PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Castle Map Pack
Subscribe    Donate
Halo 4
Quick links
Latest news
Jul 09, 2014 Xbox 360 Ultimate Games Sale Day Two - Halo 4, Batman Blackgate, Dragon Age II
Apr 15, 2014 Halo 4 'Ninja Assassins' Playlist Incoming
Apr 03, 2014 Report: Ridley Scott to Exec Produce Halo 'Digital Feature'
Jan 30, 2014 Rumour: Halo 2 Anniversary Coming to Xbox One With Halo 5 Beta Key
Nov 08, 2013 Halo 4 Blooper Reel Shows the Stuff That Never Made it

Old 03-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #31
LickableLemons7

Gamertag: LickableLemons7

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 1   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Think I meant to respond to this but I missed it somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Ohhh. Is that how you unlock 1999 mode? I assumed it was something you had to unlock by beating the game. I never bothered checking into it (Nice touch using the Konami code though. Classy )
If you wanted to play 1999 mode as soon as you booted up the game, you could press start at the main menu and begin right away and get the achievement, but I unlocked 1999 mode by simply completing the game.

Quote:
Needless to say, no I didn't. I'm playing through on Hard difficulty. I'm only going through it once for now and I'm going to send it back so I can keep going through my Gamefly list, but once the game is $20-$30 I'll pick it up for my collection and run through for the 1999 playthrough and collectible clean-up.

And actually, once I finally got out of the Cemetery the rest of her encounters became really easy. She had me cornered in the first encounter and I ended up getting a lucky melee kill and recovered enough salt to do a Charge attack, so I flew at her and just started swinging my claw like a mad man. Got lucky and took her out just as my shield broke. After that fight, each time I encountered her I had a machine that would sell me health and salt, so it was a walk in the park. I'm dreading the achievement for 1999 mode without using any of the Big Bill machines though... Between this and the Handymen. I really hate those things...
Have fun with Infinite, the story was something I've never really experienced before. I thought it was something special.

So far in 1999, I haven't used a Dollar Bill machine yet. It's nowhere near as bad for me as was Dead Space 2 Hardcore. But you can still use the vigor and armory machines without voiding the scavenger hunt achievement. Right now I believe I have 2,433 silver eagles and I'm just over halfway through. I spent an upgrade to be able to possess humans with the possession vigor, and I boosted up the damage I can deal with the RPG.

Quote:
Also, top 5 favorite games of 7th gen:

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Portal 2
3. Catherine
4. Bioshock: Infinite
5. Heavy Rain
Catherine? Hmm. There's a title that seemed underrated. Added to my backlog. And Bioshock: Infinite is already up there, yet you haven't completed the story?

Quote:
Hopefully I can get a few replacements in here. I'm hoping The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, and Beyond: Two Souls can edge their way in.
Troy Baker is all over the place.

I'm keeping an eye on Remember Me, since I don't have a PS3 I can't experience the games you mentioned. But I think Infinite is it for me this gen. I was interested in AC4: Black Flag but Ubi announced another AC title for 2014, so I'd rather hold off and see if that game would appeal to me more than Black Flag. If not, then Black Flag would be out by the time we get more knowledge on the 2014 AC, and those trusty people in the forum's inevitable bitching thread would be too glad to point out Black Flag's potential flaws.

If Destiny and Watchdogs are out on 7th and 8th gen consoles, I'll hold out and move on to the 8th gen stuff from then on, instead of playing them on the 360.

Quote:
Bethesda games definitely have some bugs that should be ironed out before they release. Fortunately Skyrim seems to have a lot of it's issues fixed (and personally now that the graphical awe of Skyrim has worn off, I again find myself enjoying Oblivion more. Always seems to be the case since I also enjoy Morrowind more than both Skyrim and Oblivion (except for the damn combat system. I really need to see if the PC version has a mod to make the combat more enjoyable.) I still play Morrowind on a regular basis.
One thing that I do enjoy about Bethesda's games is the atmosphere. Specifically, GNR from Fallout 3. Never did get tired of those songs.

Quote:
I will say right now that Mass Effect 2 and 3 are vastly different from Mass Effect 1. The combat system ditched the arcade-nature and went for more of a cover-based shooter like Gears. Leveling up still exists for your biotic abilities, but the guns are much more functional now (they also put more emphasis on squad use and eliminated the armor/weapon I-X system.) They also eliminated driving the Mako on Uncharted planets in favor of Planet scanning and finding more characterized side-missions on various worlds. Overall, like I said, Mass Effect 2 is easily the best in the series and easily my favorite game this generation. The storyline was weak and somewhat limited, but the universe was detailed and the character development was superb. If you enjoy the series, you'll grow more attached to the characters in Mass Effect 2 and 3 than in any other game you've ever played.
Ah. There's one thing I actually enjoyed in ME1 (driving the Mako), yet others seemed to complain about it excessively. The thing I'm worried the most of though is ME3's ending. So if I do go through with the franchise, I wonder how dissappointed I could possibly get with it. I don't know what the ending is yet, but based on some comments I've seen, it was vomit-enducing.

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 03-30-2013 at 06:46 AM.
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #32
BiggD
White Wolf

Gamertag: BiggDope

Awards Showcase Staff Club - BiggD   Staff - Community Team - Guide Team   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 4   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 3   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Spiral 462   Super Heroes Challenge Club - Tier 4   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Barad's Challenge Club - Tier 1   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 32 (more» ...)
It's 4 am, why the fuck am I awake?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
In no order. I know there's 6 there. 6 > 5. Prove me wrong.

And New Vegas is way better than Fallout 3. It's not even close what's wrong with you people? How can you complain that NV is all desert when F3 is all tunnels and debris? NV also had such better DLC than anything F3 put up.
See, it must be a Jersey boy thing, because Ty and I see eye to eye on so many gaming topics. I agree with him 100% about NV>3. I hated the tunnels/metros in Fallout 3, and debris everywhere that navigating the map was awful! There were times when I would shut off the game because I simply didn't understand how to get to a quest...lol.

Quote:
Mass Effect 1 and 2 were nothing short of amazing. 3 was pretty damn good as well, though it definitely didn't go in the direction I would've taken it. Overall it's my favorite trilogy of the 7th gen consoles and if any series needs an MMO, it's this one.
I only played ME1 with a friend and hated it...more like watched him play since I didn't wanna even bother...but, I never saw the appeal, didn't care at all so my opinion of ME series won't be voiced further here. Seems like an overrated game to be honest though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Gotta love how off topic we always get. The more I play Bethesda games, the more I grow to hate them.

[Rant]

Bethesda sucks.
We're too good for Halo related discussion. But I feel you for BioShock I guess.

Gackt has definitely gotten to you though. Come back to us Lemons, don't do this!! In all honesty though, that blows. I've never understood why people have their games glitch/freeze on them so often, especially in Bethesda's RPG's...I've never experienced such dilemma

Quote:
Bethesda games definitely have some bugs that should be ironed out before they release. Fortunately Skyrim seems to have a lot of it's issues fixed (and personally now that the graphical awe of Skyrim has worn off, I again find myself enjoying Oblivion more.
Hey Dark, I've never played Oblivion (I know, I'm an awful person). The GOTY is only $18 on Amazon, do you think I would be able to look past the shitty graphics and animations and appreciate the game?

Quote:
I was interested in AC4: Black Flag but Ubi announced another AC title for 2014, so I'd rather hold off and see if that game would appeal to me more than Black Flag. If not, then Black Flag would be out by the time we get more knowledge on the 2014 AC, and those trusty people in the forum's inevitable bitching thread would be too glad to point out Black Flag's potential flaws.

If Destiny and Watchdogs are out on 7th and 8th gen consoles, I'll hold out and move on to the 8th gen stuff from then on, instead of playing them on the 360.
I'm with you on Destiny and Watch Dogs, I'd rather buy them for next-gen than this gen. By the way, you check out that Character Development Vid on the News Page? Destiny characters look badass.

Speaking of next gen though, Rainbow 6 Patriots, Thief 4, Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Halo 5 are also some good games I'm looking forward to. Two Assassin Creed titles though...that's just fucking ridiculous. I don't think I'll even buy either to be honest.

Thanks to Xerofox for the rambunctiously romantic signature!

~ WITCHER IS LOVE, WITCHER IS LIFE ~
|| CHALLENGE CLUB | STAFF CLUB ||
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #33
Ty-Rex

Gamertag: Tylord824

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed - Tier 4   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Hey Dark, I've never played Oblivion (I know, I'm an awful person). The GOTY is only $18 on Amazon, do you think I would be able to look past the shitty graphics and animations and appreciate the game?
I'd say go for it. The graphics really aren't that outdated and the gameplay itself is more than fun enough to warrant spending $18.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #34
UltimateTT66

Gamertag: UltimateTT66
This a halo thread....! Jeez, this has got off topic...!
UltimateTT66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #35
Ty-Rex

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed - Tier 4   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateTT66 View Post
wlecome to zombocom this is zombocom welcome the unobtainable is unknown at zombocom

Old 03-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #36
BiggD
White Wolf

Awards Showcase Staff Club - BiggD   Staff - Community Team - Guide Team   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 4   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 3   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Spiral 462   Super Heroes Challenge Club - Tier 4   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Barad's Challenge Club - Tier 1   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Emerald
Quote:
I'd say go for it. The graphics really aren't that outdated and the gameplay itself is more than fun enough to warrant spending $18.
I'll take the advice. Better to spend $18 on a game everyone speaks highly of, than to skip over it and never experience it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateTT66 View Post
Us 4 have a tendency to do that lol.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #37
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Gamertag: DarkReign2021

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Have fun with Infinite, the story was something I've never really experienced before. I thought it was something special.

Catherine? Hmm. There's a title that seemed underrated. Added to my backlog. And Bioshock: Infinite is already up there, yet you haven't completed the story?
Catherine is a game you'll want to be a fan of Puzzle gaming, anime, and lots of talking. The game is broken into two portions, dream mode and reality. Reality is mostly cutscenes where you interact with your girlfriends and your friends. The other portion of reality is spent in the bar socializing with patrons and having drinks (it teaches you some neat facts about different types of alcohol if you're into that kind of thing.) The dream portion of the game is almost completely puzzle-based and has you climbing towers of blocks. You have to push, pull, and completely reshape the levels on a time limit to reach the bell at the top. The game is absolutely brutal on the hardest difficulty. Even the Japanese struggled to beat it when it first came out.

