Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-29-2011, 03:39 AM   #1
ShaunTighe

ShaunTighe's Gamercard
"The Sampler Platter"

I've gotten a kill with every weapon, but no achievement. Has anybody else encountered this glitch? Or do I have to get a kill with each weapons alt fire as well?
ShaunTighe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:53 AM   #2
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Are you sure you are using the retail version of each weapon and not a CE or DLC version of the weapon? Also if you got a kill with a weapon and then died you will lose credit for those kills. The weapon list can be found in my guide below

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=290707
50,000 : Wei of The Road (Sleeping Dogs)
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:00 AM   #3
ShaunTighe

ShaunTighe's Gamercard
Yeah I have used all the retail versions, Maybe I did die after a certain kill. Are you sure you don't have to get a kill with each weapons alt fire?

Edit: I was missing the Ripper. Achievement unlocked

Thanks, BTW I have your guide bookmarked already it is very useful.

Last edited by ShaunTighe; 01-29-2011 at 04:04 AM.
ShaunTighe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:31 AM   #4
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
I had thought this had glitched when I did it for two reasons; I'd reloaded the same area a few times to get a few different weapons achievements, so I thought I had used the ripper and detonator when neither was saved, and I had only bought the hacker contact beam since it was free and had never used the retail version.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
BruDrew

megaofmen's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You can use non-retail weapons to get it. I used the hacker contact beam and have never bought the original contact beam.

Mine was having issues unlocking for a bit. I was using the seeker rifle when I managed to unlock it, which I know I had a kill with that one as I had obtained the Peek a boo achievement earlier, and went on and saved without dying. The only difference was, I had ALL my kills with the seeker rifle while using the alt fire's zoom. So that might contribute to it, not sure.

There definitely is something a little off going on with the achievement, that's for sure.
BruDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
a7x4lyf3

Dementhis's Gamercard
ok so if you had already used 4 weapons in a previous playthrough do you have to use all of them again in the next playthrough? there is also a weapon you unlock for beating hardcore called the foam finger gun but i don't think that counts towards the achievement.
a7x4lyf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
the problem i had

all kills need to be with primary fire. i had the line guns chieve for killing six with alternate fire but that did not count towards the sampler platter chieve. as i was cycling through all my weapons again to figure out what the problem was i used the line gun primary fire for a kill and bingo.
axeuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
dezpinato

despinato's Gamercard
it does state necromorphs with all weapons. my guess is maybe they mean only a certain type of enemy for example killing the babies, lurkers, stalkers and other non necromorphs dont count twords the weapon kills.
dezpinato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
MIKE1989TW

MIKE1989TW's Gamercard
Unhappy

I'm having real trouble with this Cheevo .. 4 play throughs and still do not have it.. Do you think it would be worth working chapter by chapter using one weapon at a time.. I.e kill many enemies with each weapon??
MIKE1989TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE1989TW View Post
I'm having real trouble with this Cheevo .. 4 play throughs and still do not have it.. Do you think it would be worth working chapter by chapter using one weapon at a time.. I.e kill many enemies with each weapon??
That's what I would do.
If you need to just make a check list cross off each kill as the enemy dies. Sometimes it can be off if the enemy gets sets on fire from the environment, that would count against the tally.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote