Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #31
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I would really like to see more Character development. Maybe RPG Ideas

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 03-24-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #32
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicklyplague View Post
i doubt we will see a LA noire 2 since the dev shut down.

Id love to see one during the prohibition years maybe in the south going after speakeasies, mobseters and moonshiners, or in chicago during the rein of Al Capone.
I'm sure R* could use their own Dev team to make a sequel as they own the rights to the series.

No 1930s is to early. I'd really like RPG choices,good cop bad cop. Abiliy to do drugs,or not. More free roaming thats not like GTA III's zombie like citizens. Plot starts off as usual generic but builds up to a real thriller.

Like a more likable guy for one. Cole was ok at first but he came off as a whiny baby that is not afraid to scold others but he winds up cheating on his wife with a Singer drug addict ? Nice.

I hated in LN were I'd accuse a guy and he didn't try to defend himself too much. Then he wasn't the guy. Rinse and repeat. Then the serial killer guy in the end was just lame. He wasn't intresting at all.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #33
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
with Jack Kelso! Please bring back Jack Kelso!!!

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #34
enoughbeck96

enoughbeck96's Gamercard
Thumbs up

I would love to see another LA Noire game
enoughbeck96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I loved LA Noire. Heard a lot of negative comments from friends about it, but after seeing a brand new copy for 4 on sale, I bought it and didn't regret a single minute. Best 4 I spent on a game in a long time. So in a nutshell, hell yes for a sequel of some sorts. Would love a good open world game in that vein again.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #36
Skelerabbit

Skelerabbit's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Id love to see one during the prohibition years maybe in the south going after speakeasies, mobseters and moonshiners...
I would love something like this.

Though in all honesty, I would play an L.A. Noire sequel in any era/setting.
Skelerabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #37
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I would love to see a sequel to this game, but since the developer shut down (&#128531 I doubt we will. The same thing happened to Kingdoms of Amalur; they were making a second one but then 38 (the developer) got shut down, thus implying that a Kingdoms of Amalur 2 won't ever happen.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #38
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I'd really like to see a sequel never get made. That studio was shut down...looks like I get what I want.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #39
DMagoo24

DMagoo24's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelerabbit View Post
I would love something like this.

Though in all honesty, I would play an L.A. Noire sequel in any era/setting.
Completely agree... I thought it was one of the most brilliant and different games I ha played... Loved it!
DMagoo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:50 AM   #40
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I'd love to see a sequel to this as well. I found the whole noir style very appealing, not to forgetting to mention the soundtrack as well. Kinda wish I hadn't traded it in last week, but then I finished it ages ago. It also only just occurred to me (after all this time) how L.A. Noire was somewhat similar to those Police Quest games. Remember those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:50 AM   #41
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
I'd really like to see a sequel never get made. That studio was shut down...looks like I get what I want.
GACKT Hating as usual. You are such a dummy

KIDDING.

La Noir was a surprise it was really well thought out. Can't wait to go for the rest of my few achivements left. And go for the ''5 star all cases in the game,non dlc wise. (Using Youtube) Think I might even get ''Reefer madness'' DLC it looks hilarious. Slip of the tounge sucked. I got it free and hated it still. Got 2/5 stars and I usually make an average of 4 stars a case. Just it was all confusing in that dlc. Good game I got 600 GS without using a guide yet. That car achivement will KILL ME though.

LA NOIR-Really good buy for new 20$. Took a chance,good buy.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #42
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Think I might even get ''Reefer madness'' DLC it looks hilarious. Slip of the tounge sucked. I got it free and hated it still. Got 2/5 stars and I usually make an average of 4 stars a case. Just it was all confusing in that dlc. Good game I got 600 GS without using a guide yet. That car achivement will KILL ME though.
Just FYI for anyone that is reading this now...all the DLC goes on sale tomorrow.

So check it out if you wanted any of the DLC...all of them 50% off

JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 AM   #43
TR0UBLE

Trouble 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
i doubt we will see a LA noire 2 since the dev shut down.