Bioshock: Infinite's place on my top 5 was merely based on what I had experienced so far. Up until the point fighting one of the bosses, I had nothing but praise for the game. The music, the setting, the dialog, Elizabeth's Character design. The game was flawless. Now having gotten past the boss fight and completing the game this morning, I think it's going to be staying where it was. The ending was just... wow. My brain still hurts trying to figure it out. Definitely one of the most thought-provoking endings I've seen in a game in forever. More controversial than the ending to Mass Effect 3, though not in a bad way.

Quote:
I'm keeping an eye on Remember Me, since I don't have a PS3 I can't experience the games you mentioned. But I think Infinite is it for me this gen. I was interested in AC4: Black Flag but Ubi announced another AC title for 2014, so I'd rather hold off and see if that game would appeal to me more than Black Flag. If not, then Black Flag would be out by the time we get more knowledge on the 2014 AC, and those trusty people in the forum's inevitable bitching thread would be too glad to point out Black Flag's potential flaws.

Remember Me is one I'm keeping an eye on, but I reserve judgement for now because it seems like it could be a bit rough around the edges. As for Assassin's Creed, I got sick of those games after Brotherhood. I just couldn't bring myself to beat Revelation and I haven't even touched AC3. I grew bored after the Brotherhood. As for Destiny, Watchdog, etc..., I'm the same. I'm saving the experience for Next-Gen consoles. Just not decided if I should go with PS4 or Durango next. Wish they would hurry up and show us the new Xbox already.

Quote:
Ah. There's one thing I actually enjoyed in ME1 (driving the Mako), yet others seemed to complain about it excessively. The thing I'm worried the most of though is ME3's ending. So if I do go through with the franchise, I wonder how dissappointed I could possibly get with it. I don't know what the ending is yet, but based on some comments I've seen, it was vomit-enducing.
Honestly I enjoyed the Mako bits as well. They were a bit bland at times since all the worlds were too alike, but I wish they would've fixed it rather than dumping it completely. ME2 did introduce a DLC vehicle feature called the Hammerhead that was pretty fun though.

As for Mass Effect 3's ending, don't listen to what other people are saying. It's really not THAT bad. The biggest complaint I had for ME3 was that the decisions made in ME1 and ME2 ulimately had no effect on the outcome of ME3, only the dialog you're given (which is still cool since the universe is personalized to your own preferences.) In ME3 the big thing is collecting War assets. There are 2 default endings plus a third one if you get the free Extended Cut ending DLC and having a high enough asset score opens up a 4th option. The only real issue with the ending that I had was that ending 1, 2 and 4 had the same video, just with different colors. The Extended Ending fixes that, though, and adds more footage and dialog to each of the 3 endings.

Like I said, ME3 wasn't as good as 1 and 2, but it was by no means terrible like people have been saying. As long as you take the time to understand the ending, it's pretty tolerable (plus it's fun to follow the Indoctrination theory videos on Youtube afterward.)

Quote:
We're too good for Halo related discussion. But I feel you for BioShock I guess
Not our fault. 343 should give us more stuff to talk about. Like a Halo 5 teaser trailer

Quote:
If you get Oblivion, definitely try to get the GOTY edition so you can get your hands on Shivering Isles. Best part of the entire game. Love the voice actor that played Sheogorath. But yeah, like Ty-Rex said, it's definitely an excellent game. It starts out slow, but as your abilities develop the game will start to pick up. The only real downside to the game was most of the caves looked the same. Skyrim had a bit more variety in dungeons, but this is by no means unbearable. You'll spend more time in the cities anyway. The side-missions were a lot more creative than Skyrim IMO. The Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild storylines were nothing short of brilliant.

Quote:
Speaking of next gen though, Rainbow 6 Patriots, Thief 4, Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Halo 5 are also some good games I'm looking forward to. Two Assassin Creed titles though...that's just fucking ridiculous. I don't think I'll even buy either to be honest.
Thief 4!!! It's been too damn long! Ready for my fantasy Splinter Cell game to come out Cyberpunk I have my eye on, same as FO4 and H5. Not interested in Witcher. As for R6:P, I'm interested, but disappointed because I feel like we're playing the wrong side. I don't want to work for the Government. I want to be working for those "Terrorists" the True Patriots. They're actually fighting to take the country back from Government corruption and Big Business greed. They're the true heroes, but we're forced to hunt them like terrorists. My political views are getting in the way with this one.)

Last edited by DarkReign2021; 03-30-2013 at 07:33 PM.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #38
BiggD
White Wolf

Quote:
As for Destiny, Watchdog, etc..., I'm the same. I'm saving the experience for Next-Gen consoles. Just not decided if I should go with PS4 or Durango next. Wish they would hurry up and show us the new Xbox already.
But if you don't get the Nextbox, you won't be able to play Halo 5

Quote:
Not our fault. 343 should give us more stuff to talk about. Like a Halo 5 teaser trailer
2 years in advance? That would be mighty generous of them!

