PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #31
flinttown420

flinttown420's Gamercard
Technically you can do all in one playthrough i think. Use the Konami code at the main menu (up up down down left right left right b a) to unlock 1999 and get the achievement. Than play through first attempt on 1999 mode.

EDIT: Didnt see your post saying you changed it
flinttown420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #32
Hammodi

Hammodi's Gamercard
in the main menu bro
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #33
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Guide looks great!
Using the free strategy book I got from my pre-order to locate all collectibles on my first playthrough. And then starting 1999 mode.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #35
DarqStalker

DarqStalker's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySi1976 View Post
1st of great guide and thank you. Just one thing i found better the other day following a guide on here is the person put missable achievement next to the achievement so you didn't have to keep scrolling back to the top to read what the missables were. Any chance you can do that plz. Keep up the good work and thx again...
Or/Also - Put the description next to the missable achievement in the roadmap section. That way we can keep the guide on that part without having to scroll down each time to see each description of each missable achievement. Otherwise, great job so far!
DarqStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #36
h4mm32

Send a message via AIM to h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
credit for vox's and sightseer seem to carry through playthroughs i'm unsure of infusions however. kills do as well
h4mm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #37
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4mm32 View Post
credit for vox's and sightseer seem to carry through playthroughs i'm unsure of infusions however. kills do as well
As stated in the achievement description, Infusions have to be gotten in a single playthrough. They DO NOT carry over. Everything else, kill counts and other collectables do.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:22 AM   #38
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Gold
sometimes they carry over regardless of what the description says i didn't care to make the assumption.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 AM   #39
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
sometimes they carry over regardless of what the description says i didn't care to make the assumption.
I'm pointing it out as it's been comfirmed by numerous people now. Sucks but at least we know one way or the other.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:02 AM   #40
Wullsterino

Wull Scott's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just wanted to clarify a point about the Heartbreaker achievement - only the killing blow needs to be to the heart. I just got after an allied Mosquito hit him, I hit him in the back with 7-8 Hail-Fire rounds, set him on fire and finally switched to the carbine and hit him in the face. Just as he jumped, his heart came into my line of fire and the achievement popped before he hit the ground!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #41
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wullsterino View Post
Just wanted to clarify a point about the Heartbreaker achievement - only the killing blow needs to be to the heart. I just got after an allied Mosquito hit him, I hit him in the back with 7-8 Hail-Fire rounds, set him on fire and finally switched to the carbine and hit him in the face. Just as he jumped, his heart came into my line of fire and the achievement popped before he hit the ground!
i'm not sure how you did it but to trial and error this method i just did this after a specific point in the story where there is only a handyman, i loaded the checkpoint 5 times to no avail. I think you got some fluke luck.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #42
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Grand Largesse 10
Spent $10,000 at the vending machines of Columbia.

You get money for killing people, looting corpses, and containers. You will get this in the process of upgrading multiple vigors and weapons as well as buying items and ammo through play. It should unlock around halfway through the game.
You can buy something from a vending machine, restart the checkpoint, and buy it again until you reach $10,000 if you want (restarted at finkton after I upset the boat captain and the achievement popped when I re-purchased upgrades)

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #43
nighthawk82

ESSAMAWS's Gamercard
Quote:
More for Your Money 25
anyone know best location for this cheevo!?
nighthawk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #44
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Btw, for Heartbreaker mine unlocked even though I had the Shock Jacket gear on which has a 50% chance to electrocute enemies when they melee you and he was getting near-constant shocks from it.

However, what might have caused it to still unlock and possibly the same for the person above who said they only got the heart shot last and it worked is that since I was letting him pummel me so I could get a clear shot, I died, got revived and then he was waiting for me outside the Good Time Club - From the rooftop with the sniper I think I was too far away for him to notice me, I lined up a shot and killed him in that one hit due to his health already being so low and thus meaning he didn't have a chance to get close enough to get shocked and it unlocked fine.

Might be worth looking into if letting yourself die will make it easier, or maybe the gear doesn't count towards it which I was doubting a bit when I was playing to be honest.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #45
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

ive tried damaging him with vigors and then heart shots... damaging him with guns and vigors and then a heart shot. damaging him with just gun fire and then a heart shot. possessing enemies and then a heart shot. and finally just heart shots. the last being the only one to work for me.... with no deaths just reloading checkpoints
Old 03-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #46
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk82 View Post
i got this after the first crow enemy in the order of the raven. enemies rush you. I threw down one murder of crows trap and it ticked 3 counts of this for me did it again and it popped. not sure why it counted so many
Old 03-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #47
Valgy

Valgy's Gamercard
For scavage hunter can I buy armors potentials? Or can't I buy nothing?
Valgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #48
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgy View Post
For scavage hunter can I buy armors potentials? Or can't I buy nothing?
I was wondering the same if someone could please confirm this!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #49
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
I was wondering the same if someone could please confirm this!
if it is purchased at THE "Dollar Bill" store you CANNOT buy it.

think of dollar bill as "Bill's Dollar Store". if only BILL sells it you cannot buy there. you CAN buy from "Vincents Vigors" or "Adam's Armory" though.

Last edited by h4mm32; 03-27-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #50
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
I got 2 or 3 of them in a row at the steps of a big battle. Just hide by the vending machines and toss a charged devil's spit into a group of skeletons.

Last edited by shadowr4ven; 03-28-2013 at 05:40 AM.
shadowr4ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:12 AM   #51
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

wow man really?
Old 03-28-2013, 05:14 AM   #52
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
did you mean I should put a spoiler tag on that?
Old 03-28-2013, 05:17 AM   #53
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

replace with siren even
Old 03-28-2013, 05:41 AM   #54
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
ok, but the thread says achievement "guide" which denotes spoilers.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #55
ghamlin24

FearFallenAngel's Gamercard
Infused with Greatness and Raising the Bar did not unlock for me earlier today.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #56
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I'm a little confused with the gun names in this game. Though the achievements relating to them state that each one has specific name. In the game menus it simply states pistol, machine gun etc.

I've just saved Elizabeth and I'm using the machine gun you get earlier on in the game. What weapon is this or does it tell you anywhere what it's actual name is as listed in the achievements?

Simply wondering because I'm not sure I need kills with this gun or not as it's simply called 'Machine Gun' or something like that.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #57
nighthawk82

ESSAMAWS's Gamercard
i made weapons guide!

Guide #1

Guide #2

nighthawk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #58
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:

Overview:
Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10
Offline: 50 [1000]
Online: 0 [0]
Approximate time: 10-20 hours
Minimum number of play-throughs needed: 1 (1: 1999 will unlock all, but 1 more is recommended)
Man you must be really skilled if you can unlock the full 1000 within 10 or 20h. I'd rather say at least 25h+ even with a collectible guide since the game has a decent length!

No way you can complete this game that fast.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #59
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
i made weapons guide!

Guide #1

Guide #2

This is perfect thank you! I think this'll look good in the guide, as personally none of the guns go by the name the achievements have given them!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #60
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Time: 12 to 25+ hours

This is my opinion.

Maka is online now   Reply With Quote