PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3 > Citadel
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
Bugs264

sedaterial's Gamercard
Talking The One and only made easy

I just found a really easy way to get this achievement as well as the one for scoring 9999 points.

all you have to do is play all three rounds on the lowest difficulty until there is only one enemy left. once you are down to the one enemy, change difficulties to normal and kill him off. the game will consider you beating it on normal and grant you the achievement.

for the 9999 one, do the same thing but add all multipliers to the game and choose super elite or mirror images again and repeat the same process.
Bugs264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Old Books

old books's Gamercard
Just tried this and it definately works. Great find man! Makes everything a cakewake!

Just a note, I did this for the 9999 challenge with super elites and reapers using 3 negative modifiers; my final score was around 15,000 so you don't even need to unlock a massive amount of stuff. Thanks again!

Last edited by Old Books; 03-06-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Addition
Old Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
Bugs264

sedaterial's Gamercard
not a prob, thought it was bizarre that it worked. was going for the technical issues one and had it on easy, switched it to normal on a whim after going through three rounds on the final match and the 9999 one popped. Thought it was the technical issues one until the next round started.

first i thought it was an odd glitch, so i tested it with the One and Only and that one popped after beating the last guy as well.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nothing should be hard with an engineer spamming turrets and drones. But I think I will try your method when I get there.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Good find. I did those normally yesterday, but since I want these final trophies on the PS3 version, I'll use this method. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Worked like a charm. I will add that you can actually do the entire fight on Narrative including killing the last enemy alive and right after you do so, pause the game and switch to Normal difficulty or higher and it still works. Definately belongs in the achievement guide.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #7
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
This makes me sad. Playing that fight properly was one of the most taxing challenges there has been in this entire trilogy. I loved it.

Really hope this little exploit gets patched.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #8
Bugs264

sedaterial's Gamercard
it is an exploit that can be used to get the achievement out of the way and take that pressure off. there is nothing stopping people from doing that fight again legitimately to test their skills.

it becomes more aggravating to me to have this fight and fail at stage 3 every time because of constant enemy spam, but without the achievement to worry about, i can replay the fight and have fun and experiment with it to find what works and what doesn't.

as for an earlier reply, it is now in the achievement guide
Old 03-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #9
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
Really hope this little exploit gets patched.
DLC can't be patched, and Bioware isn't planning anymore patches for the game
Old 03-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #10
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
I also highly doubt that BioWare would fork over the cash to patch a dumb little trick.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #11
CenturionElite

I have tried 15 times, on casual and I cannot beat this godforsaken challenge. Problem is, one of my AI partners ALWAYS gets stuck at the top of one of the stairs and doesnt move, its like they arent even there. I get swarmed constantly by the enemy and cant win.

Now Playing: Borderlands 2
100% Achievement List: Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2
100% Trophy List: Uncharted 3, Portal 2, inFamous 2
CenturionElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #12
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturionElite View Post
I have tried 15 times, on casual and I cannot beat this godforsaken challenge. Problem is, one of my AI partners ALWAYS gets stuck at the top of one of the stairs and doesnt move, its like they arent even there. I get swarmed constantly by the enemy and cant win.
What's your class and loadout? Which partners are you using? Maybe we can help you.

Last edited by Inebriated Jedi; 03-07-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #13
sportjames23

sportjames23's Gamercard
Man, if this is kinda frustrating on Casual, imagine if we HAD to beat it on Insanity.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #14
Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
DLC can't be patched
Wow really?

Quote:
Man, if this is kinda frustrating on Casual, imagine if we HAD to beat it on Insanity
There's no point playing it on casual, you woldn't qualify for the achievemnt.

I genuinely can't wait to see someone do this fight on youtube an open map with all modifiers active on insanity. That is going to take some genuine skills. I wonder if it's even possible for mortals.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #15
CenturionElite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
What's your class and loadout? Which partners are you using? Maybe we can help you.
Finally got it after I went to the bottom of the map in that wide open area instead of staying up top. For some reason, whenever I stayed up top my teammates ALWAYS got stuck and didnt move, happened to Tali, Grunt and Jack.

Anyways I was using Liara and Kaidan till I realized I needed some firepower, I than decided on the group of Garrus and EDI and I beat it on my first try. I used overload, followed by incinerate and concussive shot with incendiary ammo and we took down each guy in one try each.

Now Playing: Borderlands 2
100% Achievement List: Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2
100% Trophy List: Uncharted 3, Portal 2, inFamous 2
CenturionElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #16
Darth Maleval

Darth Maleval's Gamercard
I just played a round against the Spectres and my team was Wrex and Grunt.

