PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #331
Firebrand SigilForge
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
When I played L.A. Noire as detective Cole for example, what I was most surprised by is how you could enter every building during the linear missions. The game was sort of scripted so that limited it, just like Alan Wake limited it but you could still interact with just about everybody.

In next-gen games, I just feel like we should be able to do so much more. I saw with Mass Effect them throw out this massive world, but almost every area was cut off by something..a tree here, a barrier there. I want to explore all those damn places. I want to be able to enter every building in Sleeping Dogs! How cool would that be? That isn't a bad thing right.

I just don't think it's asking too much to have a game world where you could explore everything. I would love if Microsoft experimented in this genre a little bit, maybe bought out an Indie developer to test the waters in Ireland. Some small time startup like Zeboyd games, only their expertise is all in making real life open world games/RPGs.

See these graphics for example? Why can't we have a Star Ocean 5 that looks like that. One that lets you enter all them buildings at anytime, one with graphics like that. Not exclusive, I mean put Star Ocean 5 on all platforms same for their next JRPG. But make the world massive...make the world real and totally alive. With linear stories still, of course.
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543933
I think that maybe if MS promoted some JRPGs sort of like that they would have lots of success, even when non exclusive. Because everybody wants to do more, they want to explore the game more. They don't want to be limited and tossed down a linear road, who wants that anyway? Lets have some more openly huge games like Record of Agarest War, only make 'em in total 3D with Star Ocean type graphics! And make it easy to customize how your NPC looks, not their identity/name but their body, arms and legs. Who wouldn't enjoy a JRPG that isn't about a spiky haired kid.

And then for first party games, man oh man, microsoft needs to make some of their Lost Odyssey type games to be 100% open world. I really want a game which is like Sleeping Dogs, but so massive every building can be entered. Every character can be spoken to, in any order, and the thing is so impressive it pushes every cell of the xbox GPU to its very limit. I would die for a game like that..It would be the hugest GTA killer ever made.
Firebrand SigilForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:49 AM   #332
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand SigilForge View Post
In next-gen games, I just feel like we should be able to do so much more. I saw with Mass Effect them throw out this massive world, but almost every area was cut off by something..a tree here, a barrier there. I want to explore all those damn places. I want to be able to enter every building in Sleeping Dogs! How cool would that be? That isn't a bad thing right.

I just don't think it's asking too much to have a game world where you could explore everything. I would love if Microsoft experimented in this genre a little bit, maybe bought out an Indie developer to test the waters in Ireland. Some small time startup like Zeboyd games, only their expertise is all in making real life open world games/RPGs.

See these graphics for example? Why can't we have a Star Ocean 5 that looks like that. One that lets you enter all them buildings at anytime, one with graphics like that. Not exclusive, I mean put Star Ocean 5 on all platforms same for their next JRPG. But make the world massive...make the world real and totally alive. With linear stories still, of course.
I find it funny that the way you plug these games, makes me want to go experience Alan Wake again. I just had to toss it in the disc tray all over again and feel the world's characters. Quite honestly, American Nightmare ranks up there as the most stunning adventure game I've played.

Buying an indie studio like Zeboyd Games makes sense, but they should have 'em work with Realtime Worlds to pull off the magic. I changed my mind about Alan Wake now, it's really, really good. It is so well done and episodic, that it has this Halo vibe to it. I want MS to own Alan Wake and expand that atmosphere, definitely. Remedy can then be free to make all kinds of new games, but to be honest, Alan Wake is meant to be first-party along with 1 other IP so they can make its world huge.

Star Ocean, Record of Agarest War etc. should be back next-gen again, I just don't see any reason to push exclusivity for MS. They already broke into the Japanese market and what will really make them take flight is first party software..very small-scale stuff like Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery,and other IP's. I simply see no reason for any money hats on 3rd party, since its so expensive and their strongest push is all in europe. But I do see them buying exclusivity for a smaller type game, such as a new Vesperia or other title. Just as long as its relatively inexpensive, they can basically double down their expansion in mainland germany and france where they'll really succeed.