Id love to see one during the prohibition years maybe in the south going after speakeasies, mobseters and moonshiners, or in chicago during the rein of Al Capone.
I would love to see that, especially with one of my favorite mobsters Al Capone, would be one of my favorite games of all time then.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #44
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Quote:
troll much? Lol........

credits to DEG23
Old 03-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #45
BASSfiend23

BASSfiend23's Gamercard
if there was to be a Sequel/Spin-Off, i would love to see it set in Washington or New York
BASSfiend23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #46
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Gackt seems to hate every game I love. I'd like to see the game set in Chicago if there ever is a sequel.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #47
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Game ideas? A CoD game they take longer than a year to develop.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:37 AM   #48
justinstory99

DuuhWOLF's Gamercard
I would Love to see when you beat the game a big dinosaur came in and ate someone lol!
justinstory99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:58 AM   #49
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
Game ideas? A CoD game they take longer than a year to develop.
I'm Talking about the game La Noir. LOL.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #50
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ZIONZxBLOOD View Post
Gackt seems to hate every game I love. I'd like to see the game set in Chicago if there ever is a sequel.
That would be pretty awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstory99 View Post
I would Love to see when you beat the game a big dinosaur came in and ate someone lol!
haha what?

credits to DEG23
Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #51
LordBern

LordBern's Gamercard
I would love to see an LA Noir for every decade. But since the dev shut down it probably won't ever happen.
LordBern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #52
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

When the dev goes down and takes the IP with it, as Team Bondi did in spectacular fashion, it pretty much seals the fate of the series right there. I don't think all the Kickstarters or Indiegogos in the world could bring that one back. We're yet to see a game with a disc release come from Kickstarter anyway.

Conclusion: don't count on hearing anything about LA Noire anytime soon, if ever. The series, for all intents and purposes, is dead and gone.

50k achieved 10/10/2011
100k achieved 7/3/2014
Achievement: Wheelie God (20G) - Ride to Hell: Retribution

GTA Online Rank (9/23/2014) 114

Games 100%: 92
Latest: Deadpool

Working on:
World of Tanks (560/700)
Hardwood Backgammon (110/200)
Destiny (starting soon)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #53
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunch83 View Post

Conclusion: don't count on hearing anything about LA Noire anytime soon, if ever. The series, for all intents and purposes, is dead and gone.
This is probably true but we can hope right!....

the new Batman game is by a new developer as was the Halo 4 game.....

JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #54
RPGRulerKahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstory99 View Post
Good idea justine.

On topic I think they gotta make an L.A. Noire 2 set in Chicago, Detroit and oh yeah New York City in 1990.
RPGRulerKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #55
Mercury

Mercury XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   XBA Representer   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Edit: Apparently I missed the whole fucking point of this thread. My bad.

Last edited by Mercury; 04-25-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #56
RaitakanaMendoza

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunch83 View Post
When the dev goes down and takes the IP with it, as Team Bondi did in spectacular fashion, it pretty much seals the fate of the series right there. I don't think all the Kickstarters or Indiegogos in the world could bring that one back. We're yet to see a game with a disc release come from Kickstarter anyway.

Oh don't worry. I have it on good authority that MS got in there early, to snag as many of the talented directors as possible. The fun is just getting started.

Team Bondi will live on, therefore. Only this time under a whole new studio name with perhaps some of the best in the industry.

Can't even imagine what a Sinister Games / Team Bondi / Realtime Worlds team would look like...
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #57
Spartan343DAlterias

Exclamation

It won't matter at this point, cause I suspect M$ is just gonna make an L.A. Noire killer. Probably like a year two title or somethin' like that.

But man if Loose Cannon came true, that would confirm the xb720 is going to have 16 P4 cores cause it would require it for that game. Hell I heard that game got canned more than 10 separate times just cause it broke the PC.

If that sort happens tho, $ony will be in real deep. I'm betting they force out a launch of Getaway 2 releasing in Europe 1 year early, just to even have a chance next year!