This particular round, they did nothing for themselves...just followed me around.

When I gave them commands, it worked. They just were pretty much mobile statues the whole time..kinda weird.

When I used them against lesser opponents, they were acting normal (usually just dominate). This Spectre round was a little difficult.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:36 AM   #17
LURadioDJ

LURadioDJ's Gamercard
I'm not understanding either of these achievements at all or how to get them in the arena, like I know it sounds dumb but I don't get what needs to be done

100's

Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age II, Saints Row: The Third, Madden 11, Madden 12, Jurassic Park, Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper, The Godfather II, The Walking Dead, Dead Rising: Case Zero

LURadioDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #18
Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

1. Earn tokens and unlock modifiers/higher level enemies (worth more points). Use the modifiers to get a high score of 9999. Achievement.

2. Complete all the email challenges. They appear in your journal. Achievement at the end of the chain.

3. A gold unlock is the mirror challenge. Beat it on normal or higher. Achievement.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:48 AM   #19
LURadioDJ

LURadioDJ's Gamercard
What about this difficulty change thing that's mentioned ??

100's

Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age II, Saints Row: The Third, Madden 11, Madden 12, Jurassic Park, Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper, The Godfather II, The Walking Dead, Dead Rising: Case Zero

Old 03-08-2013, 03:51 AM   #20
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Has anyone here managed to do this on insanity? The last wave is pretty ridiculous.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:53 AM   #21
Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

I don't get it. Which part of his post don't you understand?

It's an exploit you can utilise to make the achievement easier, but do yourself a favour and ingore it. Play it the way it was meant to be played, it's a sweet challenge.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:56 AM   #22
LURadioDJ

LURadioDJ's Gamercard
Can't be harder then General Ahren's challenge from Mass Effect

100's

Old 03-08-2013, 03:59 AM   #23
Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

The two don't even compare. Mass Effect 1's combat is broken beyond belief if you level right.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #24
LURadioDJ

LURadioDJ's Gamercard
Oh I know it is, lol I'm getting trophies for ME1 now that they've released it on PS3, just so that my Mass Effects are equal-ish on both systems.....wow the combat is terrible

100's

Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #25
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
This is how I did simulated hero under the insanity difficulty gameplay. What do you guys think?

ScOoP!

guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:49 AM   #26
xplanetpiscesx

planetpisces's Gamercard
Boosting the 9999 achievement isn't necessary. You will automatically get it sometime during the final journal entry challenge when going for the "Technical Issues" achievement.
xplanetpiscesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #27
GnarlyDanny

GnarlyDanny Boy's Gamercard
i didnt read through to see if anyone else had done this, but you can change the difficulty to normal after killing the last enemy if you are quick. I got the achievement for 9999 points and beating spectre enemies this way because i forgot to change difficulty until after the kill! hope this helps.
GnarlyDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #28
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LURadioDJ View Post
Oh I know it is, lol I'm getting trophies for ME1 now that they've released it on PS3, just so that my Mass Effects are equal-ish on both systems.....wow the combat is terrible
Nah, it was fine for what it was. Now going from ME2 and ME3 backwards to ME1 is definitely a weird feeling though.

Do truly miss the weapon sounds from ME1, so much bass and going through a relay would shake the walls. The weapons in ME2 and ME3 sound like little firecrackers in comparison even through a good woofer.

Loved that they included the old M7 Lancer with no ammo clips became my go-to weapon. Packs a nice punch.

OT: I'll admit it, did the difficulty switch at the last enemy. Used a variety of squadmates but found my usually go-to partners of Garrus and Liara to be the most useful for my Vanguard class. After playing on Hardcore and Normal for over an hour and failing hard....said fuck it. Dropped it to casual for the duration then up to Hardcore on the last Nega-Shepard. Bloopbloop.

9999 was easy to nab once you start unlocking goodies, a couple enemy buffing multipliers on casual, against any enemy. Voila.

Now I have a stupid question.... the only weapons I had available to me were up to level V which may have been my problem, besides being a scrub . It was a save from my first ME3 playthough. If you load a save from a second run importing that same character, do you get level VI-X weapons to use in the arena?

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 03-13-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #29
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
DLC CAN be patched. Gearbox did this to fix Master Gee in Borderlands 2.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #30
Jonlizardking

Jonlizardking's Gamercard
Damn this achievement gave me problems. What irritated me the most about it was my equals were able to use their powers an unlimited amount of times. The mirrored Shepard would cloak himself and get right up to me and spam Flare at me, which kills you in like two hits since its so powerful.