PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Adventure > Adera > Episode 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Rip-Off

For months it said that Season 1 will hab three episodes. Now we got this 5 room long 45 minute rip-off and a preview for episode 4. Looks like they split episode 3 in 2 parts to make more money. I wish I'd knew that before I bought it for 3,29.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
For months it said that Season 1 will hab three episodes. Now we got this 5 room long 45 minute rip-off and a preview for episode 4. Looks like they split episode 3 in 2 parts to make more money. I wish I'd knew that before I bought it for 3,29.
Brace yourself because what I am about to tell you may piss you off........

Actually on their FB page, it says there will be 7 episodes in Season 1. They have decided to make the episodes from now on shorter, so that they can release them more on a monthly schedule. So far it has been every two months or more.

I Dont see any problem with this. The gaps between the episodes was too big IMO. Was the price of episode 3 the same as episodes 1 and 2?

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 130 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
IEvil IMonkey

IEvil IMonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
I Dont see any problem with this. The gaps between the episodes was too big IMO. Was the price of episode 3 the same as episodes 1 and 2?
Episode 1 FREE

Episode 2 3.49

Episode 3 2.79 I would say fairly overpriced for actual content
Old 02-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
I should stop caring and just not buy more episodes! They cut the content in half but not the price. I'm done with Adera. Thanks for the info!
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:05 AM   #5
HamsterExAstris

hamsterexastris's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEvil IMonkey View Post
Episode 1 FREE

Episode 2 3.49

Episode 3 2.79 I would say fairly overpriced for actual content
In the US, it was about the same - Episode 2 was $4.99, Episode 3 was 20% cheaper for $3.99. Way more than 20% less content, though.
HamsterExAstris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
The Dauntless

The Dauntless's Gamercard
Well I guess you guys have got a point but its also worth considering how inexpensive this game is. Even if they charge the same for episodes 4-7 as they did for episode 3, the complete game is going to come in at a budget price.

Given the production values of the game I think this is fair, not a bargain, not a ripoff but fair.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
sentury111

sentury111's Gamercard
I liked it but it was indeed short and easy compared to the other two episodes so far. I liked the first episode the most and that was the free one. Still looking forward to episode 4. Should be out soon according to the schedule I have read about.
sentury111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
Judge Bergan

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:

Actually on their FB page, it says there will be 7 episodes in Season 1. They have decided to make the episodes from now on shorter, so that they can release them more on a monthly schedule. So far it has been every two months or more.

They must have changed their plans because I spoke with them this weekend at their PAX East booth and here's what they told me about the rest of the season:
  1. Episode 4 is completed and currently in certification, expect it to be another 1-2 weeks before release.
  2. Episode 4 will be around the same length and the same price as episode 3. They were done this way to get the content out sooner.
  3. Episode 5 will be the biggest episode yet and will be the conclusion of this season (not 7 episodes as previously reported).
  4. Episodes generally have a 2-3 month development.
  5. No details on when season 2 will take place, but expect a decent break.

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Xbox Ambassador - Level 14
Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Judge Bergan is offline   Reply With Quote