PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
FaW II HaVoK

DB 149's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Exclamation How To: Obtain 9 Achievements for 185G in 10 minutes [SPOILERS]

Ill keep it short and sweet,

Achievements unlocked through this method:
Need More Spots Up Front 35G
Dismember 250 Limbs

Not a Scratch 30G
Complete a Marked Destination on the Map without Taking Any Damage

You're Just Not My Type 10G
Complete a Marked Destination on the Map without Being Grabbed by a Walker

Say Hello to My Little Friend 10G
Complete a Marked Map Destination Using Only Firearms

It's Gotta Be the Brain 45G
Dismember All Limbs of 5 Walkers

Have a Nice Trip! 20G
Kill a Walker That Is Falling Due to Dismemberment

Next Step: Bullet Belt 15G
Fire 300 Bullets

Down to My Last 15G
Complete the Game with Only 1 Firearm and 1 Bullet Left in Your Inventory

Need a Hand? 5G
Prevent a Walker from Damaging You by Severing Its Attacking Limb

-------------------------------

At the very end of the game you will be given the objective to reach the evacuation helicopter at the stadium.

About half way through, after missing the first helicopter; you'll get a cutscene - After this cutscene it refreshes the "Complete a marked location..." achievements so you can get up to this point being hit, shooting, killing, being grabbed etc. ( Im confirming this myself as i got the living hell kicked out of me before i got to this cutscene but i manage to finish the second half unharmed and it popped for me. )

Now, After this cutscene - Run straight to the objective dodging as many walkers as you can. NOTE: From this point you should only be using firearms. Try your best not to get hit. Once at the helipad, rinse all your ammo for a gun you have least ammo for down to 1 last bullet - You'll want to save this for later. Chill on the helipad with the assault rifle (helps if you shoot the gas tanks scattered about the place) and hold off the zombies until your brother turns up and you jump in the humvee.

Now here is where the achievements come in to play.
NOTE: When inside the humvee you CAN take as much damage as you like. It will NOT void any achievements as the humvee is taking damage - not you.

Begin by pressing BACK and opening your inventory. Drop EVERYTHING but your weapon of choice with 1 last bullet.

Start the bloodbath by shooting all the limbs off 5 walkers. Take off their arms first then the legs. AFTER SHOOTING 1 LEG THEY WILL FALL TO THE GROUND - SHOOT THE SECOND OFF WHEN THEY ARE ON THE FLOOR.

After you've grabbed that 45G, Shoot 1 leg off a walker and watch it wobble. As its falling to the ground, try to take out its head. Thats another 20G.

Now go for the zombies that are closer to the humvee. You'll notice the majority of them have their arms flailing at you - Aim for the attacking arms. Hopefully you'll blast the walkers attacking arm off, pocketing another 5G ( this achievement is about 95% luck in my opinion).

After you've grabbed yourself these achievements, finish off the remaining zombies and enjoy the really anticlimatic final cutscene. Not a Scratch, You're Just Not My Type & Say Hello to My Little Friend should pop just after if you've done everything right.

You can also rinse and repeat this method to get 250 Severed limbs as the game keeps track of all progress towards achievements even if you quit, replay mission or die.

Hope this helps anyone trying to finish of the achievements!

Last edited by FaW II HaVoK; 04-09-2013 at 02:22 PM.
FaW II HaVoK is offline   Reply With Quote