PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > DmC: Devil May Cry
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #31
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
For mundus Spawn, I did this (note that all mentioned moves might need to be fully upgraded):

1: Grab his weak point, Rebellion YYY, Arbiter Y, back off, repeat until eye opens.
2: Hit his eye with fully charged Overdrives until he closes it or falls. Repeat if necessary.
3: When Lilith comes out, activate Devil trigger, Arbiter YY, Trinity Smash x2, Rebellion YYYY.
4: Repeat 1-3.

His moves are hard to demon evade, except for the disco balls he sometimes throw. If he does, dodge it for the damage bonus, hit his weak point with above mentioned string and his eye will instantly open, then you can easily get Lilith to come out.

Btw, I just beat Mundus Spawn on DMD, and I got an SS in style, but still got SSS on the mission. Weird.
i thought using devil trigger loses a lot of points?
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #32
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
i thought using devil trigger loses a lot of points?
That's using the super costume, not devil trigger
Old 01-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #33
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
That's using the super costume, not devil trigger
ah i see, so do you not lose any points at all for using devil trigger then?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #34
Harry94

Pear of Justice's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
ah i see, so do you not lose any points at all for using devil trigger then?
Nope, you actually get more I think because there's more bonuses.

Harry94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #35
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry94 View Post
Nope, you actually get more I think because there's more bonuses.
bollocks i never knew that, i always thought you got docked points with using an item like devil trigger.

cheers.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #36
Topherion

Topherion's Gamercard
Using Devil Trigger doesn't knock points. However, using an item to restore the DT bar so that you can trigger it would incur a point penalty, though that might be moot if you can rack up more than 10000 points.
Topherion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 AM   #37
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topherion View Post
Using Devil Trigger doesn't knock points. However, using an item to restore the DT bar so that you can trigger it would incur a point penalty, though that might be moot if you can rack up more than 10000 points.
im doing well at the moment, i watched a few videos showing how to beat certain enemies, that overdrive is a godsend at times, that and arbiter Y Y pause Y.

just missions 19 and 20 left for SSS ranks now to do.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #38
Crimson Death

Anyone got any tips for the boss on mission 10?

I can't seem to beat him without getting killed from those lasers!

Thanks Gackt.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #39
uhKillswitch

uhkillswitch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post

You need to hit the orange platforms with Eryx stomp (RT and B while in the air) to make him vulnerable.

for the
- green lasers: double jump when they move back together
- blue laser: Angel Boost (LT and A while in the air) to the left or right away from it.
- pink laser: watch to direction in which the lasers are rotating and and jump or double
jump over them in the opposite direction.
- yellow laser: you have “noisy“ and clear “windows“; you will be fine by just jumping
through the clear ones.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #40
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post

this is the video i used.....

Old 01-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #41
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
got the achievement now, thanks for all the tips, weird how i watched a video of the last boss and he ended up being the easiest of the lot.

i ended up 724th on the leaderboard on that mission and im rubbish.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #42
Gemgemchan

Gemgemchan's Gamercard
Been going through the missions most of them I got SSS rank but on seven of the others I can't seem to get SSS. I can't remember the missions all off by heart and what grade I got for each, but mission 4 I keep getting SS.

So any good combos to use?

Trinity smash is good I've been using that from what the previous post said. I try to juggle the weapons I use but I've seem to hit a wall.

Also I keep getting SS rank in 8, 9, 11, 12, 16, 17.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Last edited by Gemgemchan; 03-18-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Gemgemchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #43
VirusDave 138

VirusDave 138's Gamercard
ULTIMATE TIPP FOR TRIPLE SSS!

Guys, i swear I played Level 17 25times minumum...
The Score Goal is ca 246.200, i checked in the bestlists! it is the first SSS Score the over the SS mark!

So. after playing forever and just getting a Score from 241K I read about the second Patch!
After clearing my Cache and playing without Patch, I got 333.397 on FIRST Try!!!
Made a few Devil Avoid Moves and cheesey combos, and after the first bigger area I had over 180.000 !

If you guys have heavy trouble, go the (yes, it is) cheap way, and play without updates! May it will work for you too!

BTW, Levels 1-16 was a piece of Cake (patched Version) but 17 was horror pure!

Hope this may help someone out there

On some posts I think people donīt buy Games, they buy Achievements

VirusDave 138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #44
Gemgemchan

Gemgemchan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusDave 138 View Post
ULTIMATE TIPP FOR TRIPLE SSS!

Guys, i swear I played Level 17 25times minumum...
The Score Goal is ca 246.200, i checked in the bestlists! it is the first SSS Score the over the SS mark!

So. after playing forever and just getting a Score from 241K I read about the second Patch!
After clearing my Cache and playing without Patch, I got 333.397 on FIRST Try!!!
Made a few Devil Avoid Moves and cheesey combos, and after the first bigger area I had over 180.000 !

If you guys have heavy trouble, go the (yes, it is) cheap way, and play without updates! May it will work for you too!

