PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Silent Hill: Downpour
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which game did you enjoy more?
Silent Hill: Homecoming 26 48.15%
Silent Hill: Downpour 28 51.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Silent Hill: Homecoming vs. Silent Hill: Downpour

So which did you enjoy more? I like Downpour but I seem to have better memories about Homecoming. I haven't played Homecoming in a long time but from what I remember I enjoyed the "otherworld" more and I felt it had scarier parts.

What about you?

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Downpour isn't bad but Homecoming has the atmosphere of traditional 'Silent Hill' better, plus there are 4 boss fights which help maintain the tension.

1st 1000G: Batman Arkham Asylum (PC)
1st Xbox360 game: Trusty Bell Chopin no Yume / Eternal Sonata

1st Xbox360 player to obtain Obsessive Compulsive (collect all loots in a single chapter) in Thief on 25/2/2014 at Trueachievements.org

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
I like Downpour a bit more than Homecoming. Hc had better monsters, but it was all about fighting.

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
MLG=Most Likely Gay

Send a message via MSN to MLG=Most Likely Gay

Che Guayaba's Gamercard
I dont see why these games gets so much hate. I enjoyed both very much, However I did prefer Homecomings' story and monster design. Downpour feels like you are just being chased by dirty homeless women and muscly dudes.
5.An Hero Plz 6.Fux My Lolipooper
7.BRB Losing Game 8.Projectile Dump
9.MR Butt Predator 10.Butter On My Balls
11.Anal She Wrote 12.Beyond The Labia 13.OnceYouGoAnal 14.Rectal Prowess
15.She Comes First 16.WARHAMMER 40GAY 17.FellatiOwnd 18.I Came She Cried
19.Areola Cola 20.Balls On Lips
21.Ballsdeep Lovin 22.BRB ButtFisting 23.ButtDEVASTATION 24.AssRomance
MLG=Most Likely Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #5
Foxofblades

Foxofblades's Gamercard
Man, that's a hard one. I definitely enjoyed Downpour more than Homecoming because I just liked the atmosphere better. I felt that Downpour held more 'true' to the original Silent Hill's than Homecoming. Idk. Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed them both hella. But if I had to choose, I'm goin' with Downpour (although the 1st Silent Hill is still the best)
Foxofblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxofblades View Post
Man, that's a hard one. I definitely enjoyed Downpour more than Homecoming because I just liked the atmosphere better. I felt that Downpour held more 'true' to the original Silent Hill's than Homecoming. Idk. Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed them both hella. But if I had to choose, I'm goin' with Downpour (although the 1st Silent Hill is still the best)
I was not going to put any of the original SH games in the poll because I'm sure they would destroy the two that came out on this generation of consoles.

I enjoyed Downpours atmosphere but I agree with MLG about the monsters. I thought homecomings monsters were a lot better.

My biggest problem with Downpour was the "otherworld". I thought it was lazy that every time you were in the otherworld you had to book it as fast as possible and couldn't just look around and enjoy the creepiness.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
KILLBOT

It's a no brainer for fans of the series.... Downpour. Pyramid Head appearing in Homecoming was a big 'fuck you' to fans. PH was part of James' nightmare in SH2 and should never have featured in Homecoming.... I still haven't got over that! =D
KILLBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #8
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltFoot85 View Post
Those that voted for Homecoming obviously have no idea what true Silent Hill is, that just felt like a different survival horror game.... Like The Room, this felt more like Silent Hill should with a great story.... Good exploration and some really eerie scenes, the thing that sealed this as better for me though was the side quests and that final boss against Wheelman
Well I never played the old Silent Hill games so I'm basing my opinion on the two that I listed. I may have played The Room I just can't remember. All I remember is some creepy ghost screaming "my eyes, MY EYES".

Not sure if it was SH or Fatal Frame maybe?

Either way I'm going to be picking up Silent Hill HD remake so I can see what all the hype is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLBOT View Post
It's a no brainer for fans of the series.... Downpour. Pyramid Head appearing in Homecoming was a big 'fuck you' to fans. PH was part of James' nightmare in SH2 and should never have featured in Homecoming.... I still haven't got over that! =D
I actually heard somebody else complaining about the same thing. I didn't know Pyramid Head was just a SH2 thing. I know when I saw him in Homecoming I nearly shit my pants.

In what order would you guys rate the Silent Hill games?

Old 05-01-2012, 05:42 AM   #9
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'm going with downpour billy. i really enjoyed it... Homecoming, not so much.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
B00K

b00k's Gamercard
I dig Downpour. It felt more like the originals than Homecoming. But i'm in agreement with everyone else. The monsters in Downpour aren't great. But I definitely LOVE the feel of this game. I have hopes for the next Silent Hill offering...
B00K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #11
garabee

garabie's Gamercard
gotta hand it too homecoming
garabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
NoOneHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLBOT View Post
True fans would realize that Pyramid Head isn't confined to James Sutherland. He also appeared as The Butcher in Origins and Walter Sullivan saw the "red devil" In Silent Hill 4. Pyramid Head is a manifestation of guilt and punishment and in Homecoming he represents the guilt of the parents who sacrificed their children which is why he never attacks Alex but kills Adam. Downpour shouldn't even be considered a Silent Hill game. The enemies in Downpour are not original at all, the level design gives me a headache, and the only boss fight is a giant guy in a wheelchair. Homecoming may have had improved combat but that is not a bad thing. Sure it has its share of problems like any game but Homecoming was a true Silent Hill experience.
NoOneHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
Aks90

Aks90's Gamercard
HC is better , I really didn't feel SH atmosphere in downpour
Aks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #14
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Downpour all the way. Homecoming, while fun, was a poor Silent Hill game. You could tell they tried but it fell short. Downpour was made by people who "get" this franchise. Only problem I had was that the enemies were of poor design, despite being metaphorically correct.

Homecoming made me roll my eyes a few times with some of it's "nods", plus some of the story elements, however, it was a fine survival horror game.

I just think Downpour was more, Silent Hill, than Homecoming was.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #15
Banu22elos

I'm a 1000G completionist.
Banu22elos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #16
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banu22elos View Post
I'm a 1000G completionist.
???? so am i... what does this have to do with the topic at hand?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #17
lonehorn78

lonehorn78's Gamercard
played both and I stay with HC cause it is larger, had better creatures including the horribly hot nurses and deadly bosses. Downpour has a nice enviroment but it is just running away from black belt karate witches and the extra missions were to few also keeping in mind all the lagg before the update was released
lonehorn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #18
JamesSunderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneHere View Post
True fans would realize that Pyramid Head isn't confined to James Sutherland. He also appeared as The Butcher in Origins and Walter Sullivan saw the "red devil" In Silent Hill 4. Pyramid Head is a manifestation of guilt and punishment and in Homecoming he represents the guilt of the parents who sacrificed their children which is why he never attacks Alex but kills Adam. Downpour shouldn't even be considered a Silent Hill game. The enemies in Downpour are not original at all, the level design gives me a headache, and the only boss fight is a giant guy in a wheelchair. Homecoming may have had improved combat but that is not a bad thing. Sure it has its share of problems like any game but Homecoming was a true Silent Hill experience.
Of course Pyramid Head is confined to James "Sutherland". The Butcher is just a copy of PH. And you are a true fan? Chapa el boconcio.
JamesSunderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #19
agrahim

I really liked both of them, but would say I liked Downpour more. Probably being able to run around and find "cameo's" from the entire series, plus liking the main character and the story was a plus. I've been playing since SH1 way back in the day (getting old ).
agrahim is offline   Reply With Quote