I just find it very fascinating that no one has heard of Loose Cannon...Oh yes, it exists. It most definitely exists. In fact it's not some rumor like that topic assumes. As someone who has seen the game up close, it was just far too ambitious for any current PC. And from there, it was canceled.
http://www.tothegame.com/screenshots...on-for-pc.html

But to be clear? It would have been the best open world game ever made. Microsoft and Sinister Games had a golden egg on their hands. And the screenshots are proof of this, the beta test they did was flat incredible.

And so, it was never brought to fruition or released. It remained a beta test on the PC. But oh what I wouldn't give to see MS buy up the ex-developers, merge them with Realtime Worlds, and bring Loose Cannon to life on the most powerful hardware to date. Oh my yes, would that be the day. It would be a perfect mix of Sleeping Dogs, GTA, L.A. Noire and all the best story telling in a video game. But on such a hypothetical game, I would trust no one else except Sinister/Realtime Worlds/United Front Games/Team Bondi all working together under a new identity. All the top talent of the GTA era, all under one MS studio. Game on, beotch.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:59 AM   #333
Firebrand SigilForge
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaitakanaMendoza View Post
And so, it was never brought to fruition or released. It remained a beta test on the PC. But oh what I wouldn't give to see MS buy up the ex-developers, merge them with Realtime Worlds, and bring Loose Cannon to life on the most powerful hardware to date. Oh my yes, would that be the day. It would be a perfect mix of Sleeping Dogs, GTA, L.A. Noire and all the best story telling in a video game. But on such a hypothetical game, I would trust no one else except Sinister/Realtime Worlds/United Front Games/Team Bondi all working together under a new identity. All the top talent of the GTA era, all under one MS studio. Game on, beotch.
Oh shit man, do you mean that one game titled Loose Cannon that got started in 1997? Tony Zurovec's game, the one supposedly started after he finished Ultima.



Jeezuz does that game look amazing, if that's the Loose Cannon you meant. It looks over six times the size of Sleeping Dogs, and judging from Zurovec's resume...the whole bit about entering every building in the game looks entirely real to me.

http://www.actiontrip.com/previews/loose-cannon.phtml

Quote:
"Loose Cannon will take place in several cities in America, like: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, New York... The final version should have nine cities, but the number may be reduced to seven. All cities are extremely big, full of traffic, and sufficiently detailed that you can distinguish a great number of different landmarks. To make things better, the levels are completely open, and the player won't be restricted to wondering around town. You'll be able to exit the city and go to the countryside or another city at any point without having to load up a new level. There will be altogether three regions (California, Texas, and the East Coast region) and each of them should contain three towns and one huge countryside map."
Oh my god, what happened to this game!?!? Geezuz does that look big!
This thing is like a bad dream come true, now all I can think about is Loose Cannon with those sweet Sleeping Dog/Far Cry graphics. lol

Ok now talking system seller status, I am very sad to hear nothing ever happened with this. It could have sold 20 million LTD if Tony Zurovec's claims are actually true. If that thing's real, I would be flat astounded.

Last edited by Firebrand SigilForge; 04-23-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Firebrand SigilForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 AM   #334
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand SigilForge View Post
This thing is like a bad dream come true, now all I can think about is Loose Cannon with those sweet Sleeping Dog/Far Cry graphics. lol

Ok now talking system seller status, I am very sad to hear nothing ever happened with this. It could have sold 20 million LTD if Tony Zurovec's claims are actually true. If that thing's real, I would be flat astounded.
Aye, that's the one mate. Zurovec made a lot of claims, but one of them that was real early on is the bit about being able to enter every building. You could do it in the demo version.