Quote:
If you get Oblivion, definitely try to get the GOTY edition so you can get your hands on Shivering Isles. Best part of the entire game. Love the voice actor that played Sheogorath. But yeah, like Ty-Rex said, it's definitely an excellent game. It starts out slow, but as your abilities develop the game will start to pick up. The only real downside to the game was most of the caves looked the same. Skyrim had a bit more variety in dungeons, but this is by no means unbearable. You'll spend more time in the cities anyway. The side-missions were a lot more creative than Skyrim IMO. The Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild storylines were nothing short of brilliant.
Sounds excellent. The GOTY is extremely cheap so I'll probably pick it up after I play Batman Arkham City. I saw the first 30 minutes of gameplay on some dude's Let's Play, and it seems like a solid game, just very different in terms of combat and whatnot but I'm sure I'll like it if I stick to my word and buy it.

Quote:
Thief 4!!! It's been too damn long! Ready for my fantasy Splinter Cell game to come out Cyberpunk I have my eye on, same as FO4 and H5. Not interested in Witcher. As for R6:P, I'm interested, but disappointed because I feel like we're playing the wrong side. I don't want to work for the Government. I want to be working for those "Terrorists" the True Patriots. They're actually fighting to take the country back from Government corruption and Big Business greed. They're the true heroes, but we're forced to hunt them like terrorists. My political views are getting in the way with this one.)
As someone who never played Thief before (because the were all PC titles, weren't they?) Thief 4 looks and sounds great. I read a huge article on it and I'm certain it's gonna be awesome. I hope Cyberpunk turns out good, it has a lot of potential. Lol, yeah Rainbow 6 Patriots is gonna be different if you look at it like that But I'm excited for the game, I loved the first two and it's been a while since I've had some good Co-Op T-Hunt games, or just a tactical shooter to play. Next gen is gonna be tight It's just a matter of do I want it right away, or do I wait for like 3 solid games to come out for it before buying it, or wait for a Halo-themed one like the Halo 4 Xbox. Decisions, decisions.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #39
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
But if you don't get the Nextbox, you won't be able to play Halo 5
I intend on owning both, but it's more a matter of which one to get first. If Halo 5 is out by 2014, than I'll get the Xbox first, otherwise I'll probably get a PS4 and hold off on Xbox and pick it up when Halo 5 comes out. Honestly outside of Halo, the Xbox really has nothing left that interests me. They REALLY need to get some new IPs. Sony is seriously kicking their asses right now with exclusives like Last of Us, Last Guardian, Beyond, Infamous, LittleBig Planet, etc... All the Xbox has is Halo, Gears of War (garbage series), Forza (not into racing), and Fable (The last two have been garbage and I'm sure kinect support will continue.) They need to get back in gear. Especially Lionhead and Rare. They're both being squandered on crap. Take Rare off of Kinect Sports and get them working on a new Perfect Dark and revive the sequel to Conker. Get Lionhead to stop churning out Fable sequels and bring back B.C. (look it up if you don't know what it is) and make Black & White 3 for Xbox (hell, this game would be perfect for Kinect even.) On top of that, bring back Mechassault and Crimson Skies. Revive the True Fantasy Live Online series. Negotiate with Sega to bring Phantasy Star Online 2 to console. Try and get exclusive rights and nab sequels to Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, Oddworld, etc... That's not even touching on the fact that they need to start pumping out some new IPs.

Quote:
2 years in advance? That would be mighty generous of them!
It doesn't even have to be about Halo 5. Just do monthly videos. Even if they don't do Season 2 for Spartan Ops, they could still give us those gorgeous CGI cutscenes and continue the storyline. Hell, I'd pay just for the cutscenes alone if they make them 5-10 minutes longer. Or they could do another series like Forward Unto Dawn. I would prefer a running TV series over a Halo movie anyway. Focus on the different campaigns throughout the Covenant War. Animate more of the stories from Halo: Evolutions like they have been on Waypoint.

There's a lot of different things they could be doing. I just want them to do it in a way that's intelligent. Don't sacrifice quality over quantity, but keep the Halo machine turning. It's a big series like Star Wars, so there's no reason not to have a constant flow of content coming from it (maybe I'm being a bit greedy though. I did just finish the last book and I already want more )

Quote:
Sounds excellent. The GOTY is extremely cheap so I'll probably pick it up after I play Batman Arkham City. I saw the first 30 minutes of gameplay on some dude's Let's Play, and it seems like a solid game, just very different in terms of combat and whatnot but I'm sure I'll like it if I stick to my word and buy it.
I'll warn you now, the worst part of the game is actually the Oblivion gates. They're ok the first few times, but they get repetitive and there's one mission in the main storyline that requires you to shut down one Oblivion gate at each of the 8 main cities. Worst mission in the game, but past that it's pretty damn fun. I really want to start a new character and play through it again. Soon as I finish Metal Gear Rising, I'll probably go back for another playthrough.

