all have armor.

Can I still get the "Get over here!" achievement? If not, I think it should be added to the list of missable achievements.
LaserPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #82
Hammodi

Hammodi's Gamercard
Hit me up for doing all MP Achievements

GT: Hammodi
Old 04-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #83
Farbodkain

Farb0dkain's Gamercard
hi everyone . i hope someone here can answer of this 2Q.i want to know after the finish the game is it possible to get these achievement "
Get Over Here! 20 5 enemies rope pulled off edges. Down and Dirty 15 15 finishers performed. Deadeye 20 10 enemies shot off zip lines. Former Adventurer 20 25 enemies incapacitated with dodge counter"?
I killed a lot of people with rifle (by HeadShot) but can't get this one" Equalizer 10 75 enemies killed with the rifle" yet.is it glitch?(I don't update game yet).
I really appreciate for your answer
Farbodkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:32 AM   #84
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
So even though it's a private match, it can't be local splitscreen? is that right?
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #85
III Gray III

III Gray III's Gamercard
Great guide , helped loads , thank you
III Gray III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #86
ADenton109

ADenton109's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide great help.

Most Recent: Tomb Raider [1000]
ADenton109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #87
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member troy0891 x360a and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Tomb Raider Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

I don't mind. Forget it. There's nothing to lose
But my mind and all the things I wanted

Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:22 AM   #88
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great guide. Thanks as always!

I was an idiot and even though I read the description for chatterbox and had it highlighted in my printout, it totally did not occur to me as I started playing. Didn't realize it until I already missed the first two convos. Lol.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #89
Lordji

Send a message via MSN to Lordji

Lordji's Gamercard
Great guide but i would have added that there are far more missable achievement than written. Because at the end of the game, you've got a few respawns but once you kill them you don't have anybody out there anymore.

I know some people have been having some respawn but I didn't, even though I followed every guide I could find out there. To me this is not something repeatible so people should be warned not to oversee those combat related achievements on their run. Else they'll have to start a new game.

Cheers.
Lordji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #90
batsman13 ateam

Batsman13 ATeam's Gamercard
10 hours for muliplayer? Somethings not right here

Maybe that was possible when you could get the general early, but not that you have to prestige twice and level up to 58 again i really dont see how this is possible in 10 hours
batsman13 ateam is offline   Reply With Quote