PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #61
artphobia

CthulhuCalamari's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
*shrug*
Some of us like 'trashy' games.
this, game of thrones, eragon, beowulf, etc etc etc...
artphobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #62
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It's really not too bad... It's like Dead Island Lite... super lite.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #63
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just started playing it tonight and... it's nowhere near as bad as some people keep making it out to be. It's getting better by the minute really. Starting out sucks, but I can't wait to be rocking infinite ammo and an AR after a play-through or two.

Plus I'm a die-hard fan of the show.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #64
Starkweather

StarkweatherXC's Gamercard
If it had been given the time to be developed properly like say Ghostbusters which they didn't do a bad job with then this this would have had a better outcome.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #65
mcpaddolive

mcpaddolive's Gamercard
I like the game, for what it is in the short time Activision gave Terminal Reality, TR didn't do that bad, obviously we all know it could be improved but I'm enjoying it. I'd like to hope there will be a future Walking Dead retail game that was given enough time, was agreed with Rob Kirkman, as I believe he had no input on Survival Instinct.
mcpaddolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #66
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Although if you got the deal with the free TWD keychain it was more worth it. HAHA!
Proudly rocking my zombie ear keychain.

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer, Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #67
TheDuster360

TheDuster360's Gamercard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-yZfhnsuuw

this is a video i made about the top ten reasons i like this game.
TheDuster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #68
lefman

GREG XX JORDAN's Gamercard
AMEN Pinkie--Well stated and true as hell!!
lefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #69
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLYMIDGET View Post
Proudly rocking my zombie ear keychain.
Hoorah and amen to that.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #70
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
I'm surprised this thread is only 3 pages.
More people need to put their ideas into a 250 character post of hatred in here.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #71
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
I play pretty much everything but this and Double Dragon 2 are the worst things released this year.
I've been a fan of many "bad" games before but this is pretty bad.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #72
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
just give john bernthal a chance to voice shane and his own game
Old 04-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #73
irish fury187

irish fury187's Gamercard
disappointing

After I noticed some of the random dead bodies would reanimate I decided to start stabbing them so they wouldn't creep up on me. the sound of me stabbing a skull made the same noise as me stabbing a road, a car, a wall, a door. That was the first sign that this game was poorly made. I looked past it, being a fan of the TV series and the telltale game. After fighting a few zombies, slashing the zombies faces to kill them was awful, really? face slicing kills zombies now? ok whatever I'll look past that as well. Then while trying to run away from a horde I find that darryl is disabled and isn't able to jump over cars. That's disappointing but now I know not to try that anymore. (This is all within the first 3 stages) I get to the part where you go into the police station and have to investigate the motel. I play it smart, I clear out all the walkers in the police station and shut the door leading into it, to prevent walkers from stumbling in and ambushing me, I spend about 45 minutes creeping around the motel clearing out all the walkers so it will be an easy trip back to the police station. I walk into the motel, grab the shotgun and when I get back outside there are twice as many walkers as there was previously, all scattered, so it wasn't like a horde had drifted in, I felt like I was fighting the hydra. Whatever though, I'll just haul ass back to the police station finish my mission and be done with it, but miraculously zombies are able to keep up with someone who sprints for 3 seconds and slows down. I get back to the police station with enough zombies following me to be comparable to prepubescent girls chasing justin bieber, I run into the police station shut the door behind me, and when I turn around SURPRISE!!!!! like 7 walkers throwing a birthday bash for me in the police station by this time I know that I'm screwed so I pull out my revolver and use my very usefull 8 bullets to kill 9 of them. YAY for zombies in single file lines. After that I'm in the middle of a moshpit. grapple after grapple after grapple, shove, mre, grapple grapple grapple grapple shove mre, repeat only with sports drinks, and not enough, zombies keep joining the fun. an hour+ wasted on one mission just to be killed 30 seconds away from my objective...I would deffinately recommend this game to masochists, everyone else I would suggest redboxing it.
irish fury187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:00 AM   #74
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
Irish fury I fully agree with ya. I died in that mission over and over then was backed wayyyyyy up to the generator over and over.
Perhaps one day I will just completely redo that level and give the game another chance. Once one messes up in that level you can pretty much stay screwed in a death loop.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:31 AM   #75
Goldneye1971

Goldneye1971's Gamercard
I was able to borrow it for free from our local library (awesome idea when you want to try out new games - $12 a year) I found the graphics were indeed dated. Reminded me a lot of a Left 4 Dead clone. But yeah...rushed. The story is what I'll play it for.
Goldneye1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #76
Skedar2023

Skedar84's Gamercard
I don't see how it compares to the games in the initial post. Those are not zombie games for one thing and the zombies actually bite. Left 4 Dead zombies never bite. They slap and stomp only and I do not understand that at all. I love the show, but the only issues I have with this game is that the ending was overdone with that helicopter crashing next to Daryl and he was able to simply get up and walk away and no co-op. Plus no help from the survivors in game.
Skedar2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:50 AM   #77
irish fury187

irish fury187's Gamercard
Wow. was expecting to come back here and read through hate mail, glad to see I'm not the only one who quit out on that level
irish fury187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #78
kjovhp

meh i really enjoy it
its a good game to just sit and play while doing something else
kjovhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #79
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I'll still buy this when it drops down to a tenner or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #80
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I'll still buy this when it drops down to a tenner or something.
yeah me too...but ONLY because I love the show.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #81
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I personally don't like the show, but I do like the comics and Telltale's game. Just caught the X360A review. 30%? Lol. And people keep going on about Aliens: Colonial Marines being bad (which got a 40% here). Yet I typically see TWD:SI being defended more than Aliens. People are willing to jump all over A:CM and call that one of the worst games they've ever played.

Is it because of how popular TWD show is right now? Both SI and A:CM seem equally as bad in my eyes. Wouldn't go near either of them.

And there's games out there that are a whole lot worse.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #82
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Well this game was absolute crap....

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #83
II N0 Scope45 I

II N0 Scope45 I's Gamercard
Yeah this game sucks, not the worst game iv'e played but in my worst 10 for sure.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #84
godsandm0nsters

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard
I don't actually think this game deserves all the crap it got, I think it's alright once you get into it...

Retail Completions: 62 | Arcade Completions: 26
Last Completion: Metro Redux (2000)
Currently Playing: Aliens Colonial Marines, Alien Isolation
godsandm0nsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #85
Keos432

MasterBlasters3's Gamercard
Thumbs down

tttttttttttt
Keos432 is offline   Reply With Quote