Quote:
As someone who never played Thief before (because the were all PC titles, weren't they?) Thief 4 looks and sounds great. I read a huge article on it and I'm certain it's gonna be awesome. I hope Cyberpunk turns out good, it has a lot of potential. Lol, yeah Rainbow 6 Patriots is gonna be different if you look at it like that But I'm excited for the game, I loved the first two and it's been a while since I've had some good Co-Op T-Hunt games, or just a tactical shooter to play. Next gen is gonna be tight It's just a matter of do I want it right away, or do I wait for like 3 solid games to come out for it before buying it, or wait for a Halo-themed one like the Halo 4 Xbox. Decisions, decisions.
Thief 1 and 2 were PC only, but Thief 3 was actually on the original Xbox as well (Ironic this was brought up, but I bought a copy of Thief 3 about 3 weeks ago and it just showed up in the mail today. So excited to have my copy again. My Original Xbox collection is nearing perfection. All I'm really missing that I'm interested in is Republic Commandos, GTA3, and Deus Ex and I'm done

I haven't really like a Rainbow Six game since Rainbow Six 3 and the Black Arrow expansion pack. Somethings always felt off about them. Didn't much care for Vegas, but I never tried Vegas two. Ghost Recon went from crap (GRAW) to good (Future Soldier) and Splinter Cell appears to be coming back from the brinks with Black List (Conviction wasn't bad, but wasn't quite Splinter Cell) so maybe Rainbow Six will too.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:09 AM   #40
Ty-Rex

I also had no idea the maps got pushed back a week and I was coming here to talk about that but then I found out I was dumb so there's literally nothing Halo to talk about.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Ty-Rex; 03-31-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:13 AM   #41
BiggD
White Wolf

Quote:
I intend on owning both, but it's more a matter of which one to get first. If Halo 5 is out by 2014, than I'll get the Xbox first, otherwise I'll probably get a PS4 and hold off on Xbox and pick it up when Halo 5 comes out.

Honestly outside of Halo, the Xbox really has nothing left that interests me. They REALLY need to get some new IPs.
Halo 5 probably won't be out until 2015, but that's just my though on a release year for it. Yeah, the only Xbox exclusive that I like is Halo, the rest don't interest me AT ALL.

But you bring up Rare...woah...what ever happened to them?

I want the Xbox because of Halo and it's where all my friends game, but I totally understand that the Playstation has better exclusives and I want to experience them but I can't afford both consoles. Wish I won me the lottery.

Quote:
It doesn't even have to be about Halo 5. Just do monthly videos. Even if they don't do Season 2 for Spartan Ops, they could still give us those gorgeous CGI cutscenes and continue the storyline. Hell, I'd pay just for the cutscenes alone if they make them 5-10 minutes longer. Or they could do another series like Forward Unto Dawn. I would prefer a running TV series over a Halo movie anyway. Focus on the different campaigns throughout the Covenant War. Animate more of the stories from Halo: Evolutions like they have been on Waypoint.
Lmao, I think I would pay for the cutscenes too Another series would be welcomed; I would like them to do something about the fall of Reach, but more like Nylund's novel than the shitty Reach Campaign.

Quote:
I'll warn you now, the worst part of the game is actually the Oblivion gates. They're ok the first few times, but they get repetitive and there's one mission in the main storyline that requires you to shut down one Oblivion gate at each of the 8 main cities. Worst mission in the game, but past that it's pretty damn fun. I really want to start a new character and play through it again. Soon as I finish Metal Gear Rising, I'll probably go back for another playthrough.
I'll keep that in mind! Is there a certain build/style (mage, archer, warrior, etc.) that is better than the rest in this game? The Let's Play I was watching said playing as a mage in Oblivion was the best. Not that it really matters, I just want to know if there truly is a certain class that trumphs the rest in this specific game.

Quote:
Thief 1 and 2 were PC only, but Thief 3 was actually on the original Xbox as well (Ironic this was brought up, but I bought a copy of Thief 3 about 3 weeks ago and it just showed up in the mail today.

I haven't really like a Rainbow Six game since Rainbow Six 3 and the Black Arrow expansion pack. Somethings always felt off about them. Didn't much care for Vegas, but I never tried Vegas two. Ghost Recon went from crap (GRAW) to good (Future Soldier) and Splinter Cell appears to be coming back from the brinks with Black List (Conviction wasn't bad, but wasn't quite Splinter Cell) so maybe Rainbow Six will too.
Yeah, that just about explains why I've never played them. Oh well, I can wait 'til 2014 for the new one! I liked all the Rainbow games, never really had a problem with them. Vegas 1 was probably the best for me and my buddies though.

Shame Ghost Recon turned to shit. The only one I really remember played was Island Thunder on the Xbox and it was fun, but don't remember too many specifics from it other than it was hard lol. Never bothered with GRAW 1&2 or the new one from last year, Future Solider was it? The GRAW's looked boring and I played the demo for Future Soldier last March and it was bad...but for some reason I want to give the game a chance.

You have no idea how excited I am for Splinter Cell though! Go check out the "Abandoned Mill & Play Styles" video in those Forums if you haven't already, it's awesome!!

Last edited by BiggD; 03-31-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:58 AM   #42
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Halo 5 probably won't be out until 2015, but that's just my though on a release year for it. Yeah, the only Xbox exclusive that I like is Halo, the rest don't interest me AT ALL.
I really doubt Halo 5 will be out before 2015 also. I think 343 will stick with the 3-year development span that the series is known for.

Quote:
But you bring up Rare...woah...what ever happened to them?

