PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #1081
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
I'm in the boat with you guys on that. My missus took it one step further and did that then proceeded to jump in lava. Fiery death surprise attack. Funny.
Pretty sure my first death in minecraft a few years back was falling in lava after either digging down or falling in a hole, classic.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #1082
Terra Branford

Heh... yeah... my number of deaths caused by my jumping (in reality), mashing the analogue sticks by mistake, and ending up crawling away in third person mode, are pretty high... >_>

It was also a problem for me on the PC side (because I refuse to conform to the "Use a keyboard and mouse!" bullspit, and use my 360 controller instead), until I set a three second delay on the sticks. Works rather nicely, and I haven't died because of it ever since.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #1083
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
Heh... yeah... my number of deaths caused by my jumping (in reality), mashing the analogue sticks by mistake, and ending up crawling away in third person mode, are pretty high... >_>
I'm starting to feel a lot better about myself now. I thought I was the only one in the world who did this and was afraid to let anyone know! What a relief!
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #1084
Terra Branford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
I'm starting to feel a lot better about myself now. I thought I was the only one in the world who did this and was afraid to let anyone know! What a relief!
No, you're *~definitely~* not the only person in the world who does it... I *~still~* do it, from time to time, while playing the 360 version... which confuses the Hell out of me, since it's nearly impossible for me to do it on the PC now. So I find myself going: "Wait... WHY am I in thir- ARGH CREEPER KILLED ME, F@$#!!!".
Old 03-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #1086
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
There's never any shame in admitting it, my problem is the controller. I got used to it but I still find it less effective than K+M.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #1087
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

god that youtubers annoying... plus its not really news they just have the same textures from the latest minecraft in, i dare say the next one will have all the hoppers and everything in it even if they dont plan to add them anytime soon
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #1088
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
god that youtubers annoying... plus its not really news they just have the same textures from the latest minecraft in, i dare say the next one will have all the hoppers and everything in it even if they dont plan to add them anytime soon
I just thought the part about manual crafting was interesting. Not sure if they plan to add that as an option later, it would be cool if they did.
Gary200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #1089
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
The trailer for TU9 should be out later this week and the full TU9 list up in a few days says 4J.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #1090
Templar Baggins

TEMPLAR BAGGINS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary200 View Post
I just thought the part about manual crafting was interesting. Not sure if they plan to add that as an option later, it would be cool if they did.
I'm all for being able to manually craft items Would be nice if they brought us the anvil soon with the ability to enchant books so we can store XP in case we die.

Oh yeah, and the damn jungle. Give it to us already! Already ticked that I'll have to start a new world just to get them anyway. I know that I could get a jungle sapling from creative but that just feels too cheaty for me. Also, I'd want jungle temples anyway.

4J, why do you torture us so!!! Lol
Templar Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:27 AM   #1091
Albert588

we always need to wait when no information about the relaease of the update XXD

Last edited by Albert588; 03-20-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Albert588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #1092
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary200 View Post
yeah it would be nice but tbh its probably just like a left over texture from them developing it from the PC version, games are usually full of them

I do prefer manual crafting anyway because to me the way its done on here just seems so lazy
Old 03-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #1093
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Trailer for tu9

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...er-Dragon.html

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #1094
ShaZZa

ShaZZa BFE's Gamercard
Just watched this an was about to do what you did... but you beat me to it (joking).

Awesome video though, I reckon we'll get it next week.
ShaZZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #1095
Gary588

we always need to wait when no information about the relaease of the update XXD

Last edited by Gary588; 03-21-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Gary588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #1096
xPsYcHoSaWYeR

x PsYcHo SaWYeR's Gamercard
TU9 went into cert test today theres a list of all the fixes and changes here http://t.co/Ut4PKIWwaq so couple weeks and it will be out
xPsYcHoSaWYeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #1097
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPsYcHoSaWYeR View Post
TU9 went into cert test today theres a list of all the fixes and changes here http://t.co/Ut4PKIWwaq so couple weeks and it will be out
Less then 2 weeks, not a couple.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #1098
Danny the hero