Tony Zurovec was the Tony Montana of his day, always bragging. Later, he back-tracked on a lot of claims and canceled the enter every building idea. After that he claimed that was back in. Then of course, he claimed the multiplayer would be ahead of Halo. But after that, the game was canned as expected. It was just too ambitious for any current PC of that era, even the Pentium 4 couldn't handle the game.

In spite of all that, it's easily the best game ever (almost) made. I'd flat do back flips to have this game return finally on a whole new hardware. It's the one thing I wanted more than Halo. Unfortunately, it will never come to pass for a long time.

But oh my god, should it be resurrected it would outsell every GTA game ever designed. Last I heard, Zurovec is still working on beta tests for the game....to release in 2016.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:23 AM   #335
Superbmata
 
Superbmata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5

Superbmata's Gamercard
Talking My Dream Sequel

I really want to see a Half-Life 3 it's been way too long! Heck Half-Life 2: Episode Three never happened like I thought it was supposed to.
Superbmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #336
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbmata View Post
I really want to see a Half-Life 3 it's been way too long! Heck Half-Life 2: Episode Three never happened like I thought it was supposed to.
That game would make me flip my lid. To have Half Life 3 and Loose Cannon finally released would be most amazing day ever, renamed for modern day events.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:56 AM   #337
Spartan343DAlterias
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 52
Hell yeah, bring back Loose Cannon for the XBOX durango! Didn't M$ buy the IP off Digital Anvil, maybe doable one day? Bring it on mofo's I could lose the rest of the year into one game.

Quote:
"Multi-layered mission structure. “Loose Cannon” features more than 20 intricately detailed missions laced with Hollywood-quality cut scenes. Progressively challenging missions motivate the player to progress from the West to East coast. Missions include car chases, hostage rescues, escorting convoys, and attacking enemy bases. In addition, optional missions and tasks allow a player to make money to afford better vehicles and weapons."


http://www.tothegame.com/pc-195-loose-cannon-for-pc.html


What rhymes with the name Zurovec? Hype, that's what!
Spartan343DAlterias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #338
Firebrand SigilForge
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaitakanaMendoza View Post
Aye, that's the one mate. Zurovec made a lot of claims, but one of them that was real early on is the bit about being able to enter every building. You could do it in the demo version.

Tony Zurovec was the Tony Montana of his day, always bragging. Later, he back-tracked on a lot of claims and canceled the enter every building idea. After that he claimed that was back in. Then of course, he claimed the multiplayer would be ahead of Halo.
I don't think that was the whole story, though. It sounds like it would have been the sweetest game ever!
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/loose_c...reenshots.html

I guess you're implying it just couldn't be run on any PC's at all?

But on today's hardware, it could be done right. I just loved how with Detective Cole, I could enter the coffee shop and catch up on things. Or how you could go in any room in an investigation, little subtle details like that made it better. It felt like real life, too.

I hope to god such a game comes true on the new xbox. Even an xbox/PC release would be a dream come true for me.
Firebrand SigilForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #339
Firebrand SigilForge
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbmata View Post
I really want to see a Half-Life 3 it's been way too long! Heck Half-Life 2: Episode Three never happened like I thought it was supposed to.
I also want Half Life 3 and a Deus Ex killer, definitely. I couldn't wait to play Deus Ex 3 when it first came out.
Firebrand SigilForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #340
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand SigilForge View Post
I guess you're implying it just couldn't be run on any PC's at all?

But on today's hardware, it could be done right. I just loved how with Detective Cole, I could enter the coffee shop and catch up on things. Or how you could go in any room in an investigation, little subtle details like that made it better. It felt like real life, too.
That depends entirely on your definition of 'done'. As a game, the Zurovec team has started and canceled the Loose Cannon project more than six separate times already. Last I checked, they were still saying most modern PC's could barely run the game optimized.