I want the Xbox because of Halo and it's where all my friends game, but I totally understand that the Playstation has better exclusives and I want to experience them but I can't afford both consoles. Wish I won me the lottery.
Rare was the team responsible for a majority of the programming for the Kinect. They're also the developer of Kinect Sports Season 1 and 2. Like I said, they need to get away from this Kinect stuff (and Viva Pinata. As fun as the first one was, we really don't need another one) and focus on some heavy hitters again. Unfortunately most of the big developers left Rare after Perfect Dark and many more left after Rare was bought out by Microsoft. (They ended up forming Free Radical and developed Second Sight, TimeSplitters, Haze and Crysis 3. Supposedly now they're working on Homefront 2 and Timesplitters 4.) As for the remnants of Rare, I don't know if they really have what it takes to make another game like Perfect Dark, Conker, or Kameo.

On an off note, have you seen any of the concept art that leaked for Kameo 2 before it was cancelled? Looked gorgeous. Just compare the original graphics to what they're approach was here:
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/image...04/kameo22.jpg

Quote:
Lmao, I think I would pay for the cutscenes too Another series would be welcomed; I would like them to do something about the fall of Reach, but more like Nylund's novel than the shitty Reach Campaign.
There is the recently finished Fall of Reach graphic Novel based on Nylund's novel. I've been too cheap to invest in it (ironic given the fact I just spent $340 on a UNSC Vanguard and 40 on a Plasma Pistol Laser tag set) but I want to get my hands on the hardback version of it soon to finish my book collection.

Quote:
I'll keep that in mind! Is there a certain build/style (mage, archer, warrior, etc.) that is better than the rest in this game? The Let's Play I was watching said playing as a mage in Oblivion was the best. Not that it really matters, I just want to know if there truly is a certain class that trumphs the rest in this specific game.
Honestly not really. Stealth is a little harder to get into in this game than it was in Skyrim, but otherwise all of the classes can get the job done really well. I typically play a balance between Mage and Soldier just so I can have a few spells to fall back on. (One thing I could never get into in this series is alchemy and the use of potions and poisons, but enchanting was really useful in this game, especially if you could boost agility. I like to enchant everything I could with agility boosts and max out my agility skill so I could run across the entire region in a few minutes. Always good fun and something I really missed from Skyrim.

Quote:
Yeah, that just about explains why I've never played them. Oh well, I can wait 'til 2014 for the new one! I liked all the Rainbow games, never really had a problem with them. Vegas 1 was probably the best for me and my buddies though.

Shame Ghost Recon turned to shit. The only one I really remember played was Island Thunder on the Xbox and it was fun, but don't remember too many specifics from it other than it was hard lol. Never bothered with GRAW 1&2 or the new one from last year, Future Solider was it? The GRAW's looked boring and I played the demo for Future Soldier last March and it was bad...but for some reason I want to give the game a chance.

You have no idea how excited I am for Splinter Cell though! Go check out the "Abandoned Mill & Play Styles" video in those Forums if you haven't already, it's awesome!!
I agree with Ghost Recon. I really enjoyed the original and the Island Thunder expansion. The first Person perspective and the original teamwork emphasis made for a unique experience. I just didn't like how they did the second one and GRAW. For what it's worth though, I enjoyed Future Soldier. It was more like Full Spectrum Warrior and XCOM than the Ghost Recons though. You have to go in expecting strategy more than gunplay.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:10 AM   #43
BiggD
White Wolf

Quote:
I really doubt Halo 5 will be out before 2015 also. I think 343 will stick with the 3-year development span that the series is known for.
I'm with you on that.

Quote:
Rare was the team responsible for a majority of the programming for the Kinect. They're also the developer of Kinect Sports Season 1 and 2. Like I said, they need to get away from this Kinect stuff (and Viva Pinata. As fun as the first one was, we really don't need another one) and focus on some heavy hitters again. Unfortunately most of the big developers left Rare after Perfect Dark and many more left after Rare was bought out by Microsoft. (They ended up forming Free Radical and developed Second Sight, TimeSplitters, Haze and Crysis 3. Supposedly now they're working on Homefront 2 and Timesplitters 4.) As for the remnants of Rare, I don't know if they really have what it takes to make another game like Perfect Dark, Conker, or Kameo.
I liked both Viva Piņatas though But yeah, I don't see the appeal in Kinect and never will, so they need to come back to reality and please their original fan base. So Free Radical is working with Crytek then? But who knows, maybe one day they'll surprise and return to their roots.

Quote:
On an off note, have you seen any of the concept art that leaked for Kameo 2 before it was cancelled? Looked gorgeous. Just compare the original graphics to what they're approach was here:
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/image...04/kameo22.jpg
I can't say I ever remember playing Kameo unfortunately, but that concept art does look pretty good.

