PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #211
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
1. Not trying to make it sound like I'm doubting this guide, but as this is a community guide, who has final say on what solutions go in the guide? The author of the thread? I realize that many people may offer solutions for these achievements, but if say four different people post solutions for one achievement and they are all different but equally good, who decides which one is best?

Other than that, it looks like a solid guide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
1. I have the final say as to what goes into the guide. Your issue would be a problem if more than half of the achievements had submitted material--but in all honesty I've done more than half of the solutions myself as they there hasn't either been discussion on them, or people just default to what I put down. The few instances where we have conflicting "best solutions" I will need to sift through the material again and find out which one is the "best."
Quote:
1. It may not be the situation for this guide specifically since it's the first, but that issue of multiple solutions for an achievement may eventually come up in another community guide that may not be so easy to resolve, especially if it's a AAA title like Halo, CoD or GoW, since everyone will want to get their two cents in (and probably be pissed more if their solution isn't taken over someone else's).

Like I said, it's good that you are trying out new ways to write a guide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
On the note of the guide itself and it's conception it will most likely be the only I attempt. Frankly I think the project had too many faults compared to the good it produced and caused too much tension to be deemed a true success.

Live and learn though--and I'm glad we tried this.
Exactly the point I was trying to make. It was worth a shot.

Technically, if the author of any guide is open to suggestions and discussions in a guide thread and actually takes said suggestions, doesn't that really make it a community guide despite being only one author? But then again, you have guide authors who say "this is my guide, take it or leave it".

I know I always put it out there in the post after my guide is posted for people to offer suggestions, corrections and changes if they feel any are needed. I've used suggestions and made changes before and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It's the site's guide after all, created for the community, so why not value the communities input?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead X View Post
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #212
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Exactly the point I was trying to make. It was worth a shot.

Technically, if the author of any guide is open to suggestions and discussions in a guide thread and actually takes said suggestions, doesn't that really make it a community guide despite being only one author? But then again, you have guide authors who say "this is my guide, take it or leave it".

I know I always put it out there in the post after my guide is posted for people to offer suggestions, corrections and changes if they feel any are needed. I've used suggestions and made changes before and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It's the site's guide after all, created for the community, so why not value the communities input?

Heck yeah. I know I won't attempt this community guide idea again, but for my future guides I am definitely going to go out of my way to encourage people to contribute. I just like the mixture of ideas and solutions as it lends itself to the community as a whole--something we all can strive for.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:46 AM   #213
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the Achievement Guide. I know it isn't complete, but it at least helped me get 960GS on this in only two days. Works for me, I'll be trading this in.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #214
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Thanks for the Achievement Guide. I know it isn't complete, but it at least helped me get 960GS on this in only two days. Works for me, I'll be trading this in.
Awesome, glad you could use the guide to grab almost all of the points. It'll be done in the coming days as I flesh out the style of roadmap I think would work best.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:43 AM   #215
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Alrighty, I think I'm pleased with the way the RM is set up now. Comments, questions or additions?

Don't worry about simple editing yet, I'll do a cursory run through and then will have ya'll nitpick closer to the 19th.

Remember we can't submit until the month grace period is up so we have plenty of time to work on it some more.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #216
AgEnT STARZz

AgEnT STARZz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Finally found my last survivor and got my 1000g, cheers for the guide.

Currently on 101'937 (03/09/13)
Working on: Mass Effect 3(1375/1550), GOW3(1825/2000)

GoW3: Rank 49(Blue) (Seriously 3.0 - 51/65 Onyx - 94.34%)

My Girlfriend takes up to much of my time these days
AgEnT STARZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #217
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgEnT STARZz View Post
Finally found my last survivor and got my 1000g, cheers for the guide.
One more game to check off eh? Glad you liked and could use the guide.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:47 AM   #218
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Alrighty ladies and gents. With just 7 days until the guide can be posted in the submission forum I would like some help proof-reading it.

I've gone through a couple of times and found some slight errors, but another set of rested eyes or two might help.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #219
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Not sure where I should put this, because quite frankly I think most people don't care. The solutions for Stay Together, Stay Safe and The Hunted Becomes the Hunter on the checklist guide are switched, most people shouldn't have a hard time figuring it out, but it is still an error.

Also something that isn't really a big deal, and will probably never change... the missable achievements line in the roadmap. "None, but you will have to replay the game if you miss something" Isn't that the EXACT definition of missable? It would be much more clear if you just put "Lots, see roadmap"

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 06-13-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #220
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
Not sure where I should put this, because quite frankly I think most people don't care. The solutions for Stay Together, Stay Safe and The Hunted Becomes the Hunter on the checklist guide are switched, most people shouldn't have a hard time figuring it out, but it is still an error.

Also something that isn't really a big deal, and will probably never change... the missable achievements line in the roadmap. "None, but you will have to replay the game if you miss something" Isn't that the EXACT definition of missable? It would be much more clear if you just put "Lots, see roadmap"
1. Fixed those errors.

2. Edited the wording.

Thanks for finding those quirks.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #221
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
HEH I was looking at the 2 achievements that were switched all night since I missed them my 1st run, JUST looked at them and couldn't figure out what was different lol. Didn't expect anyone to even read my post, thanks for the quick fix. I guess I could have added great guide, it has helped me immensely to keep my time spent on this game to a minimum.... at least gameplay got better once I got ahold of the X-bow... popping walkers through the face and pulling out the arrows from the (more?) dead ones was pretty cool, especially mixing that and executions, felt kinda badass... but yeah overall, glad I just rented for 2 bucks, mostly for the points, a little to see if it was THAT terrible, cause most games aren't as bad as the rep they get.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:31 AM   #222
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Awesome work! I appreciate all the work you put into it!
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #223
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRaptorz View Post
Awesome work! I appreciate all the work you put into it!
Glad you were able to use it and enjoyed it.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #224
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamescastle1231 View Post
Nice video mate, definitely a super easy way to grab the achievement.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #225
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Quote:
Some more good videos, thanks for sharing.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #226
Turdboi

Turdboi's Gamercard
Great guide, saved me a load of playthroughs following this. 1 question though if I'm travelling from 1 town to another, get a survivor, continue route then it skips to the cutscreen where the car is dead, and restarts the route from the beginning, does that survivor count towards the achievements. Cheers.

Turdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #227
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdboi View Post
Great guide, saved me a load of playthroughs following this. 1 question though if I'm travelling from 1 town to another, get a survivor, continue route then it skips to the cutscreen where the car is dead, and restarts the route from the beginning, does that survivor count towards the achievements. Cheers.
So long as the saving icon happened and you traveled with the survivor to at least one stop you should be credited with having traveled with that person.

If you never made it to a unique stop with the survivor then no it will not count.