PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-09-2012, 04:17 AM   #31
liquidfire

LordCleavage's Gamercard
I'm not a hardcore gamer by any means, and I found hard, not that difficult. There were some places that made you figure out mechanics. (Ivy, I'm looking at you). But overall it was just figuring out how it worked. I played a bit on my wife's easy save, (maybe 10 or 15 min), then jumped into a hard run (she got the game for fun, so I felt the need to finish up the achievements).

The hardest part is figuring out the combat system. Once you get that down pat, the rest of the game is a breeze.

20 retails 100%

Boosting
Halo 3
Halo Reach
Peggle
liquidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:23 AM   #32
One Winged Joker

DarkSephiroth93's Gamercard
I remember me doing it without investing an excessive amount of time on it, and without too many frustrating moments. Like many have said, it's all about familiarizing oneself with the combat system. When you learn how and when to use a variety of techniques, as well as counterattacks' timing, bosses' movements, and stuff, you'll be fine. Far from being easy, but definitely not one of those games which make you give up on them. Go for it!

One Winged Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #33
Aidexx

Aidexx's Gamercard
The Last battles are quite hard, because you cannot afford to make more than two or three mistakes, and there are enemies coming at you from every direction. It took some time even on normal for me, so hard is most likely out of an option.
Aidexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #34
napoearth

napoearth's Gamercard
I may be the only one but the two titans with all of the goons right before you fight Joker was about the hardest for me. Trying to fight goons off while getting a batarang shot in was a pain.
napoearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #35
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidexx View Post
The Last battles are quite hard, because you cannot afford to make more than two or three mistakes, and there are enemies coming at you from every direction. It took some time even on normal for me, so hard is most likely out of an option.
I'm playing this again on the PS3 for fun as I traded in my 360 version, I remember Ivy was hard for me on normal, got her coming up soon, doubt I will try it on hard.

I got through Arkham City on New Game+ though just about, but still.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #36
HTownBoi

HTownBoi's Gamercard
I personally think it's one of the easier games to beat on hard.

4000th- Bossk, defeat 200 wookies, Force Unleashed
5000th-Just Saying Hi, Farted on every buddy in the game, South Park: TSOT
HTownBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #37
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by napoearth View Post
I may be the only one but the two titans with all of the goons right before you fight Joker was about the hardest for me. Trying to fight goons off while getting a batarang shot in was a pain.
I agree with you. This was by far the hardest part for me on the Hard difficulty. I died at least seven or eight times before getting it. Poison Ivy was more annoying than anything, but I only had to retry that one once.

For anyone starting the hard run through, I recommend keeping one armor upgrade for this double titan fight right after Poison Ivy, and maybe one for the Ivy fight. The rest of the game is a cakewalk if you have played Arkham City before this game (which I did).
Old 01-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #38
mercyforme

mercyforme's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey View Post
I agree with you. This was by far the hardest part for me on the Hard difficulty. I died at least seven or eight times before getting it. Poison Ivy was more annoying than anything, but I only had to retry that one once.

For anyone starting the hard run through, I recommend keeping one armor upgrade for this double titan fight right after Poison Ivy, and maybe one for the Ivy fight. The rest of the game is a cakewalk if you have played Arkham City before this game (which I did).
Absolutely what he said. You really should have no reason to use an armor upgrade outside of a major fight. For the titans, the multi-batarang was really useful. It seriously helped my likelihood of tagging the titan while it was midcharge without having to stop and aim.
mercyforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:34 AM   #39
psydoll

dymagate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTownBoi View Post
I personally think it's one of the easier games to beat on hard.
Seeing as I'd not long completed it on normal before my attempt on hard I felt I had a good chance at it. Definitely worth a go, the main game's a lot more forgiving than most I've attempted on 360 on the hardest difficulty setting. If you didn't get the restart point after the first time you take down Ivy it'd be a proper marathon as an example!

I think I maybe even read it on this site but if you save your armour upgrades for the boss fights (they replenish your energy when you use them) then you'll have a much better shot at beating the story. You only get four though I think. I had most problems with the fight with the waves of enemies and two titans shortly before Joker.
psydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #40
Lammkottet

Lammkottet's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock420RVD View Post
took over 100x to get past Bane LMAO

who else is gonna be "a bitch" on hard?? I remember Ivy was really difficult on EASY lol
Bane is actually kind of easy on hard. Instead of fighting the henchmen I just ran around them/avoiding them with (A). The only thing I did what batarang on Bane so he ran into the wall. When his HP was down I hit him two times to remove his pipes. When trying this tactic I completed it on my first try.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lammkottet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #41
EMBAwesomer3

EMBAwesomer3's Gamercard
If you already beat it on an easier difficulty, it is so much easier because you know what to do, and can't get stuck for too terribly long in 1 spot if you keep at it
EMBAwesomer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:02 PM   #42
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by db_teamextreme View Post
I'm about to start this game and wondering how difficult the game is compared with some others games hardest levels e.g Veteren in Call Of Duty.

Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks
Well honestly you can't really compare this game difficulty to a first-person shooter difficulty. To me it's the definition of a HARD difficulty, not too easy and not too hard either, well balanced. Once you get used to the combat system (do some challenges for practice) and know the strategy for boss-fights the game becomes even on the hardest settings enjoyable! Don't be scared of the Bat.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:34 AM   #43
EthanMcl

EthanMcl's Gamercard
pretty easy...the predator sections are a bit annoying...
EthanMcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #44
W. Samuel Jones III

WSJ3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Well honestly you can't really compare this game difficulty to a first-person shooter difficulty. To me it's the definition of a HARD difficulty, not too easy and not too hard either, well balanced. Once you get used to the combat system (do some challenges for practice) and know the strategy for boss-fights the game becomes even on the hardest settings enjoyable! Don't be scared of the Bat.
Well said.

I think this is the best Batman game. The games that followed seemed to have too many repetition in the combat and predator challenges and the tacked on MP on the last one was HORRIBLE!!!

I hope that the Arkham Knight next gen game makes up for that last one that was released.