PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Community Gaming
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Game of the Week: April 8-14 (Minecraft)

The game of the week for April 8-14 is Minecraft. If you are interested in playing with x360a members, feel free to post in this thread and/or just drop into a game throughout the week. Staff members will be creating rooms off and on during the week, but feel free to create your own x360a room and set it to open.

These will all be co-op games so grab a friend or come meet new friends and let's go build something!

If you plan on hosting a session, please post in this thread so that people can join you! If you are joining a session, make sure you tell the host you are from x360a.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
Matt x360a

AlabasterMatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
sign me up to this, would love to build stuff as a big group
Old 03-29-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 47 (more» ...)
Hmmm... I might have to pick up Minecraft. I understand it is quite good and this may provide the kick in the pants that I need to get it started.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #4
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
If anyone wants to pop some of the difficult cheevos send me a message on xbl mentioning the site and the game. I'd be glad to help out with those but not likely going to have the time to join in the parties
Old 03-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
aww man...I was waiting for the retail disc release of this game.....
Old 03-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm interested in this though I've experienced quite hefty lag in games with more than 3 players before (May or may not have been poor internet on the hosts part but either way).

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #7
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
I'm interested in this though I've experienced quite hefty lag in games with more than 3 players before (May or may not have been poor internet on the hosts part but either way).
I've gotten severe lag with just one other person. It mostly happens if something is lit on fire, TNT explodes, or some redstone device is on a loop.

Thanks to Gackt
Old 03-30-2013, 12:55 AM   #8
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
I hosted a room with 6 and had zero lag for anyone. I have a 50/10 connection, which probably helps.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:33 AM   #9
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
I hosted a room with 6 and had zero lag for anyone. I have a 50/10 connection, which probably helps.
...My game has lagged on me when I was the only one playing and worked perfectly other times with 2-3 people playing. I'm sure part of the lag issue has to do with the host's connection speeds but the servers also come into play there.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:22 AM   #10
KillerBEA
Keys to the Kingdom

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Hmmm... I might have to pick up Minecraft. I understand it is quite good and this may provide the kick in the pants that I need to get it started.
and since I did the leg work for my own achievement I can give you the on a rail achievement.

Last edited by KillerBEA; 03-30-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yeah the friend that hosted didn't have the best internet, it's definitely host dependent.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I'll be able to host a room for this! I'll try to keep it open a lot and when I don't feel like building I'll keep the world open and just invite people who ask while I just do something else around the house.

Actually, wow, this is in the middle of two tournaments. I'm going to be busy! I might actually hook up my second console for this.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:40 AM   #13
R00TER

JonLindsten's Gamercard
I'd love to play some, I can probably host if needed and I do also have a 500ft minecart track and saddles if any of those achievements would be needed!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
Delta3519
Unstoppable Chaos

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Yay I can't wait to play this game with everyone!

Quote:
I was playing with a friend and was getting a lot of lag. But he also has a bad internet connection. Last night I played with another friend (who has better internet connection) and there was no lag at all
Old 04-04-2013, 03:12 AM   #15
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I was also going to wait until retail version. I play all the time on PC but mainly with all kinds of mods like Tekkit or Feed the Beast, plus I hate the default texture pack.

We should do this one again next month or something. Also, I completely forgot about the RDR week, sorry about that guys.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #16
Corrupt.
Damn you, Walt Whitman!

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
If anyone wants to pop some of the difficult cheevos send me a message on xbl mentioning the site and the game. I'd be glad to help out with those but not likely going to have the time to join in the parties
I can vouch for this. Troy made this very easy for me. And also, finally a game I can join in with!

Old 04-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #17
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

By request I am online in minecraft now. Send me messages if you want in on the fun

edit: Off for the night. See you guys later Thanks for the new pet chicken/duck

Last edited by troy0891 x360a; 04-09-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:29 AM   #18
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Minecraft.... It's like LEGO's for adults!

Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #19
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Minecraft.... It's like LEGO's for adults!
Minecraft....it's like what video games were...20 years ago.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #20
KillerBEA
Keys to the Kingdom

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Anybody want to play some minecraft with me for a few hours?

Just send me a message over live if you do, my friends list is full atm.

I got 2 worlds ready to go a super flat and a regular randomly generated world dedicated for this. I have a little less than 3 hours before I have to go play Gears 2 with some friends

Last edited by KillerBEA; 04-10-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #21
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Last couple days for this. Anyone available this weekend to host up a world?

Old 04-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #22
tigersrule
Community & Events Team

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   Staff - Community and Events Team   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Quote:
Last couple days for this. Anyone available this weekend to host up a world?
I nominate you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I've never been to California, but it's going to be a shame that my first trip out there will be mostly me kicking your ass.
Community Blogs | Ambassadors | Community Gaming | Artist of the Month
Old 04-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #23
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersrule View Post
I nominate you.
I work weekends, so that isn't going to happen. No reason you can't, however. It doesn't have to be hosted by a staff member.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #24
tigersrule
Community & Events Team

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   Staff - Community and Events Team   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
I work weekends, so that isn't going to happen. No reason you can't, however. It doesn't have to be hosted by a staff member.
Shouldn't it be someone with a pretty good internet connection though? Every time I seem to host a lobby the other person lags out. And that's with only one other person, never mind a full lobby. That's the reason I nominated you. You said you've hosted a lobby with six people and not had any lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I've never been to California, but it's going to be a shame that my first trip out there will be mostly me kicking your ass.
Community Blogs | Ambassadors | Community Gaming | Artist of the Month
Old 04-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #25
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersrule View Post
Shouldn't it be someone with a pretty good internet connection though? Every time I seem to host a lobby the other person lags out. And that's with only one other person, never mind a full lobby. That's the reason I nominated you. You said you've hosted a lobby with six people and not had any lag.
Um, yeah. If your internet connection is crap, don't bother hosting.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #26
Delta3519
Unstoppable Chaos

Delta3519's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Awman I was really busy last week and was unable to join everyone

Quote:
Any chance you could play during a week day morning? I'm on eastern standard time (US)

Last edited by Delta3519; 04-15-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #27
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

This is now history...

Closed Thread