If there is any award for game of forever, then Loose Cannon takes the crown. Its first problem is having the game actually run properly across all PCs. Then from there I'm hoping Realtime Worlds steps in, personally, and green lights the game to actually hit retail.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:57 AM   #341
Firebrand SigilForge
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaitakanaMendoza View Post
That depends entirely on your definition of 'done'. As a game, the Zurovec team has started and canceled the Loose Cannon project more than six separate times already. Last I checked, they were still saying most modern PC's could barely run the game optimized.
I get that part, I guess what I was getting at was maybe features of their game were not keeping a steady frame rate. Seems like a GTA killer the size of that would take up a kill ton of current memory. Maybe they needed a new engine to run it?
http://games.gamepressure.com/view_screen.asp?ID=690

It seriously looked frigging awesome. When I think of that, I think of the times I could roam over every valley in Dragon's Dogma. You know how the sky was always crystal clear blue, like an oasis. That way you could travel to any apothecary shop, steal their stuff, sell it back for triple price and then raid the dungeon. But not just that, the way you could roam to and fro every single location on the world map.


That's the kind of game I want to see, and looking at that french video of Loose Cannon I seriously wish it would come true. I really do man. It probably would be the game of the forever if somehow the specs backed it up and delivered the full thing uncensored. And my god, it would be the future of action games looking at above. So I have one more point to make, just what kind of technology would it take to do this...
Firebrand SigilForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #342
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand SigilForge View Post
It seriously looked frigging awesome. When I think of that, I think of the times I could roam over every valley in Dragon's Dogma. You know how the sky was always crystal clear blue, like an oasis. That way you could travel to any apothecary shop, steal their stuff, sell it back for triple price and then raid the dungeon. But not just that, the way you could roam to and fro every single location on the world map.

That's the kind of game I want to see, and looking at that french video of Loose Cannon I seriously wish it would come true. I really do man. It probably would be the game of the forever if somehow the specs backed it up and delivered the full thing uncensored. And my god, it would be the future of action games looking at above. So I have one more point to make, just what kind of technology would it take to do this...
I get what you mean bro, and I agree with the sentiments. What would it take to create a killer app that's over 20 times the size of GTA. Hypothetically, lets say such was possible as an actual game. In technology terms, it would require over 40 times the amount of horse power that's used to run Grand Theft Auto. That's just for simple ground level stuff.

Picture an engine so advanced, that it obliterates the likes of Fallout, Sim City and Crysis 3 running on HAVOK. Assume the world is more than 40x the size of Alan Wake to begin with, and the engine running it is therefore customized for NPC interactive scene work plus random events. Now multiply that by a factor of 5, in order to truly understand the scope of physics required to animate every single living thing to perfection. Imagine that it sports an advanced HAVOK lighting engine, just for in-doors effects and multiply the scale of the level trees by at least twenty five. Now you are talking the kind of tech this game would require.

But, I'm not one to dismiss things out of hand. So let's say such a game could be done hypothetically. It could only be done on a 12 core Pentium PC, with multi thread Quad-Cores for each set. All together, it could basically only be feasible on today's high end Dell Infinities or an upgradeable Xbox. It would also push the frame rate to be locked at around 40 fps, give or take. In addition to that, every single hair folicle would be animated. Each NPC would react in real-time, using pre determined HAVOK emulations. Every single movement would need to be random and react to random events, so over 20 times as advanced as what's seen in Sleeping Dogs. The game world alone would be a living, breathing emulation. Which means it could only be done on today's most advanced PC's, and an upgradeable Durango running the full Cry Engine 3 frame set.

However that technology is indeed here. Knowing what I know about certain megatons, Microsoft has most assuredly already bought out a certain Crytek studio. They are dedicated one hundred percent to massive exposure in Europe, so that little fact was guaranteed. That means Microsoft has acquired rights to using Cry Engine 3 like seen in the video above, only this time, for first party software titles.