Quote:
There is the recently finished Fall of Reach graphic Novel based on Nylund's novel. I've been too cheap to invest in it (ironic given the fact I just spent $340 on a UNSC Vanguard and 40 on a Plasma Pistol Laser tag set) but I want to get my hands on the hardback version of it soon to finish my book collection.
I'll probably pick that up sometime soon too, and you finally got a Vanguard!? I can't bother with that

Quote:
Honestly not really. Stealth is a little harder to get into in this game than it was in Skyrim, but otherwise all of the classes can get the job done really well. I typically play a balance between Mage and Soldier just so I can have a few spells to fall back on. (One thing I could never get into in this series is alchemy and the use of potions and poisons, but enchanting was really useful in this game, especially if you could boost agility. I like to enchant everything I could with agility boosts and max out my agility skill so I could run across the entire region in a few minutes. Always good fun and something I really missed from Skyrim.
Ahh alright. I'll probably just do what I usually do and make a Paladin but with light armor rather than heavy. I don't think I ever bothered with alchemy unless I was making those overpowered potions to buff my gear to it's max level.

I also noticed the interface for your gear menu and quest log is obviously very different and arrows have weight -_- lol, the littlest things always seem to bother me.

Quote:
I agree with Ghost Recon. I really enjoyed the original and the Island Thunder expansion. The first Person perspective and the original teamwork emphasis made for a unique experience. I just didn't like how they did the second one and GRAW. For what it's worth though, I enjoyed Future Soldier. It was more like Full Spectrum Warrior and XCOM than the Ghost Recons though. You have to go in expecting strategy more than gunplay.
Yeah, it was definitely unique and mature for it's time back in the day, but now it seems the games just aren't too good. Lol, unless one is playing with a solid group of friends/acquaintances, teamwork in impossible with Xbox Live's immature online community! Which sucks because it would make the game 10x better when you can consistently find a good tactical-working team every match.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:50 AM   #44
DarkReign2021
Banned User

[quote=The BiggD;5668323]I liked both Viva Piņatas though But yeah, I don't see the appeal in Kinect and never will, so they need to come back to reality and please their original fan base. So Free Radical is working with Crytek then? But who knows, maybe one day they'll surprise and return to their roots. [quote]

Yeah. Free Radical was bought out by Crytek and became Crytek UK just not too long ago. It would be nice to see them come back to Rare, but I don't think that's going to happen as long as Rare is stuck doing things like Kinect Sports (I enjoyed Viva Pinata too, but it's not a game that warrants a sequel IMO. It's kind of like a Madden game. They'd be better off supporting the game with DLC. Add new Pinatas and new items to buy instead of charging for a whole new game.)

Quote:
I'll probably pick that up sometime soon too, and you finally got a Vanguard!? I can't bother with that
Yeah. Was just randomly browsing Ebay when I came across it and figured what the hell. Should be showing up in a few days. Useful since I'm getting ready to move. It'll be easier to hook up to that than dragging my TV around.

And hey, we're back on topic. Kinda of. It's Halo related, so yeah.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #45
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx

Gamertag: diamondxinferno
I love how i see you 3 forum nazis always quick to tell newcomers to the site that they need to use appropriate forums and stay on topic, but you fags have turned this into a random rant about how much of nerds you really are. Not a single thing about halo is mentioned by any of you? Maybe you should all take your own advise and post in the "appropriate forums" or better yet add each other on live and have a little circle jerk about how you've never seen a vagina before or whatever. Keep on topic
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #46
Ty-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdiamondxxinfernoxx View Post
I love how i see you 3 forum nazis always quick to tell newcomers to the site that they need to use appropriate forums and stay on topic, but you fags have turned this into a random rant about how much of nerds you really are. Not a single thing about halo is mentioned by any of you? Maybe you should all take your own advise and post in the "appropriate forums" or better yet add each other on live and have a little circle jerk about how you've never seen a vagina before or whatever. Keep on topic
I have never told anyone to use an appropriate thread or whatever, but you keep on being mad, bro.

Oh wait, am I not a nazi? You only said 3. Can I please be a forum nazi, Chris??

edit: Lemons won't add non IRL friends on XBL so that's why we can't circle jerk about vaginas on live.

Last edited by Ty-Rex; 03-31-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #47
BiggD
White Wolf

Quote:
Have fun being banned dude. There's absolutely no reason for such outrage and cusses against us. So we're nerds? That's fine, how does it effect you? Assuming we're virgins and loners? You say that as though you think it's true and personally know us. Keep your built up anger to yourself and let us be. People like you are so immature.

Last edited by BiggD; 03-31-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #48
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I think you're ok Rex. I'm pretty sure I've never told anybody to post in the appropriate thread except maybe once or twice jokingly. I'm unfortunately not a Nazi
Old 04-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #49
LickableLemons7

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 1   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze
Quote:

Quote:
edit: Lemons won't add non IRL friends on XBL so that's why we can't circle jerk about vaginas on live.
Welp, YOLO. Boi u no wat's up fo sho' ain't nothin' but monkeyshines motherfuckers

I think xxdiamondxxinfernoxx is a big bully, like the kind of kid that smashed my spectacles in 1st grade and my dad put scotch tape on the frame because he was to cheap to get new ones. Maybe xxdiamondxxinfernoxx just wants a friend. Maybe, just maybe, we should let xxdiamondxxinfernoxx join in on our conversations. No time for friendzones, let's begin his initiation.

xxdiamondxxinfernoxx, what is the function of a rubber duck?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #50
SHMEEDIDDY

Gamertag: SHMEEDIDDY
Walks in the forum page...what the fuck did I just read and got into....Walks out of forum page!

