Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Action > Fruit Ninja
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-30-2013, 03:16 AM   #1
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
-Offline 20/20 [200/200]
-Online None
-Approximate amount of time to 1000 3-5 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed Multiple (no story)
-Number of missable achievements None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No Cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements? No
-Glitchy achievements Over Achiever
-Unobtainable achievements None
-Extra equipment needed? Windows 8 PC or tablet

Fruit Ninja for Windows 8 is pretty much the same game as the Windows Phone and Kinect versions of the game, in which you have to slice through various fruit whilst avoiding bombs. Sounds simple enough but needs lightening quick reactions and a deft eye. The Windows 8 version can be used on a PC or a tablet, but is much easier with a touchscreen device or a mouse. It is still not too bad with a tracker pad but will take you longer.

Step 1

Start of with Arcade Mode. Note that all fruit you slice across all game modes will add onto your total fruit sliced. Start up your first game and do nothing, just let yourself die to unlock Wake Up, for scoring zero. In your next game score just 1 point, and then again score just 1 point to equal your top score for Are You Kidding Me?!
Continue playing and try to score exactly 69 points for Tee Hee Hee, passing 50 points on the way there for Fruit Ninja. The next score you want to aim for is 99 to unlock Almost A Century. Passing 100 you will unlock Great Fruit Ninja, and 200 will unlock Ultimate Fruit Ninja.
There are a few other achievements that should pop while going for Ultimate Fruit Ninja. Lucky Ninja requires you to get 6 critical hits in one game. Critical hits are random, so you need some luck, but you can increase your odds by purchasing some Bomb Deflect upgrades, allowing you to deflect up to 3 bombs per game, meaning you should survive longer.
At some point you will see the Dragon Fruit, this is rare, but you will see them once in a while. Slice one of these for Year of the Dragon. Again Bomb Deflects will help with these.
There are three achievements for slicing certain amounts of certain fruits in one game also, so keep playing arcade mode until these are unlocked.

Step 2

Start up a game in Zen mode. You need a score of 200, but you can increase your chances of this by buying the Berry Blast upgrade. This makes all strawberries worth 5 points. Just slice carefully, and you should easily unlock Moment of Zen.

Step 3

Start up arcade mode. Be warned that at the minute the game will freeze on you when you get to the results screen. Arcade mode is the easiest place to get Combo Mambo. This is for slicing 6 fruit with one slice. Wait until you see the red and yellow banana, slice it to get a load of fruit chucked at you. Line it up carefully and slice through 6 for this to pop.
The last achievement from arcade mode is Over Achiever, for getting a score over 400 after bonuses. You can increase your chance by buying a load of all the powerups so get extra points, time, and deflecting bombs. Unfortunately the glitch makes the game crash before the results screen shows up, so to get round this, do the following:

1) Load up Fruit Ninja
2) Go to the desktop and switch the date backwards (I used September 1st)
3) Go back to Fruit Ninja and you should see a message that says "disconnected from xbox live"
4) Play with this "offline" profile and obtain the arcade mode achievement
5) Once you see it unlock for the offline profile switch back to the desktop and sync your pc time with the internet
6) Go back to Fruit Ninja and press the sign in button
7) Once you sign in check your achievements once (don't know if this forced xbox.com to update but the first time I checked the achievement was not unlocked)
8) Go to xbox.com and hopefully the achievement has been updated

Thanks to DarkxMaterials for this solution.

Mop Up

Continue playing classic mode, as you will more than likely need lots of fruit to slice whilst heading for Fruit Annihilation. There are 5 achievements for 45 for slicing a total of 10000 fruit. You can also revisit any game mode for anything else you may have missed.

Conclusion

As with Fruit Ninja, this is a fun game and a great timewaster. The achievements are relatively easy to get, but at the moment the Arcade mode is broken so it takes longer than it should to get your 10000 fruit sliced. Be warned, that apple looked at you funny...Go get him!

Last edited by Corrupt.; 04-01-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:37 AM   #2
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Fruit Ninja 5
Get a score of 50 in Classic Mode

See "Ultimate Fruit Ninja"

Great Fruit Ninja 5
Get a score of 100 in Classic Mode

See "Ultimate Fruit Ninja"

Ultimate Fruit Ninja 10
Get a score of 200 in Classic Mode

The score related achievements will come with practice. Bigger point scores will come with criticals, combos and special fruit which will all give you bonuses. Make sure when you see the special fruits to slice them as much as possible, as they will clear the screen and you will get an extra miss after every 100 points. Once you get the hang of it scores way bigger than 200 shouldn't be an issue.

Fruit Flight 5
Kill 150 Fruit Total

Fruit Blitz 5
Kill 500 Fruit Total

See "Fruit Annihilation"

Fruit Frenzy 5
Kill 1000 Fruit Total

See "Fruit Annihilation"

Lucky Ninja 10
Get 6 criticals in one round in Classic Mode

Critical hits are completely random so as the achievement name suggests, luck is the key to this one. There are no tricks or tips to stack the odds in your favour, just get lucky. You will most likely need a high score as the longer you are playing the more chance of criticals. With some good luck you will get this while going for "Fruit Annihilator"

Year of the Dragon 15
Slice the secret fruit!

