Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #151
Sgt Slithe

Sgt Slithe's Gamercard
This did not work for me.
I know they have patched it, but I cleared my cache and played offline. As soon as the Old School cheev popped I dashboarded and re-loaded the last checkpoint and changed the difficulty to Hardcore but no cheev.
This obviously doesn't work for everyone.
I fucking hate this glitchy POS game. The times I had to replay parts because I fell through the floor or got stuck in a filing cabinet was a joke!
Really didn't want to play this 3 more fucking times
Sgt Slithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #152
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Then don't? Seriously, I hate when people complain about having to play a game 3 more times. If you don't like the game, move on. Don't play a game just for achievements, because trust me that is so boring if you hate the game.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #153
Phunky

Easy achievement. The trick is to just be careful with the painkillers because you don't get any extra ones on hardcore, so you don't want to end up stuck somewhere without any. If I felt I was using too many in one area I let myself die and then did it again until I maybe used just one. I got to Becker with 9 painkillers and killed him on my first attempt.
Phunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #154
bl4nkx

bl4nkx's Gamercard
Unhappy

Just a quick update from me.

I finished the game on old school, got the achievement as soon as the final game ending cinematic played with Rodrigo stumbling from the planes wreckage.

I dashboarded the game and I went back in and after 'lowering' the difficulty and it did not work for me. I enjoyed my second run through but I am not playing the game again for a measly 20g on Hardcore? IMHO, Rock* should have have made all difficulty achievements stackable. Because this is nonsensical what they have done. I still have my game save right before you have to shoot down Rodrigo's plane but ... no clue why it did not pop for me?

So that's my two cents? Also from what I gather the game save is tied to dlc and all the updates that you download over a period of time. So I don't how understand how playing the game offline with all patches and dlc deleted ( a clean slate ) will allow you to boot up an old game save? As It gave me an error when I tried to simply delete the updates and patches and left everything else. I am yet to try the 'clean-slate' approach.

I love the MP too much lol top try this!

Last edited by bl4nkx; 12-17-2012 at 01:10 PM.
bl4nkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #155
bigbadron

NOTbigbadron's Gamercard
i am sad to see this no longer works. i will probably give it a shot when i unlock hardcore, but if it's stupid tough, i'll just abandon it.
bigbadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #156
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
It didn't work for me either. Oldschool was fun, but I probably won't do a Hardcore playthrough just to get the 20 achievement points.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #157
Dannyb01y

Thank god for reading this thread before playing. Didn't patch the game and just played it off line to get the hardcore achievement. I fancied another play through like I fancied playing NYMHC. Not at all!

Not played such a frustrating, challenging game in a long time!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #158
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyb01y View Post
Thank god for reading this thread before playing. Didn't patch the game and just played it off line to get the hardcore achievement. I fancied another play through like I fancied playing NYMHC. Not at all!

Not played such a frustrating, challenging game in a long time!
It was indeed challenging and frustrating, especially the Panama and Police HQ levels, but the Story was so good that I didn't mind playing through the game 6+ times to get all the Story-related achievements

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #159
JPlex

Wisenheimer10's Gamercard
I want to tackle Old School and Hardcore and I have noted that the glitch does not work anymore but I was wondering if I beat it on Hardcore right away will it stack?
JPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #160
peppersken

The PEPman's Gamercard
Just CONFIRMING it still works to play offline on hard and then old school, and upon beating it on old school, you can reload and switch to hardcore and will still work. Saves an entire playthrough and very helpful.
peppersken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #161
Damien

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersken View Post
Just CONFIRMING it still works to play offline on hard and then old school, and upon beating it on old school, you can reload and switch to hardcore and will still work. Saves an entire playthrough and very helpful.
Just tried it and it dont work. I tried clearing the cache, deleting the update file and playing offline. Nothing seems to work. I even tried different combinations of the things I tried and still dont work.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #162
DubaiESP

Dubai ESP's Gamercard
This should work If I clear the cache... right? I mean, If it was fixed with a patch, I should be able to do it without it...

50.000 Gamerscore achievement: "Gong Show" - Left 4 Dead 2
1st in Spain to 1000g: Guitar Hero Metallica, Guitar Hero 5, NBA 2k10, NBA 2k11, and NBA 2K12.
DubaiESP's Youtube Profile - Subscribe Now!

DubaiESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #163
XiX_FaTe_XiX

XiX FaTe XiX's Gamercard
I bought the GoD version and tried this. I removed all MP updates, removed the TU in the save file, and cleared my cache. Played offline and beat it on Old School. Didn't work.
XiX_FaTe_XiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #164
Doc Lolly

doctor lollypop's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiESP View Post
This should work If I clear the cache... right? I mean, If it was fixed with a patch, I should be able to do it without it...
no because the title update is actually a save on the harddrive and if you remove it and try to play it will give you an error and then freeze.

The only way for you to get this achievement w/ the glitch is to remove the title update and your single player save (but that erases everything) beat hard then beat old school and then do the glitch. But in my opinion it isn't worth it since u have to do 2 playthroughs again.

going kerouac on everybody's ass for 21 years
Doc Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #165
Combat Wombat

xXCombat Wombat's Gamercard
So this still works as of today, correct? Might have to try this if it does.
Combat Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #166
h4mm32

Send a message via AIM to h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Wombat View Post
So this still works as of today, correct? Might have to try this if it does.
it may or may not depend on what static version of the disc you get, the software on the disc will make a big difference one whether or not this is doable
h4mm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #167
tuaya

I have the GoD version, with all updates and shit..
Just finished my Hard playthrough and I was wondering if anybody could pls confirm if they found any wayaround to unlock Hardcore chievo using this method... thx
tuaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #168
Matthew649

Thanks for posting this, man. I'm on chapter 8 of Old School and will try the method once I finish.

Oakley Sunglasses

Free Beauty Samples---Receive Now
Matthew649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #169
jamiefors

Jamiefors's Gamercard
Does it work or not ?? lol
jamiefors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #170
shooterking69

mastershoter's Gamercard
I just beated the game on hardcore and did chapter select to earn the road kill achievement.

"Golly, I Better Make Batman A Sandwich Before He Slaps Me Like The Bitch I Am." -Superman
shooterking69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #171
roolf92

roolf92's Gamercard
Hi
First time i played and completed game on hard (with autoaim on so i didnt get chevo for that). Then i completed on the hardest difficulty with autoaim off so i got an achiev for that. Then one difficulty level lower and when i completed game all 3 remaming achievments has popped up. I dont know why it happened but its ok
roolf92 is offline   Reply With Quote