PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim > Dragonborn
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
Stalhrim

Okay, so I've completed the main quest. Turns out I haven't had to find the kindappers for Baldor Iron-Shaper. He's already at the forge. But I can't talk to him about making Stalhrim armour. Infact, I can't talk to him about anything but selling and buying.

What gives? I have my free house from Raven Rock and he's there, without the quest to go find him, and the main quest for Dragonborn is completed. How do I craft Stalhrim armour?

Creazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creazil View Post
Okay, so I've completed the main quest. Turns out I haven't had to find the kindappers for Baldor Iron-Shaper. He's already at the forge. But I can't talk to him about making Stalhrim armour. Infact, I can't talk to him about anything but selling and buying.

What gives? I have my free house from Raven Rock and he's there, without the quest to go find him, and the main quest for Dragonborn is completed. How do I craft Stalhrim armour?
he needs to be kidnapped to activate the chain of events that leads to you crafting stalhrim. taken from the achievement guide;

To be able to craft Stalhrim weapons and armor you will need to be taught how to do it by the Skaal village blacksmith named, Baldor Iron-Shaper.

Before you go looking for him, you must first finish a quest in Skaal village from the town leader, Fanari Strong-Voice, who will task you with taking out a bandit leader. After you have completed this, ask around town until someone tells you about the blacksmith who has gone missing. This will then activate a mission for you to go and rescue him from his kidnappers who are trying to get his secrets to crafting with Stalhrim.

When you have rescued him, he will ask you to go and retrieve a map from a newly arrived Thalmor leader, which shows Stalhrim locations on Solstheim. After you retrieve this map and take it back to Baldor Iron-Shaper, he will finally share his secrets to crafting Stalhrim, allowing you to create Stalhrim weapons and armor.

As soon as you create your first item the achievement will unlock.

*Note. You will need to have at least a level 80 in Blacksmithing and the perk to be able to craft Ebony to be able to craft with Stalhrim.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
I have level 80 in blacksmithing and I've completed the main questline for Dragonborn. Baldor is there, he's in the forge so he isn't missing. I can't seem to find the quest to find him. He's constantly at the forge so he hasn't gone missing.

Help?

Old 04-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Quote:
I have level 80 in blacksmithing and I've completed the main questline for Dragonborn. Baldor is there, he's in the forge so he isn't missing. I can't seem to find the quest to find him. He's constantly at the forge so he hasn't gone missing.

Help?
have you done the quest that you get from the Skaal village leader? its the woman in the main hall. do her quest and it will activate the blacksmith being kidnapped, which you find out about from someone called dior, i think.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
The Great Hall is empty. I've never found no leader of Skaal.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #6
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
The Great Hall is empty. I've never found no leader of Skaal.
well, thats how it is activated. you need to have completed a miscellaneous quest from the Skaal village leader, called Fanari Strong-Voice and to have completed the main story and he will be kidnapped and you find out form dior and continue from there. if you haven't met these requirements then he wont be kidnapped and you cant craft stalhrim. sounds like you have been glitched then. maybe the leader isnt in her main hall, so look around for someone by that name and do their quest, if they have one.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #7
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Send a message via MSN to The Pants Party

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
It's glitched for you, dude. If you arrive at the village and interrupt the automatic dialogue between Deor Woodcutter and Fenari Strong-Voice when you first enter the village, he never gets kidnapped. Or one of those NPCs are dead and that glitched it. The same thing happened to me.

You'll need to load an earlier save, or like me, start a new character.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
The real question is: where was your penis?
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:45 AM   #8
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
It's glitched for you, dude. If you arrive at the village and interrupt the automatic dialogue between Deor Woodcutter and Fenari Strong-Voice when you first enter the village, he never gets kidnapped. Or one of those NPCs are dead and that glitched it. The same thing happened to me.

You'll need to load an earlier save, or like me, start a new character.
It'll be a new character for me. But not before I get the rest of the achievements I need first. I'll end up playing another character for countless hours for 20G lol. I do love this game though so it don't annoy me too much.

It's 'cos as soon as I started Dragonborn I went round exploring and found the town. But I only tried talking to that girl's dad, couldn't and left. But I did go back when I found out about half way through the main questline and must have interrupted it there. Fanari doesn't appear for me anywhere.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:26 AM   #9
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Send a message via MSN to The Pants Party

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
They can die when you cleanse the stones. Those demons randomly kill them. That's what happened to me, Deor got killed and never was able to have that scripted conversation with Fenari.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
The real question is: where was your penis?
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
I watched my little brother do this quest last night, and realised that the other guy gives you an awesome quest afterwards too. It's such a shame it glitched for me. The quest after the Stalhrim one was amazing.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
I watched my little brother do this quest last night, and realised that the other guy gives you an awesome quest afterwards too. It's such a shame it glitched for me. The quest after the Stalhrim one was amazing.
Before you give up hope.... are Deor Woodcutter and Fenari Strong-Voice alive? Can you find them? and do you not have earlier saves?
ShaggyB is offline   Reply With Quote