Now stay with me here, because if those graphics seem unreal..realize they aren't. Ryse will use a basic version of such frame set. The more advanced frame set, will be deployed on real AAA titles. Hypothetically, the Zurovec brothers would just join Microsoft game studios...then the new AAA team that includes Sinister Games/Realtime Worlds & other top tier GTA developers would begin the completion of Loose Cannon. It wouldn't be called Loose Cannon anymore, it would feature the graphics above.

The ability to enter every building in the game, would be real. You would be able to enter multiple dance clubs, hot spots and discos at any time and the frame rate would keep steady. To keep the bandwidth cap under control, the cities wouldn't be as massive as the Zurovecs originally touted. But nonetheless, this game has been in development since before GTA3 was ever even announced. So you can bet a million dollars, that the cities will be fairly big and also 100% interactive.

There will be the ability to hijack any vehicle, deploy kung fu moves on enemies, shooting that clobbers Saints Row and ways to interact with every NPC in my dream version. On top of that, the game will utilize every single thread and processor in the Durango - the idea of being a Halo killer requires nothing less. It will also have a global launch, with a *cough cough* Loose Cannon movie planned for the box office. In Loose Cannon, Microsoft has a killer app that could crush up Halo. If Sony can do it with their Ratchet & Clank characters, why the hell wouldn't Microsoft?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...theaters-2015/


All that said, I don't think Ratchet & Clank will land as well with Irish and Italian audiences. I could be wrong, but I doubt it has the staying power. It seems more niche and akin to Heavy Rain. Whereas Alan Wake would be perfect for the cinema screen, Conker would be beyond epic for the cinema screen and something like Loose Cannon....Would be a $500 million dollar seller across the whole map. I believe Microsoft will bring Conker and Alan Wake to the big screen too, if Sony wants to toss Ratchet & Clank on there. After all, there's no drawbacks to such obvious spectacle.

But I do think they are banking on the wrong horse...Europe is the most PC centric nation in the biz. You don't change their flavors or preference, ever. The licenses won't permit it.

On top of that XBOX was always designed with PC parts, so much of their big megatons and first party will be for Europe. They will sell out like crazy in NA, but in Europe the sales will be strong too, once they get the full vision placed into action. I wouldn't be surprised if "Sony" leaves Japan as an after thought soon enough, since MS is likely going to kick them out of at least two major european countries. The shit will really get down and dirty this time around, which in between blows will knock that Wii U outta Europe entirely.

I expect to see a whole lot of...mind blowing Crytek related stuff and I don't even play Crysis. However when the chips go down, Sony will bring back Jak and Daxter - Conker's going to run over Ratchet. Therefore Jak/Daxter's coming back, and from there....the secret *****Toads will be unleashed to really rough up Daxter. I can see the whole war from here, and boy is it going to be sweet.

Last edited by RaitakanaMendoza; 04-24-2013 at 02:49 AM.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:58 AM   #343
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Talking

So let me make this point very clear once again. If Microsoft is really mulling over the idea of making a GTA killer for the next generation, it's going to be over a hundred times as big as Crackdown games. They are going to make it one hundred percent, not half way. They are going to play up a major partnership in Japan and let it be released there too, to which the game would even gross high sales over there.

And hypothetically it would be using this tech right here, with nothing less even close to acceptable. Especially for a first party game.

RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #344
Firebrand SigilForge
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaitakanaMendoza View Post
So let me make this point very clear once again. If Microsoft is really mulling over the idea of making a GTA killer for the next generation, it's going to be over a hundred times as big as Crackdown games. They are going to make it one hundred percent, not half way. They are going to play up a major partnership in Japan and let it be released there too, to which the game would even gross high sales over there.

And hypothetically it would be using this tech right here, with nothing less even close to acceptable. Especially for a first party game.

Introducing_ENODO - YouTube
If that's the case, I cannot wait to hear more.

I definitely would dig a Loose Cannon like game a lot more than Halo. If Alan Wake and their new game has those graphics I would faint on the spot.
Firebrand SigilForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #345
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand SigilForge View Post
If that's the case, I cannot wait to hear more.

