PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dishonored > Dunwall City Trials
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #31
jonny viper

Jonny Viper's Gamercard
I have been in 2 minds about whether to get this dlc, on the one hand I really enjoyed the game but on the other I think it finished nicely and don't really understand how dlc would fit into the story. I think I will probably give it a miss after reading some of the comments in this thread.
jonny viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 AM   #32
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Cannot believe all the hate for this DLC. Seriously. Have NONE of you played Mirror's Edge? Portal? Or any game that puts your ability to master it to the test? These trials are basically on par with the trials from those games. And personally, I think they're great. These are what achievements are meant to be: work.

I'm not even close to completing them. And it's entirely likely that I may never. But all of you pissing and moaning about how terrible this content is need to drink a tall glass of shut the fuck up.

This content is incredibly well done from a technical standpoint. Hell, just playing through each level gives you an idea of how much effort went into it. Yet all most of you are doing is fucking trashing it as garbage because of the achievements??? Fuck that. I'll take a challenge any day of the week over a freebie where achievements are concerned. Especially when the content they're coming from is this well done.

And at 400 points? This content is a steal for what it offers in terms of variety and replay. Unless you're an achievement whore that doesn't actually like working for you achievements, apparently...

So glad I didn't bother even looking in this sub-forum until after I'd purchased the content. It's filled with nothing but bullshit, sprinkled with the occasional helpful post.
Resident Evil 5

Last edited by ThePumpkinKing; 03-26-2013 at 01:02 AM.
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #33
a fat turkey

a fat turkey's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
Cannot believe all the hate for this DLC. Seriously. Have NONE of you played Mirror's Edge? Portal? Or any game that puts your ability to master it to the test? These trials are basically on par with the trials from those games. And personally, I think they're great. These are what achievements are meant to be: work.

I'm not even close to completing them. And it's entirely likely that I may never. But all of you pissing and moaning about how terrible this content is need to drink a tall glass of shut the fuck up.

This content is incredibly well done from a technical standpoint. Hell, just playing through each level gives you an idea of how much effort went into it. Yet all most of you are doing is fucking trashing it as garbage because of the achievements??? Fuck that. I'll take a challenge any day of the week over a freebie where achievements are concerned. Especially when the content they're coming from is this well done.

And at 400 points? This content is a steal for what it offers in terms of variety and replay. Unless you're an achievement whore that doesn't actually like working for you achievements, apparently...

So glad I didn't bother even looking in this sub-forum until after I'd purchased the content. It's filled with nothing but bullshit, sprinkled with the occasional helpful post.

There is a difference between a challenge and complete luck. Most of these "trails" would be much easier if luck didn't play a huge part in them. You have Bonfires where the order that the beams spawn is completely random, so if they spawn too far away from each other you have no chance. Train Runner on Expert spawns you with a RANDOM amount of mana at the start. The "By My Hand Alone" achievement is based purely on what enemies spawn and where they spawn.

Although I will admit that SOME (not all) of the trials were somewhat enjoyable. Kill Chain and Bend Time Massacre were fine. Both Burglar and Mystery Foe were fine. It was really the combat and mobility trails that sucked.
a fat turkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #34
Swyer87

swyer87's Gamercard
The Pumpkin King - It would seem that you have not understood people's frustration with the DLC.

As fat turkey has stated its the fact that the majority of these achievements rely heavily on luck, not skill. In fact when you do get the luck these achievements aren't massively difficult. For instance for the daredevil achievement when i actually got the luck with the spawns of the beams of light i got the achievement with over 50 seconds left on the clock, however i must of had at least 100 attempts at this!

I'm all for difficult achievements and would have much preferred for the achievement to be very difficult with no luck required. So perhaps it could have been reaching 100k score but the beams of light were consistent, this would have been difficult but at least i knew it was down to my skill and abilities which would be much easier to live with!
Swyer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #35
Jedah

Jedah PL's Gamercard
is it worth the money?
Jedah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #36
InvalidAddress

SarcasticRobot's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedah View Post
is it worth the money?
It's ok? I've been playing it for a week now and that's the best I can describe it. The trials are real glitchy, but some of them are still pretty fun. It's the ones that are unforgivingly brutal which will have you aggravated.

If you're getting it to be a completionist, be warned you're in for some controller-throwingly hard achievements.

I'd say yes it's worth the 400, definitely worth the 160 it was on April 1.
InvalidAddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #37
Asciiman

The Asciiman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirK View Post
Kudos, though, somebody might have actually finally made something as worthless as Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot.
Hail to that my friend. I hated Underdome Riot, so did everyone else, and this felt like a cheap as shit money grab that has ruined my opinion of this game. I was excited to pick this up and then Knife of Dunwall, now I won't bother.

If Arkane will make such a crappy DLC that is so different from the main game, then excuse me while I don't buy the rest of your offerings.
Asciiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #38
Chozo_Lord

Chozo Lord's Gamercard
This DLC is quite possibly the worst DLC I have ever played in my life. It's literally the definition of "Trial and error" and you have to hope you get lucky for nearly all the Achievements. Do not buy this.
Chozo_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #39
Triblade

Triblade's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozo_Lord View Post
This DLC is quite possibly the worst DLC I have ever played in my life. It's literally the definition of "Trial and error" and you have to hope you get lucky for nearly all the Achievements. Do not buy this.
Having just 1000/1000'd the main game, both the story DLCs and then decided not to bother going for the full completion because of this DLC, I have to say I couldn't agree with this more if I tried. Definitely one of the worst pieces of DLC I've played, if not the worst.
Triblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #40
ParoXysm QC

ParoXysm QC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The DLC also has the worst achievements ever. I probably played the DLC for 20 hours to get rid of all the achievements while it probably took me 15 hours to get all the achievements for the main game. It was all based on luck which is why it suck so much... awful stuff.

Last edited by ParoXysm QC; 04-10-2014 at 06:50 PM.
ParoXysm QC is offline   Reply With Quote