PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
bigbbubba

bigbbubba's Gamercard
OMG Holly gaines!

Holly can go fuck herself I can't find her. She is the last survivor I need and I've played thru specifically for her 2 times now
bigbbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
She was the very last one I needed too. Best advice I found that helped me get it was over at TA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Jon
Fontana to Cleburne -or- Cleburne to Lemon hill Random Survivor:
-Holly Gaines is a random survivor you will find while driving to or away from Cleburne. You will know when you have the right area (it says Diner) when you reach a Diner and *ALL* the walkers are mysteriously dead (by my hand of course, just kidding). All the walkers in the area will be lying lifelessly on the floor so just make your way to the wooden cabin in the back left and search the back rooms until you find Holly Gaines hiding in a corner (room with a window).
Found out it HAS to be to or from Cleburne. There is no other way. If you don't get this location before reaching Cleburne, dashboard out. You will know you won't get it if you hear Daryl starting to talk to Merle in the car. This is when you want to dashboard.

Also I used back roads. Probably doesn't matter but back roads are best bet I would imagine. It tells the game to stop more basically, which means possibly a higher chance to find her.

SOURCE:
http://www.trueachievements.com/a174...chievement.htm

Last edited by Nevander; 04-12-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
amacteur
Graphics Team

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
She was the very last one I needed too. Best advice I found that helped me get it was over at TA:

Found out it HAS to be to or from Cleburne. There is no other way. If you don't get this location before reaching Cleburne, dashboard out. You will know you won't get it if you hear Daryl starting to talk to Merle in the car. This is when you want to dashboard.

SOURCE:
http://www.trueachievements.com/a174...chievement.htm
I can confirm this works like a charm. I got her on the way to Cleburne. Took me 2 or 3 tries before she shows up on the highway
Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
bigbbubba

bigbbubba's Gamercard
So Is it best to do backroads or highway?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbbubba View Post
So Is it best to do backroads or highway?
Quote:
Also I used back roads. Probably doesn't matter but back roads are best bet I would imagine. It tells the game to stop more basically, which means possibly a higher chance to find her.
Personally I always used back roads. Only used highways when I was speed-running the game to finish the game with all the different people to get Infinite Ammo.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Thanks neveander I'm going to try that later tonight. I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with this.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #7
bigbbubba

bigbbubba's Gamercard
so just to make sure, i can do after leaving the hospital? I'm not familiar with town names off top of my head. Its the hospital that I went to get meds for Merle.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
bigbbubba

bigbbubba's Gamercard
I keep getting that area where she is but she's never there argh!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #9
bigbbubba

bigbbubba's Gamercard
Not only do I keep getting the diner, but at times there are several dead zombies, but it's never all of them. Any other tips? I'm doing the dashboard out thing...have several times and no dice
Old 04-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #10
Nevander

Just keep trying. Took me like forty tries, no joke.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #11
bigbbubba

bigbbubba's Gamercard
Can it be done on road to Lemon hill or have I been wasting my time?
Old 04-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #12
amacteur
Graphics Team

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Quote:
Just keep trying. Took me like forty tries, no joke.
Are you serious?

Maybe because you were on back roads. What I advise is go through highway, if the survivors doesn't show up on the first stop, press start and go back to main menu, then "continue". It's less time consuming than dashboarding and waiting for the game to load up
Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #13
Nevander

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacteur View Post
Are you serious?

Maybe because you were on back roads. What I advise is go through highway, if the survivors doesn't show up on the first stop, press start and go back to main menu, then "continue". It's less time consuming than dashboarding and waiting for the game to load up
Yes. She never wanted to show up. I always used back roads for getting random survivors.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #14
Brengun

Sir frotage's Gamercard
For me its Gloria Garcia, I have spent hours trying to find her...the guide on here says she is between Barksdale and Sherwood, can it be between any of the towns inbetween? Is it just random? If anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it, I have been quitting out a lot recently because I really can’t face another playthrough just for this achievement...
Brengun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #15
amacteur
Graphics Team

amacteur's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brengun View Post
For me its Gloria Garcia, I have spent hours trying to find her...the guide on here says she is between Barksdale and Sherwood, can it be between any of the towns inbetween? Is it just random? If anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it, I have been quitting out a lot recently because I really canít face another playthrough just for this achievement...
I got her on the road to Sherwood.

If she doesn't show up on the first 2 stops, press start and go back to main menu, then "continue". It's less time consuming than dashboarding and waiting for the game to load up.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #16
Brengun

Sir frotage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacteur View Post
I got her on the road to Sherwood.

If she doesn't show up on the first 2 stops, press start and go back to main menu, then "continue". It's less time consuming than dashboarding and waiting for the game to load up.
Thanks for this, I'm going to give it one more go tonight, honestly though I'm not sure I can be bothered for much longer, got better things to do!
Brengun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
amacteur
Graphics Team

amacteur's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brengun View Post
Thanks for this, I'm going to give it one more go tonight, honestly though I'm not sure I can be bothered for much longer, got better things to do!
If it doesn't work, you can start a new playthrough, you can rush the game in about 2.5/3 hours tops.

The thing is that if you haven't enough fuel, you may always stop to gather fuel and get less chance to see Gloria.

Well, good luck to you, I'm sure she will show up eventually.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #18
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Odd. Holly was the first random survivor that I encountered on my first playthrough. Selected [streets] at random after departing from the city with the logging camp. It was nice to enter a scavenging area with no enemies whatsoever.

Last edited by Buruma; 06-05-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Buruma is offline   Reply With Quote