I definitely would dig a Loose Cannon like game a lot more than Halo. If Alan Wake and their new game has those graphics I would faint on the spot.
Oy, that's just the beginning mate. CW the Television series has launched on 360. Major Nelson just confirmed it in his broadcast.

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/23/the-cw-comes-to-xbox/

Television shows like True Blood, Leverage, CSI and the Warehouse 16 series would be huge in Europe. Conker's next game would get huge advertising recognition on those shows. Combine that with the fact Alan Wake is turned into a TV series that hooks into a video game, and you got a gold mine.

The next Conker will feature co-op play with Berri, most probably. So I think Conker will be on the big screen soon, with Chris Seavor too. After all you can't predict how many millions Conker, Rated R, would make on the big screen....It could really make kit for Rareware too. With Alan Wake likely turning into a TV series I see it's a matter of time.

Funny how "Sony" fans always say MS focuses too much on entertainment....when MS is a multimedia company. And Sony just decided to turn Ratchet into a movie, who's the media hub now? The bottom line is if you got the expertise, doing both games and multimedia comes easy as smooth silk. Lets hope Sony's braggart about being a multimedia company is actually legit, and not hot air...or they might struggle.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #346
Firebrand SigilForge
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaitakanaMendoza View Post
The next Conker will feature co-op play with Berri, most probably. So I think Conker will be on the big screen soon, with Chris Seavor too. After all you can't predict how many millions Conker, Rated R, would make on the big screen....It could really make kit for Rareware too. With Alan Wake likely turning into a TV series I see it's a matter of time.

It sounds totally awesome to me, that's for freaking sure. Maybe this is why Nintendo DS is stopping production early.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130424e.pdf

I really believe this will have Vita start taking off in sales so more great games for everybody. Heck maybe from there we'll see 2 new smart phone handhelds. I just don't think Nintendo could ever compete with Apple, and they embarrassed themselves trying.

But Beyond Two Souls definitely looks sweet, I could see that one being a real nice movie. Willem Dafoe's the lead actor, a very worthy competitor to Alan Wake if I ever seen one.
Firebrand SigilForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #347
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand SigilForge View Post
I really believe this will have Vita start taking off in sales so more great games for everybody. Heck maybe from there we'll see 2 new smart phone handhelds. I just don't think Nintendo could ever compete with Apple, and they embarrassed themselves trying.

But Beyond Two Souls definitely looks sweet, I could see that one being a real nice movie. Willem Dafoe's the lead actor, a very worthy competitor to Alan Wake if I ever seen one.
Of course, this will likely lead to Vita eating away the DS market by cutting roughly one third of the installed base away. We all know already that the 3DS monopoly is over. It'll succeed since I'll be buying a Vita/smart phone.

Of course there's an hidden motive too, since those sales will spur MS & Samsung to release their own game phone. Then as result, I'll be able to play Alan Wake on the go. And frankly, Nintendo sort of deserves this. They rehashed all their shit for ten years while Apple came in with new innovative stuff, and just shaved away their whole market. If they actually cared about games they would've stopped 'em. Sony wasn't really that talented and neither was Microsoft.

If Nintendo was really about games, they would have defeated a music company & a media company long ago. Instead they lost terribly, and proved they don't know games. Their fall from grace in the portables arena was sorta expected, given they couldn't even defeat Apple. I don't look at it as a big deal, they were part of history and so what..history moves on.

Meanwhile, Sony has definitely crafted one of the better games out there in Beyond Two Souls. I know, since I'm buying it. It really will go nicely in the coming merger of games and movies. Without a single doubt.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #348
Cypher Sabrewulf
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
I really want to see Half Life 3 a lot. I also wouldn't mind a new Killer Instinct.

Halo 5
Lost Odyssey 2
Conker Bad Fur Day 2
Alan Wake 2
Monster something sequel
Loose Cannon (if that game is real and not a cruel joke, lol)
Banjo 3
Crackdown 3
Sacrelegium 2
Fable 4
Gears of War 4

Gimme those I'm set.

