PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
SabadoGigante

Shelly Berger?

I think this is the last random survivor I need & i saw the abandoned neighborhood but it's sending me there for fuel & the neighborhood isnt exactlly abandoned I got swarmed by 22 walkers coming out of every backyard. So is this the right neighborhood or does she appear in a help a survivor mission not some random fuel mission. I think Im one of the minority who like this game overall, Im just confused.
SabadoGigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
amacteur
Graphics Team

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabadoGigante View Post
I think this is the last random survivor I need & i saw the abandoned neighborhod but it's sending me there for fuel & the neighborhood isnt exactlly abandoned I got swarmed by 22 walkers coming out of every backyard. So is this the right neighborhood or does she appear in a help a survivor mission not some random fuel mission. I think Im one of the minority who like this game overall, Im just confused.
I got Shelly Berger yesterday, abandoned neighborhood doesn't mean "no walkers". It's kinda hard to tell if you are in the right place, you have to sneak and look for a house with a black door, then enter and pray for the girl to be here. If not, just dashboard and try again...

As far as I remember, it was a scavenge mission. Good luck then.

By the way, any tips for Gloria Garcia? I've been looking for her for hours with no luck
Old 04-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #3
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacteur View Post
I got Shelly Berger yesterday, abandoned neighborhood doesn't mean "no walkers". It's kinda hard to tell if you are in the right place, you have to sneak and look for a house with a black door, then enter and pray for the girl to be here. If not, just dashboard and try again...

As far as I remember, it was a scavenge mission. Good luck then.

By the way, any tips for Gloria Garcia? I've been looking for her for hours with no luck
No real tips for Gloria I can think of. I can tell you I did grab her right before Sherwood after stopping for fuel one stop before Sherwood. I was doing backroads with the police sedan and only had Blake in my group.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:28 AM   #4
SabadoGigante

Thanks for the tip. I had run out of gas so I guess it wasn't a normal scavenge mission. I tried to break thru fences to enter houses & I was able to get into 2 of them but the houses were full of walkers. This small street had more walkers in a small area than any other place I've seen in my 2 playthroughs of the game. As for Gloria, I stumbled across her survivor rescue mission but she got killed by walkers so I couldnt bring her. She was standing on a train car.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabadoGigante View Post
Thanks for the tip. I had run out of gas so I guess it wasn't a normal scavenge mission. I tried to break thru fences to enter houses & I was able to get into 2 of them but the houses were full of walkers. This small street had more walkers in a small area than any other place I've seen in my 2 playthroughs of the game. As for Gloria, I stumbled across her survivor rescue mission but she got killed by walkers so I couldnt bring her. She was standing on a train car.
Yeah the thing about Gloria is that as soon as you see her and you see her drop down off the train car you need to kill the walkers quickly otherwise she dies off. Just gotta blaze through them that's all.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #6
amacteur
Graphics Team

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
No real tips for Gloria I can think of. I can tell you I did grab her right before Sherwood after stopping for fuel one stop before Sherwood. I was doing backroads with the police sedan and only had Blake in my group.
Thanks, I finally got her just before Sherwood.

@SabadoGigante: If she dies, just let you killed by walkers, the level will restart and give you another chance
Old 04-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #7
SabadoGigante

Finally got the scavenge mission where she was supposed to be but still no sign of her. This must be bad luck. Ugggg. Gonna keep trying.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
Skedar2023

Skedar84's Gamercard
Shelly Berger is not in the walker free zone, that is a house next to a diner that is empty. Shelly is found in a neighborhood full of walkers. You have to load the game until she appears. Dying never made her appear for me. If you leave with no fuel she will appear eventually.

Last edited by Skedar2023; 04-18-2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: missed one detail
Skedar2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #9
crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry's Gamercard
The girl in the neighborhood (with the long alley) will only spawn if you start the map with a chainlink fence to your right. Otherwise you'll be starting at the opposite end for any other type of mission you'd be doing in that locale.

The key to getting these random missions is to have a LOT of fuel. Because then your "stops" along your trip will be more likely to be random survivor missions. And take the back roads, which also raising the random survivor mission chance because you're lowering the chance that a mission will be a "your car broke, fix it" mission...the game would instead take a normal scavenge mission and convert it into a random survivor mission. If you're low on gas or take the highways, the game kinda steals away those random missions because you NEED gas to keep going and the highway is sorta designed to break your car down to penalize you for trying to save gas. Just redo that stretch of road until you get it.

If you have like damn a near a full tank by scavenging for gas in EVERY mission (it's usually always in the same spots), sending survivors out to scavenge for gas (only if you are using that Relic to help them bring back more stuff...because 1 fuel ain't gonna help much, lol), as well as picking the lumber yard mission due to a submission in their rewarding you with a nice chunk of gas....you're pretty much a lock. I've heard some that use this method got ALL of them in one playthrough.

Last edited by crunchb3rry; 04-22-2013 at 10:00 AM.
crunchb3rry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry's Gamercard
For Gloria, it's was easy for me. She was inside the train. You had to crouch to get in there, the walkers couldn't follow. So I just had to pick them off, then exit just to crossbow like 2 more further away. Gloria was never in any danger.
crunchb3rry is offline   Reply With Quote