Last edited by Spartan343DAlterias; 04-24-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Spartan343DAlterias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:54 AM   #58
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
I've always wanted a game similar to The Elder Scrolls in map scale and RPG elements, but with Mass Effect 3 army building. The game is centered on bringing down a tyrant or repelling a rebel force (or something else where you have to fight a big army). The whole game is centered around accumulating allies and completing quests. And you either recruit a badass single dude (like a Master Chief/John Marston/Commander Shepard-type guy), or a small force of 15, maybe even forces up to 100. You do whatever you have to do to get them as allies. Some might not like each other, so maybe people leave depending on who joins you. You have to manage it very carefully. You spend almost the entire game doing this, and the whole time, allies follow you. You have to set up a camp for your followers in different areas, depending on terrain, resources, etc. After a while, if you've spent too much time, you have to relocate, maybe to a dangerous place where animals or enemies attack and deplete your forces. So it's a race against time and a lot of management. In the beginning, when you go on quests, you can take maybe 2-5 people with you. Towards the end, maybe up to 50. The main dudes you recruit (the MC/JM/CS types) have very distinct personalities and storylines. The small armies are just soldiers (kind of like the Unsullied in Game of Thrones). Maybe they have a leader who is a bit unique but nothing too in-depth.

Finally, when you feel ready, and you've upgraded/equipped everybody in your army, you lead them to an epic clash with the enemies. Huge battle. 1000's of people. You can choose to just go for the enemy commander or literally obliterate their army. Maybe the opposing commander retreats and you have to decide to pursue or rebuild. Maybe you break it down into small battles. I don't know. But either way it'd be fucking tight. You could set it in any time period (swords, guns, lightsabers) and the idea is the same. You would also need a system with a huge amount of processing power.

I would literally love the hell out of this game.
Space ideas for a LA Noir Sequel ???? lol

I want a better story,partners,and free roaming in a sequel. It may have had NPCs walking around but they were more like ghosts,couldnt talk,hit them or anything.
I wanted to like the partners but after switching from so often i stopped caring halfway.

3.The story ending was undewhelming, I mean WTF was up with that ending. It pissed me off.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 AM   #59
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
You guys are obviously out of the loop. The director at Team Bondi joined another studio and is working on a new game called "Whore of Orient"

It's supposed to be just like L.A. Noire, but set in Shanghai in the 1930's.

Quote:
L.A. Noire developer Team Bondi is targeting 2015 for its next game, Whore of the Orient. According to a job listing for a senior engine programmer, the title is scheduled to be in “full production” between early 2013 and mid 2015. A second listing for lead animator notes that the game is a AAA “narrative action adventure title set in Shanghai in the 1930's similar in style to LA Noire & using facial MotionScan technology.”

Previous reports about Whore of the Orient suggested it will be for next-gen consoles and suggested the game follows “a group of Western cops hopelessly trying to keep the lid on” in 1936 Shanghai, “the most corrupt and decadent city on the planet.” Last year, Team Bondi’s Brendan McNamara described it as “one of the great untold stories of the 20th Century.”
Quote:
Shanghai, 1936. Whore of the Orient. Paris of the East. The most corrupt and decadent city on the planet, where anything can be had or done for the right price. Plaything of Western powers who greedily exploit the Chinese masses. Boiling pot of Chinese nationalism, with the Kuomintang ruthlessly trying to suppress Communism and the labour movement. Home to the International Police Force, a group of Western cops hopelessly trying to keep the lid on and keep the peace.

From Brendan McNamara and his acclaimed development team (who brought you L.A. Noire and The Getaway,) along with the Academy Award winning film production team of Kennedy Miller Mitchell comes Whore of the Orient, a next-generation gaming title.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~

Last edited by BiggD; 04-25-2013 at 02:47 AM.
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:50 AM   #60
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Still thats not an LA Noir 2,that sounds more like a RDR knock off. Plus Team Bondi didnt do La NOir THAT GOOD. The ending,AI,no real free roaming. The cases were pretty good though.

I hope R* makes the sequel.