Last edited by Cypher Sabrewulf; 04-24-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Cypher Sabrewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #349
Spartan343DAlterias
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 52
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher Sabrewulf View Post
I really want to see Half Life 3 a lot. I also wouldn't mind a new Killer Instinct.

Halo 5
Lost Odyssey 2
Conker Bad Fur Day 2
Alan Wake 2
Monster something sequel
Loose Cannon (if that game is real and not a cruel joke, lol)
Banjo 3
Crackdown 3
Sacrelegium 2
Fable 4
Gears of War 4
I know the wait is just killing you dudes, but M$ just registered their official event site live. Let the games begin! I'm not gonna be saying anything much but I wouldn't be too surprised if some of them games show up all over the place....Maybe even something that rhymes with Vet Morse Semini but hey, that's the beauty of E3.

www.xboxevent.com
is live boys & girls, so lets predict the lineup!

http://www.tesco.com/direct/gifts-je...tId=4294924057

Not saying it would ever happen in a million years or nothing, but what would this lineup be like for the Xbox.

Halo 5
New Killer Rare IP
Killer Instinct
Half Life 3
??????? with lots of dragons and bad ass swords....
Some conks on the head and a really bad Fur Day.
Year one launch of Platform based Banjo
Knights from a large open world space RPG
Open world Monster Hunter (100% xbox)
A new Odyssey of Lost oceans of Nautilus
Mech Assault 3
ALAN WAKE 2
Extra secret special sauce from Rare
Open world Battlefield game

Oh shit, if that happens, game ova $ony!

I expect M$ will deliver a few extra games too, given $ony decided to make 29 games for launch. M$ will gladly shoot out 34, heh heh. Then announce some more.

Oh man, daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn can you imagine the meltdowns at Xbox event......Not to mention the fanboys falling over the guard rails.

Remember tho boys, Capcom has confirmed all unannounced games were canned. So it won't be anything from them. And a game about Loose Cannons is more likely 2014.
Spartan343DAlterias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #350
Spartan343DAlterias
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 52
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand SigilForge View Post
That's the kind of game I want to see, and looking at that french video of Loose Cannon I seriously wish it would come true. I really do man. It probably would be the game of the forever if somehow the specs backed it up and delivered the full thing uncensored. And my god, it would be the future of action games looking at above. So I have one more point to make, just what kind of technology would it take to do this...
Hell yah dudes, that Loose Cannon type game could always appear much later. No way in hell it'll be launch title but look at xboxevent website.

M$ is gonna shock the living hell out of pretty much everyone. And on top of that online only rumors are squashed, online DRM confirmed as well as one hundred percent backwards compatible with 360 games.
Spartan343DAlterias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #351
Babylon-Fishcake
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6

BabylonFishcake's Gamercard
I'd love to see a sequel for Marc Ecko's Getting Up, why they haven't made one yet I'll never know..
Babylon-Fishcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #352
Farsight Centuari
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
I probably wouldn't mind a Perfect Dark 2, Alan Wake 2, Half Life 3 and Lost Odyssey 2. It would also be nice to see a monster hunting game too.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/04/...ca-and-europe/

Don't you guys think this song would be so appropriate for the new big conference...

http://youtu.be/eu-xFvLaE68


p.s.: Is it true what Thuret says that xbox requires it to run? I think it must be bs.
Farsight Centuari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #353
Farsight Centuari
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand SigilForge View Post

It sounds totally awesome to me, that's for freaking sure. Maybe this is why Nintendo DS is stopping production early.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130424e.pdf

I really believe this will have Vita start taking off in sales so more great games for everybody.
You are so right on, reminds me of a theme song I play on my ipod.
http://pastebin.com/0LdnsiZ9