BTW, Levels 1-16 was a piece of Cake (patched Version) but 17 was horror pure!

Hope this may help someone out there
I'm trying lvl 17 atm but can't get an SSS. Removed the cache but I keep getting SS grade. time and completion is SSS but my style is SS. Ive done this level 3 times so far with the deleted cache but my average score for style is 214,400.

Also got mission 12 left and keep getting SS on that and I got 307,000 style points too! How's that not enoughhhhhhhh?!

Last edited by Gemgemchan; 03-21-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #45
VirusDave 138

The hard part in Lvl 17 is, that you just have 2 greater areas to fight and in this areas you have to do the most points as possible!

You can get an INSTANT SSS Multiplikator in the first area! You know the big Saw- Guys? Co close to him, make a demon avoid or dodge and then make a double-jump and land with a full loaded fist-Stomp in the smaller enemy group... this should bring you a instant sss and then kill the enemies as fast as possible and donīt get hit! Should bring you 180000 points right in the first battlearea...

sorry for my strange descibles... if you have questions, just ask and i will try to explain my tactic better!
did not have all the english terms for the different attacks by the hand!

Old 03-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #46
Gemgemchan

Gemgemchan's Gamercard
Quote:
The hard part in Lvl 17 is, that you just have 2 greater areas to fight and in this areas you have to do the most points as possible!

You can get an INSTANT SSS Multiplikator in the first area! You know the big Saw- Guys? Co close to him, make a demon avoid or dodge and then make a double-jump and land with a full loaded fist-Stomp in the smaller enemy group... this should bring you a instant sss and then kill the enemies as fast as possible and donīt get hit! Should bring you 180000 points right in the first battlearea...

sorry for my strange descibles... if you have questions, just ask and i will try to explain my tactic better!
did not have all the english terms for the different attacks by the hand!
Okay I shall try your way and see how it goes. I hope it works T-T annoying me like crazy this achievement

Old 03-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #47
VirusDave 138

holy crap, my english sucks! Read my quote and found a lot of wrong words^^

may this will help you a bit too:

I have seen a "Bad Review" about DMC where te guy made my INSTANT SSS... with the "fist" but i canīt find the link, sry!

But you will deal higher damage when you emptying your cache and in combination with demon avoid a triple SSS is not the problem!
Just donīt get hit when you have your Multiplier and you should make a lot of points in the first bigger fight!
Also, when the level starts take the RIGHT way, you will face a Red and Blue Knight then, if they donīt drop from the platform you also can make ca. 10.000 points by them and carry a good Rank over to the first big fight!

you have time enough in this mission, Iīm sure you got the collectibles and beware of using items! Devil trigger should be half full when you come to the second "arena"!
You can use it, when you get to the Witch and "Samurai" dude! the colosses are not that hard do kill and with demon avoid and a short conbo into there back you can build up another good Rank! My best strategie was....

when he rush to you -> Demon avoid -> pull yourself up to him -> 3 or 4 strikes -> pull him to the ground -> slash the sh*t out of him!

i still have the patch installed now and i will try to get a good rating again, but I think itīs a big difference between patched and unpatched version!

Wish you luck and skill to get this cheevo done!

Iīm also just a decent gamer and DMC was the first in the series i really have played!
remember the score limit from 246.200, if you are far under or just close up to 120.000 in the first area, donīt waste time...resart the level!

My best score in the patched version was 156.000 in the first area and i finished the level just with 241.000!
not enough!!!

Old 03-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #48
Gemgemchan

Gemgemchan's Gamercard
Quote:

DmC Demo: Instant SSS - YouTube

I have seen a "Bad Review" about DMC where te guy made my INSTANT SSS... with the "fist" but i canīt find the link, sry!

But you will deal higher damage when you emptying your cache and in combination with demon avoid a triple SSS is not the problem!
Just donīt get hit when you have your Multiplier and you should make a lot of points in the first bigger fight!
Also, when the level starts take the RIGHT way, you will face a Red and Blue Knight then, if they donīt drop from the platform you also can make ca. 10.000 points by them and carry a good Rank over to the first big fight!

you have time enough in this mission, Iīm sure you got the collectibles and beware of using items! Devil trigger should be half full when you come to the second "arena"!
You can use it, when you get to the Witch and "Samurai" dude! the colosses are not that hard do kill and with demon avoid and a short conbo into there back you can build up another good Rank! My best strategie was....

when he rush to you -> Demon avoid -> pull yourself up to him -> 3 or 4 strikes -> pull him to the ground -> slash the sh*t out of him!

i still have the patch installed now and i will try to get a good rating again, but I think itīs a big difference between patched and unpatched version!

Iīm also just a decent gamer and DMC was the first in the series i really have played!
remember the score limit from 246.200, if you are far under or just close up to 120.000 in the first area, donīt waste time...resart the level!

My best score in the patched version was 156.000 in the first area and i finished the level just with 241.000!
not enough!!!
Omg I love you!!!

