PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Lewcoop

Don Lashy's Gamercard
Opinion

How hard is this game to 100% realistically; or should I really ask how hard legendary is really to complete as I've only ever done it on halo 2 & 3

I'm far from an expert on halo as I've always been a call of duty kinda guy.
but have played halo for a long time when the first xbox was released
Lewcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:51 AM   #2
lukaselite13

lukaselite13's Gamercard
this game is wounderfoul
lukaselite13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Ari Haswari
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukaselite13 View Post
this game is wounderfoul
What he wrote.
Ari Haswari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
Vicousvern

vicousvern's Gamercard
Legendary is just as hard / easy as the others in the series. It's not the hardest game ever but it can be quite challenging at times specially on solo. As far as 100%'ing it goes its great, it has some hard ones but if you like the game / series you'll enjoy working at it.
Vicousvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
Vicousvern

vicousvern's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicousvern View Post
Legendary is just as hard / easy as the others in the series. It's not the hardest game ever but it can be quite challenging at times specially on solo. As far as 100%'ing it goes its great, it has some hard ones but if you like the game / series you'll enjoy working at it.
The single hardest part for me was collecting the Bandanna Skull, that took me so many hours, ended up kiting a Hunter to whack me across!
Vicousvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:07 AM   #6
Danny the hero

Danny the hero's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewcoop View Post
How hard is this game to 100% realistically; or should I really ask how hard legendary is really to complete as I've only ever done it on halo 2 & 3

It's physically demanding, yes. But unlike other games (such as Gears of war 3) Most of the achievements can be achieved over night. However, some of them (like beating the library on heroic in under 30 minutes) can be very difficult, but they are possible! (I've done that a few times, for friends, etc.)

SO, yes it is hard! But you can 100% it in just a few days, which in my opinion, it is a lot easier to handle than a game that is just a grind-fest (such as gears of war....)
Old 03-29-2013, 12:12 AM   #7
AscendingSnow

AscendingSnow's Gamercard
:| I'm sooooo glad I got it on my second or third try! That's insane
AscendingSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
UKevin

UKevin33's Gamercard
This is my first Halo game and I'm not really enjoying it. Only done the two first missions but it just feels like you never know where to go or what to do and that's really anoying. I don't know what 343 was thinking when they designed the driving part of this game but it's stupid.
You can't look down sights as in every other first person shooter. The ennemies make weird, disturbing noises. Hard isn't really "hard" so I'm guessing Legendary isn't insanely hard either.

Oh, the guy that wrote the achievement guide was clearly on crack. There's no way you're ever 1000ing this in 10 to 15 Hours. I'm sure this will take at least 20 Hours and I'm afraid it could take twice that amount of time.

Hopefully, it'll get more interesting. So far I can't see the hype around the Halo series. I tried the AC series and loved them then I moved on to Forza, hated it at first, loved it after a while. But this ? I feel like BOII's campaign was less pain.

400/400 | 200/200 on:
Jetpack Joyride | Minecraft | Comic Jumper

XBOX Gamer since the 25th of December 2012.
10000 with "In Memory of Petruccio" (AC II) | 11th of March 2013

UKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
Yoshimaster666

Yoshimaster666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKevin View Post
This is my first Halo game and I'm not really enjoying it. Only done the two first missions but it just feels like you never know where to go or what to do and that's really anoying. I don't know what 343 was thinking when they designed the driving part of this game but it's stupid.
You can't look down sights as in every other first person shooter. The ennemies make weird, disturbing noises. Hard isn't really "hard" so I'm guessing Legendary isn't insanely hard either.

Oh, the guy that wrote the achievement guide was clearly on crack. There's no way you're ever 1000ing this in 10 to 15 Hours. I'm sure this will take at least 20 Hours and I'm afraid it could take twice that amount of time.

Hopefully, it'll get more interesting. So far I can't see the hype around the Halo series. I tried the AC series and loved them then I moved on to Forza, hated it at first, loved it after a while. But this ? I feel like BOII's campaign was less pain.
Each to their own really but Halo is something you really need to acquire a feel for. I've never played a COD ga,e before and never will but some of my friends tell me the control style are in some ways similar. To really be captivated by the Halo series you sort of gotta have in interest in the whole Sci-fi theme or you'd really be wasting your own time.

As for driving vehicles i'll admit that it is a pretty unique style of driving but after a while you'll pick it up and kinda understand what 343 were thinking.

The thing that annoys me the most about the Halo series is that the button functions have changed in nearly ever single game and makes adapting to the changes incredibly annoying.

Over all ive enjoyed all the Halo series, haven't come close to 100% achievement on any of them but i'm not in a hurry atm
Yoshimaster666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
UKevin

UKevin33's Gamercard
Oh, maybe I didn't mention that I hate COD (the MP is boring and the campaign is just a ton of enemies coming at you and a weak storyline) ^^.

I LOVE sci-fi. I've loved several sci-fi shows like Falling Skies, Continuum, etc... Which is why I even decided to give Halo a try .

I'm just going to switch to easy or the difficulty above and play through the game. If I like it I'll move on to Legendary and go for the collectibles.

Am I the only one that switches between old and "new" graphics all the time ?

400/400 | 200/200 on:
Jetpack Joyride | Minecraft | Comic Jumper

XBOX Gamer since the 25th of December 2012.
10000 with "In Memory of Petruccio" (AC II) | 11th of March 2013

UKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
MoRICH MAN 300

MoRICH MAN 300's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Game is awesome but I probably would not have finished it if I didn't have a good coop partner.

Special Thanks to Rajeanero For The Sig
MoRICH MAN 300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:22 AM   #12
hdub29

hdub29's Gamercard
Going back to this after playing Halo 4 made me realise how confusing and boring the old level designs were at times. I hope Halo 2 Anniversary won't feel similar.
hdub29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:27 AM   #13
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdub29 View Post
Going back to this after playing Halo 4 made me realise how confusing and boring the old level designs were at times. I hope Halo 2 Anniversary won't feel similar.
That's cause Halo: CE was vast and the game encouraged exploration; especially on levels like Halo, Silent Cartographer and 343 Guilty Spark.

Whereas Halo 4 was way too linear in mission and level design.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:12 AM   #14
TURBOWANDS

TURBOWANDS's Gamercard
Honestly the game only took 10-15 hours for me to complete the most frustrating was completing Halo without a vehicle. Close 2nd was the library in 30min.
TURBOWANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #15
crazypath yetti

Yetti Drums's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewcoop View Post

If you're concerned about 100% it, abuse the Bandana & Boom Skulls and you should be fine.
crazypath yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:18 AM   #16
Wolfdemonofhell

Wolfdemonofhell's Gamercard
I third that
Wolfdemonofhell is offline   Reply With Quote