I really want Perfect Dark 2 and Half Life 3 myself.
Farsight Centuari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #354
RaitakanaMendoza
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsight Centuari View Post
I probably wouldn't mind a Perfect Dark 2, Alan Wake 2, Half Life 3 and Lost Odyssey 2. It would also be nice to see a monster hunting game too.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/04/...ca-and-europe/

Don't you guys think this song would be so appropriate for the new big conference...

http://youtu.be/eu-xFvLaE68


p.s.: Is it true what Thuret says that xbox requires it to run? I think it must be bs.
Number 1, that song would be oddly entirely appropriate for the Xbox Event and even E3. I think I'll mail the suggest to MS myself, that's like one of the best songs of the year. Especially the look on the audience's faces when its over.

Number 2, anything off the record that has been stated regarding the new Xbox is false. Paul Thurrot is a fanboy, there I finally said the obvious. He's taking comments out of context from some MS rep over a year ago that had to do with Xbox apps requiring the internet to run. None of this was ever even pondered.

Meaning anything else he said is plain old bullshit. Game will never require internet to run, it never was even considered. Certain apps require being connected, that's all he ever should have typed. Given that Paul is NOT an insider and does not know first hand of the new Xbox, it was certainly silly to burn fire to old rumors.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/26/4268782/next-xbox-drm-achievements-live

There is the only source for evidence. Microsoft has denied all the way along through rumors and clear wording, that the Xbox requires "online-only." Really, all it has ever had is automatic online authentication - DRM for retail games simply because publishers threw a fit. All it is, is a one time activation just like Steam along with many games also being mainly online. (Their main features are online, but still play offline.)

PS4 has since the start had the exact same eco-system. So okay, if you are a fanboy and "stretch" the truth then both systems are clearly ONLINE REQUIRED. But the only thing that requires it, is just activating certain new releases. Sony has way more by the way, which makes it quite sad how nobody pillaged Sony for far worse practices of putting all FPS online.

Adam Sessler likely has it one hundred percent correct. http://www.xplay.com

The "online only" rumor was started by Nintendo, in order to attack the Xbox after seeing a developer kit. The same was then used on Sony, since Nintendo tried to force SCEA out of business last gen. It's the kind of cut throat tactics they use....so given how weird it sounds, I can only assume that a total Nintendo fanboy took the online only rumor straight from his ass. It IS a rumor that has a clear agenda, to destroy both MS and Sony. Only someone doing as bad as Nintendo lately would have this agenda...Last but not least, the new Xbox will be $460 w/ coupon and be 100% native BC.
RaitakanaMendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #355
Phantominatus
 
Phantominatus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 6

Phantominatus's Gamercard
Another Homeworld game or another Freespace Game! Both PC Classics and both finished after game number 2 (though Homeworld had a sorta spin-off).
Phantominatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #356
augusto17381
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Plata, Argentina
Posts: 7

Augus173's Gamercard
I would love to see a new Prince of Persia, not the sands of time storyline, the other one.
augusto17381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #357
IDarK VorteXX
 
IDarK VorteXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London
Posts: 548

IDarK VorteXX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The only games i want sequels for are:
Lost Odyssey 2
Fable 4
Half life 3
Halo Wars 2

I really i want a new JRPG on the 360 or next gen xbox. It just isnt fair how PS3 gets the all the JRPGs.
IDarK VorteXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #358
DarthNyx
 
DarthNyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Midgard
Posts: 5

DarthNyx's Gamercard
Another American McGee Alice game would be cool.
I'd also like to see Prince of Persia, and Fable 4.
DarthNyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #359
Spade.
A La Rev
 
Spade.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 4,327
Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
If they can make it as good as 1 is, I highly anticipate Dark Souls 2.
__________________
StayonTarget after midnight.
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #360
StreetSpirit
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5

OldCrowsx's Gamercard
I would say Half-Life 3...but that's been said a million times.

So probably a Fable game that is actually GOOD, unlike 3.
StreetSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:42 PM.