PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead > Episode 2: Starved for Help
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #31
Starkweather

StarkweatherXC's Gamercard
Can't wait to get my hands on it in a week. Jealous of all of you
Old 06-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #32
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
I liked it. Mine kept freezing up in place which got annoying. I like how I can sit back and chill almost as if I'm watching a movie.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #33
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
i thought it was better then the last one but it was a little predictable of what was going on. Still i thought the story was good.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #34
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
A little shorter than I was expecting and somewhat predictable. Nevertheless great Episode! Looking forward to EP3.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:53 AM   #35
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It was very predictable but I'm glad they got cannibals out of the way. I was sure the game would have them eventually somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanOrtizSr View Post
You're right! Thank you for correcting me. I'm guessing that too much human meat (?) or the state on how things are going in the world are driving her crazy...
I was arguing with someone on another message board about it. On my second play through in the tent there is a picture with the lady and a little girl. It doesn't look like Clem and if it was I'm sure the main guy would have commented on it. My guess is her daughter got eaten and in her head she thought Clem was her daughter/replacement for her.

Last edited by sleepydumbdude; 07-01-2012 at 02:56 AM.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:40 AM   #36
Phoenix2884

I felt it was too predictable. I guessed the cannibal storyline during the walk to the diary farm just by the way the brothers were acting. I also felt some of the choices were too linear. Seems like even if you tried to save someone they still ended up dying. My biggest complaint is the change of Kenny. If you choose to help Larry, Kenny acts like you were against him since the first episode. I sided with Kenny throughout the entire first episode but as soon as I try to revive Larry, Kenny hates me? But there's a nice Easter egg if you succeed at doing four chest compressions. Fleshes out Kenny even more. I also wonder if the final choice at the episode is going to have some major repercussions. I choose not to take it, but if I go to find it in episode 3 it has no major effect, then what is the point of being given that choice?
Phoenix2884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #37
Tsukimi

Send a message via ICQ to Tsukimi Send a message via MSN to Tsukimi

Tsukimi's Gamercard
Well, the only thing I felt bad was the timed decision making questions.English isn't my native language, sometimes I cannot read the whole sentence about the decision and the time is running out..
Tsukimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #38
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
I frickin' loved it! Thought it was really really good. I noticed the little pauses at the start but seemed to get better as time went on. Perhaps I'm easily pleased but thought the whole thing was great. Can't wait for Episode 3.

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #39
Endrac

Endrac's Gamercard
Weird that a lot of people are complaining about lag. I didn't encounter but maybe 2 lag spikes after certain points.

Anyway, I loved this episode and the way this series is going. It had me going all the way until the end, and after Dan shot the woman, I was super tense the for the rest of the game. I'm pretty curious to see how the final episode ends and if any major choices have an effect on it.
Endrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:49 AM   #40
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I thought the episode was amazing. It definitely had me more attached and excited than the second episode. Looking forward to EP. 3, but I guess we'll all be waiting a few months.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #41
Starkweather

StarkweatherXC's Gamercard
Brilliant, get more and more into the story and cannot wait for the next one.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:43 AM   #42
The Produca

Th4 Produca's Gamercard
The choice to kill Larry or help Lilly. It was not an easy decision and I wish I hadn't killed Dan.
The Produca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #43
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I saw the twist with the food supply coming a mile away but I enjoyed the episode nonetheless. At the moment this is easily my favorite episode.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #44
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Loved this bad boy. Excited to download the new one.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:44 AM   #45
Kno Logik

I liked this episode better than the first and I'm glad Larry ended up the way he did I couldn't stand him. Can't wait to see what these bandits bring to the group.
Kno Logik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #46
ShOcKsTa

DMG Messiah's Gamercard
It was good but not the best episode :/

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/@shocksta360
ShOcKsTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:40 AM   #47
scheezy

ScHeEzY's Gamercard
i thought this episode was seriously fantastic. it started off slow, and i seriously trusted them, even though i do admit they seemed a little off. however, i love the route the episode, very dark, and towards the end it seems like lee may be our new leader.

i just finished it, and i really want to talk about it, but i'm ready to start the next, haha.
scheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #48
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scheezy View Post
i thought this episode was seriously fantastic. it started off slow, and i seriously trusted them, even though i do admit they seemed a little off. however, i love the route the episode, very dark, and towards the end it seems like lee may be our new leader.

i just finished it, and i really want to talk about it, but i'm ready to start the next, haha.
Ha
Ha
HA

Lol.. Enjoy Ep 3.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #49
SneakerSavage

SneakerSavage's Gamercard
Yeah I had a few of the lag spots but nothing to get crazy about. Overall this episode was pretty cool although they didnt really explain the new characters that much like the guy that lost his legs.
SneakerSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #50
maxxmisery

maxxmisery's Gamercard
Just finished this up, and I loved the episode.

I figured right from the start that the brothers were up to something. They just seemed to be too nice. Was completely expecting the cannibalism storyline, but they pulled the story off well.

Surprised by the death of Larry, thought he would be a pain in my side for at least another episode or two.

Rationing out the food was a tough choice, I really had to put some thought into it, but I'm glad with the decisions I made regarding it.

Overall, I enjoyed it much. Gonna start story 3 tomorrow, can't wait!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #51
GAThrawn

GAThrawnMIA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydumbdude View Post
It was very predictable but I'm glad they got cannibals out of the way. I was sure the game would have them eventually somewhere.

I was arguing with someone on another message board about it. On my second play through in the tent there is a picture with the lady and a little girl. It doesn't look like Clem and if it was I'm sure the main guy would have commented on it. My guess is her daughter got eaten and in her head she thought Clem was her daughter/replacement for her.
I'm guessing that you didn't pick up the video camera in the camp site. Right at the end, after you've found the food-filled car, you're given batteries for the camera, and get to watch the video on it.

The video is taken by the woman from the campsite, mostly from a vantage point up a tree overlooking the motel. In the video you can see our survivor group walking around in the motel, and Clementine playing, as the woman's voiceover says:

"Oh darlin' baby look at you, look at you.
You need a momma, sweetheart.
We won't let them bandits get you will we?
You're thinking you're safe, sitting there actin' like things are the way they used to be.
The dead don't kill their own, it's the living you've got to be afraid of, the people I used to call friends, the people who took...
Don't worry little girl, bandit's got their eye on that dairy
..."

Sounds to me like, she doesn't know Clementine's name, lost a child to the bandits ("people who took.."), and wants to mother Clementine and look after her as a replacement child. Definitely not Clem's mother.
GAThrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 AM   #52
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
It was solid, way better than the first episode. Adding cannibals made things really exiting and intense Can't wait to start Ep.3 when I have time.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #53
saltboy47

Saltboy47's Gamercard
Thumbs up

I personally loved this episode, best in the series in my opinion.
saltboy47 is offline   Reply With Quote