Danny the hero's Gamercard
I NEED this new update....
Old 03-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #1099
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny the hero View Post
I NEED this new update....
SAME

thinking about it, we are not far behind the pc version, we are getting netherstone to netherbrick which was only just released on pc,

also stackable signs, item frames, wooden button, these things have only just been added into the game very recently on pc

when the next xbox update releases i think it will match the 1.4 update on pc version,

so,

jungle biomes
villager trading
withches, bats
iron golem
wither
carrots, potatos
sandstone and jungle temples
anvils

there may be a few things ive missed, but after xbox has these (which i hope will all be in the next update) then we will have pretty much matched the pc

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #1100
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
SAME

thinking about it, we are not far behind the pc version, we are getting netherstone to netherbrick which was only just released on pc,

also stackable signs, item frames, wooden button, these things have only just been added into the game very recently on pc

when the next xbox update releases i think it will match the 1.4 update on pc version,

so,

jungle biomes
villager trading
withches, bats
iron golem
wither
carrots, potatos
sandstone and jungle temples
anvils

there may be a few things ive missed, but after xbox has these (which i hope will all be in the next update) then we will have pretty much matched the pc
There's a lot more than those, it's hard to say as they pick and choose things to put in. I am very impressed by 4J I must say though.

One thing that is interesting is they are adding a "fire breathing" feature to the Dragon, that sounds neat.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 03-24-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #1101
RDrules

there is quite a lot youve missed, most of the last update and some of the one before...

plus the xbox version is still going to be missing things from 1.2 onwards they have just changed order with a lot of them so its pretty hard to come up with a list of them
Old 03-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #1102
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
there is quite a lot youve missed, most of the last update and some of the one before...

plus the xbox version is still going to be missing things from 1.2 onwards they have just changed order with a lot of them so its pretty hard to come up with a list of them
They are adding something cool in TU9 that I'm intrigued by.

Quote:
Ender Dragon breathes 'Ender acid' (Xbox Exclusive)
Sounds neat, wish the Dragon got more love on the PC but hey I guess more features is better.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #1103
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post

Sounds neat, wish the Dragon got more love on the PC but hey I guess more features is better.
see im of the opposite side.. ive visited the end twice in total, once to say i had and once coz a mod put something here i needed...

otherwise whats the point so i dont really want them to update there as why bother when i can have more building blocks, same with the wither, ive beat it once now i probably never will again unless they beef up beacons a LOT
Old 03-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #1104
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
see im of the opposite side.. ive visited the end twice in total, once to say i had and once coz a mod put something here i needed...

otherwise whats the point so i dont really want them to update there as why bother when i can have more building blocks, same with the wither, ive beat it once now i probably never will again unless they beef up beacons a LOT
The only reason the end is beneficial: enderman grinder.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #1105
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Looking forward to this update as there are some pretty cool items being added. I'm particularly looking forward to the Spruce and Birch stairs and planks.AAmonget other things.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #1106
Terra Branford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
The only reason the end is beneficial: enderman grinder.
Well... there is a second reason The End is beneficial... clear out the "End Sand" landmass(es), and then (either with World Edit, or Creative) make some land structures, and do some nice builds there.

I like building in The End, because there is virtually zero lag, the ONLY mob you have to worry about are the Endermen (and if you turn Mob Griefing off, they are harmless), and they can be handled by always wearing a pumpkin on your head.

And the biggest bonus... other than an admin/mod, or the very few people who find the location of the Stronghold's "End Portal" (or if you accept a TPA request), ~no one~ will get into your dimension, and bother your builds.

...of course, this mostly applies to the PC side of things... but it has applications on the 360 version, as well.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #1107
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
Does anyone know if there will be achievements added to this one? Also, I thought you could only go to The End to beat the Enderdragon and after that you couldn't.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #1108
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
Does anyone know if there will be achievements added to this one? Also, I thought you could only go to The End to beat the Enderdragon and after that you couldn't.
Nope. You can go there anytime through the portal.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #1109
Terra Branford

And you can also ~exit~ The End, at any time after killing The Ender Dragon, by hopping into the exit portal it makes upon being slain.

Or... dying. Dying kicks you out of The End, without making you enter the "You beat the game, lol!" ending sequence.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #1110
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Minecraft: Xbox360 Edition has now sold over 6 MILLION copies!!!!