...was hoping more halo stuff..not this

Last edited by SHMEEDIDDY; 04-01-2013 at 07:29 AM.
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #51
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHMEEDIDDY View Post
Walks in the forum page...what the fuck did I just read and got into....Walks out of forum page!

...was hoping more halo stuff..not this
The Halo 4 Castle Map pack is going to come with 3 new maps based on various fictitious locales around the Halo universe. It will include a new set of achievements and be included alongside a Title Update that will introduce the new Skill-based ranking system and Multi-team playlists.

That's the extent of what we know. Nothing left to talk about.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #52
BiggD
White Wolf

Quote:
The Halo 4 Castle Map pack is going to come with 3 new maps based on various fictitious locales around the Halo universe. It will include a new set of achievements and be included alongside a Title Update that will introduce the new Skill-based ranking system and Multi-team playlists.

That's the extent of what we know. Nothing left to talk about.
Lol, got 'em good, Dark.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #53
SHMEEDIDDY

Gamertag: SHMEEDIDDY
Quote:
Lol, got 'em good, Dark.
I knew all of that before he posted to my reply, so how is that really good of getting me?
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #54
DarkReign2021
Banned User

He said it, not me. I was just being a smart ass ^_^

but I think the point hidden in my post was that there's really nothing to discuss right now. When we get more info or when the maps come out, I imagine more topics will pop up to discuss the maps.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #55
Ty-Rex

Halo 4 Castle Maps will be bad wow what a story mark

I just want everyone to know that Lemons sent me a PM full of movie spoilers ending with saying that Cortana has AIDS.

That guy is cray.

Quote:
but I think the point hidden in my post was that there's really nothing to discuss right now. When we get more info or when the maps come out, I imagine more topics will pop up to discuss the maps.
Here's all the topics:

"NEED 2 4 BOOST"
"LOOKING TO BOOST"
"BOOST MOBILE WHERE YOU AT?"
"Castle Maps suck"
"Opinions On New Maps"
"How To Get (Insert Achievement Here)"

Last edited by Ty-Rex; 04-01-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #56
BiggD
White Wolf

Quote:
Here's all the topics:

"NEED 2 4 BOOST"
"LOOKING TO BOOST"
"Castle Maps suck"
"Opinions On New Maps"
Lol, seems about right. Also, what's your guy's thought on me doing the Achievement Guide & Roadmap for it? I figured since I did the other two DLC's the community would be okay with me writing the last one.

I think Lemons wanted to write it, but idk...lemme know fellas.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #57
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Go for it. And Lemons can do one too. Than the two of you can get together in the ring and have a fight to the death over which one will compete with my own. Mwuhahahahaha!

Nah. J/K. I got my Halo: Anniversary guide, so I'm content. I'm representin' the best Halo game of all, so it's all good.

And shit, I just remembered I'm still missing a Halo Wars achievement. I'm on vacation this week, so I probably ought to boost that and get it done. Only have 14 matches left until it's finished.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #58
LickableLemons7

Quote:
I just want everyone to know that Lemons sent me a PM full of movie spoilers ending with saying that Cortana has AIDS.

That guy is cray.
No dummy poo brain Crotana has AIds get it right wow

And you didn't even mention the kickass Infinite wallpapers I so generously sent you loser

Go piss your pants

King Kong dies at the end

Quote:
Here's all the topics:

"NEED 2 4 BOOST"
"LOOKING TO BOOST"
"Castle Maps suck"
"Opinions On New Maps"
Don't 4get "Create Achieverments four new mpa pak" thread.

We actually haven't had an official one in a while. Or so it feels like.

Edit: Oh yeah and I don't mind if D writes the Guide when the achievements are revealed
Old 04-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #59
BiggD
White Wolf

Quote:
Nah. J/K. I got my Halo: Anniversary guide, so I'm content. I'm representin' the best Halo game of all, so it's all good.

And shit, I just remembered I'm still missing a Halo Wars achievement. I'm on vacation this week, so I probably ought to boost that and get it done. Only have 14 matches left until it's finished.
Reppin' Halo for Life. RH4L.

I still have Halo Wars in the wrapping lol. I hate RTS games, even if it is Halo.

Quote:
No dummy poo brain Crotana has AIds get it right wow

Edit: Oh yeah and I don't mind if D writes the Guide when the achievements are revealed
Sounds good. I usually put up the Guide as soon as the achievements are revealed but the Mods have been cracking down on me lately for doing that -__- So I'll wait til Sunday night/Monday morning.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #60
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Reppin' Halo for Life. RH4L.
You have no idea. I've been up for the past 48 hours working on Project: Halo. At this point I'm thinking of skipping the Type Font idea, so that just leaves me with a few more video edits, the decision of making either a flashy DVD or a basic Thumb Drive, and the final design for the box art (I still need to come up with a final name for the project.)

I'm happy it's almost done though. Some of the pieces like the Remember Reach ARG are more difficult to come by these days.

Quote:
I still have Halo Wars in the wrapping lol. I hate RTS games, even if it is Halo.
It's really not a bad game. You really should try it out. I enjoy RTS, but I'm terrible at them and even I was able to get through the game on Legendary.