Just got my SSS did everything you said about the 10,000 points and then the demon evade and stomp thing. And then the trinity attack as well as demon trigger on the last round.
I got 297,936 on style.

Such a relief doing this mission all over now. Now only mission 12 to go!

Edit : just did mission12 and got my achievo ! Thankyou soooooo much!!

Last edited by Gemgemchan; 03-25-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #49
Snafu420

SNAFU 0420's Gamercard
Here is some tips use rebellions ground combo y,y pause, y again hit them in the air and use rebellions arial rave and use the scythe and do the other combo to take him more in the air then just do a normal y attack with rebellion ten demon pull him back do the same with the scythe ten switch to eryx(the hulk fire gloves and knock him to the ground and if a lot of enemies are underneath you use Eryx smash move down to the ground must be charged fully to deal massive damage and tank up style poits I went from A rank to SSS combat rank by soon that one combo.
Snafu420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #50
VirusDave 138

yeah snafu but you are a sickfuck at this game
My method works also for mortal gamers!

Cheers and Peace

Old 04-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #51
II Squallxyz II

II Squallxyz II's Gamercard
Quote:

DmC Demo: Instant SSS - YouTube

not enough!!!
I'm trying doing this instant SSS several times but I can't get more then A... >< Is there something I don't know, something like a patch or w/e?
II Squallxyz II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #52
ParadoxReal8

Send a message via Skype™ to ParadoxReal8

ParadoxReal8's Gamercard
The only one I need for 1000G Duh!

This one is really hard.
I've finished every diffyculty, and just beat Virgil on Hell or Hell which was really frustrating. But SSS on every Stages?!!
I can got it on most of it, the others SS, so maybe one day...
Oh well!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #53
o0ArA0o

o0ArA0o's Gamercard
A good but not so easy way for getting some extra points for your SSS Style Mission score is Kablooey. Saved my ass more than once.
What you have to to is, push yourself on an SS or SSS rank with the Demon Evade - whatever combo. Stick one enemy with the max amount of Kablooey arrows as fast as you can - Demon Evade and nuke the arrows. Gives you with an SS rank >33.000 style points for one enemy.

And the biggest tip is like already mentioned - kill the update from your HDD, this makes obtaining SSS Mission Rank ridiculously harder. If you want to get a time stamp on your achievement save a Boss fight or the Mission "The Trade" for last.
o0ArA0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #54
Shovel Justice

Shovel Justice's Gamercard
I've done the first 7 or 8 missions without too much trouble, had to replay 6 a few times before I got enough style points.

I'm having trouble with Vergil though, I decided to skip ahead and get him out of the way after I had so much trouble beating him on Hell and Hell. I can't seem to get the right balance of style points and time to get the SSS. Is this easier without the patch or is my best bet to rely on demon evade?
Shovel Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #55
playmore

HUN playmore's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovel Justice View Post
I've done the first 7 or 8 missions without too much trouble, had to replay 6 a few times before I got enough style points.

I'm having trouble with Vergil though, I decided to skip ahead and get him out of the way after I had so much trouble beating him on Hell and Hell. I can't seem to get the right balance of style points and time to get the SSS. Is this easier without the patch or is my best bet to rely on demon evade?
I got my SSS on my first try yesterday on Vergil. I got hit many times, didn't even expected to get it but finished the level anyway. So the only thing I did was shotgunning the swords and evade (not even demon evade most of the time) when he did his other attacks THEN did a Trillion stabs (forward, forward in his general direction then spam Y) as soon as he missed me and opened up. The stabs raised the meter very fast. I got like 53k in the end for style (SSS) and the time and collectibles were SSS too of course.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #56
Shovel Justice

Shovel Justice's Gamercard
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it another try.
Shovel Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #57
VirusDave 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Squallxyz II View Post
I'm trying doing this instant SSS several times but I can't get more then A... >< Is there something I don't know, something like a patch or w/e?

Clear your cache... this removes the patch, then you will gain more points for attacks which make the SSS easier!
you get more style points then

Old 11-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #58
o0ArA0o

o0ArA0o's Gamercard
Quote:
Clear your cache... this removes the patch, then you will gain more points for attacks which make the SSS easier!
you get more style points then
In fact you donīt get more points for your attacks, but without the patch your Demon Evade gives you a higher increase of your style levels and these levels deplete slower, which means it takes longer before a style rank falls to a lower one.

And to point that out again like mentioned in my last post - use Kablooey
o0ArA0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #59
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
Really thankful for the clear cache trick, I was actually stuck on mission 8 (eyeless) for some reason I could not get it. Cleared cache and score over 100k more than I needed.

Only have 6 levels left, including level 17. I'm scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #60
Vitamin Dean

CMxDean's Gamercard
Clearing the cache for mission 17 is a MUST did it first time after doing so, it's the only mission I've had any problems with.
Vitamin Dean is offline   Reply With Quote