This is obtainable only while playing classic mode. The secret fruit is big, red and has green spiky bits on it, and is pretty rare. As soon as you see it, slice through it for this achievement.

Fruit Rampage 10
Kill 5000 Fruit Total

See "Fruit Annihilation"

Fruit Annihilation 20
Kill 10000 Fruit Total

This is not as time consuming as it sounds. This is cumulative over all game modes, and once you get the hang of it you should easily be getting 150-200 fruits sliced per game. As soon as you slice your final fruit, this one will pop.

Go Banana 5
Kill 10 Bananas in one round of Classic Mode

See "Purple is a fruit"

No doctors here 10
Kill 15 Apples in one round of Classic Mode

See "Purple is a fruit"

Purple is a fruit 10
Kill 20 Plums in one round of Classic Mode

The fruit specific achievements are all in classic mode. You will need to slice ten bananas, fifteen apples and 20 plums. Each fruit type has to be in the same round (game). As the fruits appear random it could take you less than 100 fruits to show, or even over 300. Using powerups such as bombs deflect will help you last longer and increase your chances of more of the fruit you need showing.

Are you kidding me ?! 10
Fail with the same score as your personal best

Your personal best score will be shown in the top left corner of the screen. You need to make sure you fail when your score matches this. This is easier done early on when you have a lower high score to beat.

Combo Mambo 15
Slice 6 fruit in one combo

This is much easier to get playing Arcade mode. Slice the frenzy bananas (stripy red and yellow ones) and you will get lots of fruit thrown out at you for around 5 seconds, without any bombs. Wait until you see 6 lined up nicely and swipe them. If you get all 6 with one swipe this will unlock.

Moment of Zen 15
Achieve a score of 200 in Zen Mode

You can increase your chance of getting a high score in Zen mode by buying yourself the Berry Blast item from the shop. This will give you 5 points for every strawberry you slice, giving you a nice score boost. Other than that, just slice and dice your way through carefully.

Over Achiever 15
Get a score over 400 after all bonuses in Arcade Mode.

It is possible to get a score of over 400 without any powerups, but you will make life a lot easier for yourself by buying as many as you can of everything. Stock up on Bombs, Peaches and Berry Blasts, and go for big combos. This will pop at the results screen after all bonuses are calculated.
Unfortunately, at the moment Arcade mode is glitched, and the game will freeze/close before the bonuses are added on. Until this is fixed use the following steps:
You only need to do these steps if the game freezes at the end of Arcade Mode every time.
1) Load up Fruit Ninja
2) Go to the desktop and switch the date backwards (I used September 1st)
3) Go back to Fruit Ninja and you should see a message that says "disconnected from xbox live"
4) Play with this "offline" profile and obtain the arcade mode achievement
5) Once you see it unlock for the offline profile switch back to the desktop and sync your pc time with the internet
6) Go back to Fruit Ninja and press the sign in button
7) Once you sign in check your achievements once (don't know if this forced xbox.com to update but the first time I checked the achievement was not unlocked)
8) Go to xbox.com and hopefully the achievement has been updated

Thanks to DarkxMaterials for this solution.

Wake up 10
Get a score of 0

Start a game up on any mode and do nothing. Just sit there until three fruit have dropped and you have lost all your lives for this to unlock.

Tee Hee Hee 10
Get a score of 69

Simply get a score of 69. Fruit will start coming faster when you get near it, so try not to go too crazy and go over.

Almost a Century 10
Get a score of 99
Simply get a score of 99. Fruit will start coming faster when you get near it, so try not to go too crazy and go over.

Last edited by Corrupt.; 04-03-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:38 AM   #3
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Reserved for guide
Old 04-04-2013, 02:19 AM   #4
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 26 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Fruit Ninja (W8) Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!
Midnight calling. Mist of resolving. Crown me with the pure green leaf.

ALL HAIL FRANCIS!
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Wtf. I grinded all the way up to 10k fruit slashed in classic mode only and didn't get a single secret fruit yet. Is there something I am missing? Other than me being the unluckiest person alive?

EDIT: Of course, as soon as I post this, I get the fruit as soon as I started the next game. I was only like 20 points in. Complete!

Also, Corrupt, for all of the slashing fruit achievements, the game actually totals your score, not precisely the amount of fruit you slash. That is pretty important. I was grinding solely by hitting all fruit individually for a while, thinking that the game would just get unnecessarily harder if I try for combos that increase my score faster. So maybe some tips to grinding fruit can be added. Which mode yields the most score the fastest essentially!

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 130 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 06-21-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
keung

keung360's Gamercard
God, thought this would never end. I got the 10k achievement, then proceeded to slash at least 6000 fruits before it finally showed up. What a pain in the arse.

Btw, I was trying to find this info myself, but couldn't. The dragon fruit shows up in between waves. At least it did for me. I was stressing to slice every fruit and hitting no bombs (I used the bomb deflect) because I thought the dragon fruit would appear in the middle of a wave, and I would accidentally hit a bomb or drop a fruit and game over before being able to slice it.

100k Dec 23rd 2011 | 111,111 Feb 6th 2012 | 123,456 Feb 25th 2012
keung is offline   Reply With Quote